Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Dabbler

3,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
September, 2005 - The Original Collosseum Main thread!
See pages 90 - 93 if you can stand hysterics without p***** yourself!
The Original Dueling Grounds!
May, 2006 - Colosseum II
Colosseum II Dueling Grounds

THE POETRY COLOSSEUM III

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Navigation
Table of Contents
1st post: Welcome / Rules / Forms / Links
2nd post: Q&A / Prizes & Bonus Winnings - Torches_Of_Nero
3rd post: Judge Central
4th Post: More Judge Central / Criteria Suggestions - Sqarr
5th Post: Current Duels
6th Post: Dedications/ Foundation Information - Sqarr
7th Post: Worthy of Posterity / Colosseum I, II History
8th Post: Reserved
9th Post: Reserved
10th Post: Reserved

Announcements

Hello, and welcome to the Colosseum! Here, poets test their lyrical mettle by betting their own items/gold against each other in duels of poetic skill.

The Colosseum is always open for bloodshed!* twisted

Duels will be conducted in The Colosseum: Dueling Grounds

Rules
Penden
Here you can challenge other poets to a friendly or not so friendly duel. It will be like sports, or like tigers defending their turf: there will be the defenders (the home team) and challengers. Defenders put out a challenge to the whole forum but depend on a challenger to take them up on it. And just like defenders in the wild, you must take on every challenger that comes at you, otherwise your territory is taken over by default.

Steps
Dueling in 7 easy steps

1. Defender posts their listing
  2. Challenger posts a Challenge.
    • This is done by filling out the form below.
  3. Defender posts an Acceptance.
    • There's a form below for this as well. ~_^
  4. Judge posts the Enguarde! in both the Dueling Grounds and the Main thread (this one).
    • An Enguarde! is a post listing the names of the Duelists, the amount of their bet and the terms of the duel. The duel poems may not be posted until the Enguarde! is up. Think of it as a Judge's Acceptance.
  5. Duelists send the Judge the judging fee, plus the gold and/or items bet in the duel.
    • NOTA BENE! - This can be done any time after the Defender has Accepted the terms of the duel. Keep in mind that
Judges MAY NOT PASS JUDGMENT UNLESS THEY ARE PAID.
  • Duelists post battle poems.
    • Even if your poem is much better than your opponent's in terms of quality, it must abide by the terms of the duel or you might lose by being disqualified.
  • Judge posts judgment and/or critique, and sends the bet items/gold to the winner.

At each step in the process, you may PM the other person to let them know they have been Challenged, Accepted, hired as a Judge, etc. This will help speed things up, as not everyone visits the thread every day!

• Duel Types
    There are five main Duel Types. More may be added later.
    1. Regular Duel - Defender posts. Anyone (who then becomes the Challenger) may accept.
    2. Flash Duel - Defender posts. Anyone (who then becomes the Challenger) may accept. Flash Duels are conditional - bound by time limits and availability of all parties, including the Judge.
    3. Call-Out - Defender posts, naming a specific Challenger. Only the person being called out may accept. Call-Outs may be either Regular or Flash, whichever is agreed upon by both parties.
    4. Grudge Match - Have a bone to pick with someone? Have they bested you too often? Want another chance to prove your worth? Name your opponent! Only the named opponent may accept a Grudge Match.
    5. Double-Barreled - Both duelists must submit both a first draft and an edited version. In addition to judging between the two poets, the Judge must also decide which version of each poet's piece is better. The default double-barreled judging fee is twice the regular fee, either with crit or without.

Forms
    Any one may become a Defender by filling out this form and posting it in the thread:
    Posting to Duel
    Defender name:
    Bet:
    Type of Duel:
    Judge I prefer:
    Style/Form I prefer:

Anyone may become a Challenger by filling out this form and posting in the thread:
    Accepting a Duel
    Challenger name:
    Defender name:
    Bet: (of equal or approximate value to the defender's bet)
    Judge accepted: (Yes or No. If no, state reason and alternate suggestion, to be accepted or declined by Defender.)
    Subject I prefer:

Challengers and Defenders must then decide on the Criteria and Terms for their duel. For instance, what sort of poem are you going to write? What can't you do? What are you going for? A duel will only happen when the Criteria and Terms and the Judge can be agreed upon.

Miscellaneous rules
    • Anyone may Challenge a Defender.
    • A duel may begin once the Criteria and Terms are agreed upon and the Judge has posted the Enguarde!.
    • You may fight more than one duel at a time.
    • Each poem should be clearly marked to show which duel it is for.

Advertisments
    Useful Links & Things We're Plugging

Dictionary.com -- Dictionary & Thesaurus

RhymeZone.com -- Rhyming Dictionary

READ ALL OF THIS! The Art of Poetry - clarion

-WW&CCFoundation
    -Writing Contests, Charity, Grants, Guild
    Prizes / Bonus Winnings

LongTimeListener - The Colosseum Itself, and the Grounds; Torches of Nero; 25K in Items!!!

Writers Workshop & Contest Charity Foundation

Why do we give Bonuses?

Prizefighters have their belts, professional athletes have their trophies, gladiators walked away with their hides mostly intact--we here at the Colosseum have the Prevailing Poet, Most Frequent Duelist, and Critique of the Week awards.

• These Bonus Prizes are awarded every TEN completed duels, or once a month, whichever has the most duels.
    • Each prize is 1000 gold or equivalent items.
    • Prevailing Duelist prizes will be awarded based on number of wins. The duelist with the highest number of wins gets the prize.
    • Most Frequent Duelist prizes will be awarded based on number of duels. The duelist with the highest number of duels gets the prize.
      • Judges critiques posted during the same time period will be based on content, timeliness, and effort expended.

Results will be posted as follows:

PC
    Prevailing Poet:
    Name:
    # of Wins:
    [url of a noteworthy post]

PC
    Most Frequent Duelist:
    Name:
    # of Duels:
    [url of a noteworthy post]

PC
    Critique of the Week:
    Name:
    Critique: [url of the prizewinning critique]

A record of these awards will be kept in the Dueling Grounds.

In the event of a tie, winners will duel each other--they choose format, judge. and criteria. 3nodding

DISCLAIMER
    Please note that all items have been liquidated and that
    all Prizes and Awards will be in GOLD, unless specifically
    stated otherwise, or I just decide to throw in something extra!
    What a load off my mind!

Prices subject to change. Please check market values/store prices.
    ID required. Eligibility requirements may apply..
    Employees must wash their hands. For Customer Service, please go
    HERE
    You may visit the Complaint Department HERE.

Dedicated Dabbler

3,900 Points
    • Dressed Up 200
    • Streaker 200
    • Forum Dabbler 200
    [ JUDGE CENTRAL ]

User Image
    demagoguery made this!!!

Nitzce

My outlook on poetry and methods for determining whether it is successful are probably
    the most estranged of all the judges. I focus more on the overall scope of the
    poem and not the microcosms of details within it. I do not ignore the little things,
    but I am more concerned with how they effect the holistic nature of the poem,
    and not necessarily their individual implementation. Something like "the greater
    good", but even closer to "I'm just like that." Cheers.

User Image

al_batross is some odd person who's
    willing to pop up and judge your poetry, and your poetry alone.
    While he has no direct biases for "good" poetry, he enjoys
    seeing a firm grounding in grammar and theory (though where
    that takes you...). In his spare time, al_batross does nothing,
    and consumes only of human flesh (or maybe he's a
    vegetarian and reads too often. One or the other).

Here we go:

The Gumball Machine!

Bio: What's there to say? I'm a mix - and I'll produce exactly that!
    Surprise! Do you like themes? What luck! I do too - and
    I'm more than happy to suggest one if you're in need of it.

I especially like music - particularly "bad" 80's music
    (sometimes, it's just happier!)... and will often draw on
    it as a random twist. So, be warned. Mwahaha!

How I Work: Carefully! Keep in mind that I'm a writer myself - so I will
    suggest things to help you polish off your poems. I feel that
    criticism should be coupled with aid - why bother griping
    when you can't fix things? So, that's how I roll.

Astaire

I've been abducted by Cupid. Please send arrowproof armor.

Haha, just kidding. I'm not the new Psyche; I just like to dance. Have you heard the one about how Athena didn't like how I could dance better than her, so she turned me into a spider, but I just got even BETTER because I had more legs to dance with? Fun times! Of course, then she just kinda sent me to the underworld a la Persephone. See? I got a new dog! No leader-of-the-underworld love interest, though. Awwww...

I hope you don't have arachnophobia, and I hope you're not afraid of some serious pain. I bite! I criticize! I crawl up your leg as part of an elaborate song and dance routine! Even so, I try to be fair and just. By the way, tell Hera I said hello, and that she TOTALLY needs to dump that guy. I think he's cheating on her.
    [ MORE JUDGE CENTRAL ]

Bohemian_Lover_Boy

I'm BLB and if you've been in OP/L, you know me as a reggie with the longest running exercise thread.
    Poetry means a lot to me, much more than your feelings do, so I'm always going to tell you exactly what I think
    of your piece and how I think it could be better. I'll critique anything good poems, bad poems, noob poems,
    your critiques, and your mom. I'm not really a form person, but if you really want me to judge one, just tell me
    the specific name so I can look it up and figure out if you've done it right. I am grammar-obsessed and will work
    with you until your piece is finished or you're entirely too sick of me to ever think of writing ever again.

the rebel prince!

I often view myself as an observer of poetry, not a critic but when I do critically analyze work,
    I try to incorporate all my viewings, technical craft and what the writer is trying to accomplish.

I think Mary Kinzie said it best:

"I believe poets read poetry differently than non-poets do. When some readers talk, I am amazed by the appetite for paraphrase. When critics talk, I am just amazed by how completely they hear poetry as a function of culture. But when I hear poetry, I hear the enchantment of the work. Their ideas about a poem are always borne by some conception of intimacy or distance of voice, rigor or looseness of attitude,delicacy or directness of treatment. Above all, poets always seem to listen even as they compose, to the voice of that something decides the rightness of their designs. "

Zeo - philosopher, artist, poetry elitist.

What this means for you is that I take poetry seriously. I try to be fair and reasonable, but I am also bluntly honest. I don’t sugarcoat my critiques, because true art takes work to craft well. I’m a Virgo, so you’ll get a Virgo critique--thorough and nit-picky (grammar, punctuation, line break placements). I’m also interested in how a poem communicates to the reader and how effectively it does so. A poem should speak for itself, so if I feel it is not doing so I will tell you. I prefer free verse and/or prose poetry to forms, so if you need someone to take a look at your prose poem and not your sonnet, I’m your person. I give long, detailed critiques, so be prepared for a novel-length analysis should you seek my help.

Seraphly – Bubbly, Witty and Endlessly Tired.

Hi. I’m Seraphly. I’m twenty-one. I’m the worst biography writer, ever. If I ever write a biography I hope you never buy it. It would be a terrible waste of money, not to mention trees. Anyway, I live in Ontario. I have a son named Atticus. He’s a terror that keeps me from doing anything productive. I also work way too much.

My love of poetry started when I was around twelve (that’s a wonderful number I just made up). I was reading a novel titled “The Secret Under My Skin” by Janet McNaughton. It was competing for some Canadian book contest. The book was laced with poetry, Milton and Blake mostly. I felt in love with Milton’s sonnets and Blake’s simplicity. I walked into grade nine that year with William Blake’s “The Tyger” etched into my brain. My teacher thought that it was amazing. I thought she was a bucket of crazy. I mean, it rhymes—it can’t be that hard to remember.

When I grew up (not out apparently--flipping genetics), I started to write poetry for more than just play. I fell in love with Yeats, Random Poet Here and Plath. I still love Yeats (Plath and I had a slight falling out). I became enraptured by free verse. Still to this day I despise form. I blame it on my lack of internal metre.

When I look at poetry I require two things first. First: imagery, imagery, imagery. I want to be bombarded with images, obviously. Secondly, a point. I think that there should still be a central idea, theme, and/or notion. I require conciseness. Pack a suitcase (damn you Plath, damn you)!

The rest (basic fundamentals of poetry and all that good stuff)… they are important,
    but I hope you don’t need me telling you that.

User Image

Aphrodite f l y t r a p

As for judging, I'll compare the poems against each other in order to demonstrate the reasons for losing and winning the duel, and give a complimentary mini-crit. (Basically, what you can do to the poem(s) overall to make it/them better.)

As for crits, I'm like the name; I may seem nice but I got a helluva bite. (Think Audrey II.)

I am critiquer. Hear me rawr.

Quote:
    One Woman's Opinion

(Written as a prelude for a past critique. Please read carefully, JUDGES, and please DO offer feedback.)

Before I give you both my critique and judgment, I would like to say a few things about the way I judge in general and with sestinas in particular (which I will address in my actual critique/judgment post).

I look at poetry as a personal medium, open to a wide range and variety of acceptance, approval, liking, and opinion. Many critics find themselves locked into a narrow view, based solely on their own preferences and criteria regarding what they see as good poetry. I find this to be a mistake for many reasons.

Poetry, unlike other forms of writing, has a wider diversity of style, form, and expression--often leaving the reader in one of several states. You may show one poem to ten people and receive ten different interpretations or affect resulting in reactions including approval, disapproval, disgust, understanding, perplexity, anger, joy, melancholy, revulsion, etc.

There are two ways to approach an opinion about anything: head (intellectual) or heart (emotional). While we are all affected on an emotional level by anything we read, when it comes to evaluations, I prefer to take a more clinical approach.

While it does matter to me what a poet is trying to say to some degree (especially if I have been given some helpfully insightful explanation), I let the poem speak to me as an individual reader. Who can really know or understand what any given poet is saying? No two people are alike in background, life experience, ideals, spirituality, and other life-molding matters. Matters that will naturally have an impact on what they write and how they write it.

One example I will give of a personal preference in poetic style: capitalization.

I went to the store | I went to the store | I went to the store.
    To get apples | to get apples | To get apples.
    Because I was | because I was | Because I was.
    Hungry. | hungry. | Hungry.

Of course there are many poems that have a universal audience and are clearly understood (we think). There are famous, and accepted as experts, poets whose work is rarely questioned. It may be dissected and explored in various situations but it is rarely accused of being rubbish.

All of that being said, I just wanted to let you know that I base my critiques on technical criteria (and even so am loathe to be harsh regarding any writer's choice of punctuation, grammar, or form unless it is a formal one, unless such things are glaringly unappealing, or unless it is an obvious mistake) more than emotional ones, even though a bit of that may be thrown in based on my own likes and dislikes. Remarks made about a poem may be valid to the writer or not; may validate the intended message, or frustrate the writer by making him feel misunderstood or maligned.

Poetry is more than words on paper. Poetry is a powerful, dynamic, and potentially life-changing experience. If everyone was satisfied by the same styles, content, phraseology, and the like, there would not be so many writers, in any category of writing. Prosody is one thing, enjoyment another.

There is nothing more painful than to be told a poem was "disappointing", "tripe", "unmoving" or any other negative, narrow-sighted opinion. One person's disappointment may be another's applauded surprise. One person's tripe may be another's grateful acknowledgment that there is someone else in the world who relates to a personal circumstance. What may not move me may move you.

Skill and talent are so very much matters of perception, perspective, and are so dependent on a reader's individuality that they defy any concrete evaluation. The most we can hope to achieve is to assist a writer to re-examine his work, think more carefully about such things as word choice, correctness (when dealing with any particular form), structure, and other technicalities, while at the same time encouraging whatever emotional or intellectual message is being conveyed.

Nothing disturbs me more than accusing a poet of omitting details, explanation, or imagery! Fill in the blanks for yourselves! Ohsure, sometimes something has to be said if it's called for, but not in each and every poem read! Some poetry, like prose, may be minimalist. See it for what it is, interpret it as you will, and leave the poor writer free of rude remarks based on that -alone-.

Yes, of course there is the blatantly poor poetry that we all recognize, but even so, the poet may be gently guided to improve, practice, and hone any possible aforementioned skill and talent, whatever his age or experience. Encourage. Do not belittle.

There may be a time and place for brutal opinion, but it must be seen for just that, understood and accepted by both writer and reader, and not used irresponsibly. "I did not like it" is not a valid critique, even when long and tedious reasons are given. If you like it, great. If you do not, critique from your head. Be honest. Be specific. Be clear. Do not expect your little hand will be held as you read. Dead poets do not do that for you, and neither should any living ones.

Ohsure, discussion and exchange of ideas are nice. Welcomed. Learned from. But look at the big picture and remember one thing: In the end, only kindness matters. (Jewel)

HP
    Hawkeye: I will not carry a gun, Frank. When I got into this war I had a very clear understanding with the Pentagon. No guns. I'll carry your books, I'll carry a torch, I'll carry a tune, I'll carry on, carry over, carry forward, Cary Grant, cash and carry, carry me back to old Virginie, I'll even hari-kari if you show me how, but I will not carry a gun!

Mahayr
    Thank you Ni Che, for finding this for me again!
    kiss

Dedicated Dabbler

3,900 Points
    • Dressed Up 200
    • Streaker 200
    • Forum Dabbler 200
    CURRENT DUELS

DUEL
    Challanger: Aphrodite f l y t r a p
    Defender: knight_of_chivalry
    Bet: 10k
    Judge: To be decided.
    Type of Duel: Regular - deadline of January first, 2009.
    Subject: Insomnia
    Style/Form I prefer: Sonnet Redoublé, aka Heroic Crown.

CURRENT OPEN DEFENCES

Clarice
    THE WOLF'S HOWL

Wolven Poet Calls Out: E V E R Y O N E ! ! !
    Form/Style: To be discussed per individual Duel
    Judge: Gambol w/crit

May God have mercy on your souls.

PENDING (Incomplete) DUELS

PENDING DUEL
    Defender: knight_of_chivalry - Page 6
    Challenger: The Love Mutt (Clarice)
    Bet: 500
    Type: Regular
    Judge: Zero
    Style/Form: Shakespearean Sonnet
    Subject: Camaraderie between strangers.
    Winner:

PENDING DUEL
    Defender: Kiria Delusional Kitty
    Challenger: knight_of_chivalry - Page 8
    Bet: 1000
    Judge: BLB
    Form: Sestina
    Subject: Change
    Winner:

PENDING DUEL
    Challenger: Zero
    Defender: Astaire
    Bet:1000
    Judge: Zeo?
    Style: Trois-par-Huit
    Subject: Modern Art
    Type (of duel): Call-Out.
    Winner:

PENDING DUEL
    Challenger: AFT - Page
    Defender: Shrew - Page - 53
    Bet: 1K
    Judge: BLB - Page
    Form: Pentinas
    Style: Free Verse
    Subject: Freakshows
    Winner:

DUEL HISTORY

DUEL
    Challenger: zero the last decepticon - Page 3
    Defender: Nitzce - Page 3
    Judge: al-batross - Page 3 (Completed)
    Winner: - Nitzce

DUEL
    Challenger: zero the last decepticon - Page 7
    Defender: Nitzce - Page 7
    Judge: Astaire - Page 11 (Completed)
    Winner: - Nitzce

DUEL
    Challenger: Aphrodite f l y t r a p - Page 13
    Defender: knight_of_chivalry - Page 12
    Judge: Che - Page 15 (Completed)
    Winner - Knight

DUEL
    Challenger: Aphrodite - Page 16
    Defender:BLB - Page 16
    Judge: Zero Page 20 (Completed)
    Winner - AFT

DUEL
    Defender: ZTLD - Page 16
    Challenger name: knight_of_chivalry - Page 16
    FLASH!
    Judge: Che - Page 16 (Completed)
    Winner - Zero

DUEL
    Challenger: bohemian_lover_boy - Page 17
    Defender: FlatteredPawn - Page 17
    Judge accepted: Nitzce - Page 18 (Completed)
    Crits: BLB - Page
    Winner - BLB

DUEL
    Challenger: TheAmberShrew - Page 19 / 22
    Defender: bohemian_lover_boy - Page 19 / 37
    Judge: Che - Page 20 TIE / Rematch - Page - 38 (Completed)
    Winner - BLB

DUEL
    Challenger name: Aprhodite f l y t r a p (32)
    Defender name: knight (28 )
    Judge: zero the last decepticon (Completed)
    WINNER: KNIGHT!

DUEL
    THE ZERO ISSUE!!!

DUEL
    Zero - Page 23
    The Tao of Che - Page 23
    Judge AFT - Page - 24 (Completed)
    Winner - Zero

DUEL
    Zero - Page 23
    Knight - Page 23
    Judge AFT - Page - 24 (Completed)
    Winner - Knight

DUEL
    Challenger: Aphrodite f l y t r a p
    Defender: superhuman7
    Judge: Seraphly - Need to find Page Number... (Completed)
    Winner - AFT

DUEL
    Challenge: knight_of_chivalry - Page 21
    Defender: Aphrodite f l y t r a p - Page 26
    Judge: Zeo - Page 30 (Completed)
    Winner - Aphrodite

DUEL
    Challenger: knight_of_chivalry - Page 26
    Defender: BLB - Page 25
    Bet: 500 gold
    Judge: Aphrodite f l y t r a p - Page 26 (Completed)
    Winner - BLB

Quote:
    Challanger: Aphrodite f l y t r a p - Page 27
    Defender: Canned Failure - Page 27
    Judge: Astaire - Page 31 (Completed)
    Winner - AFT

DUEL
    Aphrodite f l y t r a p - Page 32 CHALLENGES
    Burlesque Bohemian - Page 28
    Judge - BLB - Page 33 (Completed)
    Winner - AFT

DUEL
    Zero - Page 30
    AFT - Page 31
    Judge - BLB - Page 31 (Completed)
    Winner - Zero

DUEL
    Challanger: Aphrodite f l y t r a p - Page 34
    Defender: Knight - Page 36
    Judge: bohemian_lover_boy - Page 36 (Completed)
    Winner - Knight

DUEL
    Challenger: kingmorgant
    Defender: AFT - Page 37
    Judge: BLB - Page 37 (Completed)
    Winner: AFT

DUEL
    3-Way Tie-Breaker for Most Duels Award
    BLB - Page 44 (Forfeit)
    Zero - Page 43
    AFT - Page - Page 42
    Judge - Knight - Page 46 (Completed)
    Meterless villanelle, threesomes!
    Style/Form: Free Verse
    Winner - AFT

DUEL
    Challenger: Aehlae - Page 41
    Defender: bohemian_lover_boy - Page 41
    FLASH! (30 mins.)
    Judge - Che - Page 41 (Completed)
    Winner - Aehlae

DUEL
    Challenger: knight_of_chivalry - Page 50
    Defender: Noftin - Page 50
    Judge: Che - Page 54 (Completed)
    Winner - Knight

KEEPING SCORE

Nitzce prevailed in poetic battle against Zero.
    Nitzce prevailed in poetic battle against Zero.
    knight_of_chivalry prevailed in poetic battle against The Love Mutt.
    knight_of_chivalry prevailed in poetic battle against Aphrodite f l y t r a p.
    Aphrodite f l y t r a p prevailed in poetic battle against Bohemian Lover Boy.
    Zero prevailed in FLASH! poetic battle against Che.
    Bohemian Lover Boy prevailed in poetic battle against FlatteredPawn.
    Bohemian Lover Boy prevailed in poetic battle against TheAmberShrew.
    IN THE ZERO ISSUE! Zero prevailed in poetic battle against The Tao of Che.
    IN THE ZERO ISSUE! knight_of_chivalry prevailed in poetic battle against Zero.
    Aphrodite f l y t r a p prevailed in poetic battle against superhuman7.
    Aphrodite f l y t r a p prevailed in poetic battle against knight_of_chivalry.
    Bohemian Lover Boy prevailed in poetic battle against knight_of_chivalry.
    Aphrodite f l y t r a p prevailed in poetic battle against Canned Failure.
    Aphrodite f l y t r a p prevailed in a poetic battle CHALLENGE against Burlesque Bohemian.
    Zero prevailed in poetic battle against Aphrodite f l y t r a p.
    In a three-way tie-breaker for Most Duels Fought Award, Aphrodite f l y t r a p prevailed in poetic battle against Bohemian Lover Boy and Zero..
    Aphrodite f l y t r a p prevailed in poetic battle against kingmorgant.

2 more to add.
    Dedications - LongTimeListener's Vision. Always... UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

The Original Colosseum Main thread!

See pages 90 - 93 if you can stand hysterics without p***** yourself!

The Original Dueling Grounds!

Current Dueling Information!

Colosseum Dueling History (Original and II)!

Quote:
    1. Postcards, stamps, real handwritten notes!
    You may also just post in the where! Messages, pictures, greetings.

THE POSTCARD CLUB!!!

2. Need a Grant for a contest
    you do not have enough gold or prizes to sponsor alone?
    Apply for one from the
    WW&CCF Foundation stickied in the WC forum.

3. Get to know your fellows. Chat, discuss, joke, and stay informed in the
    FOUNDATION HEADQUARTERS WHERE

Kindest regards always...

Mahayr
    WW&CCF

[ Foundation Staff ]

S`qarr - Owner - Admiral
    Mahayr - Partner / Hostess - First Mate
    HelterSkelterX (Vince) - Partner - Captain
    GrantOrg - The Original - Torch Bearer
    Major Domo - Foundation / Treasury Agent - Boatswain
    Torches Of Nero - Colosseum Agent - Midshipman

And of course, do join our Guild, The Pillar of Worlds.

User Image User Image User Image User Image

C.R.U.E.L. Guild Information

Dedicated Dabbler

3,900 Points
    • Dressed Up 200
    • Streaker 200
    • Forum Dabbler 200
    WORTHY OF POSTERITY
    The Dema Affair

demagoguery Calls Out: E V E R Y O N E ! ! !
    Form/Style: To Each Defender's Own and Best!
    Information
    WAR DECLARED!!!
    Read These RULES or Die!

Clarice
    THE WOLF'S HOWL

Wolven Poet Calls Out: E V E R Y O N E ! ! !
    Form/Style: To be discussed per individual Duel
    Judge: Gambol w/crit

The Tennessee Stomp
    THE TENNESSEE STOMP!!!

triplenegative Calls Out: E V E R Y O N E ! ! !
    Form/Style: FREE STYLE - Individual Duel Subjects to be discussed.
    Judge: demagoguery w/crit

It all began when...

May God have mercy on your souls.

DUEL HISTORY

Defender name: Mahayr - Poem page 1
    Challenger name: Chiara_Scuro - Poem page 1
    Judge: BlueBus
    Critique - page 2, 10/03/05
    WINNER - MAHAYR

Defender name: alterdayshift - Poem page 2
    Challenger Name: Chiara_Scuro - Poem page 2
    Critique - page 3, 10/03/05
    WINNER - ALTERDAYSHIFT

"Grudge Match"
    My name is: Leonis - Poem page 2
    I call out: Mahayr - Poem page 2
    Judge: serpenteyes
    Critique - page 2, 10/05/05
    WINNER - MAHAYR

Defender name: Nuriko1 - Poem page 1
    Challenger name: Gambol - Poem page 2
    Judge: LongTime Listener
    Critique - page 3, 10/07/05
    WINNER - GAMBOL

"Grudge Match"
    My name is: LongTime Listener - Poem page 3
    I call out: BlueBus - Poem page 3
    Judge: Demagoguery
    Critique - page 3, 10/12/05
    WINNER - BLUEBUS

"Grudge Match"
    My name is: Leonis - Poem page 3
    I call out: Mahayr - Poem page 3
    Judge: Serpenteyes
    Critique - page 4, 10/18/05
    WINNER - MAHAYR

Defender: Nuriko1 - Poem page 3
    Challenger: alterdayshift - Poem page 4
    Critique - page 4, 10/26/05
    WINNER - ALTERDAYSHIFT

"Grudge Match"
    My name is: LongTime Listener - Poem page 4
    I call out: demagoguery - Poem page 4
    Judge: alterdayshift
    Critique - page 5, 10/31/05
    WINNER - LongTime Listener

Defender Name: Nuriko1 - Poem page 6
    Challenger Name: Seirya - Poem page 5
    Judge: LongTime Listener - Poem page 5
    Critique - page 6, 11/11/05
    WINNER - NURIKO1

Defender Name: Mahayr - Poem page 6
    Challenger Name: alterdayshift - Poem page 7
    Critique - page 7, 11/27/05
    WINNER - ALTERDAYSHIFT

Defender Name: Deacon Nuno - Poem page 7
    Challenger Name: alterdayshift - Poem page 6
    Critique - page 7, 8
    Judge: Penden, 11/28/05
    WINNER - ALTERDAYSHIFT

Challenger Name: Nuriko1 - Poem page 7
    Defender Name: Mahayr - Poem - page 7
    Judge: serpenteyes
    Critique - page 8, 11/28/05
    WINNER - MAHAYR

Defender Name: serpenteyes - Poem page 9
    Challenge to LongTime Listener - Poem page 8
    Judge: Mahayr
    Critique - page 9, 12/20/05
    WINNER - LONGTIMELISTENER

Challenger Name: alterdayshift Poem page - 8
    Defender Name Totaleclipse - Poem page 9
    Judge: (Penden) serpenteyes
    Critique - Pending
    WINNER -

Defender Name: CA.ged - Poem page 8
    Challenger Name: Chiara_Scuro - Poem page 9
    Critique - Pending
    WINNER -

Defender Name: CA.ged - Poem page 9
    Challenger Name: alterdayshift - Poem page 9
    Judge: demagoguery
    Critique - page
    WINNER - ALTERDAYSHIFT

"Grudge Match"
    My name is: CA.ged Poem page 14
    I call out: serpenteyes Poem page 15
    Critique - page 15, 2/05/06
    WINNER - CA.ged

Defender Name: CA.ged - Poem page 11
    Challenger Name: Mahayr - Poem page 11
    Critique - Pending
    WINNER -

"Grudge Match"
    My name is: serpenteyes - Poem page 12
    I call out: That fiend LongTimeListener! - Poem page 16
    Judge: CA.ged
    Critique - Pending
    WINNER -

Defender Name: Arawath - Poem page 13
    Challenger: Mahayr - Poem page 14
    Judge: serpenteys w/crit
    Critique - Pending
    WINNER -

"Call-Out"
    Challenger name: CA.ged - Poem page 16
    Defender name: Arawath - Poem page 16
    Judge: demagoguery w/crit
    Critique -
    WINNER -

Challenger Name: Aethiana - Poem page 21
    Calls Out: Mahayr - Poem page 21
    Judge: dema w/crit - Page 28
    WINNER: Mahayr

Colosseum II

Defender Name: BlueBus - Poem page 1
    Challenger Name: zero the last decepticon Poem page 1
    Judge: demagoguery w/ crit - Page 2
    WINNER - BLUEBUS

Defender Name: Kiria Delusional Kitty - Poem page 3
    Challenger Name: Mahayr - Poem page 3
    Judge: demagoguery - Page 3 w/crit
    WINNER - KIRIA DELUSIONAL KITTY

Call-Out
    Challenger: Zero the last Decepticon - Poem page 5
    Calls out: demagoguery - Poem page 6
    Judge: Mahayr - Page 11
    WINNER - ZERO THE LAST DECEPTICON

Challenger Name: Mahayr - Poem page 11
    Defender Name: Kiria Delusional Kitty - Poem page 11
    Judge: ArmorFelix w/crit - Page 12

Call-Out
    Challenger Name: Mahayr - Poem page 13
    Calls Out: Ni Chi - Poem page 13
    Judge: demagoguery w/crit - Pages 14, 15
    WINNER - MAHAYR

Challenger Name: Mahayr - Poem page 21
    Defender Name: Atreas - Poem page 20
    Prefered judge: demagoguery w/crit - Page 29
    WINNER - ATREAS

Challenger Name: Rogue Dragon - Poem page 32
    Defender Name: Kiria Delusional Kitty - Poem page 26
    Judge: Ni Che w/crit - Page 44

Challenger Name: BlueBus Poem page 40
    Defender Name: Aethiana Poem page 39
    Judge: demagoguery w/crit - Page 62
    WINNER - BLUEBUS

Defender Name: Wolven Poet Poem page 49
    Challenger Name: zero the last decepticon Poem page 50
    Judge: Mahayr w/crit - Page 53

Defender Name: Aethiana Poem page 58
    Challenger Name: BlueBus Poem page 78
    Judge: Mahayr w/crit Page 79
    WINNER - BLUEBUS

Defender Name: Mahayr
    Challenger Name: BlueBus
    Judge: ArmorFelix
    ENGUARE! Posted
    WINNER - MAHAYR - CONCEDED by BlueBus

Defender Name: BlueBus
    Challenger Name: Wolven Poet
    Judge: ArmorFelix Page 115
    WINNER - WOLVEN POET

Defender Name: `Che
    Challenger Name: Mahayr
    Judge: ArmorFelix
    Style/Form/Subject: Format: 5 tercets Scheme: ABA BCB CDC DED EAE; Celtic
    Listed for Posterity Only... Che retired. What Might Have Been.

Defender Name: Triplenegative Poem page 123
    Challenger Name: demagoguery Poem page 143
    Judge: Mahayr w/crit Page 147
    WINNER - OUR FIRST TIE!!!

Defender Name: Kiria Delusional Kitty Poem page 144
    Challenger Name: Mahayr Poem page 142
    Judge: zero the last decepticon Page 161
    WINNER - MAHAYR

Defender Name: Wolven Poet Poem page 151
    Challenger Name: Aethiana Poem page 144
    Judge: Mahayr Page 176
    WINNER - WOLVEN POET

Defender Name: Aylen Poem page 171
    Challenger Name: demagoguery Poem page 176
    Judge: Mahayr Page 216
    WINNER - AYLEN

Defender Name: GinTsuki Poem page 224
    Challenger Name: demagoguery Poem page 224
    Judge: Gambol Page 224
    WINNER - DEMAGOGUERY

Defender Name: triplenegative
    Challenger Name: Aylen
    Judge: Gambol
    WINNER - TRIPLENEGATIVE

Defender Name: Kiria Delusional Kitty
    Challenger Name: Aylen

Decepticon VS pleasureofadream
    Winner: ZERO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RESULTS

WINS IN ORDER

Mahayr successfully defended her literary territory against challenger Chiara_Scuro.
    alterdayshift successfully defended her literary territory against challenger Chiara_Scuro.
    Mahayr successfully defended her literary territory against challenger Leonis.
    Gambol prevailed in poetic battle against the defender Nuriko1.
    BlueBus successfully defended his literary territory against challenger LongTime Listener.
    Mahayr successfully defended her literary territory against challenger Leonis.
    alterdayshift successfully defended her literary territory against challenger Nuriko1.
    LongTime Listener prevailed in poetic battle against the defender demagoguery.
    Nuriko1 successfully defended her literary territory against challenger Seirya.
    alterdayshift successfully defended her literary territory against challenger Mahayr.
    alterdayshift successfully defended her literary territory against challenger Deacon Nuno.
    Mahayr successfully defended her literary territory against challenger Nuriko1.
    LongTime Listener prevailed in poetic battle against the defender serpenteyes.
    Alterdayshift successfully defended her literary territory against challenger CA.ged.
    zero the last decepticon successfully defended his literary territory against challenger Wolven Poet.
    CA.ged prevailed in poetic battle against the defender serpenteyes.
    Mahayr successfully defended her literary territory against challenger Aethiana.

Collesuem II

BlueBus successfully defended his literary skill agains challenger zero the last decepticon.
    Kiria Delusional Kitty successfully defended her literary skill agains challenger Mahayr.
    zero the last decepticon prevailed in poetic battle against the defender demagoguery.
    Kiria Delusional Kitty successfully defended her literary skill agains challenger Mahayr.
    Mahayr prevailed in poetic battle against the defender Ni Che.
    Atreas prevailed in poetic battle against the defender Mahayr.
    Kiria Delusional Kitty prevailed in poetic battle against the defender Rogue Dragon.
    BlueBus prevailed in poetic battle against the defender Aethiana.
    zero the last decepticon prevailed in poetic battle against the defender Wolven Poet.
    BlueBus prevailed in poetic battle against the defender Aethiana.
    Mahayr prevailed in poetic battle against the defender BlueBus (Conceded).
    Wolven Poet prevailed in poetic battle against the defender BlueBus.
    **triplenegative AND demagoguery TIED in poetic battle. There were only flash wounds, all is well!
    Mahayr prevailed in poetic battle against the defender Kiria Delusional Kitty.
    Wolven Poet prevailed in poetic battle against the defender Aethiana.
    Aylen prevailed in poetic battle against the challenger demagoguery.
    demagoguery prevailed in poetic battle against the defender GinTsuki.
    zero the last decepticon prevailed in poetic battle against kingmorgant FD.
    Mahayr prevailed in poetic battle against zero the last decepticon FD.
    Mahayr prevailed in poetic battle against the defender Nerd-of-the-Nation FD.
    Mahayr prevailed in poetic battle against airis273 FD.
    rudy_the_master prevailed in poetic battle against airis273 FD.
    Critically Honest prevailed in poetic battle against triplenegative FD.
    Zero the Last Decepticon prevailed in poetic battle against triplenegative FD.
    Aehlea prevailed in poetic battle against airis273 FD.
    Critically Honest prevailed in poetic battle against airis273 FD.
    Zero the Last Decepticon prevailed in poetic battle against Critically Honest FD.
    Aehlea prevailed in poetic battle against airis273 FD.
    Critically Honest prevailed in poetic battle against airis273 FD.
    `Kira prevailed in poetic battle against Zero the Last Decepticon FD.
    Mahayr prevailed in poetic battle against airis273 FD.
    Aylen prevailed in poetic battle against Kiria Delusional Kitty FD.
    Ni Che prevailed in poetic battle against demagoguery FD.
    BlueBus prevailed in poetic battle against Kiria Delusional Kitty FD.
    triplenegative prevailed in poetic battle against Aylen.
    Kiria Delusional Kitty prevailed in poetic battle against Aylen.
    Decepticon prevailed in poetic battle against pleasureofadream.
    MajKai Nis prevailed in poetic battle against Aehlae FD.
    Ni Che prevailed in poetic battle against zero the last decepticon FD.
    The Love Mutt prevailed in poetic battle against Mahayr FD.
    Zero prevailed in poetic battle against Kira` FD.
    The Love Mutt prevailed in poetic battle against Kiria Delusional Kitty FD.
    Kiria Delusional Kitty prevailed in poetic battle against pleasureofadream FD.
    Decepticon prevailed in poetic battle against Oracle of Delphi FD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Flash Duels

Quote:
    kingmorgant-NEWBLOOD VS Zero the Last Decepticon
    Judge: Critically Honest

Mahayr VS Zero the Last Decepticon
    Judge: `Kira
    WINNER - MAHAYR

Nerd-of-the-Nation VS Mahayr
    Judge: Zero the -- Last Decepticon
    WINNER - MAHAYR

airis273 VS Mahayr
    Judge: triplenegative
    WINNER - MAHAYR

airis273 VS Gumby
    WINNER - AIRIS273 - CHALLENGED

triplenegative VS Critically Honest
    WINNER - CRITICALLY HONEST

Zero the Last Decepticon VS triplenegative

airis276 VS Aehlea
    Judge: Ni Che
    WINNER - AEHLEA

CRIT OF THE MONTH

Critically Honest VS airis273
    WINNER - CRITICALLY HONEST

Critically Honest VS airis273

Zero the Last Decepticon VS `Kira
    Judge: Mahayr / Archer of Loaf
    WINNER - `KIRA

airis273 VS Mahayr
    Judge: Deviously Dema
    WINNER - MAHAYR

Aylen VS Kiria
    Winner - AYLEN

Ni Che VS demagoguery
    Judge: Archer of Loaf
    WINNER - NI CHE

BlueBus VS Kiria Delusional Kitty
    BLUEBUS

Aehlae VS MajKai Nis
    Judge: Ni Che
    Winner: MAJKAI NIS

Ni Che VS zero the last decepticon
    Judge: Aehlae
    Winner: NI CHE

The Love Mutt VS Mahayr
    Judge:Zero
    Winner: THE LOVE MUTT

Zero VS Kira`
    Judge:Mahayr
    Winner: ZERO

Kiria Delusional Kitty VS Wolven Poet
    Winner: The Love Mutt

pleasureofadream VS Kiria Delusional Kitty
    Judge:
    Kira`
    Winner: KIRIA DELUSIONAL KITTY

Oracle of Delphi VS The last Decepticon
    Judge: Critically Honest
    Winner: DECEPTICON

This update is sure to be incomplete and/or incorrect. Just let me know if you find anything, or if I need to add anything. Or correct anything. Or take anything out...

Dedicated Dabbler

3,900 Points
    • Dressed Up 200
    • Streaker 200
    • Forum Dabbler 200

Notes to mysweetself. To Do, keeping up, and all that...

Pages - in the Grounds / Pages - in Main.

I am posting this just to let you all know where I am in terms of updating/keeping up. PLEASE LET ME KNOW if there are in inaccuracies.

Quote:
    QUESTIONS

A note about fees. Fees will be uniform for each judge. 50 for just a decision and short reason, 100 with a critique.

Quote:
    What I need for each Duel:

A copy of each duel particulars - when challenger and defender have made their decisions, the Judge has accepted, and the ENGUARDE! has been posted.
    Upon completion of Duel - page numbers of poems and decision.

Information will be posted in its proper place and updated (moved) in a timely manner (to the best of my ability).

Quote:
    Procedures to be followed:

1. Someone posts wishing to duel.
    2. Someone accepts.
    3. Bet is decided.
    4. Form is decided.
    5. Subject is decided.
    6. Judge is decided and informed.
    7. Judge accepts.
    8. Bets and fees are sent to Judge.
    9. Judge posts ENGUARDE! (Main and Grounds). If the duel is a Flash, Judge also posts times (ENGUARDE!, end due at).
    10. Duel commences per requirements (regular, flash, double-barrel, etc.).
    11. Judge judges and posts results.
    12. Judge sends bets to winner.
    13. Mahayr and her beloved Cronies try to keep up.
    14. Mahayr (eventually) updates Duel History post on page one of both the Main where and the Grounds.

BANNERS, page 13 Main - BLB! AND CHE!
    ALWAYS subject to edit.

Dedicated Dabbler

3,900 Points
    • Dressed Up 200
    • Streaker 200
    • Forum Dabbler 200

Dedicated Dabbler

3,900 Points
    • Dressed Up 200
    • Streaker 200
    • Forum Dabbler 200

Dedicated Dabbler

3,900 Points
    • Dressed Up 200
    • Streaker 200
    • Forum Dabbler 200
    You may now POST AT WILL!
    PLEASE MESSAGE ME if you have any comments, questions, or suggestions!

Thank you...
    Mahayr
    We're back?

Dedicated Dabbler

3,900 Points
    • Dressed Up 200
    • Streaker 200
    • Forum Dabbler 200
    Almost. Read. Proof. We are still trying to fix the links.
    Mahayr in Waiting
    Almost. Read. Proof. We are still trying to fix the links.

They worked fine for me. What seems to be the problem?

Mega Codger

Again, I just wanted to be on the first page.

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff