Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Generous 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
- - - -

yum_puddi I'd like some ideas to kick start my rusted-dead writing o3o
-- 5g for any piece regardless of end result length c: --
((It's simply motivation + reminder to do it, just tip my post if you like it xD))
I won't accept everything, but I will do my best to consider them all > <;;

((Please No...))
● -intense- Yaoi/Yuri/etc.
● Gore / Horror / Robots
● Fandoms unless I know of it D: (but you can try asking)

//fandoms I DON'T know //
Sherlock
Homestuck
Comic books

//fandoms I DO//
Legend of Korra & ATLA 8DD;
Harry Potter......lol

o f f e r i n g: yum_strawberry
- -Poetry
● Stream of consciousness based on a certain image/emotion/etc?
● A form preference // free verse
● Offer me characters/topic and any specifics you'd like
(Lengths vary)

- -Flash Fiction (Short short stories)
● OCs welcomed
● Tell me a style you'd like!
eg. minimalist, imagism, flowy-prettiful prose, children's story narration etcetc
(generally 100-500 words which can range up to 3 pages)

I prefer
Girl && Children main characters emotion_kirakira
3rd person POV
Fantasy or somewhat surreal/setting-less genre

If you'd like samples, I have a few rather terrible pieces via figment, may I please direct you to:
xx poetry with rhyming form (it happens to be a pantoum)
xx flash fiction (more minimalist)

Please post as much info as necessary, and stick around and chat if you don't mind, I usually like to understand the characters more c:

-------------
working on ;;
(no slot limit, done in request order or else easiest->hardest)

o1) hilo-lilo
o2) x___Litrouke
o3) brujah the thornybeauty
o4) Kotori00

finished
--

emotion_bigheart

▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Fishy Fatcat

9,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
latianna
Oh, if you're fancy with this... Can you make stories for them:
this girl and the boy with the red hair there? (another reference: here; the boy with black hair is the girl's big brother, he's pretty protective towards his sister if you want to include him ^^). They're both in church choir and rather close to each other, you know what that means emotion_bigheart The boy got out from choir due to puberty at age 14, that time the girl was 10 years old. Make a story about that? yum_puddi

Oh I forgot to give names. The girl's name was Elphira, her brother is Alpha, and the red haired boy is Sierra yum_puddi

Militant Loverboy

Aw hell, why not! I have a bunch of OCs that I use in the Harry Potter 'verse --- they're all next-gen, though. They're located in this request. Lemme sort out the timeline for you:

Alan, Patterson, and Sam are all in the same year.
Jason's one year older than them; Sparhok, McCoy, and Bryant are a few years older than them.
Elias and Castor are threeish years younger than them, and Aries is younger than that, haha.

Talthybius and elder Trombley are from back in the day, obviously. xD They're situated around the time of the books, rather than next-gen.

Aaaaaaaaaaand everyone's Slytherin except McCoy, yay! I can give you however much extra info you need --- those bios are tiny, I know. Trying not to overload artists with lots of text.

6,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Generous 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
hilo-lilo

That sounds totally adorable, I love itt ~ u ~
Could you just give me a bit more detail on their personalities?
And do you have any preference for the style it's in?

Fishy Fatcat

9,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
latianna
hilo-lilo

That sounds totally adorable, I love itt ~ u ~
Could you just give me a bit more detail on their personalities?
And do you have any preference for the style it's in?

Okaayy, yaay thankiees biggrin Hmm, nothing, any style would be accepted :3 Just keep it bashful and cheery okaay? 4laugh
Here here:
- Elphira Eyls Exelaire, 10 years old, the highly achieving little soprano who had learnt singing since she simply can make pitched regular sound. Her father introduced her to the choir, letting her join the group since a very young age. Both of her parents are rather busy, leaving her with over-protective young brother who pampered her as much as he could; but rather got denied. Her nature personality, though, is rather spoiled-brat, high tempered, and conveniently sulking. Her rather abusive and ignorant talk leads negative assumption by other choir partners.
- Sierra Bloodcrave, 14 years old benign meek teen, part of choir since 5 years old and is a part-time brother for Elphira (as if she needs more). Due to bully by other choir members, Sierra who has calm nature and rather attractive look tends to protect her, considering her as his little sister; so after his leave, the bully got rather worse. Sierra himself has little twin sister who has similar nature as Elphira. Although his age already reached 14, this technology geek is rather as naive as younger child, slow-minded, and quite insensitive.
- For extra if you need him: Alphira "Alpha" G. Exelaire, 14 years old, Elphira's older brother who takes care of all thing at home, acting as mother and father at once, rather forgetting his role as brother. Rocket scientist, gamer, and loves to cook although he won't admit so; he is simply great at everything except considering other human's feeling. Despise his insensitivity, he's kinda dislike Sierra for sensing probable relationship between him and his sister.

6,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Generous 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
x__Litrouke

What an in-depth world you have o A o So much admiration~
I've never done an HP one actually (I've read a few that made me feel there was enough talent in that area to spare), but I will study all of your characters hard > <;;
If you have some stories about them already, could I read them to see how you picture them interacting?
And it seems you write as well? I-I hope I don't disappoint you;;;

Militant Loverboy

latianna
x__Litrouke

What an in-depth world you have o A o So much admiration~
I've never done an HP one actually (I've read a few that made me feel there was enough talent in that area to spare), but I will study all of your characters hard > <;;
If you have some stories about them already, could I read them to see how you picture them interacting?
And it seems you write as well? I-I hope I don't disappoint you;;;

Yep, I do write! ^__^ And nah, freebies (or 5gs) by their nature cannot disappoint. No worries there.

I do have plenty of writing that shows them interacting, though I'll probably need to explain a few side-characters as they show up. If you can point to anyone/any group you find particularly interesting, I can find you some writing on them. :3

6,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Generous 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
x__Litrouke

Hmm, some of the younger guys then? Alan/Patterson/Sam sound like they'd make for fun stories 8D;

6,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Generous 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
hilo-lilo

Aww, an insensitive trio of children! Cuteness overload o ///// o
I will do my best, haha emotion_yatta

Fishy Fatcat

9,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
latianna
hilo-lilo

Aww, an insensitive trio of children! Cuteness overload o ///// o
I will do my best, haha emotion_yatta

Teehee, unbeatable trio rite? OuO
Great, I'll be waiting >///<

Militant Loverboy

latianna
x__Litrouke

Hmm, some of the younger guys then? Alan/Patterson/Sam sound like they'd make for fun stories 8D;

Haha, sure, though they're a bit more conflicted and dramatic than humorous, a lot of the time. I'll give you the rundown on them as concisely as I'm able, and if you're interested in any part of the explanation, feel free to ask.

So, first couple years, Alan and Sam are best best best friends and Patterson's pretty much out of the picture. (He was extremely quiet then and kept strictly to himself.) Then comes the time when girls stop having cooties and so forth: Alan took to those girls very well, going through three or four girlfriends a term. He loved/s the feeling of being in puppy love and the kick of a fresh relationship, hence the quick turnaround in relationships every time the glitter wore off. Sam, on the other hand, discovered he had a liking more for his own gender, and, understandably, developed a crush on Alan for awhile.

At some point, he gave up on that - Alan's constant chattering about all the pretty girls helped - and while Alan started spending more time with ladyfriends (and drinking friends, when he discovered alcohol), Sam hung out with Patterson some and also met an older student whom he ended up dating. In that time, Patterson got sweet on Sam, only to have him hook up with this other dude.

Then...haha, this is the part that's cheesy to explain, but I'll do my best. Then, with this all more or less settled, Alan suddenly decides he's gonna give bisexuality a trial run. Partially this resulted from the fact that he can't maintain interest in a girl, partially because he got very very sloshed and had a male/male encounter, and partially because whoknowsitsalan. Things happen, backstorybackstory, he asks Patterson to date him. Now, Patterson doesn't really like him much at all, but he sure as hell doesn't like getting rejected by Sam even more.

So, he agrees to date Alan, almost wholly to spite Sam (due to the earlier crush and blahblahblah). YEAH. Sam's boyfriend graduates, and then everything gets really funky, and at one point Patterson's kind of seeing both of them, and ... It's messy. (It should be noted that after this whole fiasco, Alan promptly decides to return to girls.)

STILL somewhere during all that, Patterson learns to tolerate Alan's presence and the three of them hang out and become friendsish. Probably the most notable times were when Sam and Patterson duped Alan into studying by claiming they were all going to go have fun...and actually they trapped him in a room and made him do his homework with them. xD Plenty of shenanigans.

Jason is worth mentioning here --- he's Patterson's closest friend and Alan's drinking buddy/lifeguard when the kid gets unruly. So he figures into a good number of their activities, though he and Sam don't really know each other well.

And now, to find some writing for you.

Militant Loverboy

Bleh bleh bleh, didn't actually come up with much that I like. But here's some snippets, mostly of Alan and Patterson.

First, Alan comes to visit Patterson in the summer. Patterson's the narrator here.

I depart at my stop, duffel tucked under my arm. In today's cosmic sense of goodness, he's walking up to my apartment at the same time I am. Maybe this has less to do with the cosmos, and more to do with his tendency to use sneakiness only as a means to produce trite romantic scenarios. It's a safe argument either way.

I call his name, and he spins around, startingly bright. He rushes over and babbles and his hands grab here rove there touch duffel find skin.

We aren't even walking. There is absolutely no need for him to hold my hand.

"I didn't think you'd actually come over..."

His laugh explodes. "I told you I would! Didn't I?" He squeezes my hand and kisses my cheek and adds my duffel to the trunk he's lugging. "I said I would, so here I am."

I'm smiling.

I don't realize until we're halfway up the stairs that I lied. I did think he would come -- some part of me, at least, was pleasantly unsurprised by his too-well-timed appearance. This realization blooms between the second and third time I ask for my bag back, when he repeats that he can carry it just fine. I yank on the duffel hard enough to stall our progress, and he follows the movement, stepping into me.

The bags drop and his hand is in the back of my hair, mouth on mine.

It's been...

What -- three weeks?

Two?

He tries to tear the air out of me with kisses. When I finally sink back against his hand and gasp for what's left, I find he's made a very thorough job of it.

"I told you I'd come," he mumbles, panting happy and unembarrassed like a great woolly dog. I can see the tail wagging back and forth in his eyes. "I wanted to see you."

"I noticed."

[and then a later snippet]

His laugh spikes up and down like an EKG. There's a pause as he tries to quiet himself, then another leap upwards, quiet down, spring!

Indefatigable, I think. That's what he is.

Christ, he couldn't pronounce that dead sober.

"So how did you get here?"

"Took a train."

I toss the empty duffel on the floor and move to a nearby table, clearing piles and organizing stacks so he'll have a place to sit.

"What did you tell your parents?"

"Oh." His guilty laugh --- guilty, in the only way Porter can be guilty, that half-assed nervousness of knowing he should feel something other than smugness at his brilliant plan. "I told them I was meeting somebody else."

"Who?"

He hesitates long enough to lick his lips, then says, "I am actually going to meet them after this. So it's not a total lie."

"Who?" I repeat pointlessly. The spaces in his speech read like Morse code: one pause means he's thinking, two pauses means he's lying, three means he won't tell me, and four pauses means he has no damn idea if there are words even capable of framing his answer.

Sometimes, I don't think there are.

He has strange thoughts.

"Just, um...just a...person."

I sigh and let an armfull of folded clothes whump to the ground. "Fine. How long are you staying?"

[and a later one]

"I like you too," Alan says. He means it, like he means all those things he says, those things I cannot - just cannot - accept as they are. It's too simple. Too straightforward. He couldn't have shown up at the same time as me by accident. He couldn't have fallen in love with me over the summer. He doesn't want me instead of Sam. (Well, he's never said that last one, so strike it from the list.)

"I mean," he continues with a short laugh, "I wrote a song for you."

"You wrote a song?"

"Yeah."

"For me?"

"...yeah. But I didn't bring my guitar," he hurries to say, "so I can't play it. Don't ask me to."

You wrote a song.

He wrote a song. Of course he wrote a song. He already drew me a picture.

"Thank you."

He makes a face and shakes his head. "You haven't heard it. Don't thank me yet. What if you don't like it?"

"I'm thanking you for effort, not quality."

With a snort, he folds his arms on the table and tells me, "You're supposed to go 'ohhh no waaay, I'll love it no matter what'."

"Again. I am not a girl."

[random reflection from patterson about alan]

Apologies annoyed him, not because Porter didn’t deserve to ingratiate himself, but because the words clanked like iron boots. They had no art or truth. Porter was the only person he knew who apologized by way of brute force, shoving sorry’s into his arms until he staggered back and had to forgive. In a way, it was brilliant.

Patterson hated the way he looked at him. He pushed “I’m sorry” forward like a raw chunk of meat, and then waited with the hunter’s cold anticipation. His eyes changed, replaced by a cunning unnatural to Porter.

[and now alan's turn to narrate. this is an artisticish drabble, so dialogue is marked by italics. obv. xD]

Maybe it’s because he’s not a girl, but I dunno. I end up saying really strange things around him, and things that are – they’re like compliments, but not, because – well sometimes they are – but often not, because, they’re not about, you know, how hot he is – which he is – or how sexy his hair looks – which it does – or that his eyes have that really ******** awesome wicked look sometimes and I really want to tackle him and sometimes I do – but usually not.

Other times, I say weird things.

Like you know Patterson, you’d make the perfect advertisement.

He tips his chin up – that’s what he does when he’s confused or thinking in general, or usually when I say one of those weird things – and asks for what.

For anything.

He blinks and I can’t really explain.

I’d buy anything you handed me.

You’re an idiot.

True, but Sam would buy anything you handed him. And he’s not stupid.

He closes his eyes and does his let’s-pretend-I’m-already-asleep-and-out-of-my-misery routine. Usually, that’s when the conversation is over, unless I start a new one. This time, he says how do you know that.

He’s my best friend.

I just know.

[okay and found this random quote from alan about sam, figured it might be useful xD very informal, not a proper piece of writing, but yeah]

13. Do you have a best friend? If so, who? What do you like about them?

YEAH. Scorpius Malfoy. =) He's awesome, obviously, or we wouldn't be best friends! Uhhh he's way too smart, but he helps me out with s**t and worries about me...which sounds like a bad thing, but it's...not. So. And he's like, a little and big brother at the same time. It's pretty cool.

6,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Generous 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
x__Litrouke

Wow, that's a lot of material o A o
I will...slowly study and digest it.....and in the end I'll feel terrible for writing something that is not worthy of the thought and heart that is between them, but I will research the hell out of it D8<
So it might take a while, but since this is the first BL/HP/guy-POV and I shall challenge myself!

Militant Loverboy

latianna
Wow, that's a lot of material o A o
I will...slowly study and digest it.....and in the end I'll feel terrible for writing something that is not worthy of the thought and heart that is between them, but I will research the hell out of it D8<
So it might take a while, but since this is the first BL/HP/guy-POV and I shall challenge myself!

Ahh, really, don't worry too much about it! xD Really, really. I've known these kids for long enough that a lot of material has piled up... This is scratching the surface, but I tried to keep it tight for your sake. (Maybe it was still too much. orz Apologies.)

And of course, take your time. <3 I don't really buy writing, since that's just an excuse not to write myself, but I'm always quietly curious as to how other people might write them... So writing freebies are a great way for me to indulge that.

Most of all, have fun! :3

6,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Generous 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
x__Litrouke

No, I'm glad you're sharing your babies with me so I can get to know them too :'D

Trueee, but I can't accept writing something without putting 100% in, and giving it to someone on top of that. I mean, if you got a horrible piece of work, that's even worse than not getting any .__.;
Although I like to see other writers recreate my characters so I can see how much of what I imagined got through. Working with other writers is a learning experience~...that and I need some form of forced practice. e A e;;

I'll try and put my own style to them, then-!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff