Welcome to Gaia! ::

Scribble, Scratch, and Scrawl

User Image

REBOOT
So back in '09, I basically invented the Writing Shop Mini-Shop foum with the original Scribble, Scratch, & Scrawl. Since then, life has gotten in the way, and I've completed two advanced degrees in English Literature, Classical Languages, and Professional Editing. Now, as a boring adult, I'm zombie-ing (that is most definitely not a word) my old account and relationships on Gaia and rebooting Scribble, Scratch, and Scrawl. Boom.

WRITING:
Do you make up new scenes in your head after reading a book or watching a movie/tv show? Are you really good at drawing and love to illustrate new scenes between characters... but you still need more? Do you hold true to a OC pairing? Do you desperately want to read more of your favorite book?

That’s what I’m here for. To take your characters, pictures, avatars, and create a story around them. But I’m flexible. If you want to give me an image and for me to just go free, I can work with that just as well as a very specific character, personality, and situation.

EDITING & CRITIQUE:
I've noticed a lot of people trolling around, trying to get critique on their work. Well, I have a BA in English & Classics, and an MS in Professional Editing. As such, I'm considering all of my editing and critique on the same level of professional freelancers. In advance, this is going to be more expensive. For those of you that are interested, I will read, edit, and give you a lengthy critique. If it makes me mentally gag by the end of the first page, I'll return it to you with whatever work I've made to it, a short critique, and a partial refund. Deal.

Moving on. Now that I’m done explaining my shop, let’s get down to the basics.

post o1. introduction. post o2. history. post o3. noncanon character list and summaries. post o4. canon character list. post o5. prices. post o6. order form. post o7. waiting list. post o8. works in progress. post o9. completed works. post 1o. announcements.
The Hows and Whys of this Shop:

In the history portion of this post, I am supposed to go and show you some actually old decent works of mine in hopes that you browse them as well and then decide to go put some gold on the line and receive and awesome piece of creative fiction-work! I've been having issues with the links in this post, so if you have trouble following them, please browse my journal for all of the examples!

All of these previews are from '09 and earlier. Since then, I've corrected a bunch of stylistic issues and expanded my horizons. Use these as examples the basic expectation of work you will recieve.

Click for Drabble Example [o1.]

Click for Short Story Example [o1.]

Order Example [o1.]

Order Example [o2.]

Please note, this is an LBGT-friendly writing & editing shop. So yes, I will write your slash pairings!

post o1. introduction. post o2. history. post o3. noncanon character list and summaries. post o4. canon character list. post o5. prices. post o6. order form. post o7. waiting list. post o8. works in progress. post o9. completed works. post 1o. announcements
Noncanon Character Listing and Summaries:

Faith LeCastle - Elementalist. [x]

Isabella Ransuette - Superhero. [x]

Jack and Jake Lanke - Snipers. [x]

Jaime Kadren - Skateboarder. [x]

Jaime Kadren - Assassin. [x]

Jynx - Vigilante. [x]

Leslie 'Chaos' - Half Demon. [x]

Pandora [Dora] Archer - Teen.[x]

If you're stalkin' me and found one of my newer characters that you like WAY BETTER, put that down. I'll know who you mean.

post o1. introduction. post o2. history. post o3. noncanon character list and summaries. post o4. canon character list. post o5. prices. post o6. order form. post o7. waiting list. post o8. works in progress. post o9. completed works. post 1o. announcements.
Canon Characters:

Harry Potter.
All Characters (Book and Movie)

Chronicles of Narnia.

Twilight Saga.

Pendragon.
All Characters

Maximum Ride.
All Characters (Both the Adult and Children versions)

LOTR/Hobbit.

Wizard of Oz.
All Characters (Book and Movie Versions)

Scandal.
All Characters

Game of Thrones.
All Characters (HBO Series)

Walking Dead.
All Characters

Fringe.
All Characters

ETC.

If you have any other ideas, lay it on me. I've read everything... a lot of books and I watch TV and movies like crazy, but I tried to list some of the major universes that I've been obsessing over. So, chances are, if you are a fan, I know something of it, if not a lot. If you're someone who hangs around enough and I don't know your fan base, maybe I'll read up if it sounds cool. If it's available on Netflix, I'm willing to watch a season. Maybe.

Pricing Structure:

Writing*: Fiction & FanFiction

Drabble- One to Three pages: 15,000g per page
Short-Short Story- Three to Six pages: 25,000g per page
Short Story- Seven to Ten pages- 50,000g+ per page

My characters- No Addition
Your characters- 2000g Addition
Every character after the Initial Two [Freebies]- 500g per additional character

*-What Writing Includes
Now. When I write a story, I sometimes go on tangents, or I get excited. If this happens and it makes the work in question a little longer, I'm not going to charge you for those extra pages. My bad. On the flip side, if something comes out a little shorter than I would anticipate and I don't know where I want to go with it, I will PM you, showing you what I have and whether you feel that the work in question is adequate, or what direction you would like for me to continue the story in. Granted, I don't think that's going to happen, but if it does, then hey. We'll work it out. Now. If I write something that you hate with a burning passion, PM me. I will REWRITE the story for you.

All drabbles, short-short stories, and short stories' length will be set according to it's length in Microsoft Word: size 12pt font, standard typeface (Calibri/Cambria), standard margins. Length after being copied into a PM is not a reason to complain.

Now. If you need me to write something that is clearly nonfiction, I'm open to it. I've helped write for guilds that need introductions, rules, explanations, settings, etc. I can do that too. Obviously that isn't part of the pricing structure, but PM me and we'll talk. If you want to see some of my work, head over to WGP Academy. In advance, I tend to need a little more guidance to make sure I'm writing what you want me to write. So, I'll bug you.

Editing**
-Each and every one of these prices is up for discussion if I feel that your level of work will require an excess amount of my time and effort. I don't intend to bang these out, so to speak, but if I'm restructuring every other sentence, I will PM you to discuss an additional fee. Sorry.

Drabble- One to Three Pages: 15,000g per page
Short-Short Story- Four to Six Pages: 20,000g per page
Short Story- Seven to Twelve Pages: 30,000g per page
Medium Story- Thirteen to Twenty Pages: 50,000g per page
Upwards of Twenty Pages: PM me and we'll discuss

**What Editing Includes-
Editing takes me a helluva long time to do. I'm a perfectionist, I have a Master's degree in it, and you're definitely paying for what you're getting. When I edit, I immediately transfer all documents to a Word Doc and turn on the tracking tool so you can physically see every single change I'm making to your piece. I will check your piece for spelling and grammatical errors and, duh, edit them so that they are what they need to be. I will check your piece for 'general flow,' which means I will read your piece aloud and make sure nothing sounds out of place. I will make sure all of your sentences are properly structured. After all of that, I'm going to be rereading your piece to make sure I didn't miss anything and writing you a critique on your piece and give you some tips on any reoccurring errors and things you might want to think about changing throughout your piece. Essentially, I'm giving you the same service as a freelance editor on MediaBistro, or the like. If this is what you want, or you want me to concentrate on something specific in a work that you feel is already sufficient to a certain level, PM me and we'll talk prices. If you stick around long enough, I do stuff for free. And the occasional raffle and whatever.

If you have problems paying for anything or would rather trade an item for my work, please PM me about it. I'm more than likely going to accept this, but please keep this within reason.

Order Form:

UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, PLEASE SEND ALL PMs TO connie9191. I'M WORKING WITH GAIA TECHIES TO reset account settings BRING BROKEN_91 BACK TO LIFE, BUT IT HASN'T HAPPENED YET.

PM all order forms- Please Note Type of Order in Subject Line

OMG. FICTION ORDER!
[size=11][b]Username[/b]:
[b]Length of Order[/b]: (drabble, short, etc)
[b]Fandom[/b]: (original, from listed, or other)
[b]Initial two characters[/b]:
[b]Additional characters[/b]:
[b]Genre[/b]:
[b]Rating*[/b]:
[b]Keywords or jumpstart**[/b]: (optional)

Total Price of Order: (Tips Welcome)[/size]

*I will accept higher rated stories, but if after receiving the story I feel uncomfortable or do not feel that I can properly write what you requested, I will PM you requesting to change the rating to something lower, or to refund you your money. Whichever you prefer.

**This helps me immensely but isn’t required, as said above. If you have an idea as where you would like for me to go with your order, this is where it goes. The longer of an explanation you give me, the easier it is for me to take it and run with it, thusly returning your order to you quicker.

OMG. EDITING ORDER!
[size=11][b]Username[/b]:
[b]Length of Order[/b]: (short, short-short, etc)
[b]Fandom[/b]: (original or other)
[b]Genre[/b]:
[b]Rating[/b]:
[b]One Sentence Description[/b]:
[b]Specific Concentrations[/b]: (if any)

[b]Total Price of Order[/b]: (Tips Welcome)[/size]

Ordering

Now. You send me a PM with your order.

I look over it, accept it, PM you that I have accepted your order. I write you down in my little book; post your name on my list in my shop; I wait for you to send me the trade for the gold or items that we agree upon via PMs. I will not accept this trade until I have personally e-mailed or PM'd you the final work.

When I have returned your piece, I will accept the trade. After you have read your work, approve the trade and everyone's happy.

If you have some issues or want to discuss something further, then make sure you don't approve the trade until you're satisfied. I'll do my best.

Waiting List:

o1. Indubitably: Multiple Orders

o2. Empty Slot

o3. Empty Slot

o4. Empty Slot

o5. Empty Slot

- As I am still getting into the rhythm of summertime, I am going to put wait limit on my work but as this moves along and everything settles I will increase the number of slots in my wait list. I may not always move in order but I will return your order in a timely fashion. If I have not returned it to you within a month, please bother me and we'll talk about making your order free.

If you happened to know me before I dropped off the face of the planet or ordered from me in my old shop, you can jump the list and we'll discuss reduced pricing!

Works in Progress:

Slot o1: Indubitably : Progress- XXX

Slot o2: sixii : Progress- One

Slot o3: illusionedLunatic : Progress- One

Slot o4: Progress-

Slot o5: Progress-

I will rate progress on a scale from One to Five: One being the lowest level and Five being the highest level.

If you don't see your work on this list when it was previously listed, please check the Completed Works list below.

Completed Works:

-Flixxs: Editing Order [Drabble]

-Smiley Faic: Writing Order [Drabble] "IT'S ADORABLE. I should add a tip now."

-Lucky~9~Lives: Writing Order [Short] "Oh wow, that's perfect! Thank you very much for taking the time to add to it! <3 "

Announcements:

May 10th:
-Open for Business and now accepting Order Forms! Since I just created my reboot account, please wait until May 13th to send connie9191 a trade, due to Gaia rules regarding a 3-day wait to purchase a trading pass.

Please remember to send all PMs to connie9191. Any PMs sent to broken_91 will be ignored until otherwise notified!

I am going to enforce a two-week limit between orders of short-shorts and short stories. Drabbles please give others a week before ordering. If there is an empty slot after that one or two week period, go ahead. One order at a time as well.

post o1. introduction. post o2. history. post o3. noncanon character list and summaries. post o4. canon character list. post o5. prices. post o6. order form. post o7. waiting list. post o8. works in progress. post o9. completed works. post 1o. announcements
Hello! This is my reboot account until stated otherwise. You may check the Announcements post directly above to be sure!

Another reminder, please send all PMs to connie9191. All PMs sent to broken_91 will be ignored until stated otherwise.

Enjoy!
Academic & Real World Editing

Please note that I am also willing to edit academic papers and edit real-world documents. Prices will be slashed and negotiated based on length and topic. Please PM connie9191 with details.

Bribes....

Sooo, let's just say that bribes move your order aaaaall the way to the top. I have a bunch of things listed on my wish list connected to my connie9191 account, and its pretty clear that I love all things plushie, dragon-related, and hats. Love the old 'kewl' hats.... Browse and PM me if you want to throw one at me in lieu of gold, or just to bump up the waiting list!

Lucky Noob

User Image

[SIX HAS CONQUERED THIS SECTION OF THE INTERWEBS.]

Hello!

I'm interested in ordering, but I'm just curious about what you mean by "Initial two characters" in your fiction order form. We're allowed to order pure OC stories, correct?

1,600 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
Aw yea, sonnnn.

1,600 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
sixii

I'm interested in ordering, but I'm just curious about what you mean by "Initial two characters" in your fiction order form. We're allowed to order pure OC stories, correct?

My take on it as a previous customer [please correct me if I'm wrong]:

The initial two characters should be the main characters of the piece. So, that means putting something like Sherlock & Watson, or two of your own OCs. Links to profiles and/or descriptions are helpful.

Below, if you wanted additional characters in the scene, you would add them as well, but the first spot should be for whomever you want the focus to be on.

If you check out the last two examples she's provided, you can see some completed order forms that may give a better idea.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff