Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
You miss so much... but I can work with you there, Queen of Disturbances.

Think what you will, there is only one truth.
Mahayr
You miss so much... but I can work with you there, Queen of Disturbances.

Think what you will, there is only one truth.

Only a sith deals in absolutes.

Are you so sure there is only truth? And what truth is so grand that it encompasses all that is?

Other than Dema rocks. That could be the one truth...

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
The Sith were easily wiped out by the Jedi.

There is a vast difference between an absolute and a truth.

The philosphy of one truth is a metaphysical one. When you have studied metaphysics, we will speak again of truth.

How can there be more than one truth, in all reality? Of course everything depends, everything matters, everything is a matter of perspective and perception. These are individual things subject to a vast array of influences.

But in the end, no matter who or what you are, or what you believe, there is still only one truth. Some truths may not be known because there is not enough information to come to any conclusion.

Dema rocks may be a truth... or not.
Mahayr

The philosphy of one truth is a metaphysical one. When you have studied metaphysics, we will speak again of truth.

How can there be more than one truth, in all reality? Of course everything depends, everything matters, everything is a matter of perspective and perception. These are individual things subject to a vast array of influences.

But in the end, no matter who or what you are, or what you believe, there is still only one truth. Some truths may not be known because there is not enough information to come to any conclusion.

Curse my high school education... stupid college graduates and their stupid "we know stuff cause we're older"... with their stupid degrees and whatnot...

So, your idea is that even though we can't conceive it, there's only one absolute truth in the entire universe?

Uh huh. Fine. Let's go with that.

Let's consider light. It's pretty constant, very useful, very nice. However, light has obviously provided us with several interesting colors, different aspects of this constant entity that we consider light.

Now, somewhere in that muddled little analogy, I mean to convey that light can and is seen is several different ways. Cannot truth be the same? Light in its purest form is kinda lame. Very boring. Also kinda hurts the eyes.

A rainbow however, is infinetly more interesting and beautiful. Yet, for all its different colors, it's all made of the same infinite light.

Also, if there is one truth, there must be one lie (bear with me, I'm trying to be deep). There is opposition in all things. I am more interested in finding out what the one lie is.

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
demagoguery
Mahayr

Curse my high school education... stupid college graduates and their stupid "we know stuff cause we're older"... with their stupid degrees and whatnot...

You do not have to be a college graduate to be intellegent. I am certainly not trying to lord anything over you. You know how I feel about you.

So, your idea is that even though we can't conceive it, there's only one absolute truth in the entire universe?

There is one truth about each thing, belief, situations in the universe. Yes, it is a rare absolute. Absolute is often misused such as in "absolute trust", "absolute law", "absolute rulership".

Uh huh. Fine. Let's go with that.

Let's consider light. It's pretty constant, very useful, very nice. However, light has obviously provided us with several interesting colors, different aspects of this constant entity that we consider light.

I am not saying that all truths are unknow, or even proven. However, many things that were thought to be true in the past, have since been disproven. "The world is flat", for example.

Now, somewhere in that muddled little analogy, I mean to convey that light can and is seen is several different ways. Cannot truth be the same?

No.

Light in its purest form is kinda lame. Very boring. Also kinda hurts the eyes.

A rainbow however, is infinetly more interesting and beautiful. Yet, for all its different colors, it's all made of the same infinite light.

Light, and the cause and effect of light are not the same thing.

Also, if there is one truth, there must be one lie (bear with me, I'm trying to be deep). There is opposition in all things. I am more interested in finding out what the one lie is.

There are many oppositions. But one truth will always remain constant. There are many lies.

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I found the undead unicorn.
Mahayr
I found the undead unicorn.

I'm so proud of you?

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Now let us proceed to learning the Tea Ceremony.

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
No, I take that back... much too complicated. We should begin with decorum.
Mahayr

I think I just got insulted...

AND I REFUSE TO LEARN YOUR SILLY DECORUM!!!! FOR IT IS... SILLY!!!!!! YES!!!! I CAN INSULT TOO!!!!!!!!!

Yeah...

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
demagoguery
Mahayr

I think I just got insulted...

AND I REFUSE TO LEARN YOUR SILLY DECORUM!!!! FOR IT IS... SILLY!!!!!! YES!!!! I CAN INSULT TOO!!!!!!!!!

Yeah...

It was not an insult to you, it was an insult to myself for expecting such a complicated and intricate something that would take forever for the unpracticed, without first knowing basic decorum and other arts.

*Presses a hand solidly against your chest, fingers splayed a brief moment before dropping her arm and slipping her hands into her sleeves.*

You rant to disquise your uncertainty.

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
DISCLAIMER: I, Mahayr Ba`Haleahr, am not responsible for the conduct of one DEMAGOGUERY!

However, I am working on her reformation.

Beware.

p/s She is as funny as she is cheeky.

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I am going to ask S`qarr to read all of this, he does not know why I keep screaming "PROVE IT!!!" at him! Hahahahahaha!!!

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
He went on a rantpage over in that other where *points* and I do not know if he saw this yet, that... that... MAN!
Mahayr
He went on a rantpage over in that other where *points* and I do not know if he saw this yet, that... that... MAN!

Well, since I find his rants infinetly amusing, I think I can forgive him for that.

That, and if I were to critize him I fear I would also find myself ripped to tiny shreds. That would then be set on fire.

*hides under things*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces