Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
hahahaha

Hello to you, too, Sqarr
The Eisner winners were announced. Nate Simpson got the Russ Manning Most Promising Newcomer Award for Nonplayer, which I flatted eleven pages of. Moebius got the first copy:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Warner Brothers bought the rights to make a Nonplayer movie!

Quote:
Warner Bros. has acquired feature film rights to Nate Simpson's comicbook "Nonplayer" from publisher Image Comics and has set up the potential tentpole project with producers Roy Lee ("The Ring" wink and David Heyman (the "Harry Potter" series).

"Nonplayer" is a sci-fi/fantasy story about Dana Stevens, a brilliant young woman who retreats from the dismal workaday world of the future into the digital fantasy realm of Jarvath, where she's a fearless warrior.

First of six issues went on sale in April.

Prior to "Nonplayer," Simpson worked as a videogame concept artist.

Heyman most recently produced WB's "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2," which has grossed more than $1 billion worldwide since opening last month. He's in production on Alfonso Cuaron's Sandra Bullock starrer "Gravity," which WB recently skedded for release on Nov. 21, 2012.

Lee recently produced Lionsgate's upcoming Taylor Lautner thriller "Abduction" and served as an exec producer on CBS Films' Daniel Radcliffe starrer "The Woman in Black." He's developing a remake of the South Korean classic "Oldboy" for Mandate Pictures.

Not a guaranty that a movie will actually get made. Dimension bought the rights to Locke & Key, another book I worked on, but never made it.

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I actually have Locke & Key #1 next to me right now. You worked on that? SO AWESOME. I just told Jer and his mind was blown. =P
Yeah, I did the first three volumes and part of the fourth.

I uploaded one of the pages I did here.

So you can compare it to what it looks like in print, after Jay coloured over my flats.

A lot of my colour choices are actually visible throughout volume 1.
Hmmmmm. Bump.
Sticky threads don't need bumping.

Blessed Believer

hello =3 I got engaged ^^
Hello! Congratulations! blaugh

What's the details?
News, news! Congratulations, Sailor! blaugh heart blaugh heart blaugh heart blaugh heart

I have news, too: I now have a full time job, working as a legal assistant at a small personal injury law firm. It's kind of awesome to be part of the process of getting something back for people who have been really pretty screwed over.

So, I have income now, but much less time of my own. Just because I don't stop by here for months at a time doesn't mean I don't love you guys; it just means that I'm really busy, and happier for it.

Love you guys, and I'll see you the next time I come on through, whether that's next week or next year...

heart heart heart
K
!!! heart heart heart

Blessed Believer

Sqarr
Hello! Congratulations! blaugh

What's the details?
thank you =) We are planning on getting married on Feb 25th. His name is Noah and he is crazy and fun and we share interests and beliefs. lot's of happy =3
and I just got a wedding dress! then my mom accidentally shut the trunk lid on it and made a little hole =S so hopefully it will be ok.

and how have you been? and Mahayr?

way to go on the job, Kiria!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas