Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Loiterer

Hullo everyone! I was scrolling through this forum looking for something to do, when I realised none of the competitions really interested me.

Because I get bored way too easy, and because I recently inherited a few hundred thousand gaia gold, I think I should hold my very own contest!

If you're still interested at all, feel free to read on..

1. Introduction
2. Prizes
3. Rules
4. Contest 1
5. Contest 2
6. Contest 3
7. About Me
8. Entrants

Invisible Loiterer

Prizes

1st - 35K
        2nd - 20K
        3rd - 10K
        HM - 5K

1. Introduction
2. Prizes
3. Rules
4. Contest 1
5. Contest 2
6. Contest 3
7. About Me
8. Entrants

Invisible Loiterer

Rules

1. If you are mean in any way, take the piss out of someone else's work or are generally a douchebag, you will be reported and will not be permitted to enter this competition
        2. Don't moan if you don't agree with my ruling or opinion; my contest, my opinion, my choice
        3. I will be using a grading system. You will get points for grammar, content, how interesting I find your piece, and originality
        4. The deadline depends on how many people enter. If only a few people enter it will end pretty quickly, and I may downgrade the prizes. If a decent amount enter it will most likely be the 12th May
        5. I wont be online for a week before the deadline (much) as I have two exams that week
        6. The judging could take up to a week; be patient, I'll be drunk most of the week so finding periods where I am not may be brief. Or I can take them to work to judge
        7. Please post your entries in the test forums and then quote me with a link, so I may add your link to the entrants list
        8. The rules may be added to, although probably not
        9. These don't seem to rules even though that's what I set out to make, sorry
        10. I like the number ten

1. Introduction
2. Prizes
3. Rules
4. Contest 1
5. Contest 2
6. Contest 3
7. About Me
8. Entrants

Invisible Loiterer

Contest One
        Prose, Poetry

In this contest, you may choose a subject of your choice. I'd request you write over 500 words if you're choosing prose, and I don't really have a limit. Just don't be too excessive.

This post looks small, therefore I shall now make a list of things I like.
        Pandas, Penguins, Lions, Music, Technology, Chocolate, Sweets, Crisps, Food in general, Cars (particularly my own red one)

1. Introduction
2. Prizes
3. Rules
4. Contest 1
5. Contest 2
6. Contest 3
7. About Me
8. Entrants

Invisible Loiterer

Contest Two
        Prose, Poetry

You may choose between three prompts. Write as much as you want, or as little.

Prompt One; Prose Only
        You're sitting in a park with only three items. All three items must be included and be intricate parts of the story. Okay maybe not intricate, but they must have something to do with the story. I'll be checking your story to make sure your character only has three items on their person. (items do not include any item of clothing, excluding sunglasses, or bag. If they have a bag it doesn't count because that's where they might keep their other items.)

Prompt Two;
        It's raining, you're somewhere dark, and you're a little scared. Anything else is up to you. Whether you stay scared or realise you're being silly is up to you. Or you may escape the rain, who knows?

Prompt Three;
        Anything to do with the photo below. no matter how obscure it is. For example, the only thing the same could be that there is a bench in your story, as there is in the photo.
        User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

1. Introduction
2. Prizes
3. Rules
4. Contest 1
5. Contest 2
6. Contest 3
7. About Me
8. Entrants

Invisible Loiterer

Contest Three
Prose

This contest is one which is slightly different to most. instead of a prompt, or letting you choose a subject of your choice, I want you to write the next part of something I have already written.

This is something I wrote over a year ago now, and I found it the other day saved on a writing site. I can't remember how I wanted the story to go on, or end, so I would like to see how other people would continue.

You can use this as a prologue, as I planned to, or you could just continue as if your first paragraph is the one right after my last. Don't worry if we have different styles (i.e. if you write with longer sentences than my uber short ones), it won't make a difference to how much I like it. I'd like between 500 and 1000 words, however if you are slightly over/under I won't mind too much.

So, here it is;

Quote:
He stares at me, a sly grin on his face, and I can almost see the thoughts running through his mind.

You’ll never be good enough for them.

Clenching my fists, I watch as he tightens his jaw, all signs of happiness gone from his face. He’s angry now, I can tell. He’s bi-polar, with a hint of schizophrenia. But I always know how he feels.

Licking my chapped lips, I watch as he mimics my every movement. It’s hard not to it out, to ruin his perfect face.

I want to ram my fist into his jaw, to somehow cut through skin and scar him. Or maybe I can give him a black eye, so people won’t notice the glistening brown irises anymore. Even better, I can break his nose.

No one likes a perfect face. Sure, it’s nice to look at, but it makes him unapproachable. I know he hates it. We both want his face marred with some imperfection, but neither of us will ever get that wish. The corner of his mouth twitches up, and I stare at it.

Maybe we should switch places. I bet they wouldn’t even notice. Your parents I mean. They would just think you had become a better son.

I can hear his voice pounding in my head, but his lips don’t move from their half smile. I want to knock it off his face, but I know his words are true. They would be so much better off with him.

So how do you want to do it Noah? You know how easy it can be, but we both know you never choose the easy option. You never choose the option I put before you.

His mouth turns down at the corners, and I look down at my own hands. They are shaking, begging me to let them be of use. It is as if they have a mind of their own, and they want to hit him so badly.

“Not yet,” I murmur to myself, willing my hands to be still. My whisper lingers in the air for a second longer than I deem necessary, causing a small shiver to run down my back. I raise my eyes back to the form in front of me.

Casting my view over his perfectly sculpted dark hair, I hold in a sigh. His tanned skin, dark hair, and light brown eyes all give off the impression that he had grown up in an exotic place such as Italy. We both know he was originally from Ireland though.

Unfortunate is the way people described him. Such a pretty face, yet one which gave away so much. His hair is as different from his parents red locks as possible, and he has never had so much as one patch of sunburnt skin in his life. It is these qualities that set him apart from his entire family. He shares their genetics, yet couldn’t be more different from them all.

I could be a much better son than you. Admit it, you make your parents unhappy. I could make them happy again. I could show them what it’s like to have a grateful son.

I tense. Enough is enough. I am thoroughly sick of hearing his voice vibrate through my skull now, sick of having to listen to his sick thoughts. Clenching my hand into a fist, I pull my arm back and then throw it at his face.

As the mirror smashes into a million tiny pieces, and blood trickles down my knuckles, I smile. He’s gone now.

1. Introduction
2. Prizes
3. Rules
4. Contest 1
5. Contest 2
6. Contest 3
7. About Me
8. Entrants

Invisible Loiterer

About Me

I don't like immature work, as I'm eighteen years of age. That's not to say I love mature content, I just don't like overly young writing. You know what I mean.

I don't exactly have a favourite style of writing, I pretty much like anything... But I do like prose more than poetry (simply because I can't do poetry myself).

I like the colours red, green, purple and black. Because I'm weird. If you can get a character with a hair colour like this (I only really added black to make this easier) it won't do you any harm.

I'm not really a fan of sci-fi. And I'm currently very interested in books with things like magic, vampires, angels etc. in them. Which isn't to say I don't like other subjects, because I'm just an overall bookworm.

I can't think of anything else to say, so just ask me any questions you want.

1. Introduction
2. Prizes
3. Rules
4. Contest 1
5. Contest 2
6. Contest 3
7. About Me
8. Entrants

Invisible Loiterer

Entrants

None yet~

1. Introduction