Just wanna read the entries. 0.20338983050847 20.3% [ 24 ]
Total Votes:[ 118 ]
< 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11 >

8,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
alchemic keyblade
Is crossover Fanfic OK? stare I'm really interested in the rating I would get almost more than the prize. So I'll check back later with your answer.

This is for origonal prose only. If you have any of your own prologues you can post them, but fanfics are not origonal and one of the most important thing in the ratings will be origonality, {"Prologue is interesting and original"} otherwise your down on the lowest parts.{7-5)

On a scale of 1-10 it would be a good rating. ^^;

8,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Lina-kun
Hey, has Alexial Rose already submitted the prologue? neutral

No, not yet.
(-I'd [rather] be --paint--ing.+._.(

Is it possible to have entered and judge? I know I wouldn't be able to judge my own, but I still wonder.

){.+.`. th*e sunset with my own blo-=-od __.|]

8,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Mephistophelian Sociopath

Is it possible to have entered and judge? I know I wouldn't be able to judge my own, but I still wonder.

No, judges are for those who have not entered. However you can pull out, delete your entry, and judge. But not both. Its unfair, all judges must give equal attention to every entry and if you are competing, even if you do not judge your own, you will not view others like you would if they were not your competitors. You may think you would, but you wouldn't.

I don't pretend to know you, or question your abuility to judge, but noone would ever know if you placed high, or if they placed low because you helped to judge.

Ah, just checking. I'd rather just keep my piece in then.

Everyone is doing good! Keep it up!
silent_sara
Lina-kun

No, not yet.

*sighs* I figured as much; sometimes, she's such a goldfish. I'm coauthor of the novel that the prologue is coming from. Would it be all right if I entered the prologue in Alexial's place?
This is the perfect contest for me! I love writing prolouges!
I may not be very good at it, though...
Anyway, I'll write up an entry, and if I like it enough, I'll enter it into the contest! ^^
I'll enter. I'll post my prologue, then pay you, ok?

Here it is:

Kerron watched the dance with little interest. They were all the same-see one and you’ve seen them all. Then something caught his eye. A flash of colour in an otherwise drab place. There it was again. It was a person, a girl! Without giving a thought as to how she got in (it was easy to see she was skilled at capturing people’s attention, and therefore could, theoretically, get in anywhere) Kerron noticed how she had the guards-and anyone else who looked-captivated. Including him. The way she twirled, round and round, seeming not to have a care in the world. It was captivating, “Who’s she?” He asked, but don’t know if any one heard him. Colours blur at the edges, merging into one, until all he could see was this girl, this strange girl with bright clothes and a captivating dance, until everything went black.

If you looked around the market place, you would see the usual-traders shouting to be heard, trying to best each other in their offers of “buy one get one free!” and “practically giving these away!” all dressed in what they thought was brightly coloured clothing-reds and blues and greens. Then let us choose a stall at random-say that one right at the centre of the market-and take a closer look. What’s for sale at this one? Seems to be just junk, bits and bobs nobody wants, nobody needs, but people buy anyway, because of the allure of being able to buy something because you can. Shifting through the mess, you’d pick out a toy doll missing and arm, an old, torn book, a wind-up mouse, old paint, basically anything you’d never really want or need. Now, lets take a look at the trader, the owners of this stall, shall we? The first thing you notice, not the lights in the hair, not the blue-green-grey eyes, not even the fact that she’s a girl when all other traders are men, no. The first thing you would notice is her clothes. Don’t know why, though. They aren’t even in especially unusual condition. But now you see why you were attracted. They are colourful. Bright, multi-coloured pieces of artwork all in themselves, these seem not to be repaired with the odd bit of cloth, but seem to be made of patches. They are frayed at the edges, with no stitches to think off, and yet this just seems to add to their allure, not take away from it, as it would on any other clothes. This stall-holder-this girl, for she cannot be more than 15-has a long trench coat made in this way, and her trousers are too, their overly-sized flares, piling on the table and she lifts her legs up. She noticed you looking. Turn away, quick. But try as you might, you can’t stop you self from staring, from reaching out a hand to see what these strange, these wonderful clothes feel like. Just as your hand reaches out, she slaps it away “Oi! No touching!” and the spell is broken. You look up from where you were about to touch the trousers, and see this person smiling at you. She takes her legs down form the table, and crosses them under herself, getting into a more comfortable position, “So, you’re new around here,” she says, just waving away the people she was talking to before, and they drift off, just happy she noticed them, in their dull clothes, for that is true, you notice, all people’s clothes are dull, all except this girl’s here, the bright ones that so captivated you not a minute before, “Hey, I asked you a question! Where you from?” Without looking, you can tell she means it as a joke, for she, you here and now see, is grinning, “You’re new. I always get to know every one, and start as early as possible.” When you still don’t answer, she sighs, common annoyance in her face, “Lets start with the basics, shall we? My name is Cassandra, although everyone calls me Cass. And you have a name, I presume? What is it?” You try to answer, but find yourself tongue-tied, your eyes, while no, longer on her clothes, on her hair. Strange lights move through it, and it now turns grey-blue with exasperation, while before it was light blue with annoyance. She picks it up, shoulder-length it is, and holds it away from her head, “Maybe if I cut it off, then you’ll be able to concentrate then?” and proceeds to search her stall for some scissors.
You manage to find your voice, not able to bare the thought of that hair being simply shorn off, it falling to the ground, the lights dieing, slowly fading away, till you are just left with plain hair, lying on the floor in the muck, “Kerron,” you lick your lips, your mouth suddenly dry, “My name’s Kerron,” moving away from her hair, in a vain attempt to rescue yourself, climb out of this hole you have dug, you look at her face. Chin, mouth, nose, all normal. Even the eyebrows are ok. Just plain, nothing special. Then you look at her eyes, and everything changes. Colours start to blur around you, you feel yourself falling, falling down into the pitch black, where only she has colour, the only light in the dark, terrible place…

Looking over at the sleeping Kerron, Cass, the colourful girl, who captivates people, full of charisma and empathy, was worried. Not because the boy, for he was only 16 to 17, just a boy, had fainted, as he hadn’t suffered serious damage, just a couple of light bruises that hardly needed her tough to calm them down. But because he couldn’t take his eyes off her. It wasn’t an intimidating look; she wasn’t worried about him being in her room, sleeping. But it was wide eyed, a look that she had only seen once before, turning her insides to jelly, and he legs weak, and it had ended up killing her. Literally. The only reason she was alive at all was that she found that Death didn’t like his realm being decorating in shades of multi-colour. What a pity. She could have made it look nice.
The wide-eyed look was worrying because it meant he had been captivated by her, like he had, a lifetime before, at that ball, when she had been in a fight with her murder, her first lover, and had gone to that ball to escape. It was worrying because her murder, the one she had loved once before, was Kerron’s brother, and Kerron the brother of him. It meant that he couldn’t resist her, not for long, and she had trouble not liking him back. But it couldn’t happen again. She may not be able to get a ticket back to life this time, if she was killed. Kerron shifted, moaning slightly. Warble had given him some potion that she said would stop him staring at Cass, and not be so entranced by her every move. It would come out eventually, as it always did, but not until they were both ready for it. He would also not remember, if the potion worked properly, and of the little episode. Kerron turned over again. He was about to wake, so Cass got up to leave, saying, “I’m not ready yet, please, make him forget,” and pushed open the tent flap, out into the sunlight.

Paid.
I'll join up, sweets! Do I pay you through trade or what? stare *confused*
silent_sara
funkylizard
this contest sucks, domokun

The suction ability of my contest is not in question here... *shifty eyes* Who are you to be making these accusations?! Are you from the suction police? I swear I paid those fines! I demand to see some form of identification! rofl

LOL Rin-chan, I love you! whee
I guess I'll be sending the entry fee through trade then in about a minute xp You can send it on then wherever it's supposed to go or what not. Prologue to my novel - not long, I know, and it doesn't explain much - which is why people need to keep reading. wink

Tales of Destiny
Prologue

“…From the dark I feel your lips
and taste your bloody kiss."
-Type O Negative

He stepped out onto the pavement, clad completely from head-to-toe in black. He was the shadows, the night itself. Cloaked in his habitat– disguised. Bowing his head, he walked in silence down the streets – ignoring the drunken hooligans partying outside the Merlin bar. It was late, the sky dark and slowly bleeding into the crescent moon – hiding it from view with dark storm clouds blowing across the horizon.

His lips were full and red, puckered slightly still. He tried in vain to wipe away the blood settling around his mouth. Since it was definitely staying there, his lips would remain full and his face pale. He could smell the coppery scent of blood and it clawed at his mind, trying to get him to drink more. He wouldn’t give his instincts the satisfaction. Instead he licked his lips and continued walking, tilting his face heavenward so the moonshine caught him in the face, accentuating his features.
His eyes were hidden by ear-length brown hair, a tan slowly creeping up on his cheeks after the blood scent faded. His lips were no longer a violent red and were now duller in colour; the fangs that had been slightly indenting his lower lip vanished from sight.
He stuffed his hands in his leather trench coat pockets, staring up at the moon. Tonight it had an aura, encircling it like a faint rainbow glistening in the night sky. The stars were beginning to come out, glowing softly like fireflies. A cliché, he knew. Lowering his eyes, the boy kept on walking.

He seemed around seventeen, with very good looks and a dark sense of dress. People stared at him almost in awe and parted for him as he walked down the street, facing the road ahead. Traffic lights shone golden and green, but never red. He found himself both impatiently waiting to cross and occasionally blinded by the force of the lights. His eyes were too sensitive and he recoiled every time a headlight illuminated his face, hissing. He’d gotten used to being in daylight, but at night time he wasn’t used to bright lights that caught him off guard. He had to keep reminding himself that this wasn’t his world anymore, not now that technology had won it over.

Some more sots were gathering outside the Merlin, chorusing a football chant hours after the latest match. They were waving beer bottles like foam hands at a stadium, cheering. The boy scowled and faced away, keeping his eyes to the ground. Finally the cars halted at the traffic lights, and he and a few other pedestrians stepped across. When the blare of artificial light was gone and he was greeted by a darkened street, he grinned genuinely. After a good night’s feeding, he could get a good night’s rest at Leo’s house – finally, some peace and quiet.
The other people turned left and right while he continued walking straight, his eyes flashing in the darkness. It wouldn’t be long until he was home and he could rest – he was so tired…

That was when he saw her. It was like a recurring memory running on a loop inside his brain, flickering and fading whenever it saw fit. At first, all he noticed was that he was not the only one walking down the street. There was someone just up ahead of him – a girl. He couldn’t see her well in the absence of light but she must have been around sixteen. When he got closer, he saw she had brown hair with wisps of natural gold. She was walking arm-in-arm with a friend – a boy about her own age. From the way he spoke and acted, he could tell at a distance that the boy was gay. That settled the burning feeling beginning to rise in his stomach. His heart thumped wildly in his chest, his throat suddenly going dry. He knew her. He knew her from so long ago…
He saw her eyes then. Bright blue, the colour of agate crystal. Just like his own. The boy gibbered for a moment, about to say something, when she blushed and turned away – putting her attention into her friend. He opened his mouth again, about to catch her arm, when he noticed that he had hesitated too long and she was walking away.

It was as if his heart had been ripped out and shattered into a thousand pieces. He wanted to go after her – he wanted to hold her in his arms like he had so many times before… except she wouldn’t remember the times he’d held her. She wouldn’t remember a thing about him. “D-Destiny…” he whispered, watching her cross the street he had before, her hair lit up in the amber streetlamps. It shone like the moonshine.
His throat knotted up and for a moment he was just standing there, at a loss. And then all he could think of – all he could say – was her name. “Destiny,” All of a sudden he knew, without moving from this spot, that he wasn’t leaving without her. He’d found her– on one of the days when he hadn’t actually been looking for her, he’d found her. And he wasn’t ready to let her go…

heart Continue reading? heart
Go here: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/32018330/

Runs up until the eleventh chapter.
(This section is actually the prologue of Tales of Destiny, not part of the chapter as it comes up on the link. It's been under edits since posted on deviantart.com)

8,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Lina-kun
silent_sara
Lina-kun

No, not yet.

*sighs* I figured as much; sometimes, she's such a goldfish. I'm coauthor of the novel that the prologue is coming from. Would it be all right if I entered the prologue in Alexial's place?

Thats perfectly fine. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces