Welcome to Gaia! ::

Whoo! Go Whimsi! I didn't even see you'd finished until today!

I've already scrapped at least one whole world and started over (and the hollow planet is better suited to sci-fi, but I'm actually keeping most of the information).

Lunatic

19,575 Points
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Mystical Adversary 25
  • Dragon Master 50
Just started using this for a second story world. So far I have 3 sections for 1.1 XD

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Solnya
Just started using this for a second story world. So far I have 3 sections for 1.1 XD

=D Excellent!

Lunatic

19,575 Points
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Mystical Adversary 25
  • Dragon Master 50
Lea Fealith
Solnya

=D Excellent!
It's because when I eventually get around to writing the story, I intend to describe, not only the planet the events take place on but also about the universe it occurs in as well as an extra-dimentional reality XD

Lunatic

19,575 Points
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Mystical Adversary 25
  • Dragon Master 50
*wonders if she's bitten off more than she can chew with 1.3* I already have 6 races and they are only human or those which can pass as human. I still need to do nationalities and intelligent races which can't pass as humans XD *continues to work on her daunting tasj*

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Solnya
*wonders if she's bitten off more than she can chew with 1.3* I already have 6 races and they are only human or those which can pass as human. I still need to do nationalities and intelligent races which can't pass as humans XD *continues to work on her daunting tasj*

*cheerleads from the sidelines*

Remember, there will be time for all the deep detail later. The intro questions can be sparser on detail if you need.

Lunatic

19,575 Points
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Mystical Adversary 25
  • Dragon Master 50
Lea Fealith
Solnya

Remember, there will be time for all the deep detail later. The intro questions can be sparser on detail if you need.
XD Well the humans by themselves are already split into 4 different groups (Normals, Uniques, Descendants and Deviants) as viewed from "one side of the fence". Then you gotta throw them all back in the melting pot together and separate them out into socioeconomic, cultural, religious, or basically any other ethnic division for the other point of view... And this is only the view from the human perspective... User Image Suggestions? XD *Continues writing her 1/2-2 pages per species* ... I can't help it, some of them I've thought about in a lot of detail XD

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Solnya
Lea Fealith
Solnya

XD Well the humans by themselves are already split into 4 different groups (Normals, Uniques, Descendants and Deviants) as viewed from "one side of the fence". Then you gotta throw them all back in the melting pot together and separate them out into socioeconomic, cultural, religious, or basically any other ethnic division for the other point of view... And this is only the view from the human perspective... User Image Suggestions? XD *Continues writing her 1/2-2 pages per species* ... I can't help it, some of them I've thought about in a lot of detail XD

I'd look at some of the prompts later on about population groups and see what you can put there instead. All that detail is great though! I certainly don't want to dissuade you from it, I just wanted to remind you that the intro prompts are a summary, and all of the smaller divisions can come after that one. Remember, there are over 400 prompts, and 2 whole sections on people and politics, so you will certainly have a chance to write more than 2 pages for each of your species!

Lunatic

19,575 Points
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Mystical Adversary 25
  • Dragon Master 50
Lea Fealith
Solnya
Lea Fealith
Solnya

I'd look at some of the prompts later on about population groups and see what you can put there instead. All that detail is great though! I certainly don't want to dissuade you from it, I just wanted to remind you that the intro prompts are a summary, and all of the smaller divisions can come after that one. Remember, there are over 400 prompts, and 2 whole sections on people and politics, so you will certainly have a chance to write more than 2 pages for each of your species!
True... I've been trying to limit it to one paragraph but... XD it's mostly my fault for doing it at work where I couldn't really read the front page too well XD

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Solnya
Lea Fealith
Solnya
Lea Fealith
Solnya

True... I've been trying to limit it to one paragraph but... XD it's mostly my fault for doing it at work where I couldn't really read the front page too well XD

Well, there's no maximum limit, so if you do want to write a small novel for one prompt, no one is stopping you. blaugh

Lunatic

19,575 Points
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Mystical Adversary 25
  • Dragon Master 50
Lea Fealith
Solnya
Lea Fealith
Solnya
Lea Fealith
Solnya

Well, there's no maximum limit, so if you do want to write a small novel for one prompt, no one is stopping you. blaugh
A small novel... It's kinda the point of creating this world, I've got a story I wanna write, and I wanna give it a decent setting so it's not some flimsy piece of work. XD

I was in the process of creating it so I'm sorta using this as a concise guide so I don't miss anythign XD

Partying Lunatic

7,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I've just come off hiatus and I'm sorely tempted to (re)start this challenge *^* I can't even remember my last world design, because looking back at my old documents it makes no sense whatsoever orz.

As well: Belated congrats to whimsicaldreamer!

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Luna Vox
I've just come off hiatus and I'm sorely tempted to (re)start this challenge *^* I can't even remember my last world design, because looking back at my old documents it makes no sense whatsoever orz.

As well: Belated congrats to whimsicaldreamer!

Welcome back!

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Ok guys, I got some extra gold and it seems things have hit a lul, so it's time for another sprint.

The person who fills the most prompts from May 1 to June 1 will win 200k!

I'm going to be competing too, so if no one writes more prompts than me, I get to keep the money.

Also, since I know sometimes concepts stall and people want to use different projects, for the sprint only you can send me a link to a separate thread on the test forum, and there answer the prompts using any world that you choose, or more than one world if you'd like to do that. Past winners (all 2 of you) are welcome to fill prompts with a different world if they like too. The only stipulation is that a prompt fill has to be 200 words or more to count.

Happy world building!
Dendris finally has a pantheon! Complete with tektek'd avatars of gods (literal avatars, though, not just—yeah... you get the idea)!

I also updated the first two sections I completed. I made sure the prompts had the same number of words; it's just new information.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff