Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,350 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
Lea Fealith
The language section of the prompts is up, finally. What a b***h to write that was!

That's how I feel this whole thing is going to be for me to write. I already feel like crying. crying This is like fantasy writer's boot camp. I'm still trying to figure out methods for tackling sections. I'm thinking geography should go first, because then I know what a race would have around to influence their culture...*trails off in thought*
Queen Thumbelina
Lea Fealith
The language section of the prompts is up, finally. What a b***h to write that was!

That's how I feel this whole thing is going to be for me to write. I already feel like crying. crying This is like fantasy writer's boot camp. I'm still trying to figure out methods for tackling sections. I'm thinking geography should go first, because then I know what a race would have around to influence their culture...*trails off in thought*

Heh, I know what you mean.

Such organization is basically foreign to me, so I'm figuring out how to tackle this all as well.

I am greatly enjoying this, however

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Just remember, there's no hurry, and your answers are ultimately for you.

IMO the best way to go about finishing the prompts is to pick and choose across all sections as you go. Geography might be a great place to start, and then you might find yourself thinking something about the culture of a particular place and jump there, which reminds you of a historical event and look to fill a prompt there, etc... I personally would go nuts if I tried to do everything from top down. sweatdrop

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Ok, everything is now posted. It appears that there are 474 prompts total, so that is the number everyone will be trying to hit. Good luck. sweatdrop

Here's a break down of the prompt numbers for those who are curious.

Setup - 7
Culture - 78
Geography - 34
Habitation - 40
History - 43
Magic - 34
Menagerie - 21
Language - 46
People - 50
Politics - 61
Philosophy - 60

Total 474

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Holy hell. This looks awesome. I don't usually write 'fantasy' as my main genre, but I have in the past and I think that this would have been perfect back then. Crazy! I'm tempted to give this a shot - and even if I don't finish I think it would give me a good grounding for later. ninja
So, is Philosophy just the last for now, or is it absolutely the final section?

Eloquent Raider

Ach, gosh. I would love to try this. But, for one, I know I would never finish and two, my brain my die. xD

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Seshat La Sage
So, is Philosophy just the last for now, or is it absolutely the final section?

It's absolutely the final section.

Sailor Ily: You don't have to be an official participant to participate. If you don't care about finishing or the prize, you can always just answer a few questions for yourself whenever you feel like it.
I ******** love maps.

Done with 3.1.1 & 3.1.2

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Okay, curiosity got me. I don't think I'll finish, but it will be something of a personal challenge to give it a shot anyway. ^^

Name: Psychotic Maniacal Sanity
World Name: Eden
Thread Link: Here She Be

Eloquent Raider

Lea Fealith
Sailor Ily: You don't have to be an official participant to participate. If you don't care about finishing or the prize, you can always just answer a few questions for yourself whenever you feel like it.

I know, but I think I'l going to do it anyway. xD I might have a thread up tonight~

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Everyone's prompts are checked and registered up until this point. If you see an error in your prompt count please tell me.
Name: SucculentAmbush
World: Borderland
Link: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/original-stories-prose/borderland-bigass-fantasy-challenge/t.67932675/

1.1-1.4 completed.

Eloquent Raider

Yay, I finally got the thread up~!

Name: Sailor Ily
World Name: Envylyn
Thread Link: Envylyn~!

I've completed 1.1 and 1.2~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash