The ultimate competition of brevity.

---

Contest

---

Rules

1. Violence, Racism, Bigotry, Language, Sexuality, Taboo =
Fair Game within TOS.
2. Entry fee = Free.
3. Never, ever, ever PM me regarding this contest. Ever.

Requirements

0. Drabbles must be pure. 100 words exactly. No more, no less.
1. Hyphens can count for one or two words, at your own discretion.
2. Original, Fanfiction (any fandom), het, gen, slash. All accepted.
3. Drabbles may be in one block of text, or multiple blocks.
4. Drabbles must be entitled with the chosen theme. (See 2nd post for themes.)
4a. I reiterate, the title of your drabble is the theme you have chosen.
4b. You may use only one title-theme per drabble. No combinations.
5. Drabbles do not, however, have to contain the word or phrase which is your chosen theme.
5a. Example: Choosing the theme 'fire' without ever actually using the word fire.
6. Additionally, the themes do not have to be taken literally; any plausible interpretation or twist is acceptable, and/or encouraged. Be prepared to write well, regardless of which approach you decide on.

Notes:

0. (Prizes may go up at any time, depending on finances and donations.)*
1. One winner will take top prize.
2. Some rounds have multiple stages. Most don't. Read carefully.
3. Entrants may submit multiple entries.
4. Limit two entries per person, per stage.
5. Prizes are doled out carnival-style. The more entrants, the higher the prize, i.e, encourage your friends to join. Also, the more entries per round, the more consolation gold I offer. Check it out-- I'm copying cafebrulot. With love.

Prizes

01-05 entrants: 7000gold. 700per.
06-10 entrants: 9000gold. 900per.
11-15 entrants: 12000gold. 1200per.
16-20 entrants: 15000gold. 1500per.

Brief exposition on how to succeed in Drabbling and in this contest. Here.
Resource for bettering one's understanding of Drabbling. Here.
Good luck! I'd join but I haven't the time as of now... I'm doing homework and polishing off my entry for the Gundam Wing fan fiction contest in the guild... Anyway, good luck again!
Ivydoll
Colonel Lady Une
Good luck! I'd join but I haven't the time as of now... I'm doing homework and polishing off my entry for the Gundam Wing fan fiction contest in the guild... Anyway, good luck again!

XD It's no problem! I assure you, anyone too busy to write 100 words is no one I need clogging up the works! j/k I need to work on my entry, too, if I'm going to try and participate. I wrote about a paragraph in a spiral notebook two nights ago...
You did? Well, you should really go to the guild and reseve a slot since we're only accepting 10 entries. Go to the thread about the contest and say you want to join then send the 150 gold entry fee to the guild mule. The guild mule's username is Preventer Organization Hurry! Only 3 slots are left and I wouldn't want you to write a fic and not get the chance to compete.
I've adde your name to the list! All you have to do is pay the guild mule 150 gold for the slot to be officially yours. Its username is Preventer Organization. Tell me when you've sent it your trade!

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Is drabble just writing 300 words (or whatever it is) on one of those topics? Like a...Aw, dang, I forget the word--TRAIN OF THOUGHT! That's it. Is it just a train of thought piece on one of those topics?

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
[ .days. ]
Is drabble just writing 300 words (or whatever it is) on one of those topics? Like a...Aw, dang, I forget the word--TRAIN OF THOUGHT! That's it. Is it just a train of thought piece on one of those topics?

100 words (three rounds)

but after that bit of info, i'm lost
Wolven Poet
[ .days. ]

100 words (three rounds)

stare Whatever.

XD
[ .days. ]
Wolven Poet
[ .days. ]

100 words (three rounds)

stare Whatever.

XD

"Pure" drabble? That's kinda cool if you can win 1000 gold for writing only 300 words total... 4laugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff