Welcome to Gaia! ::

Write me a well-written, truly scary, disturbing and/or sick-and-twisted short story. I can't stress well-written enough.

Your story should be at least 2000 words.

I will be grading on a scale of 100. Points will be deducted for grammatical/spelling errors (1 point per error).

I want these stories to give me nightmares. I need your best scary work - obviously the scariest story wins, unless there are far too many errors.

I'll give you some background on what I like and don't like.

Suspense.
Insanity/mental illness.
Clever twists.

Dislikes:
Ghost/haunting stories.
Run-of-the-mill zombies.
Slashers.

50 - fear factor
30 - writing style/length
20 - errors

I might update the list.

I'm hoping to get plenty of entrants, whose sn's I will post here:

WatermelonLover223
Rising Sunsets
Sphyxia
Cawnstellation

On July 3rd I'll post the ONE winner, provided there are enough entrants (at least 5).

The winner will recieve as much gold as I can give them, which is 35,000g. I might be able to get my far-richer friend to pitch in as much as 100,000 more, so don't shrug this off.

Have fun, and good luck!
Lol I don't know how many words there are lol but anyway :One day, there was a beautiful young girl who lived in a small town in West Virginia. It was her parents' anniversary, so they were going to be out all night. They instructed her to lock all of the windows and doors, and stay safe with her trusted dog. After they left, she went around the house, locking all the windows after she had locked the front and back doors. When she went to the basement, she was able to close all of the windows, except one, all the way in the back. It was so rusty, and she struggled and struggled but still was unable to close it all the way. She figured it should be fine since it was so hard to open, and it was hidden behind her mother's rosebush in the front yard, anyway.
She went back upstairs, and sat on the couch watching T.V. with her dog. He licked her hand to show that he was ready to protect her.
At about midnight, she decided that it was time to turn in for the night so she went upstairs and got in to bed with her dog laying beside the bed. She was about to fall asleep, but was still a little nervous, so she leaned her hand over the side of the bed and her dog licked her hand.
She fell fast asleep.
Then, she awoke abruptly. She turned to the clock, and it read 1:58. She wondered what had woke her, and then heard a faint drip...drip...drip...drip...drip coming from the bathroom adjacent to her room. She sighed, and figured she's forgotten to close the sink tightly when she brushed her teeth. She was still a little shaken though, and began thinking about that window in the basement, but then leaned her hand over to the side and when her dog licked it, she knew that she was safe, so she fell fast asleep.
3:34 was what the clock read when she awoke again. She still heard the same noise.
Drip...Drip...Drip...Drip...Drip...Driā€¦
'Daddy is going to have to fix that pesky faucet when he gets back tomorrow!' she thought annoyed. She leaned her hand over once more, and when her dog licked it, she fell right to sleep.
At 5:08 she could take no more. She threw off the covers abruptly and hopped out of bed. She stomped to the bathroom and threw open the door. What she saw forced a bloodcurdling scream from her lungs. Her dog, skinned and lifeless lay limp over the shower rod, it's blood dripping. Drip...drip...drip..drip...drip... when she heard the dripping again, she looked down at her feet, which were now immersed in the puddle of blood that had covered the entire bathroom floor. That was the dripping sound.
The scream did not come from the sight of her dead dog though, the scream came from the note that was left.
There, on the mirror written in the dog's blood was this message:
HUMANS CAN LICK TOO
TakeAChanceOnMe123

Sorry, I can't accept this entry. It's less than 2000 words and has formatting issues. I know I didn't include specifics on formatting, but this is a little too sloppy.

Neaten it up, revise it, and make it at least 2000 words and you've got yourself an entry.
toolpot462
TakeAChanceOnMe123

Sorry, I can't accept this entry. It's less than 2000 words and has formatting issues. I know I didn't include specifics on formatting, but this is a little too sloppy.

Neaten it up, revise it, and make it at least 2000 words and you've got yourself an entry.

