Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Team Jacob 100
I was sort of hoping for a more dystopian society theme for the science fiction one emo I'm pretty sure I've never read a post-apolcalyptic story/ novel/ whatever in my life but oh well! Time to get thinking of an interesting apocalypse that isn't a boring old nuclear holocaust!

edit: vague idea forming, I am excited!

By the way, will there be some sort of marking guidelines?

e.g. originality - scored out of 20, character development - scored out of 10, etc etc?

Compassionate Defender

Neopolitan Dreams
I was sort of hoping for a more dystopian society theme for the science fiction one emo I'm pretty sure I've never read a post-apolcalyptic story/ novel/ whatever in my life but oh well! Time to get thinking of an interesting apocalypse that isn't a boring old nuclear holocaust!

e.g. originality - scored out of 20, character development - scored out of 10, etc etc?

Dystopia blends very well with post-apocalyptic and sci-fi. Dystopias can form from an apocalypse, so it is possible to pull off both at once.

We're working out scoring guidelines now. I don't know about the other judges, but I tend to put a lot of focus on character, setting, and writing style.

1,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Statustician 100
Neopolitan Dreams

Ysavvryl's right, dystopia's perfect for it. And we are working on the point system and I'll post it for reference when its finished.

6,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Team Jacob 100
Ysavvryl
Dystopia blends very well with post-apocalyptic and sci-fi. Dystopias can form from an apocalypse, so it is possible to pull off both at once.

We're working out scoring guidelines now. I don't know about the other judges, but I tend to put a lot of focus on character, setting, and writing style.

Shiro Mezidoria
Ysavvryl's right, dystopia's perfect for it. And we are working on the point system and I'll post it for reference when its finished.

Yeah, I was thinking about it after my post and thought it could still be set in a dystopian society smile still probably would have found it easier to write about a dystopian society where there wasn't a mere fraction of the human population alive, though! But like I said, I have a vague idea so hopefully this task will help me produce something that's good yet out of my comfort zone.

Okay, I'll keep checking back for it, then!
Aw, sci-fi. Well out of my comfort zone. This'll be fun! ^.^

By the way, is there a minimum/maximum length it has to be, or is it just anything goes as long as it fits the prompt?
Whoo! More and more people to fall for the trap join the contest! 3nodding

3,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Sci-fi's going to be hard :<
But I'll try to get something ready.

1,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Statustician 100
Full Moon 9
Aw, sci-fi. Well out of my comfort zone. This'll be fun! ^.^

By the way, is there a minimum/maximum length it has to be, or is it just anything goes as long as it fits the prompt?

no there is no limit. i just don't want a book.
First category is Sci-Fi!

I hope the pumps and gears of your brain are working!

Beloved Genius

5,450 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I hope I'm not to late to join!
This sounds like lots of fun!! whee

Username: Sodapop2826
Nickname: Soda, Blondie, I'm good with anything else :3

About me: I enjoy long walks on the beach and drinking pina coldas xD...I write stories telling people about myself. I will write almost any genre, I suck at Romance :/ just saying. Mystery Murders twisted is what I enjoy the most. People have put down my writing spirt in the past so I quit for awhile but recently I gotten back into it (: I'm glad I did!

1,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Statustician 100
Sodapop2826
I hope I'm not to late to join!
This sounds like lots of fun!! whee

Username: Sodapop2826
Nickname: Soda, Blondie, I'm good with anything else :3

About me: I enjoy long walks on the beach and drinking pina coldas xD...I write stories telling people about myself. I will write almost any genre, I suck at Romance :/ just saying. Mystery Murders twisted is what I enjoy the most. People have put down my writing spirt in the past so I quit for awhile but recently I gotten back into it (: I'm glad I did!

Ah I LOVE PiƱa coladas!

And, no you're not late.mI'm accepting contestants up until three weeks prior to the due date which I have not posted yet.

1,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Statustician 100
That makes ten contestants. Guess it's time to post a due date...

Beloved Hunter

4,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
~~I Wish To Join~~

Username: OriginalSooshi
Nickname: Sooshi, or Jay
A little about you if you want: I'm seventeen, from Sydney, Australia. I've been writing since I can remember, and it's my life's dream to write a bestseller one day, just to know that I'm good enough. I tend to write fantasy/supernatural/romance, but I can write in other genres if I need to, mostly sci-fi. I think that's it... c:

1,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Statustician 100
OriginalSooshi
~~I Wish To Join~~

Username: OriginalSooshi
Nickname: Sooshi, or Jay
A little about you if you want: I'm seventeen, from Sydney, Australia. I've been writing since I can remember, and it's my life's dream to write a bestseller one day, just to know that I'm good enough. I tend to write fantasy/supernatural/romance, but I can write in other genres if I need to, mostly sci-fi. I think that's it... c:

Welcome! Glad you could join us!

1,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Statustician 100
Celebration!

We have now reached eleven contestants!

This is great news to me since I figured I would get maybe five and that would be it.

So I am excited.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games