Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Mahayr
REVAMPING and we will have a grand re-opening soon, please check back for news, information, and celebration.

Welcome to the Writers Workshop
and
Contest Charity Foundation

[ Headquarters ]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You are visiting the Main Headquarters Thread.

Please see POST TWO (2) for all Foundation, Guild, Special Events, and Charity
information, including the Colosseum.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Your Hosts - Sqarr & Mahayr

[ Foundation Staff ]

S`qarr - Owner - Admiral
Mahayr - Partner / Hostess - First Mate
Adimurti - Partner - Captain
Vacant - Personal & Confidential Secretary - Maintenance Administrator
GrantOrg - The Original - Torch Bearer
Major Domo - Foundation / Treasury Agent - Boatswain
Torches Of Nero - Colosseum Agent - Midshipman

[ Foundation | News | & | Announcements ]

Please see POST TWO (2) for all Foundation, Guild, Special Events, and Charity
information, including the Colosseum.

PLEASE NOTE! Our commitement to support and assist with other Writing Contests may be scrutinized in the section made available for others to apply for a Grant - POST THREE in THE WW&CCF CHARITY THREAD.

--Anyone interested in helping us with formal judging and decisions, please PM either Sqarr or myself.

[ Workshop | Mission ]

--This Writers Workshop exists to provide a venue for young writers to learn, practice, and compete while being given the benefit of honest feedback on their works and the opportunity to give back to this community through submissions and reciprocated peer reviews.

--Through this Workshop environment we hope to encourage community growth and development under an atmosphere of good will. With any luck, this should have a positive impact on Gaia as a whole.

--While Gaia is already rife with members more than willing to help their fellow Gaians, we believe that one can never have too many helping hands.
--Most of all, though, we do this because we hope to enjoy ourselves teaching and learning something we love.

[ Frequently Asked Questions ]

Q: Who is my daddy?

A: We are.

Q: I've written my submission for the current Prose contest and am ready to post it, but I have to submit a Peer Review first. Whose submissions should I review?

A: Peer reviews are only required for our Prose contests. Each entrant will review the submission directly before theirs. The first entrant will review the last submission.

Poetry entrant peer reviews are optional and may be done in any order, by anyone (including non-participants). Such peer reviews are highly recommended.

We suggest that if you are in doubt of the quality of your poem, or would like to receive excellent criques before submitting, you visit the OP/L sub-forum.

Q: What are "Honourable Mentions" and why would someone be given one?

A: This is what we will be giving people who stand out from the crowd in terms of participation; people who take advice well, work hard, offer help, and generally go above and beyond what is expected of participants in our little corner of Gaia. Depending on Staff mood, the recipient may receive Gold or maybe even a choice of inventory items.

Q: How many posts are in the Old HQ thread?

A: 1250. Add this number when calculating current post counts, if it ever becomes relevent to anything... and it may!

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Well... do we?!?!?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.-----User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.-----User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[ Editorials | Reports ]

[ Memorable | Workshop | Quotes ]

"We live in a society [...] that is enforced by yellow tape." - Edge of the World [Original Version] - pingpong867

User Image

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.-----User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.-----User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[ This Just In... ]

No news is good news!

Quote:
1. Postcards, stamps, real handwrtten notes!
You may also just post in the where! Messages, pictures, greetings.

THE POSTCARD CLUB!!!

2. Need a Grant for a contest
you do not have enough gold or prizes to sponsor alone?
Apply for one from the
WW&CCF Foundation stickied in the WC forum.

3. Get to know your fellows. Chat, discuss, joke, and stay informed in the
FOUNDATION HEADQUARTERS WHERE

Kindest regards always...

Mahayr
WW&CCF

[ Foundation Staff ]

S`qarr - Owner - Admiral
Mahayr - Partner / Hostess - First Mate
Adimurti - Partner - Captain
Vacant - Personal & Confidential Secretary - Maintenance Administrator
GrantOrg - The Original - Torch Bearer
Major Domo - Foundation / Treasury Agent - Boatswain
Torches Of Nero - Colosseum Agent - Midshipman

And of course, do join our Guild, The Pillar of Worlds.

If you would links to any of our completed Contests, please message Mahayr.

Hello All, I'm Nolah and I've been on Gaia for nearly two years. I'm a Writing Contest Forum Regular, avid RPer, lostaholic, history obsessed, music loving, goofy all-around dork. I'm a lot of other things that I'm sure you don't want to hear about, like being obsessed with Dir en Grey wink

I write all sorts of things, fanfiction, non-fiction, fiction and most genres, although I tend to shy away from science-fiction. For some reason it just isn't me.

Having always admired the WW&CCF I was very honored when Mahayr asked me if I'd like to be staff so obviously I jumped at the chance. My job, for the time being is just keeping tabs on things and helping out whenever it's needed.
Don't worry, I'll try to make this more interesting later

>.> <.< *claims a spot on the first page and tries to blend in pretending he is staff* >.> Oh and my thanks MM.
I'm on the first page! Yay!

Too Orange Are Desks! (No. 1)

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Thank me for what, ranjir?

Heh!

Too Orange Are Desks! (No. 1) ??
Mahayr
Thank me for what, ranjir?

Heh!

Too Orange Are Desks! (No. 1) ??

Everything.. your support... your love... being you. *smiles and offers her a large hug and a stick of almond pocky* (Pocky being Legalized Crack!) hehehehe! At least that is what we say at the Game shop! Oh and do I need to check Ranjir's account? Or did I not get stuff for Honorable mention in the last poetry contest? *ponders his last entry that he wanted to submit* Erk...

You know it is partially YOUR fault that I got in my car accident... well very indirectly but still! If I hadn't wanted to change it and make my poetry better for you... >.> LOL. Don't feel bad. It is really all my fault. I am just playing the blame game. I mean none of it. Just ignore it and play along in good fun blaming me for stuff that I could not possibly have really influenced.

Dedicated Raider

Goodness I don't think I have ever seen you say so much at one time... at least not in a while!

I will get back to you... hahaha.
::pops in:: Hello all. ::waves:
User Image

The Ordinary Antelopes Died

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items