Dude!!! Sorry About that! i let my Lil Bro Use this so...It was his idea xD ! I was in the shower When he did this LOL!
TakeAChanceOnMe123
Lol I don't know how many words there are lol but anyway :One day, there was a beautiful young girl who lived in a small town in West Virginia. It was her parents' anniversary, so they were going to be out all night. They instructed her to lock all of the windows and doors, and stay safe with her trusted dog. After they left, she went around the house, locking all the windows after she had locked the front and back doors. When she went to the basement, she was able to close all of the windows, except one, all the way in the back. It was so rusty, and she struggled and struggled but still was unable to close it all the way. She figured it should be fine since it was so hard to open, and it was hidden behind her mother's rosebush in the front yard, anyway.
She went back upstairs, and sat on the couch watching T.V. with her dog. He licked her hand to show that he was ready to protect her.
At about midnight, she decided that it was time to turn in for the night so she went upstairs and got in to bed with her dog laying beside the bed. She was about to fall asleep, but was still a little nervous, so she leaned her hand over the side of the bed and her dog licked her hand.
She fell fast asleep.
Then, she awoke abruptly. She turned to the clock, and it read 1:58. She wondered what had woke her, and then heard a faint drip...drip...drip...drip...drip coming from the bathroom adjacent to her room. She sighed, and figured she's forgotten to close the sink tightly when she brushed her teeth. She was still a little shaken though, and began thinking about that window in the basement, but then leaned her hand over to the side and when her dog licked it, she knew that she was safe, so she fell fast asleep.
3:34 was what the clock read when she awoke again. She still heard the same noise.
Drip...Drip...Drip...Drip...Drip...Driā€¦
'Daddy is going to have to fix that pesky faucet when he gets back tomorrow!' she thought annoyed. She leaned her hand over once more, and when her dog licked it, she fell right to sleep.
At 5:08 she could take no more. She threw off the covers abruptly and hopped out of bed. She stomped to the bathroom and threw open the door. What she saw forced a bloodcurdling scream from her lungs. Her dog, skinned and lifeless lay limp over the shower rod, it's blood dripping. Drip...drip...drip..drip...drip... when she heard the dripping again, she looked down at her feet, which were now immersed in the puddle of blood that had covered the entire bathroom floor. That was the dripping sound.
The scream did not come from the sight of her dead dog though, the scream came from the note that was left.
There, on the mirror written in the dog's blood was this message:
HUMANS CAN LICK TOO

I hope you know that you can get this story off of the internet. I have read it and heard if it a many times.

Wheezing Gaian

2,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Hygienic 200
Hmmm.. I might join in! I'll send you mines when it's ready.

Invisible Friend

This sounds interesting. I'll see if I can come up with anything for it. smile

CountX's Honey Bun

Friendly Tipper

Can we submit more than one story? I have two ideas I'd like to get out.
Also, is it alright if it's based off a nightmare? I still have nightmares about it because it's just so freaking vivid, and it has so many people I actually know in real life, plus I'm about to fulfill a role that sort of begins the whole series of events. Dx
Utziel
Can we submit more than one story? I have two ideas I'd like to get out.
Also, is it alright if it's based off a nightmare? I still have nightmares about it because it's just so freaking vivid, and it has so many people I actually know in real life, plus I'm about to fulfill a role that sort of begins the whole series of events. Dx

Only one entry, sorry. I know I didn't say anything about it. I probably should have clarified.

However, you certainly can base the story on a nightmare. I had a sweet zombie nightmare once.. not your typical zombies. Maybe I'll write something and post it for the novelty.

CountX's Honey Bun

Friendly Tipper

toolpot462
Only one entry, sorry. I know I didn't say anything about it. I probably should have clarified.

However, you certainly can base the story on a nightmare. I had a sweet zombie nightmare once.. not your typical zombies. Maybe I'll write something and post it for the novelty.

Alright, and would you prefer to have the contestants post the story in here, or PM it to you?
Utziel
toolpot462

Alright, and would you prefer to have the contestants post the story in here, or PM it to you?

I'd prefer it posted here, but I guess either is fine.
Hey! I would like to enter. Ill write something up here right away. Just letting you know smile biggrin
WatermelonLover223
Hey! I would like to enter. Ill write something up here right away. Just letting you know smile biggrin

Fon't be too hasty.
toolpot462
WatermelonLover223

Fon't be too hasty.

Is it okay if its only around 1000 words? question
I'll be entering soon. Can't wait to post up my entry.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff