Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
User Image

What Do I Do Here?

This shop is here primarily for editing or beta-reading purposes.
I will edit and/or critique your work. I will assist in doctoring for a slightly higher fee. And I will be your roleplaying editor or fanfiction beta reader.
I will write stream of consciousness poetry or prose from an OC's point of view.
I will do drabbles (100 words) and ficlets (50 sentences).
I will write short stories. (Right now, I am only interested in writing fan fiction of very particular fandoms. See next post for the deets.)

How Much Will This Cost Me?

As usual, it depends. The editing will be cheap; about 50g a paragraph for just editing, 100g for critique/suggestion. Doctoring will be dependent on story and how much work needs to be done. It will change for every story, but those are the prices you can expect.
The poetry or prose will run about 1k-5k.
Drabbles and ficlets - offers only.
Fanfiction will also be offers only, but seeing as these will run long, 100k at least, probably.

6,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
Samples

I originally wasn't going to post any. This was supposed to be an editing shop. Oh, well.

Stream of Consciousness Prose
Quote:
"You can't live in the past," he advised her. Like for some reason that was something she'd never heard before. "Well, you know me," she had said. She hadn't wanted to say it. It had been on the tip of her tongue, opening her mouth, about to come out, but not knowing how to say what it was she wanted to say.
...more.

Stream of Consciousness Poetry
Quote:
Red flowers grow on the side of the road
they look like they would rise
right up to my eyes.
...more.

Fanfiction
Quote:
In the August before Frodo's forty-ninth birthday, Gandalf returned to the Shire. For many long years he had been neither seen nor heard from. And if the typical inhabitant of this green and quiet country remarked upon this at all, perhaps they thought him gone for good.

As it was, the old wizard blew in with a late afternoon storm, his cloak billowing like the wings of a great bird, his brows as lowering as the grey clouds now scudding across the ragged sky. Thunder followed in his wake.
...more.

So What Do I Want?
Editing: I would love to beta someone's work. And I would love to be someone's full time editor, especially for roleplaying. We could work out a deal. But I love editing. This would be my favorite job.
Stream of Consciousness: Complex characters and subtle interaction. As you can see, I love deep character study. Anger, sadness, all very fun.
Drabbles: Unique setting or story idea. Wonderful characters. OCs and fandoms welcome.
Fanfiction: You must have at least a semi-idea of what you want!
Stargate-verse, almost any pairing, good plots necessary. (Instant yes: Rodney/Radek)
Doctor Who, some pairings. Kingdom Hearts. Feel free to ask about any others.

6,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
Order... form?

Not necessary, but some people like them.

Editing:
(Remember for editing: editing gets you grammar only, critique gets you ideas and suggestions as well, doctoring is a full make-over.)

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Type of Editing:[/b] edit/critique/doctoring
[b]Type of Literature:[/b] drabble, short story, etc
[b]Asking Price:[/b]

Literature:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Type of Literature:[/b] SoC, drabble, fanfiction
[b]Word Count Estimation:[/b]
[b]Type of Fandom:[/b] (OC) or (fandom name)
[b]Asking Price:[/b]

Those suck.
You can also just say what you want. I'm not picky. XD

Waiting List:

Bribe List:

6,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
oooooopen!

6,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100

9,775 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
ill give u a shot pls pm me for details
nice avi btw

9,775 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
ill give u a shot pls pm me for details
nice avi btw

6,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
Hey, Gypsy. How long is a drabble?

6,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
Lucky~9~Lives

To me it's 100 words.
Gypsy Diver

Thanks for responding...I just noticed you already said how many words in your opening posts, sorry for being a pest. XP

I have a plot idea for a ficlet, if you're willing - it's based on a picture I commissioned, if you're willing:

Time-Warp Battle

Braxas - a cocky, obnoxious town-guard - foolishly starts harassing Cygnus, who waves his wand...making Braxas start getting younger! Too busy acting macho to notice at first, Braxas grows infuriated as Cygnus chuckles at his slipping clothing, but his surly attitude becomes comical as he reverts to his awkward adolescent years. Cygnus easily holds his wand out of reach as Braxas shrinks into a child, taunting the frustrated fighter as he degenerates to a tantruming toddler, before casually lifting the protesting infant onto a changing-mat and diapering him before his stunned-yet-amused fellow guards.

Is 5K okay? Feel free to PM any questions. <3

6,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
Okie, shooting a PM now. ^^
Gypsy Diver
Okie, shooting a PM now. ^^

Cool, can't wait to receive it. ^^

6,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
Hah, you should have gotten it by now, resending! XD
Gypsy Diver
Hah, you should have gotten it by now, resending! XD

Hmm, still nothing...maybe the PM system is glitchy...PMs from other people are getting through though. XP

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff