11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Madame Mortem
            The House of Myth

2:15 AM. Again.

"Oi..."

I tossed myself back in my chair, back landing against the backrest, and head falling back, mouth forced agape as the skin of my neck tugged my lower jaw down. There I would sit, eyes held shut and mouth open as if I'd just gotten shot in the forehead. My room was pitch black, as per usual. The only light source was the bright white, blue tinted glow that illuminated the small back right corner of my room. My mouse glowed as well, the wheel and the three snakes design on the palm of it, but in comparison to the Asus laptop I used, it paled greatly. Hovering over the black mouse was my lamp which was attached to the side of my grungy, white, hand-me-down desk. It was off though for I didn't want its yellow wash to be possibly seen through the crack of my door, which was behind me by a few feet. I was sure that no one was up as my family was usually in bed by eight or nine. I was usually in bed by ten but I'd been pushing bedtime as of late, if simply due to a lack in the ability to find sleep. But an eighteen year old should be able to do mostly what she wants right? Somewhat.

I wasn't like other kids my age though, who could stay up all day and night, seemingly without repercussions. While my body would kick itself into hyper-drive, should I remain awake all through the night, I would eventually tucker out, typically by the second to last period of a school day. Or by noon on the weekends. However, a heavy supply of caffeinated sodas have kept me awake for the most part. Can you believe that I still only weigh in at one hundred eleven point eight pounds? A little pudgy in the front but nothing exactly noticeable. 'Lest I were to yank my shirt up in public and show that little roll off. Which I have done. Around friends that is. Where I live, there is no such thing as privacy. Anyway... this was perhaps my third night so far of staying up late? Yeah, the third. It wasn't really showing just yet. A few small purple hues under my brown and green flecked eyes but they often disappeared. Not behind makeup, I don't like makeup. It makes me feel gross and greasy. But they usually just disappeared through natural means of my body I suppose. I'm sure that if I were to continue these late night adventures, they'd stop disappearing in time.

I didn't do much in the night, other than just sit in front of my laptop all night and play WoW. Eventually I was going to have either eye problems, or back problems. Maybe even butt problems. Or maybe all three at once? That'd be awful. I knew how back problems were, thanks to my mom of whom was already struggling with them, and I would greatly love to keep my perfect eyesight. I also had to sit down for a lot of things, so I think I'd prefer to keep something from happening to my bum. Maybe it was time to go to bed. My legs were starting to hurt from remaining in their bent position for hours on end without being stretched and I was getting cold. Not because my room was cold but simply because my blood was beginning to slow in my veins, thus bringing about this state of drowsiness. Maybe that was what kept me awake for a majority of the day? The fact that my blood was moving. Yes that had to be it. It only made sense on a scientific level. Even if science is not my forte. Well... it was more than math, I can assure you of that. But anyway, off to bed it was.

Leaning forward, I rubbed lightly at my eyes and began to go about the usual routine of getting ready for bed. Unplugging my mouse from the computer, the annoying blue glow that it emitted died. Then I turned the volume on my speakers all the way to the left until there was a click and the little blue light flicked off. After that, I closed out of all my windows and shut the laptop, leaving it on as I always did. There was still a light emitted from it though but my current concern was getting undressed. I'd take care of that whitish light afterwards. Flicking on my desk lamp, I turned away from the light and leaned back into my little office chair. I wanted something bigger, better, and softer but the office chair would suffice. Even if it did do a number on my butt. Stretching out my legs and arms with a small yawn, I leaned forward and let my apparently small hands settle over the black DCs that I wore. They had the DC logo on opposing sides, depicted in a plaid hot pink. I used to hate the color pink and any version of it. But that was until I realized just how ridiculous I was being and got over myself. I quite liked the color pink now. Especially when paired with black as such a dark color practically enhanced it. But it had to be a certain shade of pink. Soft pinks didn't go so well with black, not like hot pink.

As I started to tug off the chunky DCs, of which were only worn for weather purpose as I was one to get cranky if my feet or socks were soaked by water or snow, a sudden, faint plink sounded throughout my dim room. I paused, remaining leaned over my lap with my hands down by my feet. Gazing silently about, I searched for anything that may have fallen, or shifted, anything that could have caused that faint little sound. And naturally, my mind too began off on its wild search to find a solution to the sound. I may have had reasonably scientific thoughts at times, but that's not to say that I always did. Eighteen or no, I was still a child inside. The most immediate thing that came to my mind, in all and complete honesty, was fairies. As ridiculous as that seemed, yes I liked to believe in them. Of course I didn't let this get in the way of my human life but underneath and at home I loved to believe in all the mythical beings and subjects that my mind had been filled with when I was a kid. Searching through room though, nothing was out of place. Not even the many decorative knick knacks that I collected around my glass and wood display table, of which sat beneath the LCD TV that hung on my wall across from my bed, which was just beside me at the moment. Or the foot of it anyway.

If nothing had been moved, or fallen, what made that sound? Maybe I was just hearing things. My mind did so love to play tricks on me when I was tired. Perhaps it was that. I decided to ignore it then, and returned my attention to the matter of my shoes. But as I did so and managed to reveal the heel of my right foot, the sound penetrated the silence of my room once more! My head shot up and my eyes darted madly around the small room, looking frantically for the source. I hated it when there were noises that I couldn't explain. It used to be that I was made scared by them and I still was in a way to be honest, but I'd become more angered by this instead over the years. I'd somehow managed to give myself a protective, almost territorial outlook on my house, friends, and family. Therefore, I would grow angry, or irritable if that which was mine was tampered with by those I didn't deem as family or friend. I scowled hard before shoving my foot back into my shoe and standing up. My hand moved to the extension of my desk, a small extra attached shelf with a little cubby underneath, the back having been cut out for the purpose of traveling wires. My searching fingers quickly came upon what I wanted. A massive Taser that was encased in a small leather holster. The Velcro that held it shut protested as I pulled it open and removed my weapon.

The item was almost as big as my forearm, and I stood at five one. The grip took up my entire palm. reading across the weapon in big, bold, yellow letters was the voltage it was capable of producing. Seven hundred seventy-five thousand pure volts of electricity. I wasn't sure how much that was but the number sounded big and I'd read the manual on where to specifically hit. I'd never actually used the thing before and really didn't want to. My mom had tested the little one that was meant for the car and the powerful crackling noise it emitted managed a surprised scream from me. I could only imagine what the one I now held would sound like. Slowly, my heart rate began to quicken as adrenaline was slowly pumped from the adrenaline glands of my body. I was sure that there was no one around... after all, no one could get into the house without setting off the alarm but still. I could never be too careful. Humans were clever when they wanted to be. Under normal circumstances, I would go screaming and stomping through my house and while there was the possibility of being shot should there ever be a trespasser within, I took that chance. Not many intruders would expect people to come screaming through the halls and shouting that they were going to kill them and random things like that. Or so I assumed. Plus the screaming forced my blood to come further to life, therefore loosening my body and getting my adrenaline moving. But these weren't normal circumstances. Everyone was in the house and asleep and I wasn't supposed to be awake. I didn't want to wake anyone.

So I remained there before my little office chair, carefully listening to the house, a frown marking my pixie face. Somewhat pixie like actually... my nose wasn't turned up and my lips weren't very full. Not that I cared. Personal image meant little in my book. Soon the sound shattered through the silence a third time and I managed to pinpoint where exactly it was coming from. My window. I stepped forward once and turned to the dark red curtain covered window. Avoiding the gaming chair that sat in front of it, as well as the Holmes fan that sat just under it and pinned the curtains to the wall, I carefully peered through them. The neighborhood outside was dark, naturally, but the street light across the road from my house gave me enough light to see. Maybe not small things, but still. The old man's house across from me was black, suggesting that he and his wife were asleep. The road was fairly silent at this time, not many cars moving through the neighborhood. On occasion there was one or two, which would confuse me, but that was normal. Finally my eyes landed over a figure that stood just at the edge of my yard, staring up at me through the window. I blinked and few times, jumping back with a quiet gasp of surprise. But then, after having time to think, I realized who was standing outside. A good, dear friend of mine, of whom was going to be later throttled for this.

I scowled lightly and put away the Taser, wanting to use it anyway. It was Titus. He was around the same age as me, if a year younger and went to the same school as me. We even had a few classes together. He was funny and kind of cute, but as many, I saw him more as a little brother more than anything. Even if he was taller than me. Titus was weird though... which is why I wasn't confused by him being up at such an hour. What did confuse me was what he could possibly being throwing pebbles at my window for. This wasn't a Romeo and Juliet story. if anything, my life would be a P!nk music video. I moved across my room and snatched my phone from its charger before bringing up a texting window.

'Why are you bugging me?' I demanded from him.

There was a small moment of delay before he responded, 'I have to show you something. It's awesome.'

Everything was awesome to him. But what was awesome at the pitch blackness of two in the morning? I knew he wouldn't leave unless I accompanied him to whatever this awesome thing was so, with a heavy sigh, I texted him back, saying I'd be right there. Then I tucked my phone into my back pocket and grabbed the woman's varsity Batman jacket, equipped with ears on the hood, that rested on the post of my bed. The coat was quickly adjusted around my favorite shirt, a comfortable, soft, light gray V-neck, and the hood was yanked up. Then I made my way from my room, carefully easing down the steps, and into the kitchen. A hall on my immediate right which would lead to my mom's bedroom, and the pantry. But upon the wall opposing the pantry was a small white device that glowed red at the moment. I moved forward and flicked the cover open before tapping in the password, the buttons beeping with each touch and making me cringe. Then the alarm beeped twice in a rapid succession and the little red light flicked from red to green. After that, I pushed down the AWAY button. A slow succession of beeps began after that and I turned and darted through the living room and to the door. Quickly unlocking it and leaping outside after locking the doorknob, I made it into the clear before the alarm could go off. I gently closed the screen door afterwards then turned to face Titus who stood on the edge of the yard even still. I frowned softly at him and ran my fingers lightly through the bangs of my dark brown lazyhawk before moving down the steps and through the yard.

"Titus, it's two AM. Why are you dragging me out here?" I hissed lightly at him, pausing before him and looking up at the young man who towered over me like a sky scraper. He was six five so it wasn't unexpected.

The male was a grungy looking thing. He had long gangly limbs and short, messy hair. Short as in, it was neatly cut around his large, goofy ears, stopped at the middle of the back of his neck in a duck tail, and the bangs... well they were almost non-existent. His short black locks were always spiky seeming, just because he never brushed them and most likely put a spiking product into them. His face was a bit gaunt with a set of massive, brownish gold -almost yellow- eyes, and a big, crooked, goofy smile. Titus's k9s were so sharp that you would swear that he was wearing a pair of those Halloween vampire fangs. But those were his actual teeth, though he claimed to have gotten them sharpened. He wore a short sleeved, reddish orange shirt with a black long sleeved shirt underneath, the sleeves often creeping over his large, spindly hands. His jeans were always ragged and torn in many places, washed out and stained by various things. And then there were his shoes which were but a simple pair of black and white classic converse. He didn't wear much in the line of accessories save for perhaps a wallet chain that lead from a belt loop to one of his back pockets. But that was usually about it.

Titus just looked down at me and smiled all big, like he usually did, "I'll never get over those cute little Batman ears." He giggled. Yes giggled. Or... manly giggled as Titus and his male friends so enjoyed saying. Of course it was me that started that as I watch too much Youtube junk.

I smirked groggily and rubbed at an eye again, my left hand trapped in my jacket pocket, "Bahmon. And don't change the subject. What do you want?" I pressed again.

Titus's smile got bigger and for a second I could have sworn his face was going to split in two, open wide, and reveal a massive set of shark like teeth. What'd I tell you? Creative imagination.... The young man's hand suddenly wrapped itself around my wrist and he drew me out into the road before dashing down it, me in tow. I struggled to keep up, his legs much longer than mine and therefore allowing him to take much larger, dashing steps.

"Titus! Slow down! I'm short remember!? And this doesn't answer where you're taking me!" I called to him, keeping my voice down so as not to wake neighbors.

"Relax, Simster! You'll see!" He replied, grinning back at me over his shoulder.

I didn't like this. I didn't like being out so late, being dragged away from the safety of my home by this little weirdo... giant weirdo, and off to a place that he refused to tell me. Anxiety and discomfort bubbled inside of me. I wanted to go home... but I wanted to see what Titus was so excited about. I'd be okay... if he tried anything all I had to do was slam the side of my foot into the side of his knee and run. Yes, he was my friend, but that didn't mean I'd let him get away with hurting me. I was sure Titus wouldn't... but as said. He was weird. I've met and dealt with plenty of weird kids... some that screamed rapist, and some that were just so socially awkward that I wanted to punch them. But Titus was a different kind of weird and I was just starting to get used to this weird. It was that sort of weird that made you wonder if the kid wasn't just adventurous, or psychotic and leading you to your death. An unsettling feeling because you never could get it under your feet. Like an undulating bridge during an earthquake.

Titus drug me all through the neighborhood and soon lead me out from it, my eyes constantly looking over my shoulder to the orange dots that were the street lights as they grew smaller and smaller. I tried to remember where we were going, which roads were taken and what turns were made. Just in case I had to get back on foot alone. But it was hard to see in this dark, not to mention the fog that was starting to slowly set in, barely visible in the dark though. I could call the police but I was having a hard time finding out just where it was that I was going.

"Titus-!" I called but he answered immediately.

"We're almost there!" He seemed confident enough in where we were going, that grin still plastered on his face.

Soon enough we arrived at the edge of a forest. I could see better now because of a strange... aged looking lantern that was hanging from one of the tall branches of the massive, spindly trees that twisted and wound their way up to the dark, lightly orange tinged sky. There was a thick white misty fog that was crawling around the bottoms of these huge naked trees, as well as mine and Titus's feet. Crickets chirped and sang inside the darkening forest, owls hooting softly from somewhere within the trees. I could hear small animals moving about somewhere, their steps crunching in the leaf litter that collected on the ground. Talk about freaky. And the lantern!? Could that add any more of an eerie air to this little nighttime adventure? It looked like one of those really old fashioned Victorian aged lanterns, lit by a thick wick that was dipped in oil on the underside. While I got a nostalgic feeling from such a beautifully made lantern, I also got chills down my spine from the setting that it was added to. It was funny because I much loved settings like this one right before me in books and movies but oh how it was different when faced with it in real life.

"Titus, I swear to God, if I die, I'm tormenting you for the rest of your life." I threatened, holding my hands to my chest, legs pressed together as my brown eyed gaze stared off into the forest.

Titus only chuckled at me as he retrieved the lantern from the tree, which was at the perfect height for him. "Don't worry so hard, Simi. You'll be okay. I'm here, after all. I'll protect you." He assured, though there was a hint of a playful tone in his voice.

I mumbled lightly to myself, not entirely amused and faking a smile more or less. He was sweet at least. I think. Soon, Titus began to trudge onward into the forest, not grabbing my wrist this time. I stood on the edge of the forest for a long, uneasy while, trying to decide whether I wanted to follow him or not. Titus slowed and glanced over his shoulder to me.

"Comin'?" He asked lightly.

I supposed I was given that his presence provided me with some sense of comfort. Even if that comfort was minimalized by the fact that it was him who dragged me out here. I skittered forward, the dead leaves fluttering up around my feet as I quickly moved to him. Even if it was Titus who dragged me out here, his human presence was comforting for if I was alone I'd probably be struggling to get even one step out of myself.

"Remember how you said that your mom would tell you stories about when you were little? How you weren't really afraid of anything?" He asked, looking over at me as I moved alongside him, glancing warily about over and over again.

"Erm, which ones? The spiders? The monsters under the bed? Or...?" I asked, voice quivering a bit because of the chill of night that was crawling up my legs and arms like a bunch of creepy little bugs. The thought earned a shudder.

I was scared of spiders... almost deathly so. I loved to study them from books and pictures, but dear Lord if there was one near me there was such an assortment of reactions that could come hurtling out of me. If it was a small spider, I usually reacted by killing it, immediately. If it was a big spider... well I could often be found half way across the room having a break down almost. However, it turned out that when I was younger, I used to chase spiders down and repeatedly poke their backs, fascinated by their fur. My mom was the one shouting for me to get away from them and that they were poisonous. Or possibly so. She also used to play with me by claiming that there were monsters under my bed. The first time she told me that, I was little, and I apparently tried to crawl under the bed after them. I must've been pretty fearless when I was little and oh how I wished I could be like that again. The most scary thing that I remember from when I was little was the imaginary vortex that would appear in my room at night after I returned from the bathroom. It always sucked up my bed and I was always scared it would get me too. In reality though, I would just always fall short of the bed, thinking it missing. Remembering that was always funny. I was a weird little kid. At age five, I wanted to be a mermaid, not realizing just how evil mermaids actually were, and at seven, I wanted to grow up to be a dragon. Oh the dragon obsession never died. Not even now at eighteen.

Titus's chuckle brought me back around from my thoughts, "All of them. Y'know, that's not normal right? Most little ones are terrified of the monster under their beds and in their closets. A child's imagination is so creative that they create the scariest monsters of them all, thus utterly terrifying themselves." He spoke, my eyes moving to him, a brow arching lightly.

Who was this guy and what did he do with Titus? Titus didn't normally speak on such a... psychological level. Those most I usually heard coming out of his mouth was imitations of Big Ed from Ed, Edd, n' Eddy.

"Well... yeah, I know that's not normal, but I'm not a normal person, or haven't you noticed? Female, hates makeup and has never worn it save for very... very... very special occasions. Willing chops all her hair off if only to end in a mohawk. Dresses like a guy until eighteen..." I spoke.

Titus smiled and nodded lightly, "Yeah. But have you ever given up on the thought that there might be other things living with you?" He asked.

I frowned softly, my eyes searching the forest again. Nothing but slumbering trees and fog so far. The snap of twigs though would spook me as they were unexpected. "Not really." Came my simple reply.

Titus nodded lightly, "We're here!" He suddenly said, earning my most immediate attention.

My head whirled on my neck as I quickly look to where he motioned with an open hand. It was a massive, decrepit, dilapidated mansion, that like the lantern, appeared as if it were from the Victorian era. It was beautiful, despite the rotting wood, partially collapsed roof, a few smashed in windows, and peeling and chipping paint. Well, in this dark eerie setting, the only light being that of a spooky lantern, it was actually pretty freaky. But I was sure that in the light of day it was much better looking. I stared at the large building in awe before forcing my eyes to Titus.

"Titus, it's beautiful! How'd you find it!?" I asked curiously.

The boy smiled and shrugged at me before taking a few steps onward toward the house, his gaze on the forest floor before it flicked to me, "Oh y'know..." He murmured lightly.

Suddenly, a sense of dread began crawling through me as he drew closer to the massive building. A certain sense of foreboding and unease. Did he want me to actually follow him inside? He just dragged me all across Timbuktu! And now we were going in there!?

"Simi! C'mon! You gotta see the inside!" Titus's voice cut through the chilly, foggy night air.

Apparently so. I sighed heavily, my breath leaving me in a plume of white smoke. Or what looked like smoke. I scampered after Titus soon after, a small snap of a twig behind me startling me forward. Reaching his side though, I glanced briefly over my shoulder, swearing to God that I'd felt someone staring at me. In fact, not just that... it had almost looked like I'd seen a body move by. But the form, whatever it was, was shrouded in the darkness of the night. But Titus soon put an arm around my shoulders, pulling me against himself as he continued toward the building, an eager look on his face.

"Titus, I swear I just saw someone." I whispered, wanting to look over my shoulder again.

But he shook his head, "Nah, you're just seeing things. You have been staying up longer than usual, remember?" He asked, looking down at him.

That was right... maybe I was just seeing things. But what about all those strange questions? What was up with those? Asking me about the fantasy creatures and people that I so adored. This was so weird. Maybe I should have turned around and went back home, dark and alone or not. But I suppose we all make mistakes like that. Soon, he and I were making our way up three cracked, and worn steps onto the front porch of the old building. The doors were double doors and made purely of wood with pretty little glass handles that were encased in a dark brown decorative metal. Titus stopped before the door and rose the hand that had been around my shoulders. I watched him curiously, a confused expression on my face. What was he doing? My question was answered as nine hollow knocks seemed to echo through the very foundation of the building. They were heavy and booming; One, two, three... one, two, three... one, two, three.

"Titus, why are you knocking?" I asked, frowning at him in confusion. But my friend gave me no response and was still grinning from ear to ear with the lantern held more near his side.

Suddenly, my head shot to the window on the side of the door, just over the banister that surrounded the porch. A light had flicked on inside the building. But how!? This place was so clearly abandoned!! For well over more than... a lot of years!! Then, one by one, more lights began to flicker on, visible through the many mangled windows, some broken, some boarded up, others bearing ragged, colorless, and shredded curtains that billowed lightly in and out of them.

"Titus!?" I yelped, grabbing his arm and digging my blunt, bitten down nails into him.

Then the door clicked and screamed as it slowly opened, a yellow light crawling over me and the boy. My head snapped to the doorway, eyes growing huge and round. The door finally stopped, fully open and revealing a man who was almost taller than Titus. How that was possible, I will never know but at the time, I didn't care. I was shocked that there were people in this glorious, abandoned -or so I'd thought- building! The man was slender and spider like and he wore a suit that fit the house and the lantern, a top hat topping his head with raggedy black strands of hair spilling out from underneath it. A monocle covered one of his ruby like red eyes which were held but half way open. His kin was as pale as snow, making me want to think that he was albino. A wicked, though pleasant smile crossed his thin gray lips, revealing a set of pearly whites, sided by a set of fangs that were even bigger than Titus's. In one hand he held a wine glass which was filled with a thick, red liquid, of which I refused to guess what it was, and in the other hand, his palm rested atop the silvery top of his cane, which was in the shape of a bat with its wings outstretched. I stood frozen, mouth agape and eyes as big as they could get without popping out of my head. No words would come out, my breathing shallow enough as it was, and limbs quivering ever so faintly. I must've been as pale as him by now.

"Ahh! Good evening, Titus! So good to see you again!" The man mused happily at the sight of the boy.

Titus bowed deeply before the strange man, "A pleasure to see you as well, Mr. Cornelius!" He replied, standing to his full height once more, still grinning.

This Mr. Cornelius's gaze then turned upon me, his pleasant smile still there as his gaze became inquisitive, "And who, pray tell, is this handsome young woman?" He asked, leaning out from the door way and down to my level, his gaze piercing through my own.

I couldn't stop staring, that was until a strange crinkling sound reached my ears, like paper being lightly crumpled. Blinking faintly, my head twitched lightly to the side before I managed to drag my gaze from the man at to Titus. A gasp finally shot down my throat and filled my longs as I staggered to the side. Titus stood beside me, his eyes slowly being fully overthrown by their yellow color while his skin seemed to peel and tear away from his body, revealing marble white skin much like Mr. Cornelius's. His fingers grew sharp and pointed, teeth joining his fangs in their sharpness.

"This is Simi." He announced simply.

Mr. Cornelius suddenly leaned up and looked at me with wide, round eyes before switching his gaze repeatedly from me to Titus. "Simi? Is she really--?" He asked, leaning to Titus and pointing lightly at me with a gloved finger.

Titus nodded proudly it seemed before Cornelius suddenly whirled about on his heel and marched into the house, beckoning both me and Titus inside. "Ladies and ghouls! She has returned to us! Our mistress is home!!" He called into the house.

Titus pushed me inside, more or less, and the door slammed shut behind us. I whimpered, resisting Titus and pushing back against him, feet stubbornly refusing to move as he walked me inside. When Cornelius had announced my arrival, I think, the many doors of the old decrepit mansion flew open, giving birth to many men and women, all of different sizes and appearances. They chattered excitedly amongst themselves as they descended the wrapping stairs that moved down into the foyer of the mansion, emerging from halls under the stairs as well on the sides of the sitars. Even children presented themselves and excitedly danced down the stairs and scampered out of the halls. Strangely enough, the inside of the mansion wasn't anything like the outside. In fact, on the inside it appeared to be in perfect condition! The paint was even and beautifully applied, the stairs all perfect with a red and gold trimmed rug trailing up them and down the aisles, not a single rip present in it, the chandelier overhead in perfect condition... it was like another dimension altogether in this place!

The excited people surrounded me quickly, speaking excitedly as some touched at my clothes and hair, gently feeling my arms and looking at my skin. Generally inspecting every inch of me it seemed. I grit my teeth and brushed away hands before staggering back and away.

"Stop! Stop! I don't know who you people are! I have no idea what you're talking about!! Stop!! Leave me alone!!" I yelled, soon falling back against a wall and sliding down it onto my backside, my hands covering my head and eyes squeezed shut.

I could still hear them speaking and chattering with such excitement, footsteps drawing nearer and nearer as they did! "No!! Leave me alone, I said! I just want to go home! No!" Screaming at them was doing no good and in fact, was doing more worse than good.

The sounds around me soon began to fade away, become further and further as if the many people were moving back and away from me. But then I realized my vision was darkening as well, blurring and swaying greatly as darkness circled in around me. Then, before I knew it, I heard a faint thump and then silence. The whole world seemed to just... fade away.

"No!! Get away! I-"

I fell quiet after having shot up from laying on my back, to leaning on my elbows. Frantic breaths escaped my lips as a cold sweat drenched my skin, my heart racing in my chest. My eyes darted to and fro, finding that I was no longer within the confines of some strange, once thought to be abandoned, mansion. In fact, I was in my room, lying in bed, the morning sunlight peering through the dark curtains at me, as if checking to see that I was okay. I flopped back down against the mattress, taking a moment to breathe and recollect myself from that crazed nightmare. That's all it was... a nightmare. One hell of a nightmare... but just a nightmare. It'd felt so real though. Maybe that was why I was reacting so badly to it though. I was safe. At home in bed, having never left home and was probably just having such a weird dream thanks to my refusal to sleep. Yeah, that was it.

"You alright?"

My eyes shot open and I jerked up onto my elbows, my eyes landing upon Titus who sat in my computer chair at the foot of by bed, his eyes watching me curiously. I stared at Titus for a long... long time, waiting for something. Waiting for his eyes to change colors, for his teeth to sharpen, or for his skin to peel away. But nothing happened. He just stared quietly back at me, glancing lightly around every now and then. A relieved laugh left me as I dropped back down onto my bed, laughing breathlessly. But I hadn't noticed as Titus merely grinned... revealing a set of sharp... shark-like teeth.

May I ask that you format this in regular size. I don't like small text smile
I will update your entry on the front page shortly.

Toxic Hellhound

11,500 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
            Sorry 'bout that. Fixed it~ So used to having small text for more... public things.

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Queen Bombshelle
The Solarised Night
Queen Bombshelle
I used to have one but my friend stole it. neutral
It was amazing.
And yes, we look very fahncy.

was the 'h' meant to be in there? wink

Yes, for extra fancy.

Of course razz

Tipsy Autobiographer

The Solarised Night
Queen Bombshelle
The Solarised Night
Queen Bombshelle
I used to have one but my friend stole it. neutral
It was amazing.
And yes, we look very fahncy.

was the 'h' meant to be in there? wink

Yes, for extra fancy.

Of course razz

Can't leave home without a few extra 'h's in the event of needing some extra fancy.

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Madame Mortem
            Sorry 'bout that. Fixed it~ So used to having small text for more... public things.

No worries. I am currently over a metre away from the computer screen so I couldn't read it a all. I wont be that far away when reading for judging, but I thought I better ask anyway.

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Queen Bombshelle

Can't leave home without a few extra 'h's in the event of needing some extra fancy.

*raises the pinky finger*

Toxic Hellhound

11,500 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
            'Tis perfectly understandable, my sister does the same thing.

Tipsy Autobiographer

The Solarised Night
Queen Bombshelle

I apparently eat like that without noticing. I was pleased when my friend told me.

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Madame Mortem
            'Tis perfectly understandable, my sister does the same thing.

My boyfriend does it without meaning to. His brother says "You're gayer than I am and I am married to a man!"

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Queen Bombshelle
The Solarised Night
Queen Bombshelle

I apparently eat like that without noticing. I was pleased when my friend told me.

Fancy indeed cool

Toxic Hellhound

11,500 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
            XDDD Oh wow, that's priceless

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Madame Mortem
            XDDD Oh wow, that's priceless

Kevin does lots of pretty fruity things such aschoosing my handbag out for me yesterday and finding the right pair of jeans to buy razz

Toxic Hellhound

11,500 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
            Aww! That's just too precious X3

11,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Madame Mortem
            Aww! That's just too precious X3

He researches everything before buying and he is awfully fond of leather so he took me to the direct factory outlet and got me a really nice genuine leather handbag for $60 down from $300. Technically it was my money but he was the one that chose out my bag, shoes and jeans. I literally only had one pair of jeans and a hole was torn in the thigh area so I needed some more. Same with my shoes, my sneakers were two years old and holey.

Toxic Hellhound

11,500 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
            Oh wow! Hehe, see, gay friends are so much better at times than normal male friends. They know how to shop. Which is really good if you're like and just aren't a shopper. Or a good one at the least X3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff