Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Fairy

8,225 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
■■■ STORY■■IN■■A■■CUP ■■■

I N T R O

I'll start this off with a little information about myself.

Hi, I'm Teacup Sheep. I've been on Gaia since 2007, I think. I used to be really addicted to this site, but after a few years, I just lost that passion. Sure, I still have shopping sprees and I quest for things every now and then, but that doesn't happen too often anymore. I was ready to go cold turkey on this site for good..

Until I discovered the Minishops forums. Dang. You guys have no idea how talented the people on this site are. From the bored people who spam the AF to the lurkers in the Writing Shops, there are so many Gaians who are amazing at what they do. Since then, I have spent almost all of my gold on art and stories.

This is where you guys come in. I've gotten my art, and now I've moved onto stories. There are tons of writers who don't venture into the Writing Shops forums, and I see a ton of them here! I really want to see what you guys can come up with.

Here's what you must do.

You must write a story using my characters. Yeap. That's right. The character posts are somewhere down there, and you have to use them, and only them. What you want to write, well, that's up to you. I've already taken away enough of your freedom. But, well. That's my only rule for the content of your stories. Make them do whatever you like. You don't have to follow the backstory that I wrote up. Just stay true to the character.

Intro | Rules | Prizes | Character Set 1 | Character Set 2 | Entries | Reserved | Reserved

Wealthy Fairy

8,225 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
R U L E S

Basics:
      >Follow the TOS! I cannot stress this enough.
      >Plagiarism is bad. Really, really bad.
      >I don't like people who aren't nice. So, please, respect everyone who comes in here.

What to do:
      >Pick a pair of characters from one of the sets below.
      >Write a story about them.
      >Send it in.

Do NOT write:
      >Anything about [the girl] and [the guy] being cousins, or long lost siblings, or whatever. No.
      >Blood and gore. I am hemophobic.

Participation:
      >Multiple entries ARE allowed.
      >There is no entry fee.
      >Entries must be between 1000 and 3000 words.
      >Entries must be posted in this thread, and can only be edited BEFORE the deadline.

Important Dates:
      >Deadline for entries: September 28, 2012 at 23:59 GMT+8:00
      >Judging will take place from September 29, 2012- October 13, 2012.
      >Winners will be announced on October 14, 2012. Awarding of prizes will be on the same day.

Judging:
      >There will be three judges: GaiaOnline's Teacup Sheep and Ame no Tegami, and one of our classmates.
      >The criteria are as follows:

40% Grammar (Well.. I actually don't mind, but I want to help you get better, too.)
            20% Style
            15% Originality (It's really hard to be original, but it's important.)
            15% Following guidelines (Following rules is important, too!)
            10% Judge's Choice (It IS for our personal consumption..)

Intro | Rules | Prizes | Character Set 1 | Character Set 2 | Entries | Reserved | Reserved

Wealthy Fairy

8,225 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
P R I Z E S

0-5 Entries
      First: 10k
      Second: 5k
      Judge's Choices (1 winner): 500g

6-10 Entries
      First: 15k
      Second: 10k
      Judge's Choices (2 winners): 1k each

11-15 Entries
      First: 20k
      Second: 30k
      Judge's Choices (3 winners): 3k each

Wealthy Fairy

8,225 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
] C H A R A C T E RS E T 1

MIRUKI

A blonde with somewhat low self esteem. She can be a little talkative sometimes, which makes her seem sure of herself, but the hesitation she shows in almost every situation reveals her insecurities. She has bright, green eyes, and her hair reaches her chest. She isn't much of a girly girl.. in fact, she loves to rollerskate and hates makeup (but she does wear skirts and dresses!) She secretly --or not so secretly-- enjoys the way Bryan spoils her. She can cook and play the piano, but it's easy to see that she doesn't exactly enjoy doing them.

BRYAN

This young, brown eyed man stands at a height of 5 feet and 7 inches. His slim build goes well with his personality.. Confident and smart, but most of the time just plain reckless. He doesn't think of the consequences when he goes out to do something, and it almost borders on selfishness. This trait of his is quite unfortunate as well, due to his extreme jealousy. His short, sandy blonde hair only reaches about an inch below his ear. His way too rich parents bought him a navy motorcycle for his eighteenth birthday, and so far he hasn't learned to drive anything else. This guy can be a total lazybutt, but when he's doing something he loves, he won't be seen sitting down anytime soon.

BLAINE

This clumsy oaf has always had a thing for the girls. Despite the fact that he's dropping everything he touches (I'm exaggerating, of course!), he's got a charming, sarcastic personality that can easily draw people to him. It's obvious that he's Miruki's twin-- they actually do look like genderbent forms of one another. The difference is that he's dyed his hair a very dark, almost black, blue. He stands only an inch taller than his sister, and he isn't happy about it. If anything, his happiness lies in his love for basketball and, well, women.

ROBINA

Robina is a female tennis player. She's sassy and competitive, and she's got quite a bit of an attitude. Unlike her best friend, she's outgoing and a bit loudmouthed. A lot of the time, she comes off as a bit rude, although Bryan and Miruki have gotten quite used to it. Robina and Blaine, however, are constantly at each other's necks. She has light brown eyes that match her hair, but these sometimes go unnoticed because of the revealing clothes she's usually seen in.

Pairings:

Miruki and Bryan - Romantic
          Miruki and Blaine - Siblings
          Miruki and Robina / Blaine and Bryan - Best Friends
          Robina and Blaine - Frenemies

Wealthy Fairy

8,225 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
C H A R A C T E RS E T 2

SCOTT

At a first glance, anyone would think that Scott is a suave male doctor with hair and eyes so black, you could lose yourself in them. After getting to know him, they realize that he is nothing but adorkable. He gets embarrassed easily when it comes to his male co-workers, and can't come up with a decent comeback when they're teasing him. He is a hopeless romantic, which causes confusion for most, considering his alpha-male looks. He is extremely impatient and can sometimes have a problem making a compromise, although it's obvious he tries not to show it (without much success). When he isn't working, Scott is usually with his younger brother Matthew playing softball, a game that he has loved ever since he was a young boy (though he isn't as good as he thinks).

SAM

A curly haired brunette whose eyes just happen to match her hair-- medium brown. She works as a nurse, she is the assistant of the man who just happens to be her husband. She has the caring personality often expected of a nurse, and this often causes her to forget about her own needs. Much like a housewife, Sam loves to cook and bake. Whenever she's at home, she's usually found in the kitchen, fixing something up for her friends. Only problem is, though, is that when she starts, she usually finds it very hard to stop. She's also very stoic, and refuses to accept any help, even though she knows she needs some.

MATTHEW

Matthew is Scott's brother, younger by nearly seven years, and is probably his exact opposite. He is the athlete of the family, and his favorite sports are softball and tennis. Matt is pretty hotheaded, and Scott always takes advantage of this by making jokes out of his nickame, turning 'Matty' into 'Madison' and the like. He is a pretty eloquent speaker, earning himself a spot on the debate team in school. However, he is pretty antisocial and hates having to interact with people for no reason at all.

Pairings:

Sam and Scott - Romantic
          Sam and Matthew - Somewhat like mother and son, in a way.
          Scott and Matthew - Brothers. Boys will be boys.

Wealthy Fairy

8,225 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Wealthy Fairy

8,225 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Wealthy Fairy

8,225 Points