Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
Np ^^ And I have another question sweatdrop One of Kotori's weapons is a tanto- but, from what I've read there were different kinds of tanto. Do you have anything specific for it in mind, or just as long as its a tanto? For Kotori's personality, I'm inclined to go with the tessan-tanto; it was a dagger but when sheathed looked like a fan- she'd be able to carry it in broad daylight and would just look like another woman with a fan in her obi.

Either that, or - or maybe in addition to the tessan-tanto- I could see Zennosuke, maybe in an ironic or cynical mood- giving Kotori the kubikiri tanto, which (if the book I got it from is correct) means "head cutter" and was carried by high ranking samurai who had the honor of removing the heads of slain enemies for trophies.

Sorry if this is being too nit-picky or so. History itself fascinates me, especially that of other cultures and sometimes I get a little carried away. sweatdrop
Madam Chai
Np ^^ And I have another question sweatdrop One of Kotori's weapons is a tanto- but, from what I've read there were different kinds of tanto. Do you have anything specific for it in mind, or just as long as its a tanto? For Kotori's personality, I'm inclined to go with the tessan-tanto; it was a dagger but when sheathed looked like a fan- she'd be able to carry it in broad daylight and would just look like another woman with a fan in her obi.

Either that, or - or maybe in addition to the tessan-tanto- I could see Zennosuke, maybe in an ironic or cynical mood- giving Kotori the kubikiri tanto, which (if the book I got it from is correct) means "head cutter" and was carried by high ranking samurai who had the honor of removing the heads of slain enemies for trophies.

Sorry if this is being too nit-picky or so. History itself fascinates me, especially that of other cultures and sometimes I get a little carried away. sweatdrop

Don't worry, it's alright! I think she'd carry a simple kaiken since she barely uses it anyway. It's just an extra weapon for when her target is in a crowd or if she can't use her wires for whatever reason biggrin

Lonely Phantom

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
just giving you an update, I'm very sorry this is taking so long. I planned on being done with it by now. gonk I am working on it but I've been having some writer's block. >.< I've challenged myself a lil bit with this piece- I planned an emotional plot along with the physical- action and fights are always fun and a lil bit bloody, but I"m a bit of a hopeless romantic and can't help but weave some of that in as well ^^

Plot- as part of Zennosuke saving Kotori from Lord Amagi's orders for execution, out running Lord Amagi's men, and settling down with each other in a quiet, peaceful little village up north, more towards the northern tip of Honshu or possible on the southern tip of Hokkaido, I'm also including Zennosuke and Kotori facing their feelings for each other. Their relationship is at the point where they have admitted their feelings for each other to themselves (realized their love for each other) and are trying to express it, but keep getting their signals mixed up, and Kotori still has a slight, lingering fear of Zennosuke. (at the beginning of the story, she does but along their journey she gradually over comes it.)

So far I'm calling the piece 'Bengara Koushi" after the sliding screen doors and how when one side is open, the other side is closed. Kind of a metaphorical thing (and I heard a pretty love song a friend linked me to on youtube called that). At least, until i can think of a better title for it. sweatdrop
Madam Chai

That sounds absolutely wonderful! I'm sure it'll turn out well heart

Victory

Can I just say... Zennosuke is hot. ;w;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items