Welcome to Gaia! ::

How open to interpretation are the themes? For example, could "book" be taken as a verb (book entertainment; book a criminal)?
Clock

Time kept ticking by as slowly as the falling water droplets from the nearby sink. He wondered if the day would ever come, or if he would be stuck like that for all eternity. Tomorrow was the biggest day of his life; the day he would pop the question. Fear churned his stomach as he laid there, praying for the break of dawn. He hoped fervently for the answer he wanted.

As dawn rose slowly, his fear grew with it. What if she said ‘no?’ He would just have to find out as he stood to face the rising sun.

Author’s Note: That is officially the worst drabble ever. I’m better with vignettes but I figured I might as well give it a shot. Good luck everyone!

Edit: Stupid newbie question how do I give you the money?

4,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Consumer 100
Sent the trade and even have a drabble ready with the theme Butterfly biggrin *yawns* *grinning* Never done this before, should be interesting heart
I gave you the gold, Ivydoll, check your trades. heart
I'm not so hot at drabbles but at least it's punctuated. lol
The theme I chose was bell.
-----------------------------------------------------

The bell’s deep echo echoed through the monastery, signaling the end of Vesper prayers. Stiffly and without any words exchanged, I and the two brothers nearby me rose. Besides the heaven’s eternal progress, the ring of the brass bell was the only indication of passing time. I knew that time passed, and despite being a monk, a holy man, death still held fear for me. Talking was not permitted; I didn’t know if the others felt as strongly as I did. But one day not so far in the future, I knew the bell would one day ring for me.

Familiar Phantom

Princess Dustbunny
How open to interpretation are the themes? For example, could "book" be taken as a verb (book entertainment; book a criminal)?

Absolutely interpretational. You can use the theme in any which way, so long as it's used. I in fact love the idea of verbing up 'book.'

3nodding

Familiar Phantom

Tiera Seera
Clock

Time kept ticking by as slowly as the falling water droplets from the nearby sink. He wondered if the day would ever come, or if he would be stuck like that for all eternity. Tomorrow was the biggest day of his life; the day he would pop the question. Fear churned his stomach as he laid there, praying for the break of dawn. He hoped fervently for the answer he wanted.

As dawn rose slowly, his fear grew with it. What if she said ‘no?’ He would just have to find out as he stood to face the rising sun.

Author’s Note: That is officially the worst drabble ever. I’m better with vignettes but I figured I might as well give it a shot. Good luck everyone!

Edit: Stupid newbie question how do I give you the money?

If you haven't already, buy a Trading Pass at the bank and then follow the instructions.

Hurry! The trade must be recieved for the drabble to be counted!

Familiar Phantom

auni007
Sent the trade and even have a drabble ready with the theme Butterfly biggrin *yawns* *grinning* Never done this before, should be interesting heart

Excellent!

You've all been added, and I'm even allowing one extra person to join the contest.

This of course, is depending on drabble completion rates. If there are any older contestants who have not entered by the time my extra gets her trade in, then I'll kick that person out. Maybe I'll even refund 'em.

Anyway, those of you who are still working! Please finish all work by the 31st! Work completed after that date will be ignored. And remember! Even if you do not make it to Stage 2, you can still compete in the NYChallenge!
Awsome, looks like everything is going really well here! congrats on doing such a great job with the contest!
Book

He was surprised when his wife, Minnie, usually serious, greeted him in the kitchen- behind their daughter- with a kiss and giggle; shocked to find she'd dropped her no-sleepovers-on-school-nights policy. He couldn't identify what, as she said goodbye on her way out, hid at the edge of her tone.

Then he spotted the date, circled in red.

His eyes attempted to leap to their doom, that they might not share his; his stomach cowered in his toes.

Frantically phoning restaurant after restaurant, he muses if his daughter shouldn’t come strait home. Surely Minnie wouldn’t kill him in front of her.

domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun

The "book" theme isn't as clear as I'd hoped it would be... Will this still count, or should I make another stab?
Full?!

Ok, time for me to write something... O_o

Familiar Phantom

Princess Dustbunny
Book

He was surprised when his wife, Minnie, usually series, greeted him in the kitchen- behind their daughter- with a kiss and giggle; shocked to find she'd dropped her no-sleepovers-on-school-nights policy. He couldn't identify what, as she said goodbye on her way out, hid at the edge of her tone.

His eyes attempted to leap to their doom, that they might not share his; his stomach cowered in his toes.

Frantically phoning restaurant after restaurant, he muses if his daughter shouldn’t come strait home. Surely Minnie wouldn’t kill him in front of her.

The "book" theme isn't as clear as I'd hoped it would be... Will this still count, or should I make another stab?

I think it's good; at least, so long that I'm right in thinking he's trying to book a table at a restaurant. I think the panicked feeling is great, as well. It's just really 'real.' A good husband/wife dynamic, put in a great way. So, I'LL accept it. 3nodding
Ivydoll
Princess Dustbunny
Book

He was surprised when his wife, Minnie, usually series, greeted him in the kitchen- behind their daughter- with a kiss and giggle; shocked to find she'd dropped her no-sleepovers-on-school-nights policy. He couldn't identify what, as she said goodbye on her way out, hid at the edge of her tone.

I think it's good; at least, so long that I'm right in thinking he's trying to book a table at a restaurant. I think the panicked feeling is great, as well. It's just really 'real.' A good husband/wife dynamic, put in a great way. So, I'LL accept it. 3nodding

Oh, phew! Yes, he is trying to book a reservation. The idea originally came to me as a Harry Potter fic, with Neville in the lead role, but... Well, I'm babbling now and assuming you know what about. It's very early in the morning sweatdrop

Familiar Phantom

Believe me I know what you mean; it's so late at night and I have an essay that I have not started due on Monday as a rough draft. I need to stop doing things last minute, but ah, well.

Actually, I'm glad Nev wasn't the main character! Seeing him in a het role would have been like, "Woah? Is Neville with a girl?" for me. And that would have been strange. xd

Familiar Phantom

flameblossoms
Full?!

Ok, time for me to write something... O_o

XD Yes, please!
Ivydoll
Believe me I know what you mean; it's so late at night and I have an essay that I have not started due on Monday as a rough draft. I need to stop doing things last minute, but ah, well.

Actually, I'm glad Nev wasn't the main character! Seeing him in a het role would have been like, "Woah? Is Neville with a girl?" for me. And that would have been strange. xd

xd Yeah, the original idea was for Neville with Hermione, then with Ginny, then Luna, then with some unnamed wife, then with, er, Draco Malfoy... But it hit me that, A) using Neville would be too fun to stick to a drabble format (I love drabbling, but some things scream at me for meat), and B) no one could honestly expect Neville to remember the date of a given day, let alone an important one. After that I considered using Aurthur and Molly Weasely, but Molly doesn't leave the house and in my exasperation of not being able to lay claws on the right Harry Potter pairing to use (something I'd been set on) and wanting to get the thing done and posted, it came around to an unnamed man with a wife who was only named for convenience (using "his wife" put me over the word limit) xp

Oh, hey, you changed your look! It's cute 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces