Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Businesswoman

I've established this thread for one reason: to encourage critiquing in the original poetry and lyrics forum. This contest will judge how you critique a poem or lyric rather than be a contest based solely on poetic skills. Everyone who posts under the terms and rules will receive a gold prize from 500 to 1000 gold. My hope is that this will encourage people to critique not just for their own benefit but for the author who is being critiqued.

Dapper Businesswoman

Rules

1. In order to receive the prize money, you must follow all these rules. Constant infractions of these rules will result in you being banned from the thread.

2. The critique written must be at least three paragraphs long with at least five sentences in each paragraph.

3. The poem must not have any critiques before your critique is made, otherwise I will ignore it.

4. Use as much correct spelling and grammar to the best of your abilities when posting your critique.

5. The critique must contain constructive criticism. To refer of what constitutes as constructive, please refer to the stickies located in the original poetry lyrics forum. Oh by the way in your first post that you make please put "Have you ever thunkt?"

6. The thread that you post your critique in must be in the original poetry and lyrics forum on Gaia.

7. When your critique is finished, post the link to the thread in this thread, I will review it then send the trade.

8. You can post critiques as many times as you want, there is no limit to what you can earn.

9. If you do not accept the trade within two weeks, it will be canceled unless their are circumstances.

10. You can private message me anytime if you have questions or issues, don't be afraid I do not bite. On second thought, post in your first post "Peace".

Dapper Businesswoman

White List:
Mahayr
il fault
Pandella

Black List:

Donations:
25,000g+-WW&CCF/Mahayr
123456g-il fault
10,000g-Pandella

Current Funds:

Dapper Businesswoman

Dapper Businesswoman

Dapper Businesswoman

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Fully endorsed by the WW&CCF (not that means any huge deal hahaha!).
kiss

Dapper Businesswoman

Mahayr
Fully endorsed by the WW&CCF (not that means any huge deal hahaha!).
kiss

Thanks.
<3

Dapper Businesswoman

Dapper Businesswoman

Proxy Autobiographer

7,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Conventioneer 300
I heart you. xd

Godspeed to all the contestants!
Have you ever thunkt? This is probably a stupid question, but I want to confirm. You don't count comments like "wow, that was so beautiful" as critiques, right? Do you count all critiques as invalidated one of these critiques (like, wow that's sooo good, but I think you have a typo" wink ? And finally, if I'm going a little slow and someone gets in a critique while I'm working on one, should I just consider that a pro bono critique? Wow, I sound like such a greedy money-grubber. Sorry, for the stupid questions. I'm new so I'm just a little hesitant. Peace.

Dapper Businesswoman

Evadne Pudding
Have you ever thunkt? This is probably a stupid question, but I want to confirm. You don't count comments like "wow, that was so beautiful" as critiques, right?

Yes.

Quote:

Do you count all critiques as invalidated one of these critiques (like, wow that's sooo good, but I think you have a typo" wink ?

They have to be the same format as the parameters stated in the rules post.

Quote:
And finally, if I'm going a little slow and someone gets in a critique while I'm working on one, should I just consider that a pro bono critique?

Yes, the reason being that I don't want people to piggy back and then they are forced to focus on some other poem

Quote:

Wow, I sound like such a greedy money-grubber. Sorry, for the stupid questions. I'm new so I'm just a little hesitant. Peace.

Don't be sorry, they are all intelligent questions.

<3
This is a good idea. Sadly, I have an epic fail when it comes to poems and lyrics. T-T

Dapper Businesswoman

Chibi Envy Chan
This is a good idea. Sadly, I have an epic fail when it comes to poems and lyrics. T-T

Come on, give it a try.

;D

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas