• Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Very nice.
If you have not already affiliated with McCallister, you might want to check that out.
I will get the link for you if you don't already have it.

M.

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I've never heard of this McCallister, or if I have, I don't recall. A link would be great.

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Lea Fealith
I've never heard of this McCallister, or if I have, I don't recall. A link would be great.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/Writing%20Contests/anything-goes-writing-contest-league-oct-monthly-agwl/t.20315855_2/#2

The bits about accredited Hosts... I think. He is sending it to me so I will post that when I get it, so sorry... my eyes and memory are tired.

He is a big where hereabouts... Wing McCallister - same link as about, that link is to the second post.

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Here it all is hahaha!

Wing McCallister
Anything Goes Writing League - Season #1
October 1, 2010 - September 30, 2011

Anything Goes Writing League Information
For AGWC Participants
Welcome to the quest for the Faulkner Prism. Please see first post for information about the current contest.
For Contest Holders
If you are here to seek League Accreditation, welcome. Please feel free to contact Wing at anytime.
Active AGWL Contests
Anything Goes Writing Contest - 5 point montly
Retrogradatio Cruciata - 15 point seasonally
Currently Accredited Hosts
Akashiya Inoue
elementalWITHIN
Ivydoll
Mahayr
The Love Mutt
Wing McCallister

Allow me to welcome you to the Anything Goes Writing League. For years, I have hosted the AGWC and have watched it develop into the premier writing contest on Gaia. It's important, however, to remember that one must always look forward, and the AGWL is my effort to take that next step.

Let me make it clear that the AGWC will continue to function as it has. This contest isn't going anywhere. I am just trying to make things a bit more interesting for the patrons of this contest, as well as those of the WC forum. The AGWL will keep tabs on contests held in the AGWC throughout the year, and competitors will fight for a total of 5 credits each month. These points may be divided amongst multiple winners, but at the end of the day, let me be clear. Five points will be up for grabs in each monthly contest. Scroll down for more information.

AGWL Season
Fall Sessions
October - Monthly Contest - 5 Available AGWL Credits - other gaia prizes awarded
Novemeber - Monthly Contest - 5 Available AGWL Credits - other gaia prizes awarded
December - Monthly Contest - 5 Available AGWL Credits - other gaia prizes awarded

Workshop Session - For Artist Development
January - Winter Writing Workshop - Worth 0 AGWL Credit - other gaia prizes awarded

Spring Sessions
February - Monthly Contest - 5 Available AGWL Credits - other gaia prizes awarded
March - Monthly Contest - 5 Available AGWL Credits - other gaia prizes awarded
April - Monthly Contest - 5 Available AGWL Credits - other gaia prizes awarded
May - Monthy Contest - 5 Available AGWL Credits - other gaia prizes awarded

GGW
June to September - Credits awarded on standard 15 point judgement scale - other gaia prizes awarded.

GGW Champion and AGWL Champion crowned

The AGWL Champion receives the Faulkner Prism as a trophy. Yes, it is a real glass trophy that I have bought and will mail to the champion along with a Certificate of Authenticity.

At this juncture, I'm somewhat hoping that this is all self-explanatory. I will continue to hold contests as I have for the last several years. Contests will have their own prize packages and stipulations as they always have, except now those contests count towards a greater goal: becoming the AGWL Champion.

This is where I'm going to make things interesting. The AGWC is just a small pocket of the WC. Wouldn't it be entertaining if other contests could get in on the fun? They can. For those of you out there who host your own contests, become an AGWL Accredited Host. Winners of your contests will also receive credit in the AGWL just as they would if they had participated in one of my monthly contests. This - of course - presents a logistic hurdle.

Q1: How would I become a league accredited host?
A1: Ask me. If you are a regular of the AGWC, chances are that I know if you're qualified to judge pieces to acceptable standards. If you're not a regular, ask anyway. I'll come check out your contests, and we'll get the ball rolling from there.

Q2: Once I'm an AGWL Accredited Host, what do I do?
A2: Explain to your patrons the situation. Tell them what's up with your contest and explain to them that there are other things out there for them to try. Not every contest you host has to be for a league credit. If you just want to host something without league stipulations, no sweat. If you do want your contest to count for league credit, announce it and point people in the right direction. I'd highly recommend hosting these contests during December and January, as my contests in those months focus on development and not league stats.
Sum Up
Tell me that you're hosting a contest for AGWL credit so that I may include a link.

Tell your patrons what's going on.

I have included the following message for you to use in your AGWL credit contests.
Attention Contest Patrons!
This contest is part of the Anything Goes Writing League. This means that winners are eligible to receive league credits. Please see the Anything Goes Writing Contest & League thread for more information. I wish you luck in your pursuit of the Faulkner Prism. ~Wing

Q3: Are there any restrictions?
Host Restrictions & Regulations
Accredited Hosts may only offer 5 AGWL credits per month. These points may be divided amongst multiple winners. If you're hosting a contest that runs for 2 months, then you're allowed to offer 10 credits to your contest winners. It's a really simple concept.

No AGWL credit matches are authorized during the GGW months. GGW is the big dance, script kiddies. I think it's pretty fair to keep the points in house for that one. However, this rule may change.

Hosts must distribute at least 15 points during the AGWL year to keep their accredited status. There are obviously exceptions to this clause - such as illness. However, in order to keep a positive competitive atmosphere, it is fair that accredited hosts hold events. 15 points amounts to 3 monthly contests; that isn't such a big burden.

Q4: Someone won a contest for AGWL credit. What do I do?
A4: Send me a PM with some sort of AGWL subject. Easy.

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Mahayr
Lea Fealith

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/Writing Contests/anything-goes-writing-contest-league-oct-monthly-agwl/t.20315855_2/#2

The bits about accredited Hosts... I think. He is sending it to me so I will post that when I get it, so sorry... my eyes and memory are tired.

He is a big where hereabouts... Wing McCallister - same link as about, that link is to the second post.

Ah yes, that. A very impressive project. This contest wouldn't work as a 'monthly' contest since it will run a long time and take longer than a month for people to complete, but thumbs up to him for a cool idea!
So this is who M was talking about. razz

Just so you know, there is no time restriction placed on contests. Hosts in the AGWL can set any deadline they wish. The only stipulation is that points up for grabs stay at 5/mo. If you have a contest, like the RC - for example - which runs for 3 months each cycle, you can give out a total of 15 points for the contest.

*flies away*

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Wing McCallister
So this is who M was talking about. razz

Just so you know, there is no time restriction placed on contests. Hosts in the AGWL can set any deadline they wish. The only stipulation is that points up for grabs stay at 5/mo. If you have a contest, like the RC - for example - which runs for 3 months each cycle, you can give out a total of 15 points for the contest.

*flies away*

Hrm, interesting. I'll do some math and see if I can predict how long it would take someone to finish the challenge after I have all my other ducks in a row closer to the start date.

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Bumpity. Still only at around 100. Classwork is a b***h.
at least out loud
i wont say im in love
-----------▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
-------------
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.----User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.----User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ITS TOO CLICHE

ttly interested. hopefully the prize pool increases :3 /lurks

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
It's going to. I already have 3 times more than I started with, so I'm just waiting for closer to the deadline to up the number.
at least out loud
i wont say im in love
-----------▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
-------------
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.----User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.----User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ITS TOO CLICHE

wonderful : D
would you be interested in any thread graphics/coding? </figures she might as well offer if she's going to enter>

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Yes I would! As you can see, the formatting is pretty crappy. I tried making some graphics but don't have time to make them not look like crap. I think the headlines are going to stay the same, so if you want to donate a few graphics (or whatever you like) I would be very grateful.
Out of entirely idle curiosity, am I the only one bombarding you with prompts?

(mostly asked as a thinly veiled excuse to bump)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff