- Posted: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 05:27:27 +0000
Riddle Me An Answer
During a party of drinks and class, the lady of the household steps forth before her guests and raises a glass full of blood-red liquid. Her lips twitch to a knowing smirk and she sips from it.
"To those who ought challenge me, answer but a simple riddle." She smiled again and watched the silence befall the room. Another sip of wine and a pause of silence broken by thunder.
"Many men, women, and children have heard my mind-bender. Only one has ever answered it correctly. Any who can answer as did they, will recieve his reward. I'd give the riddle to you, if you wish."
A murmur of consent and she downed the glass of wine before telling her testing teaser in a whisper.
"1 door closes, 9 open. When 9 close, 1 door opens. What is it?" At the quiet she smiled. "To hard for you? How about another? What word breaks when you say it?"
There were confused glances to be held. Even the waiter was staring, puzzling behind his gray eyes. Pleased with herself, the Lady Eviera sat down and asked for another glass of wine.
"Oh. And you may not leave until somebody has answered."
A wave of outrage befell the room. A pompous man in a burgendy coat stood with heated eyes. "This is a trap! You, Lady Eviera are a swindeler!"
"No Trap, persay. Just a game between friends."
Lightining thundered behind her.
I have given you two riddles. The first to answer either gets the prize of gold. My catch? Whomever answers the first wins more gold, I have created my own answer to it. Your prize depends on how many people enter or donate.
As of now, the prize is 1400 gold. Good luck puzzling.
Contest closes January first, Midnight. Happy New Year. wink
1. Pay 200 gold for unlimited guesses. This gold adds to your prize. The more people who enter and pay, the greater the prize goes up.
2. You MUST follow the story line I have set up. Create you're own character, you're own theatrics, but follow the beginning I have set up. It's more fun that way!
3. People who enter a guess and have not paid (even if they get the answer right) will be ignored. cry Please pay.
4. PM'd answers will be ignored.
5. Pm'd question/hints/bribes for the answer will be ignored and will leave the messanger disqualified. If you have paid your entry, you will not get it back. I'm sorry to be such a hard nose about this, but it's only fair to the others.
6. Enjoy being stumped!
The contest has been won! In much shorter a span than I would have imagined, or wanted. But it has indeed been won! Join us now, for free, and guess our riddles if you will. It's more fun with more people! Create a name, continue theatric, no prize, no fee, just fun!