Interested! And I'm new :3 0.61764705882353 61.8% [ 42 ]
Interested! And hi again :3 0.088235294117647 8.8% [ 6 ]
Not interested, and I did this before 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Not interested, but I'm new. 0.044117647058824 4.4% [ 3 ]
I'll just... lurk and watch o.o 0.25 25.0% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 68 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11 >

I'd love to join, if you're still accepting entrants. biggrin

Oh, and I have a question about how far the rating can go...

4,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
I'd love to join as well.
It's my first time being in the Writing Contests forum and I thought I'd give this a try. smile

Omnipresent Prophet

10,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I'm ALWAYS accepting applicants!

And what is your question, madame?
i know there are some topics that are rather controversial, and may be too much for any contest. Would rape be one of these subjects?

Omnipresent Prophet

10,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Well that depends on the context.

If the plot proceeds from someone after the fact, that is alright. If it involves the relationship causing the rape, i.e. the boyfriend rapes her, you have to remember that this is a love contest and not about obsession. So there does actually have to be emotional investment.

That being said, in some cases, it's just too... graphic. I'll leave it to your best judgement as to what the best thing to do with that is, but I would advise you tread lightly and carefully.
Thank you! I'll do my best...it's essential to my plotline as a catalyst, so I'm so glad it's not outright discouraged. biggrin

Omnipresent Prophet

10,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
It would be idiotic of me to outlaw it entirely. The fact that Yeshaya herself was a victim of sexual assault discourages me from saying "no". Plus, the fact that we never talk about these sorts of things every day is one of the reasons why such things are allowed to exist.
I agree there. In my opinion, the "taboo" things in life are often the ones that carry the most emotion, and lends itself well to writing...that said, I'll be careful. Especially now that I know someone who has actually experienced it might be reading it.

Omnipresent Prophet

10,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I'm sorry haha. No, Yeshaya wouldn't be reading, unfortunately. She judged past contests with me. This whole series was her doing. She passed away about a year and a half ago.

EDIT:: Wow.. actually, she passed away in 5/30/10... that's just about two years. Hot damn.

ShuuAgi's Wife

Damn, it's been that long already?

I would join roleplay, but as you see, sometimes life sucks me up, and I forget to check in here... DX But I've been writing with a good, old fashoined pen and paper at work, trying to hammer out this ending...

Haave I ever told you how awesome inspirational your contests are? Because I swear, they're the only things that get me to finish a story. I wrote something for a different contest a long time ago, and I've been editing/rewriting it since, trying to make it lenghier/work out all the plot holes... Never got finished. The short stories I write for you? ALWAYS FINISHNED- ALMOST ALWAYS HAPPY WITH. I tried to re-write Masquerade for you... Then laptop... scream But sokay. Yus. JOO INSPIRE ME heart

Omnipresent Prophet

10,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Yeah. It's been that long already. I didn't think it had been. Which is...shocking, frankly.

And haha. Why thank you. I'm glad I have that impact on you. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy x3
A post so I can find this again. Sounds interesting!

Omnipresent Prophet

10,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Hurrah! This is WAY more people interested than I had last attempt. I'm happy.

Lacyx's Pardner

Dapper Phantom

I'd really like to enter this 4laugh running my own contest has been making me itch to write.

PS: I think I love you. I'm not sure if I'll write about them, but I love tieflings. So much.

If I can get away with playing a tiefling in campaigns, I do. Always and forever.
blaugh

Sign me up! <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas