Welcome to Gaia! ::

Let's say your spaceship has been bombed by pirates & will soon asplode. How do you prepare for death?

Freak out (ohmigodohmigod I'm gonna DIIIEEE AAAAGGH!!!) 0.076305220883534 7.6% [ 19 ]
Sit there numbly, knowing there's nothing more to do or say 0.036144578313253 3.6% [ 9 ]
Try to send a last message of love to your family / friends / significant other 0.092369477911647 9.2% [ 23 ]
Pray, chant, meditate or other religious activity 0.036144578313253 3.6% [ 9 ]
Tell that one fellow crew member you hate what you really think of them 0.06425702811245 6.4% [ 16 ]
Tell that one fellow crew member you have a crush on what you really think of them 0.072289156626506 7.2% [ 18 ]
Hit the snooze button and sleep through it 0.14056224899598 14.1% [ 35 ]
Sing a song through gritted teeth (ie, Amazing Grace, Bird on a Wire, your national anthem) 0.056224899598394 5.6% [ 14 ]
More than one of the above 0.29718875502008 29.7% [ 74 ]
Something completely different (please post & say what it is!) 0.1285140562249 12.9% [ 32 ]
Total Votes:[ 249 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 92 93 94 > >>

LongTimeListener
.......................................................................................
Prizes!
(what, didja think I forgot?)Critique of the Week: BlueBus.
The only prize for judges goes to the only judge who had a chance to earn it...my main man, the first judge I recruited...BLUEBUS! *thunderous applause*
Do like I told those other winners, with selecting a prize or prizes.
wink

Winners, post your prize preferences, or PM me with them if you prefer. 3nodding

I'll update the top of the thread with this info as soon's I get a chance.
And now...back to work, before my boss catches on that all this typing ain't for her! eek ninja xd

Hmmm...that Gun Metal Long Coat Thingy looks mighty tastey...I call dibs. domokun
Quote:
Challenged by alterdayshift (waiting Acceptance)

Wait - what - where? I didn't see anything.
Mahayr
We may name a defender in a regular duel, as opposed to a grudge match?

Alright, ranjir... we are up. You would wear me down to o ne about Love... *mumble*

*chuckles and mutters a bit* I do believe I have seen that one before.. Have I not? *shrugs* Anyway.. I need to so some work *mutters* Shame I didn't get it posted earlier.. you would likely win and what not... and then I would still possibly have a prize for the week.
Well my decision to be the cheapest judge seems to have backfired...
demagoguery
Well my decision to be the cheapest judge seems to have backfired...

How so?
Well, at this point I was supposed to be flooded with requests from poor little waifs, but none have come. It makes me quite sad. Ah well. I shall go vote in a four polls, and pretend I was hired. Yes yes. 3nodding
Enguarde!

Ride to wrath, ruin, and a red dawn!
CA.ged
Quote:

Wait - what - where? I didn't see anything.

alterdayshift
"Challenger"
Challenger name: alterdayshift
Defender name: Onion
Bet: 500
Judge(s) desired: any

I will fight you. eek

Quote:
2nd Challenger -- CA.ged (waiting completion of Onion vs. alterdayshift)
Defender name: Onion
Bet: 500 gold
Judge(s) I prefer: any (no crit)

This ol' stuff? Shucks, you two challenged Daddy-O almost at the same instant. wink I'm envious.
BlueBus
I'm bored, and it all looks like so much fun. Soooo...

DEFENDER

Defender name: BlueBus
Bet: 600g
Judge(s) I prefer: LongTimeListener

REQUIRE
MUST BE a story-poem.

*cough*
Uh, BlueBus? You may wish to read the rules again...
demagoguery
*cough*
Uh, BlueBus? You may wish to read the rules again...

*deletes post in a panic, THEN looks* Which part? o_O
LongTimeListener

--Judges may not volunteer as Defenders or act as Challengers. They may only paricipate in Grudge Matches.
demagoguery
LongTimeListener

--Judges may not volunteer as Defenders or act as Challengers. They may only paricipate in Grudge Matches.

Damn. But...I talked to LongTimeListener about this awhile back, and she said it was okay. o_O

Hmm. Maybe the rules changed, or I missunderstood her. Either way, this pisses me off. I'd have a hell of alot more fun as a Defender/Challenger then I would as a judge. *conflict of interest*
demagoguery
Well, at this point I was supposed to be flooded with requests from poor little waifs, but none have come. It makes me quite sad. Ah well. I shall go vote in a four polls, and pretend I was hired. Yes yes. 3nodding

See, what you must do is market yourself. Think down to the level of the wide-eyed, penniless n00b out to make a name for themselves by doing nothing at all. Then go post on their poem threads and ask bluntly after your perky, encouraging critique that they should come try out this contest you're judging.

twisted Excellent practice for life in corporate America, my pretty.
*tries to look knowledgeable and menacing* And your little dog too!

BlueBus
I'm bored, and it all looks like so much fun. Soooo...

No, no! :XP: It says a zillion times in the rules that judges can only participate in grudge matches. Cause of, mostly the possibility of conflict of interest with other judges and also to safeguard against some of the more obvious kinds of swindling. And because it's easier for me to keep track of that way.

I will GLADLY accept a grudge match from you, and will update the first post as soon as I go sleep for eight hours.
*zonk*
heart

Big monster edit!
domokun

I probably did say it was all right. sweatdrop That is exactly the sort of thing that I would forget about because I got caught up in making things up.

...Does anybody object to the non-duelist judge rule? Should I make a poll after go sleep time?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff