Welcome to Gaia! ::

SHORT STORY CONTEST! the theme is simple. It can be anything but somewhere in there there has to be something about time travel. It can be anything, even just mentioning it (but that's not very creative, now is it?) well that's ur prompt. u have a week, which means October 3rd is the day ill show the results. plz put the stories in the thread below. thank u. emotion_dealwithit

Fashionable Humorist

I stood up, looking around. I had just slammed into the ground, and I can tell you first hand, that hurt really bad. I had walked up to some weird machine and after one simple little touch, one touch, I was pulled through some random portal and here I am standing up after slamming into the ground. I pulled out my IPod to check the time and I felt my heart stop for just a moment. It said the time I expected but not the day. It was 3 weeks later from when I had left and then about 15 years later. I looked around frantically and saw a woman with a baby in her arms. I ran over to her and with my arms flailing I started to tell her my story. She looked afraid of me, I suppose that my story was insane.
"please you have to help me," I told her when I finished my story.
"No I can't! You don't understand' she said looking around frantically. "I'm the you from the future. If you don't leave now you will be stuck here and I will dissapear!
Holy crap! What could I do? I swear I think I almost wet myself. She quickly grabbed my hand, and after adjusting the baby in her arms, she ran with me in tow. I have never seen a woman in heels holding a baby run that fast. If my brother was here he would say the whole her kitchen needs her joke that always manages to crack me up. She pulled me into a near by apartment building and ushered me into the basement, where the machine that had sent me here was sitting. She turned it on and told me to hurry. Right before my eyes I saw her start to dissolve in front of me!
"Hurry the hell up!," She yelled as she pushed me into the machine and I fell through.
I hit the ground and looked around. I was back in the place I had been before all of this. Well then, I should stop touching my dads things.
Phoenix-Fatality
I stood up, looking around. I had just slammed into the ground, and I can tell you first hand, that hurt really bad. I had walked up to some weird machine and after one simple little touch, one touch, I was pulled through some random portal and here I am standing up after slamming into the ground. I pulled out my IPod to check the time and I felt my heart stop for just a moment. It said the time I expected but not the day. It was 3 weeks later from when I had left and then about 15 years later. I looked around frantically and saw a woman with a baby in her arms. I ran over to her and with my arms flailing I started to tell her my story. She looked afraid of me, I suppose that my story was insane.
"No I can't! You don't understand' she said looking around frantically. "I'm the you from the future. If you don't leave now you will be stuck here and I will dissapear!
Holy crap! What could I do? I swear I think I almost wet myself. She quickly grabbed my hand, and after adjusting the baby in her arms, she ran with me in tow. I have never seen a woman in heels holding a baby run that fast. If my brother was here he would say the whole her kitchen needs her joke that always manages to crack me up. She pulled me into a near by apartment building and ushered me into the basement, where the machine that had sent me here was sitting. She turned it on and told me to hurry. Right before my eyes I saw her start to dissolve in front of me!
"Hurry the hell up!," She yelled as she pushed me into the machine and I fell through.
I hit the ground and looked around. I was back in the place I had been before all of this. Well then, I should stop touching my dads things.

nice, but could have been longer.
anyway, now that u participated could u plz recommend? (and read my story troy and guinevere in the writing arena)

Fashionable Humorist

NBS4
Phoenix-Fatality

nice, but could have been longer.
anyway, now that u participated could u plz recommend? (and read my story troy and guinevere in the writing arena)

Sorry I saw pressed for time but I will

Devoted Friend

10,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Can I use something I entered in a contest for my Guild?

It has never been used outside it.
Snowblazer
Can I use something I entered in a contest for my Guild?

It has never been used outside it.

if it has to do with time travel, then sure!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games