• Tooth Fairy 100
  • Timid 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Yutora
Lahrette

This mistake caught my attention, I thought I'd let you know:

"though she stiffened as I touched her before starting to shake"

You wrote "though sge" by mistake (:

Thank-you ever so much, I turned off the spell-check on my touch-pad a couple of days ago and must have missed the mistake when I read it through. I'll go and change that now.

Thanks again for letting me know smile
(My friend who's doing English didn't catch that mistake...)

Roy Alexis's Queen

No Sex Symbol

18,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Lahrette
Yutora
Lahrette

Thank-you ever so much, I turned off the spell-check on my touch-pad a couple of days ago and must have missed the mistake when I read it through. I'll go and change that now.

You are very welcome. I now actually read through your entry, it is so interesting.
I was intrigued by it, even more when I saw that you also wrote it for picture 2.
I really like your entry c:

Also, you should change 'make' in this sentence:
"The thought make me chuckle; I'd been immortal for the last seven hundred years and was still loving every second of it."

Questionable Codger

8,600 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Timid 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Yutora
Lahrette
Yutora
Lahrette

You are very welcome. I now actually read through your entry, it is so interesting.
I was intrigued by it, even more when I saw that you also wrote it for picture 2.
I really like your entry c:

Also, you should change 'make' in this sentence:
"The thought make me chuckle; I'd been immortal for the last seven hundred years and was still loving every second of it."

Thank-you. My writing tends to make people look at me funny and tell me to see a psychologist, so it's nice when that doesn't happen. I noticed that yours was also for picture two and I loved it. The descriptions are so vivid and the emotions so intense. It was an amazing read.

Ah, thanks again. I should learn to proof-read my writing better. *Sigh* why didn't I take English?
I did notice that in yours it says "they all surge pass me", should it be "past" if it's a preposition?

Thanks yet again though biggrin

(Urgh, is that the time? My politics homework and other contest entries will have to wait until it's tomorrow. Sometimes I hate GMT...)

Roy Alexis's Queen

No Sex Symbol

18,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Lahrette

Everyone makes a few mistakes. That's why you have others to go over it for you.
You can't always catch your own mistakes. Haha, why would they say that?
I like the way you write, it's interesting and makes me want to read more of it.

I thought it was cute how we both enter for picture 2 and have completely different stories;
that is why I love Picture Prompts, shows how many different ideas can come from one picture.

Thank you for catching that, dear. I will go fix it right now c:
I do strive to try and make things as vivid as I can. Thanks for reading it <3

You're entering others as well?
I nearly missed the deadline for this one because I mixed it up with another one.
Oh gosh. Politics... have fun doing that tomorrow. ^^

Questionable Codger

8,600 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Timid 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Yutora
Lahrette

Everyone makes a few mistakes. That's why you have others to go over it for you.
You can't always catch your own mistakes. Haha, why would they say that?
I like the way you write, it's interesting and makes me want to read more of it.

I thought it was cute how we both enter for picture 2 and have completely different stories;
that is why I love Picture Prompts, shows how many different ideas can come from one picture.

Thank you for catching that, dear. I will go fix it right now c:
I do strive to try and make things as vivid as I can. Thanks for reading it <3

You're entering others as well?
I nearly missed the deadline for this one because I mixed it up with another one.
Oh gosh. Politics... have fun doing that tomorrow. ^^

That's true.
Heh, pair this extract up with what I've managed to get done of my long-term project so far and it's all quite...odd.

Yeah. I think they're wrong when they say that a picture can say a thousand words, I think a thousand stories would be more accurate smile
I like reading, especially when what I'm reading is well written smile

Yeah, I'm entering Loper's contest and Pass the Muse. Pass the Muse is pretty much sorted - just need to type it up - and Loper's is half done. I mix up deadlines all the time!
Eh, Politics is the least of my problems. I'm taking Biology and Chemistry too, but the real why-did-I-take-this subject is Maths.

Familiar Trader

My story. Enjoy.

STORY:

Christina lay her head on the grass, the tips of the leaves covered in dewdrop. Her brown hair waving in the cold wind. Had she been dreaming? Her only companion, her beloved brother, just walking away? The tied ends of her braids shackled as the silence continued to scream. Last night, she had only remembered the time when the dirty blonde hair of a young man brushed past her into a mysterious cavern. She continued to follow, each step putting her head heavier and her eyes squinted as if she was going to fall asleep. She scrambled back up, her pale hand on her scalp- her pools of brown muddy eyes looking around, as if this was a place she'd never visited. But alas, no, this was where it all started. The beginning. The moment of her memories. Her heels no longer clicked, and was all red and bloody. Tap. Tap. Tap.

Then she felt a deep scar on her face. She incessantly began to rub her scar, a hundred times maybe; but it felt familiar. She just didn't recognize it. Her mother's necklace was glowing now, bright in a neon pink aura. Inscribed on the necklace, was Christina's name. "Christina Lee Dion." she murmured. The glass lock sprung open, revealing more about herself, her memory slowly budging together. Her eyes finally took a glance at the world around her. "Heaven?" she wondered. But the cottage she had caught her eye on was her home- the nursery she was raised in. The skies blue and the sun shining on her direct face. Almost as if this world was a giant painting. With each step, Christina took a holler of pain and walked toward her house. "18967, Carniopal street." She leaned on a wet sign that was painted in a fresh blue- her street address. The paint was colored onto her palms, causing her to spit out a few blood, than spit saliva on her hands and clean it by rubbing her hands together. She went toward the door, a giant glass which gleamed shine. She couldn't make much of what was inside since the glass was translucent. What she did hear though, was that same quote that her brother, Mike, would say.

"Mike?" the startled boy rushed out. His look was gothic, as if he changed his hair color. It now was trimmed red, his skin darker. Christina began to scowl, her mentally disorder began to kick in. "Mike? It's me, your sister! Remember me, Christina?" The boy so named "Mike" began to rub his chin. His eyebrows pushed each other. "Who are you?" His face was the same, just in a different color and hair. "Where are you going, Mike?" He pointed to a far sign, that said: "Summachi Beach." Summachi beach was the biggest beach in Armenia. No one could swim there- it was too deep and blue. Only surfers could ride the big tides around the Summachi Ridge. The beach was wavy, by then; Christina saw the golden bridge and began to run around, her kneecap paining but silent. Her dirty brown hair started to be curly-- especially with her hands in her hair, twisting and turning it around. Mike slapped her on her similiar scar spot, spitting on his arm and slicking it on his hair. "Move it hobo... I haven't got no sister, just my old boys Patrick and Jack." Christina twitched in confusion. Hobo? Did I look like a hobo? Where am I? In a world without my parents, my aunt, my friends, especially my brother? While the red headed boy headed out in a taxi, Christina stalked up to the door. The doormat in big letters, wrote: "The Marian Residence" and the next purple doormat read: "Welcome!" Christina nudged her head. "It used to say The Dion Residence.." she whispered. She gently placed her heels into the nearby green shoe box, and ran back to the sidewalk- glaring her wide eyes at the glazed mountains of Alura. She didn't know who she was anymore... Where she was... Who she was...

Then, a glow began to spark. Her tears began to disappear. She placed her hand near the flying aura, in a dim blue color. She began to chase the aura, not noticing where she was going and the pain suddenly disappeared. She was lead far, but her eyes were focused on the glow. When the glow vanished, her eyes stopped wondering. The answer was here all along. Love. Love. Love. She was at the beach, going toward the ocean, and not toward the new generation Mike. A blurry soul was in the middle, the exact Mike she'd known. He was waving his arms, for a hug. She slowly raised her hands along too, he was imaginary, but it felt so real. Her tears began to rain on her cheeks. He may not been alive, but his soul. She was soon, going to join him, together they'd be in a world of peace- heaven.

"Who I am, resides in me. Who I am is who I thrust. Who I am is my gentle soul. Who I am is my family. God bless.

-By Best Blueberry heart

I would like comments or any errors to be commented. ^^
Picture number 2-

Roy Alexis's Queen

No Sex Symbol

18,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Lahrette

Long-term project... like you are writing a book? (:
Mind me asking what it is about?
Plan on becoming an author one day? (:

Oh yes it would be much more accurate to sum it up that way.
I love reading as well; I practically inhale stories, haha.

Oh hey, I am in Loper's contest as well c:
My writers block was too bad to enter Pass the Muse, I do wish you good luck though.
I do too, lol, it's why I usually always check when the deadline is again.

I'm bad with politics. You're not too fond of Math?
I always loved math, even though I wasn't that great at it.
I love, love, love Biology, reason why I wanted to become a doctor;
but I'd have to take lots of Physics/Chemistry classes as well.
And I am not too fond of those.

Popular Survivor

8,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Survivor 150
I'm sorry but I won't be able to do this anymore. Please take my name off the list. Again, I'm sorry. sad

Questionable Codger

8,600 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Timid 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Yutora
Lahrette

Long-term project... like you are writing a book? (:
Mind me asking what it is about?
Plan on becoming an author one day? (:

Oh yes it would be much more accurate to sum it up that way.
I love reading as well; I practically inhale stories, haha.

Oh hey, I am in Loper's contest as well c:
My writers block was too bad to enter Pass the Muse, I do wish you good luck though.
I do too, lol, it's why I usually always check when the deadline is again.

I'm bad with politics. You're not too fond of Math?
I always loved math, even though I wasn't that great at it.
I love, love, love Biology, reason why I wanted to become a doctor;
but I'd have to take lots of Physics/Chemistry classes as well.
And I am not too fond of those.

Attempting to, slowly.
It's about a guy who's working for a genetic scientist. He also happens to have superpowers (along with a few other people) and the story starts with him waking up in an alleyway having accidentally (kinda-ish) murdered someone. His corrupt scientist boss finds out and blackmails him into doing some dirty work for him. It doesn't end particularly well for the scientist. I had a pretty summary somewhere (because I'm terrible at summarising on the spot) which I'll have to find.
Nah, I'm not good enough to ever be published.

Mmm... World Book Day tomorrow (heh, or today here seeing as it's past midnight...)

Awesome! I should have my entry up my Friday at the latest.
Thanks smile
I subscribe to anything I'm entered in and try to check back every day or two, sometimes that fails though, especially due to time constraints.

I love Politics. I'd never considered taking it before the taster day though. I'm so glad I went. Maths... I used to love Maths, but A-level is hard. I've gone from an A* student to a failing student in less than a year. It just doesn't make sense any more.
I was looking at medicine, but I'm not empathic enough. I like helping people, as long as they can't moan at me about their problems redface This is why I'm now looking at microbiology - particularly immunology.
I love Chemistry, but I'm glad I didn't take Physics. I vowed after high school to never do it again (this was probably my GCSE teacher's fault, I liked it until the teacher changed and we were being taught by someone who was learning the course as she taught it and was an ideal candidate for "moodiest person in the world".)
I wish everyone luck on the contest 3nodding
yum_puddi

Blessed Raider

9,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
THE DEADLINE IS TODAY AT 24.00
GET YOUR ENTRIES IN NOW!
GOOD LUCK!

Roy Alexis's Queen

No Sex Symbol

18,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Lahrette

That's so lovely! And the idea seems pretty intriging.
I'd love read a bit, if you have it up somewhere?
And of course if you don't mind me reading it xD
Aww, don't say that! If you want to become an author you should try;
can't hurt when you do. It's a dream of mine to someday have something published c:
Even if only one single person buys it, I'd be happy. Haha.

Politics catches my intrest at first, but then I slowly lose it.
Oh yeah, that is pretty hard and damn... less than a year? That's harsh.
Lmfao. Not empathic enough xD Never heard of immunology o: ?

Chemistry was fun, but I hated Physics... I couldn't stand it...
But all I did was write crap off of the board and it killed me xD
I suppose that's how my hate for it just came. Blegh moody teachers suck.
I am good with people whining about their problems, lol, practically pro in it xD
That's why I am thinking of studying Psychology, since I pretty much am a Psychologiest for so many already.

Questionable Codger

8,600 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Timid 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Yutora
Lahrette

That's so lovely! And the idea seems pretty intriging.
I'd love read a bit, if you have it up somewhere?
And of course if you don't mind me reading it xD
Aww, don't say that! If you want to become an author you should try;
can't hurt when you do. It's a dream of mine to someday have something published c:
Even if only one single person buys it, I'd be happy. Haha.

Politics catches my intrest at first, but then I slowly lose it.
Oh yeah, that is pretty hard and damn... less than a year? That's harsh.
Lmfao. Not empathic enough xD Never heard of immunology o: ?

Chemistry was fun, but I hated Physics... I couldn't stand it...
But all I did was write crap off of the board and it killed me xD
I suppose that's how my hate for it just came. Blegh moody teachers suck.
I am good with people whining about their problems, lol, practically pro in it xD
That's why I am thinking of studying Psychology, since I pretty much am a Psychologiest for so many already.

I've got a little up in the link in my signature smile
I'd love it if you read it.
I'd love to have something published, but I'm rather cynical and pessimistic, so I try not to dream too much.
I know what you mean - it's great when anybody reads my stuff period, so if someone paid for it I'd be amazed.

Ah, I've got a pretty interesting teacher - he used to be in the Conservatives before they kicked him out for being a bit too vocal...
I know, and I've only got eight weeks until exams sad
I'm really quite harsh jn person. Immunology is the study of diseases and vaccines.

Sounds like a good career choice for you. I've got a friend who's really interested in psychology too. I couldn't get into it though...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff