Watching Joss Whedon shows 0.2962962962963 29.6% [ 8 ]
Men... wait, wut? 0.037037037037037 3.7% [ 1 ]
Cake. Always with the cake. 0.25925925925926 25.9% [ 7 ]
All of the above and maybe a minotaur 0.18518518518519 18.5% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 27 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 39 40 41 > >>

Questionable Streaker

CLOSED
A problem has been brought to my attention and it means that for this round, no AGWL points will be given out by me.

Welcome to LoperDoper's Something For Everybody writing contest!

The Something for Everybody writing contest aims to provide, well, Something for Everybody. It's a three category contest

You can enter any category with some Prose, Poetry, Script, Comic or Non-Fiction "Style". One winner shall receive 75k plus some interesting items.

Attention Contest Patrons!
This contest is part of the Anything Goes Writing League. This means that winners are eligible to receive league credits. Please see the Anything Goes Writing Contest & League thread for more information. I wish you luck in your pursuit of the Heinlein Prism. ~Wing

How To Enter
You can enter by posting in the thread, PM'ing me, Google Docs link, and email in certain circumstances.
All entries should have a title saying these things (Have this as a subject title on PM/email):
Username - Category # - Format - Title (optional)
So if I was entering something myself the entry would read
LoperDoper - Category One - Prose

RULES and Information
1. Entries must be of what you judge to be a reasonable length. If you believe you can ace a category prompt with 50 words, go ahead. Similiarily, if you think you require 145,000 words to cover a category prompt, then knock yourself out. However, as the oldies will know from experience (*scowls*), the longer an entry is the longer it'll take me to judge.
2. Entries need to be coherent, of decent grammar, and of good spelling. I'm a native English speaker, but I won't be unreasonably harsh on a misspelt word or two, however if the whole thing is written LyKe DiS <3333, I may have to refuse your entry.
3. The contest shall close on 5th August 2013. If I don't recieve enough entries, the competition shall continue for another month. I am incredibly relaxed about deadlines, and I'll happily extend the deadline for a few days whilst you perfect your entries.
4.A winner shall be chosen out of the entrants to the three categories. They shall recieve 75k plus some extra goodies. Any special mentions shall recieve a small prize of my choosing. I now give out AGWL points, which will be given out as I see fit.
5. If a Category calls for Poetry, I shall also accept Lyrics.
6. I would prefer not to see romance. A peck on the cheek and a hug is fine, but romance mostly makes me squirm.
7. You can enter every category once, and one category (of your choice) twice. However you can only recieve a special mention/win once.
8. Once the competition is over, I shall give feedback to those who ask for it via PM. All others shall receive small judging notes in white below their names.
9. People who entered into older competitions can enter again. Different prompts, different contest *shrugs*
10. In order to encourage more "alternative" entrants, ALL entrants who enter a Script/Comic/Non-Fiction "Style" will recieve 15k, on top of any other prize.

Scroll down the page to see the Categories, and enter away!

Questionable Streaker

Prose shall be given a score out of 100 based on:
Relevance to the prompt
Quality of writing
Originality of story
(if entering fanfic) How well it fits into the universe

Poetry shall be given a score out of 100 based on:
Relevance to the prompt
If I can understand it (Poetry isn't my strong point)
Rhythm (not necessarily rhyme)
(If entering fanfic) How well it fits into the universe

Comic shall be given a score out of 100 based on:
Relevance to the prompt
Originality of story
If applicable, quality of artwork

Script shall be given a score out of 100 based on:
Written in a clear format (I can see who is speaking etc.)
Relevance to the prompt
Originality of story
Characters relatable and realistic

Non-Fiction "Style" shall be given a score out of 100 based on:
Relevance to the prompt
Subject originality
Written in a clear format (Ideas organised etc)

ENTERING A COMIC
I understand that Comics take time to plan, draw, colour etc.
Because of this I will accept three "stages" of comics
1. A beautifully coloured, shaded and complete comic.
2. A mapped-out and generally sketched out pages. So I want to be able to see the circles that shall become people, and the speech bubbles, and where on a page they would lie.
2. A mapped-out and description on the boxes. So I want to see the boxes as they would appear on a page, with a text description of what would be seen in each box (Are they called frames?)
NON-FICTION "STYLE"
I know some out there are instead budding journalists. Therefore I am introducing a new type of entry.
I want these entries in the style of non-fiction. If my prompt calls for "aliens", for example, you could either do a realistic research piece on UFO sightings, or you could write an article set in an alternative reality about how human-alien relationships are growing in number.
You have to write it like a non-fiction piece, although it doesn't have to be exactly non-fiction.

Questionable Streaker

First Contest Winners:
Categories//Poetry//Prose - KurayamiYoshido//Yutora//InadvertantAngel
Honourable Mentions - Lahrette//Nui Kyrisa

Second Contest Winners:
Ysavvryl//Yutora
Honourable Mentions - OriginalSooshi//gloria_wong_91

Third Contest Winners:
emmapeelwannabe//Kimmi1994

Fourth Contest Winners:
Lyrisse
Honourable Mentions - KurayamiYoshido//The Solarised Night

Fifth Contest Winners:
Yutora
Honourable Mentions - Sharassein//Solar Reborn

Sixth Contest Winners:
Contest closes 5th July

Questionable Streaker

Category One

Write me something based on the song Set The Fire to the Third Bar by Snow Patrol
Bear in mind this is my FAVOURITE SONG EVER and I hold it dear to my heart.

I'll accept Chuck/Firefly/Dollhouse/Doctor Who/Sherlock/Supernatural/Charlie Jade* fanfiction for this (ask me if you want another fandom included)
Basically, if you follow me on tumblr and I blog about it, you can include it.

*extra prizes for CJ stuff

Entries:
None Yet

Questionable Streaker

Category Two

A piece that does nothing but says something. I want to have finished reading it and felt like very little happened but a lot was said.

Advice: Ever read American Gods? Something like that. A meandering story that isn't boring. It needs to be in testament to something, and/or is meant to achieve something. Your characters should represent someone or something in the way they act and speak, or be symbolic in some way.

Entries:
Yutora -- Fisheye Lens

Questionable Streaker

Category Three

I want a piece based off of a death trope from tvtropes. It must be listed either in the folders in the page I linked, or a trope from the "Categories" listed (i.e. if it's on the Murder Tropes page).

The title of your piece should be the trope you used.

You can use more than one trope if you wish, but don't be silly (unless you're writing a satire piece, of course). If that's the case, then your title doesn't have to be the names of the tropes, but you should at least tell me which tropes you're using.

I'll accept fanfiction from the list already mentioned in Category One

Entries:
Lahrette - Untitled (it's complicated)

Questionable Streaker

Donations.

It was always going to happen, face it.

I'm thinking to make this an ever-running thing, but I'm not made of money.
Donate to this contest?

Donators:
- Yutora
- The Benefactor

Questionable Streaker

Fifth Contest (ending some point in February) Critique:

- The Solarised Night / Solar Reborn - The Rouge Oppression: Ch: 1-6 (PM entry) Due to the length, I couldn't really "properly" read it. I missed some fine points, but overall the characters and writing style were interesting. 82/100
- Yutora - Lesson Number One [******** I...
Your language was rich and the characters blisteringly real. The scene where the woman put the gun in Vacio's mouth was just so gripping I read it more than once.
Relevant to the prompt, excellently written. 88/100
- Sharassein - [Untitled] Very rich description. You set the scene incredibly well in the first four paragraphs, however I found that this came slightly to its downfall when we came to the action - the pace remained just a bit too slow as you fought to add in as much description as possible. Despite this, a very good piece. 79/100

Questionable Streaker

PROMOTE US!
User Image
[url=http://tinyurl.com/czq72pn][img]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8i1v0RP4m1qc9eaq.png[/img][/url]

If you put our picture on your thread, we'll do the same!
----------Are you part of a magazine that allows advertisements? PM me!

User Image
Look for Yutora's writing contest

User Image

Questionable Streaker

~Watch this space~

Questionable Streaker

~Watch this space~

6,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Wall Street 200
LoperDoper
Category One
Formats Accepted: Script, Prose

Someone's drink is spiked. But, instead of making them pass out, be sick or generally feel ill, something very strange happens. What is it?

Prose shall be given a score out of 100 based on:
Relevance to the prompt
Quality of writing
Originality of story

Script shall be given a score out of 100 based on:
Written in a clear format (I can see who is speaking etc.)
Relevance to the prompt
Originality of story
Characters relatable and realistic

what do u mean with script(more details)
i know this is a test topic but i want to start working on this category right away
this is my first contest i ever join and i would like to know if there is a price
or a winner
tell me if u need gold to make bigger contests
i would love to help
and how much should i write
do u want it long and realistic or short and has a taste of poetry
i'll send u a pm for joining when u post this topic to public

Questionable Streaker

goldendaydream
what do u mean with script(more details)
i know this is a test topic but i want to start working on this category right away
this is my first contest i ever join and i would like to know if there is a price
or a winner
tell me if u need gold to make bigger contests
i would love to help
and how much should i write
do u want it long and realistic or short and has a taste of poetry
i'll send u a pm for joining when u post this topic to public
It's a script. I want you to write a script that could be used for a play, or video, that would relate to the prompt.
In the rules, it does say the first five categories have a 5k prize each for one winner, and are free to join.
You need to write enough to cover the prompt listed in the category.
This thread should be public once the moderators moved it, I've already requested for it to be moved.
You don't need to PM me to say you're joining. Just PM me/post in the thread with your entry.

Questionable Streaker

EDIT: I upped the prize money to 10k for the first five categories, I was being too tight.

Greedy Fatcat

Who will be judging?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas