I've established this thread for one reason: to encourage critiquing in the original poetry and lyrics forum. This contest will judge how you critique a poem or lyric rather than be a contest based solely on poetic skills. Everyone who posts under the terms and rules will receive a gold prize from 500 to 1000 gold. My hope is that this will encourage people to critique not just for their own benefit but for the author who is being critiqued.
1. In order to receive the prize money, you must follow all these rules. Constant infractions of these rules will result in you being banned from the thread.
2. The critique written must be at least three paragraphs long with at least five sentences in each paragraph.
3. The poem must not have any critiques before your critique is made, otherwise I will ignore it.
4. Use as much correct spelling and grammar to the best of your abilities when posting your critique.
5. The critique must contain constructive criticism. To refer of what constitutes as constructive, please refer to the stickies located in the original poetry lyrics forum. Oh by the way in your first post that you make please put "Have you ever thunkt?"
6. The thread that you post your critique in must be in the original poetry and lyrics forum on Gaia.
7. When your critique is finished, post the link to the thread in this thread, I will review it then send the trade.
8. You can post critiques as many times as you want, there is no limit to what you can earn.
9. If you do not accept the trade within two weeks, it will be canceled unless their are circumstances.
10. You can private message me anytime if you have questions or issues, don't be afraid I do not bite. On second thought, post in your first post "Peace".
Have you ever thunkt? This is probably a stupid question, but I want to confirm. You don't count comments like "wow, that was so beautiful" as critiques, right? Do you count all critiques as invalidated one of these critiques (like, wow that's sooo good, but I think you have a typo"wink? And finally, if I'm going a little slow and someone gets in a critique while I'm working on one, should I just consider that a pro bono critique? Wow, I sound like such a greedy money-grubber. Sorry, for the stupid questions. I'm new so I'm just a little hesitant. Peace.