Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello gaians!

First off I do Live Action Role Play (LARP). It is a fantasy-horror based larping game that I attend and there are a group of us trying to bring in a new religion into our game. Since our god doesn't exist yet our religion will start off

as a cult but if we get enough followers he'll become "real."
So this is where you guys come in.
I'm in need of short stories, poems, even song lyrics.
They need to be original and entail our made up god.
Whatever you write for me will be used during this larping events that I attend, and used to gain populace for our religion.

You can write basically whatever, but it needs to involve the god, whether it's about people following him, him meeting people or him being disobeyed.

If you are interested please submit a two- four sentence example of your work, and if you have an asking price let me know other wise we can work out a deal of some sort I'm sure.

Heres a short summary about him;

God's Name: Apulu
God of: Healing and Plague.
Sub god of; Music, Poetry, Divination, Light and Shadow

Symbol: A white bird with the tail feathers spread into 6 plumes

Born from the god Charon

While protecting the god of magi's spirit on its journey to the underworld, Charon was injured by a powerful spell. From the injury fell six drops of blood, from each sprang a type of illness and death. They were disease, infection, virus, parasite, injuries, and disorder/disability. From the pool of blood sprang forth new life as well, Apulu the god of the plagues and healing.

Apulu now walks among the mortals of the world, spreading knowledge of both magical and natural illness and disease. The belief that only something that is understood can be reversed is at the heart of these lessons. He is well known to encourage the use of corrupted nature magic and the knowledge of the magic contained within such a sphere, for to purify nature one must know what corrupts it.

-To know light, one must know shadow. To know order, one must know chaos. To know health, one must know sickness.

-You must understand both the good and the evil to truly understand anything.

-Sacrifices are made in his name by only those that are sick and dying, they take their own life in order to save the ones they love, usually from a plague wreaking havoc on a village, once the sacrifice is complete the person will turn into a white bird either at the time of their death or will appear later to their love ones when they feel it is necessary to watch over them once more.

Also if you want to involve the other gods that are pre-existing you can read up on them [here]

Feel free to ask questions =3

Conservative Gawker

Hello~
My name is Plumgoat and I would like to try writing you a couple poems or short stories if you are interested.

For an example here is a haiku, and if you want another example (of a story or something else) please let me know~

Haikus:
God born from Charon
God of all that plagues us
Light and shadow lives

Poem (kinda chant thing I suppose):

The creator of all that plagues us
Here I stand underneath your wing
You are our foundation, our truss
We feel both good and evil's sting

(If you want me to continue that one, let me know~)

Anyways, hope it was alright <3

Militant Loverboy

This actually sounds pretty neat. I do some larping and table-rpgs myself, so I'd be happy to help out a fellow larper.

Marking this thread so I remember to come back to it and post samples later. (Also, hate to be crass right off the bat, but what sort of funds are we talking? With inflation these days, you know... Gold doesn't go as far as it used to.)
plumgoat
Hello~
My name is Plumgoat and I would like to try writing you a couple poems or short stories if you are interested.

For an example here is a haiku, and if you want another example (of a story or something else) please let me know~

Haikus:
God born from Charon
God of all that plagues us
Light and shadow lives

Poem (kinda chant thing I suppose):

The creator of all that plagues us
Here I stand underneath your wing
You are our foundation, our truss
We feel both good and evil's sting

(If you want me to continue that one, let me know~)

Anyways, hope it was alright <3

OH super awesome, I love these! Please continue!
x__Litrouke
This actually sounds pretty neat. I do some larping and table-rpgs myself, so I'd be happy to help out a fellow larper.

Marking this thread so I remember to come back to it and post samples later. (Also, hate to be crass right off the bat, but what sort of funds are we talking? With inflation these days, you know... Gold doesn't go as far as it used to.)

Ooo what sort of larping do you do?

You can ask, at the moment I have 7 mill in liquid gold, but plenty of items I have no qualms with parting with to make more or if you are looking for an item that I may have we can barter, I've been on and off gaia far too long, I remember the days when gaia was just Barton.

Though we'll exclude the items I'm wearing, I'm sort of partial to these, mostly the white body dye... so many bugs were killed for that.

Militant Loverboy

Elanesse

The extremely, extremely informal sort, just with friends. I don't really know the technical classifications of larping, so I'm not sure I can answer more specifically than that, sorry. xD I don't like too many rules or numbers... If I want number-crunching, I can play a tabletop or video game.

Okay, cool! Sometimes people say 'i'm willing to pay a lot' but their definition of a lot is....outdated haha. It sounds like you've got sufficient funds. Lemme see what samples I have on this computer...

my normal prose first --- this is a medievalish fantasyish setting. The main character in this scene, a mercenary cavalryman called Patterson, can mildly communicate with animals. It's more like vague empathy than telepathy. His horse fell in the last battle, and this scene is him getting a new one.
"You got to choose one of them. We ride out this afternoon."

Patterson shook his head. "None of them want to go with me."

"That's foolishness, it is," the man harrumphed. "You've got to be the best owner of them all, with that Gift of yours. Always knowing what they want, if they're sick, that sort of thing. And you'll only ride a few days. We can see about a proper mount back at camp."

Patterson made another cautious round of the horses, meeting their wet eyes as they edged back to keep him in sight. He couldn't call it fear, but rather reluctance, that prevented any of them from stepping forward. Paranoia made him think that they could smell Laska's ((his previous horse)) decay on his weary clothes, but none of them had mentioned it. They were certain that he was kind, from what he could tell. Still no one came forward.

Turning back to the man, he proposed, "I can march."

"Pick a goddamn horse, boy. All these are plenty fine," he said, swinging a hand toward the cluster of horses. "And you're going to take one and you're going to ride it, Gift or not."

"This has nothing to do with my Gift."

"Don't play stupid here, ya brat." He stalked past Patterson and snatched at the reins of the nearest horse. "Take it. If you can't be arsed to choose, I'll do it for you. I said take it!"

"'It is a he," Patterson pointed out.

"I mean the ******** reins!" The man threw them at Patterson. They fell short and slapped harmlessly against the horse's side. The stallion shook his head in confusion, ears whisked back and hooves dancing in the dirt.

Approaching him, Patterson said a quiet apology and offered his hand for examination. Once approved, he rubbed down the stallion's nose, touching his other hand to the horse's neck. "Does he have a name?"

The man grunted something.

"What?"

"Duckfoot."

"...what?"

"Duckfoot! Can you only hear horses now! Lord's mercy," he swore, punctuating it with a spit in the dirt. "You taking him?"

With the man behind him, Patterson snuck the stallion a private smile. "I'm told I have no choice." He expected nothing less than the chain of swears he received. He looked over his shoulder to ask for the story behind such a stupid name, but the man had already stomped off to get ledger books.

"Is he lying to me?" Patterson asked, checking the horse's hooves for any sign of feathers. "Or do you really answer to Duckfoot?"

The stallion flubbed his lips and nose-butted Patterson in the face.

and thennnn this is a dream sequence from a commission thing.... more poetic and abstract

He's walking by a river. The day is fresh like cold water, a little stunning in the candid brightness of it all. The leaves live; the grass breathes. Todd finds himself reluctant to move, with guilty heavy feet. He edges off the grass, who is beginning to catch the wind in rustling gossip, a hushshhshh all around him, just too soft to make out. The river curves away from him, digging deeper into the valley. He walks along a dirty bank that rises as the river falls, until he is many bodies above the water.

Peering down into the distant water, Todd forgets his feet. They lapse from dirt to grass and a daisy lashes out at him, blinding yellow anger. He stumbles, toes clenching at the soil. But it betrays him, crumbles, and he pitches forward.

Over the edge.

Into

---

He's walking by a river. The day is bright, caustic and severe. The colours are a set of fine china, perfectly ordered behind the polished glass of the wind. He hesitates. The blades of grass speculate, rumours rippling through the green, until the wind shushes them in a tight burst of breath. It is an acorn that saves him, so shining brown it scalds. It drops from an unseen tree and rolls past his feet. Todd follows, knowing this is the path, and picks his way toward the riverbed.

The acorn rolls over the high edge, down into the water below.

He has to follow

---

The river. The unbearable life bright around him.

It is nothing's fault but his this time. On the dirt bank, he loses focus and his heel slips. Gasping, he lurches forward to try to catch himself. The ground beneath slides muddy and his hands catch only dust. He does not fall breathlessly this time. His knees slam into rock and slate tears off his nails as he scrabbles at it. He hits the water with a clap loud enough to drown out his shout.

The river tries to be kind. It runs him close to shore, though his feet slice on shells and sand burns itself into the wounds. Panting and mud-soaked, Todd splashes his way to a great rock. He drags himself on top, face to the sky and body shivering.

BIG SHRUG i dont really know what samples to post for this sort of thing. i've written a couple stories in a faerie tale tone, but i don't think i have them on this computer, so...

LOLWAIT I FOUND ONE

In the middle of the night, a little boy woke. He rose from his bed and came to the window, looking out into the cool night. The path beside his house looked long and dusted with loneliness under the stars' dim light, but he could see nothing changed from usual. He looked about his room for the noise that had woken him, but found nothing. In confusion, he sank back onto his bed and tried to sleep.

But then he heard the sound of footsteps. They were like an oxen's sturdy plodding, slow but purposeful, driving toward a goal. The sound of footsteps came from both inside and out, and when he rose again to the window, the little boy saw that it was not oxen, but women.

The path through the village was crowded with women, from grey-faced matrons to maidens with flowered hair. Though it was the dead of night, the women were garbed in fine velvet cloaks that shushed the ground upon which they trod, and these were done up at their throats by broaches of garnet and ruby.

It seemed to the little boy as if the common people of his town had been reborn as fae, so wondrously did the moonlight paint them. He watched the silent parade pass, not daring any sound of his own lest one turn and discover him.

But as the women drew on, he saw among them his own family, his sister and mother. In horror, he remembered that the footsteps had come from within his own house as well. He rushed from his room and into the road, crying, "Mother! Dear sister! Why are you leaving?" Yet they did not answer him, nor turn their heads in greeting. Onward they walked, swathed in heavy fabric, glittering eyes forward.

The little boy begged them to stay, following the unspeaking women until path and town ended. There, a hand touched his shoulder and an old, worn voice lamented, "They are under enchantment, my child. You must not follow where you cannot go."

The warning came from an old man who lived alone at the edge of town. He had neither wife nor daughter to join the procession, but the little boy's pitiful cries had roused him. He stood with the boy as the women disappeared into the forest beyond, and then they returned into town together.

There, slowly men had wandered from their cold beds in search of wives, fathers asking after daughters, and sons after mothers. None knew what had befallen their women, until the old man and the little boy told of their leave-taking.

The beginning is really the boring part... it's much more interesting when they start going to towns, but hey, there's an example of the style.
larping between friends vs a large organized one isn't really the class, more like fantasy, modern, horror is the class. Murder mysteries are actually a form of larp that people tend to forget and there are no real rules or numbers for that ;D.

I like the examples you've got there! Given the scope of what you know of Apulu what sort of written do you think you want to flesh out? and what are your hopes in the way of payment for it?

Militant Loverboy

Elanesse
larping between friends vs a large organized one isn't really the class, more like fantasy, modern, horror is the class. Murder mysteries are actually a form of larp that people tend to forget and there are no real rules or numbers for that ;D.

I like the examples you've got there! Given the scope of what you know of Apulu what sort of written do you think you want to flesh out? and what are your hopes in the way of payment for it?

Oh oh I see, as in genre. Mm, still pretty much whatever takes our fancy. Often something modernish but changed a bit to keep it from being mundane --- slightly futuristic dystopia or fantasy modern, something like that. Speaking of, can you give me a distilled summary of your larp's world or point me to a very short description of it? I really....would look through all the links on the website but... I have not the strength right now. Maybe later.

Just a basic 'what Earth time period does it align with' 'does magic actually exist' etc etc.

(Also, this dude's basically Apollo, right? xD)

As for what I would write... -taps chin- I just went to the most loony Easter sermon this morning. No joke, the pastor pulled out a machete during it. And someone came up and reported solemnly on being attacked and held down by demons in his bed. So I kind of feel like writing something appropriately loony, the witnessing of our lord savior Apulu's power, etc etc.

Price, price... I dunno, can you afford 10 mil for a single story? Somewhere between 5 and 10 mil is good, if it's reasonable for you. People are throwing out 50-100mil for half-body art these days... I just can't keep up. OTL
x__Litrouke
Elanesse

Oh oh I see, as in genre. Mm, still pretty much whatever takes our fancy. Often something modernish but changed a bit to keep it from being mundane --- slightly futuristic dystopia or fantasy modern, something like that. Speaking of, can you give me a distilled summary of your larp's world or point me to a very short description of it? I really....would look through all the links on the website but... I have not the strength right now. Maybe later.

Just a basic 'what Earth time period does it align with' 'does magic actually exist' etc etc.

As for what I would write... -taps chin- I just went to the most loony Easter sermon this morning. No joke, the pastor pulled out a machete during it. And someone came up and reported solemnly on being attacked and held down by demons in his bed. So I kind of feel like writing something appropriately loony, the witnessing of our lord savior Apulu's power, etc etc.

Price, price... I dunno, can you afford 10 mil for a single story? Somewhere between 5 and 10 mil is good, if it's reasonable for you. People are throwing out 50-100mil for half-body art these days... I just can't keep up. OTL
Where are Jack and Santa? How should I know? I'm not their babysitter.
x__Litrouke

Neat! I like hearing about small groups changing it up.

It's of it's own realm, but comparing it to our time line it's medieval. There are elves and kobolds, my priest character is a minotaur. Yes, there is magic, it's divided into healing, nature, elemental, protections, and physionics + unlockable ones like corrupted nature, witchcraft etc.,
The various magic groups are known as Spheres.
The world as bunch of gods that derive from our old gods, there are a lot of viking gods. And yes

Apulu is Apollo, we took the Hittite name for him (Aplu) and added another u, because we liked the sound~
We didn't want to called him Apollo, because even though it's meta-gaming ,it would happen and people who hear Apollo think "sun god" and forget his other responsibilities which we want to emphasis on since there is already a god of the sun in this world and don't want to conflict with that.

*Important Note* There are dragons, they can not be killed and they hate gods.

Ugh I still can't believe the rise in art. I used to sell art on gaia, but the prices are just crazy and freebies are no fun anymore, because not many of them speak about their appreciation for the free art they get. A thank you goes a long way you know.
But yeah as for the price lets say I give a minimum 7 mil if you impress me there is more in it for you.
Unless you're interested in some art we can barter.

Militant Loverboy

Elanesse
Mkay, cool. A short setting description is helpful, just to get a general feel for what I should write. And yes, Apollo is too easily associated with the sun and the lyre/poetry, and not so much with his healing/plague properties. Because of my interest in the Trojan War, I tend to recall his dominion over plague quite readily, and with appropriate terror. OTL

People not saying thanks for freebs or commissions are terrible. Also, for selling writing, even a terse 'thank you' is kind of annoying... There's like six pages of material you could comment on and you say 'cool thx' and accept trade... How do I know you even read it? mrfff

I stalked your post history and it looks like you draw mostly chibis. If that's the case, I'll stick with gold, if you don't mind. =) Chibis aren't really my thing. 7 mil sounds like a fine minimum to me!
x__Litrouke

I know, it's so infuriating. You take your time to do something for someone else and it's not worth anything to them urgh!

Ha ha, my history is a lie~ I actually prefer not drawing chibi, but they are fast and easy to colour that is why I give them out on gaia.
But since this is worth while to me I'd be offering more full scale artwork, not chibi. but if the gold is what you're after that's cool for me too (less work on my end!)

I've got sketches mostly, because my computer's hard-drive died and my external is at my fiancé's place, so not much in the way of coloured items except for those that are old(2yrs) and already on the internet.[X][x] [X][x][X][x]

Kawaii Hero

13,425 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Hi i'm interested in writing something for your God/Religion for your LARP. i usually write proses and poems. Can you give me a little direction and i can write a preview? razz
EightyHD
Hi i'm interested in writing something for your God/Religion for your LARP. i usually write proses and poems. Can you give me a little direction and i can write a preview? razz

Ooo, What sort of direction are you looking for?
Perhaps a poem about the good that will follow you if you take his words to heart?
Bump heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces