Welcome to Gaia! ::

700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
I will be quitting Gaia soon, so I would like to give away all of my Gaia gold to someone who writes the best Hero's Journey Story. So far I have 119,608 gold, though this will be higher when I give out the prize.

The Theme: Hero's Journey

The Hero's Journey is a common archetype used all over the world. Examples would be Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings (Frodo's story) and the original Star Wars trilogy. For a description go to this website: Link

Requirements:

1. Must be a maximum of 1,000 words. It will be disqualified if it is longer than this.
2. It can be any genre that fits with the theme. It can be anything from fantasy to chick lit,
if you can make it work.
3. It must be posted below before the 29th of Febuary.
4. Must grab my interest straight away. If I can't get into it after 100 words, then I will not
finish it.
5. Only one entry per person.

Criteria:

Originality

Style

Entertainment

Grammar

The contest will be judged during March, and the winner will be announced before the end of March.
I think this could be a fun contest. Is there a certain way to submit entries? Or are we simply posting them here in the thread?

Peaceful Lunatic

Hmmm... the Hero's Journey, something that triggers entire series worth hundreds of thousands of words, encapsulated in less than a thousand words? And done in about three weeks?

That is one mighty challenge you've put up.

700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Indigodust
I think this could be a fun contest. Is there a certain way to submit entries? Or are we simply posting them here in the thread?

Post it in the thread.

700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Ysavvryl
Hmmm... the Hero's Journey, something that triggers entire series worth hundreds of thousands of words, encapsulated in less than a thousand words? And done in about three weeks?

That is one mighty challenge you've put up.

I was originally going to have the maximum word count be 300 words but I thought that may be pushing it. I think a short wordcount really forces the writer to pick his or her words carefully.

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I agree. An interesting challenge.. I think I will try it. 3nodding

4,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The link doesn't work.

700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
xxcreativedreamerxx
The link doesn't work.

Fixed.

Beloved Gawker

1,000 words is simply too short for a Hero's Journey.
Especially if you're talking about the type we learned about during High School.

700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
w o n d e r l a n d beat
1,000 words is simply too short for a Hero's Journey.
Especially if you're talking about the type we learned about during High School.

The point of the 1,000 words was to challenge people.
I take it this has ended?

700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Paescal
I take it this has ended?

Yep.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash