Welcome to Gaia! ::

Let's say your spaceship has been bombed by pirates & will soon asplode. How do you prepare for death?

Freak out (ohmigodohmigod I'm gonna DIIIEEE AAAAGGH!!!) 0.076305220883534 7.6% [ 19 ]
Sit there numbly, knowing there's nothing more to do or say 0.036144578313253 3.6% [ 9 ]
Try to send a last message of love to your family / friends / significant other 0.092369477911647 9.2% [ 23 ]
Pray, chant, meditate or other religious activity 0.036144578313253 3.6% [ 9 ]
Tell that one fellow crew member you hate what you really think of them 0.06425702811245 6.4% [ 16 ]
Tell that one fellow crew member you have a crush on what you really think of them 0.072289156626506 7.2% [ 18 ]
Hit the snooze button and sleep through it 0.14056224899598 14.1% [ 35 ]
Sing a song through gritted teeth (ie, Amazing Grace, Bird on a Wire, your national anthem) 0.056224899598394 5.6% [ 14 ]
More than one of the above 0.29718875502008 29.7% [ 74 ]
Something completely different (please post & say what it is!) 0.1285140562249 12.9% [ 32 ]
Total Votes:[ 249 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 92 93 94 > >>

Besides... She's about to duel me... sweatdrop

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
He can take a numbah! Muhahahaha!
Okeydokey!
Sorry for the delay, folks. xd I'm not online much over the weekends.

Chiara_Scuro and Mahayr, here is your
Enguarde!

Ordinarily the judge you hired will post your Enguarde. xd

An individual person can only be in one duel at a time.
But, if the participants are different people there can be more than one duel going on at once.

It does not matter who posts the first poem, defender or challenger. However, both poems must be posted before the judge decides on the winner.
"Grudge Match"
My name is: ranjir
I call out: Mistress Mahayr
My item bet is: 1 gold
Poems must be rhyming
Theme: Love
Judge: Serpenteyes
(optional) Reason for grudge match: Fun and just to see if I can beat her. razz biggrin

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
"Grudge Accepted"
My name is: Mahayr
My challenger's name is: ranjir
Challenger bets: 1 g
I bet: 50 g
Judge(s) I will accept: Serpenteyes
I got the first post edited! ^_^
Mahayr and Leonis, your grudge match can begin as soon as Mahyr is finished with her duel vs. Chiara_Scuro. I've PMed the contestants in the first duel (Gambol vs. Nuriko1) to remind them they're dueling. sweatdrop

I'd been hoping to get at least one duel completed by today, since Monday is the day I plan on awarding prizes and prizes are based on wins in completed duels! Maybe I should extend the deadline...? Someone was suggesting to me that I make the prizes bi-weekly or monthly, especially now that things are just getting started out. What do you guys/gals think of this idea?

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for expanding or simplifying the rules, please PM me! This is an entirely new style of contest, and the rules are going to be a little confusing no matter what. So, I need all the help I can get! xd
So, if I am the judge they are wanting, do I wait for them to pm me, straighten out the rules and everything before I say 'enguarde'?

Figuring stuff out as it goes is exciting.
serpenteyes
So, if I am the judge they are wanting, do I wait for them to pm me, straighten out the rules and everything before I say 'enguarde'?

Figuring stuff out as it goes is exciting.

3nodding Exactly. xd This is why I am grateful for the patience of the judges and first duelists!

--They post or PM you saying what rules they have agreed on.
--They send you the money (bet plus fee).
--You post their Enguarde and the duel can begin!

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I think the rules are very well put together, and I am going over them more thoroughly as I can. I know what its like to need a new eye.

I am also trying to work on themes, but cipes that is a hard one!

Yes, perhaps bi-weekly would be best for now, although I do believe this will really take off.
Mahayr
I think the rules are very well put together, and I am going over them more thoroughly as I can. I know what its like to need a new eye.

I am also trying to work on themes, but cipes that is a hard one!

Yes, perhaps bi-weekly would be best for now, although I do believe this will really take off.

*nods* mmmhmmm... I can come up with some themes... Food! biggrin LOL... Lemme do a bit more work and I shall see what I can come up with.
Thank you both, Mahayr and Leonis, for volunteering to help out! I definitely need a fresh pair of eyes right about now. *eyes water* mrgreen Food is a good one...I've written some cool poems about food myself, and I've seen ones here that ranged from terrifying to sexy to both. wink

I had an idea for a format today. What if duelists could choose to compete to see who could write the worst poem, a la BlueBus's Craptastic thread?
*sighs* I finally posted my poem... I'm merely awaiting Bluebus with the results...
Congradulations to MAHAYR, our big winner! Nicely done, man. 3nodding

LongTime: a challenge to write the worst possible poem is always a good idea and leads to seemingly endless amusement (As Craptastic clearly shows). And the thought of you writing a terrifyingly sexy poem about food is, well, terrifying. gonk
Defender name: Onion
Bet: 500 gold
Judge(s) I prefer: any (no crit)
Poem category: any
REQUIRE
complacency
FORBID
speaker's knowledge (or acknowledgement) of complacency

=================================

is that too specific?

admittedly I was going to write a poem like this and then thought "well shoot maybe I'll see if anyone else wants to first biggrin " and I haven't started writing it yet but I still don't know if that's fair. But it's not timed or anything. So it seems ok. I mean, I'll only take one challenger, because I don't really need more than one poem... sweatdrop But maybe I would, and keep the better of the two, or three, or whatever. I'd like to write a lot of poems. I should do some challenging.

I get wordy when it's 7am, I haven't been to bed, and I've been smoking since 3.

But yeah. is it too specific? do i need more general, topical requisites?
Onion
Defender name: Onion
Bet: 500 gold
Judge(s) I prefer: any (no crit)
Poem category: any
REQUIRE
complacency
FORBID
speaker's knowledge (or acknowledgement) of complacency

=================================

is that too specific?

admittedly I was going to write a poem like this and then thought "well shoot maybe I'll see if anyone else wants to first biggrin " and I haven't started writing it yet but I still don't know if that's fair. But it's not timed or anything. So it seems ok. I mean, I'll only take one challenger, because I don't really need more than one poem... sweatdrop But maybe I would, and keep the better of the two, or three, or whatever. I'd like to write a lot of poems. I should do some challenging.

I get wordy when it's 7am, I haven't been to bed, and I've been smoking since 3.

But yeah. is it too specific? do i need more general, topical requisites?

Hmm...I don't think too specific, but the sort of thing where only regulars would challenge you. ^_^ Who that hasn't been giving and receiving concrit for awhile thinks to write a poem about "complacency"? But you're definitely allowed to make up your own category. Although depending on the judge your challenger wants, you may have to PM back and forth with the judge a bit so they have a good idea of what the guideline means in practice. wink

If you want to un-defenderify yourself after one challenger, that's cool. If, while you are a defender, you wish to challenge other defenders, I'm pretty sure that's cool as well. (And is because I say so! I am above the law! xd ) Hopefully someone will challenge you soon!

Oh, and Onion. biggrin You've always been smokin'.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff