Welcome to Gaia! ::

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Ici Chiot

Hallo, hallo! Long time, no posting. :c The RPG I originally started this challenge for went
                kerplunk, so I lost my interest in world-building the setting.

But I do want to do this challenge.

So I set-up another thread for a world I've placed a couple novels in. Would it be possible to
                delete my old entry (Izarn) from the list and replace it with this?

Name: Ici Chiot
                        World Name: Lomeelas
                        Thread Link: Lomeelas

First seven challenges already complete and posted. c:

Welcome back! I'll replace your old information with this one.
Lea Fealith

Welcome back! I'll replace your old information with this one.

Awesome-possum! Thank-you so much. c: I'm very excited to get back into this.
Name: Ash
World Name: Nix
Thread Link:...

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
The list has been updated!

Revered Nerd

Menagerie: Animals is complete for Maldia.

I know I have been inactive for a while but I am back and still want to do it.

Edit: Menagerie: Taxonomy is done as well.

Edit 2.0: Culture: Ritual is done.
That one was fun to do. I had this drawing in one of my notebooks, it was this blank outline of a person and the arms were positioned so it looked like he was playing an instrument, I drew it in and asked my freinds what to call him. They named him Tanno Grenich and I put him in my story as a background character. Now he has a full story.

Edit to all the Edits: Politics: Boundaries is done too.

And if someone else does not post soon I may discover how many times I can edit this.

And yet another edit:
So I am tackling the philosphy section and have realized that it is one of the things that is actually going to be experiencing a significant widespread change in the imminent future of the planet. I just want to make sure that it would be ok if I switched between post-change and pre-change between the sections or even individual questions.

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
whimsicaldreamer
Menagerie: Animals is complete for Maldia.

I know I have been inactive for a while but I am back and still want to do it.

Edit: Menagerie: Taxonomy is done as well.

Edit 2.0: Culture: Ritual is done.
That one was fun to do. I had this drawing in one of my notebooks, it was this blank outline of a person and the arms were positioned so it looked like he was playing an instrument, I drew it in and asked my freinds what to call him. They named him Tanno Grenich and I put him in my story as a background character. Now he has a full story.

Edit to all the Edits: Politics: Boundaries is done too.

And if someone else does not post soon I may discover how many times I can edit this.

And yet another edit:
So I am tackling the philosphy section and have realized that it is one of the things that is actually going to be experiencing a significant widespread change in the imminent future of the planet. I just want to make sure that it would be ok if I switched between post-change and pre-change between the sections or even individual questions.

Sorry it's taking me this long to respond. I'll have all your sections checked an updated in a bit.

Regarding your question, yes, you can answer prompts based on any point in time or location of your world, and these things do not have to be consistent throughout. In fact, I encourage as much variety as possible!

Revered Nerd

Thanks.

And that is such a releif, having to go and redo about seven parts/sections would be kind of a pain.

Aged Gaian

heart

Name: Peaceful Revolution
World Name: Terrus
Thread Link: CLICK!

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Peaceful Revolution
heart

Name: Peaceful Revolution
World Name: Terrus
Thread Link: CLICK!

You're in! Very interesting start, and your map was great!

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
The participant list was getting unwieldy, so I've pruned it back. If you started participating before Apr. 2012 and have not updated beyond the setup prompts I've taken your name off the list. You can always start up again by finishing a section and notifying me.

In more fun news, here is the October Mini-Challenge: UNDEAD

What culture doesn't have its spirits, zombies, and spooks? Tell me about the undead of your world. What causes their existence? What makes them dangerous? What can be done to stop them from rising or putting them down once they're up?

Write me 200 words about the undead in your world and get 5k! Remember, you don't have to be an official entrant in the challenge to participate.

Revered Nerd

So apparently there is something funky with my notifications or something because I am getting no updates on my subscribed threads. I could have used this when you posted it, all my writing had stalled.
These Mini-promts are really nice though, I only have to answer one question to feel like I have gotten something done. And they are so much easier to check for spelling errors and misplaced spaces than a document in the hundreds of pages without a spell check. So much easier.

October Mini-Prompt: Undead

What culture doesn't have its spirits, zombies, and spooks? Tell me about the undead of your world. What causes their existence? What makes them dangerous? What can be done to stop them from rising or putting them down once they're up?

So yes Maldia has these creatures and not all of them are the type to fit into the Halloween theme, but as I have only really gone in depth on the nice ones, the mean ones get to shine here. I believe I have covered how they are created in a number of the main prompts so I am just going to give a quick over view of what I have already covered. Spirits are created when a person dies, Zombies are created when something goes horribly wrong. Spirits are the souls of the dead and magic, Zombies are the bodies of things that have no magic and no soul. The two cannot combine.

Spirits in general are not dangerous as most of the ones on Maldia are benevolent. However the malevolent ones are dangerous and rightly so. While they do not have the ability to manipulate magic the way the living can they can exort an influence on it, a small one, but enough to disrupt spells. This means a simple nice attempt at lighting a candle can end up catching the roof on fire.They can also make their prescence known to the living, being seen, whispers in the ear, showing up in dreams, that kind of stuff. Not as dangerous as the magic but still disconcerning. There are however a few ways to deal with them. The most effective way is to sever the connection that is keeping the spirit from entering the void or giving the body a proper burial, this is usually to keep them from staying. To get them to go away: banishing, proper burial, or giving them what they want is what works.

The Zombies are much more dangerous. They can spread their zombiness and once it has started there is no way to stop it. They have an attraction to magic and where one is drawn so are others. Those who can use magic will find it is useless against the zombies as they just absorb it, and if you can use magic you will find yourself facing them. Getting rid of the zombies is impossible, there are far too many of them, and they will continue to grow in numbers despite anyone's attempts. However if you do find you have to kill a zombie dead, complete destruction of the brain or heart tends to work. The best way by far to deal with a zombie, or a zombie infected individual, is throw them into one of the pits that the Turzikian's have, light the fire inside the pit, burn the bodies and whatever else is in them. Anything still alive at that point has no ability to get out of the pit.

Aged Gaian

I have a question ... when it comes to describing the wealthy fashions of different peoples, can I provide pictures? Or do I need to just describe everything in writing? Or do both?

Amateur Capitalist

17,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Peaceful Revolution
I have a question ... when it comes to describing the wealthy fashions of different peoples, can I provide pictures? Or do I need to just describe everything in writing? Or do both?

You can do both. Depending on the prompt you may have to at least explain a little bit of why people are wearing what they are wearing.

whimsicaldreamer: I wonder why the notifications aren't working. =s That kind of sucks, since it does help when people actually know something is happening in the thread.

Revered Nerd

It seems to be something that a lot of people are having a problem with and luckily one of the mods in the bugs forum saw the thread about is so something should be being done about it.

It sucks though because people always post in threads after I stop watching them like a hawk.

Philosopy: Gods is done.

And I am doing the Philosophy out of order becuase the ungrouped and religion sections are long. The symbolism is halfway done so that should be up sometime later this month.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff