The Passing of Time
Gopacksand
xD Its okay. I ranted to :3

Yay for ranting. XD

Yes indeed! biggrin
Gopacksand

My username is: Bait-kun
I prefer to be called: Bait
A little on who I am: I'm 15 year old aspiring writer.I've been in a commited relationship with the girl of my dreams for a year 02/16/2012. I also am diagnosed with ADD so it's hard for me to concentrate on reading for very long. So I typically read short stories and poems and I also write them. And, that's about it.

Questionable Codger

8,600 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Timid 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
I'm interested, but I have a question or two (sorry if these have been answered already!):
1) How long would we get to enter our submissions for each prompt?
2) And how long would the entry be expected to be?
If this was the summer it wouldn't be a problem - I get a good 2-3 months off - but winter/spring is busy sad

Shameless Lunatic

Bait-kun

A little on who I am: I'm 15 year old aspiring writer.I've been in a commited relationship with the girl of my dreams for a year 02/16/2012. I also am diagnosed with ADD so it's hard for me to concentrate on reading for very long. So I typically read short stories and poems and I also write them. And, that's about it.

Hello! biggrin
And Welcome. Lol. I hope you enjoy it here and have fun during the contest.

Happy Early 1 year for you and your girlfriend! :3

Shameless Lunatic

Lahrette
I'm interested, but I have a question or two (sorry if these have been answered already!):
If this was the summer it wouldn't be a problem - I get a good 2-3 months off - but winter/spring is busy sad

It's fine hun :]
[1] I was planning on giving a month or so for each prompt. I can extended and cut-short, all depending on the amount of time the contestants need. But, with roughly about 25 (hopefully) entries I was planning on starting it at roughly a month each.

[2] It can be as long or as short as you'd like it. Though, if it's only 300-400 words I'm not sure how well you'll do in the contest. They'd have to be some pretty powerful words. But that doesn't mean that you will automatically be eliminated either. Who knows, enough people could like it :] I've seen some really short, really good stories. But if you're worried about it being too long, I honestly have no maximum requirements. You have free reign to make the story yours, the only limitations I'll be putting on it is the prompt.

And it's okay honey :] You can enter, and if ever you find yourself in need of a little more time or something, just talk to me and I'll see what I can do. I've a very flexible person, I promise.
Gopacksand
Bait-kun

Hello! biggrin
And Welcome. Lol. I hope you enjoy it here and have fun during the contest.

Happy Early 1 year for you and your girlfriend! :3

Thank you ^ ^

Shameless Lunatic

Bait-kun

Thank you ^ ^

You are most welcome! 3nodding

Questionable Codger

8,600 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Timid 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Gopacksand
Lahrette

It's fine hun :]
[1] I was planning on giving a month or so for each prompt. I can extended and cut-short, all depending on the amount of time the contestants need. But, with roughly about 25 (hopefully) entries I was planning on starting it at roughly a month each.

[2] It can be as long or as short as you'd like it. Though, if it's only 300-400 words I'm not sure how well you'll do in the contest. They'd have to be some pretty powerful words. But that doesn't mean that you will automatically be eliminated either. Who knows, enough people could like it :] I've seen some really short, really good stories. But if you're worried about it being too long, I honestly have no maximum requirements. You have free reign to make the story yours, the only limitations I'll be putting on it is the prompt.

And it's okay honey :] You can enter, and if ever you find yourself in need of a little more time or something, just talk to me and I'll see what I can do. I've a very flexible person, I promise.

That's great, thanks biggrin

Generous time limits and unlimited word-counts...I'm liking this more and more....

Gopacksand

My username is: Lahrette
I prefer to be called: Anything at all. Honestly, I've heard it all...
A little on who I am: I'm a slightly insane English girl who has been described (rather accurately by a visiting maths lecturer) as "a loner who's away with the fairies". I'm currently studying Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Politics at Sixth Form in a view to doing microbiology at uni and have been told by quite a few confused people that I should've done English. I wish I had, but I can't swap out Maths for English sad

I write mostly odd bits of fantasy, but I can do romance, action, historical and some others too. I have never tried sci-fi or horror and I'm terrible at comedy (but I'll give it a go). I have been told by various people that my writing reminds them of various authors, some good and some bad. My writing got a little darker last year after one particular comment I was insulted by - my friend didn't mean it as an insult, I just hate said author.

I'm also a gamer. I'm an ex-WoW player and I love pretty much anything from Little Big Planet to Dead Space. I dislike CoD (and most shooters...). I used to play keyboard, but then my tutoring stopped and I forgot how to play. I'm not good with sport, but I love long walks - I do around 7.5 miles most days. I also enjoy cooking - especially with chocolate and alcohol - and oddly enough I don't mind washing up.

Despite my comment about cooking with alcohol, I'm not actually eighteen yet, but that's fine because in England you're allowed to drink - with parents' permission - from the age of five. I'm just glad I'll be able to start driving lessons in 7 months time.

I've gone on too long. Well... that's me...

Shameless Lunatic

Lahrette
That's great, thanks biggrin

Generous time limits and unlimited word-counts...I'm liking this more and more....

I'm glad :]

Lahrette
My username is: Lahrette
I prefer to be called: Anything at all. Honestly, I've heard it all...
A little on who I am: I'm a slightly insane English girl who has been described (rather accurately by a visiting maths lecturer) as "a loner who's away with the fairies". I'm currently studying Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Politics at Sixth Form in a view to doing microbiology at uni and have been told by quite a few confused people that I should've done English. I wish I had, but I can't swap out Maths for English sad

I write mostly odd bits of fantasy, but I can do romance, action, historical and some others too. I have never tried sci-fi or horror and I'm terrible at comedy (but I'll give it a go). I have been told by various people that my writing reminds them of various authors, some good and some bad. My writing got a little darker last year after one particular comment I was insulted by - my friend didn't mean it as an insult, I just hate said author.

I'm also a gamer. I'm an ex-WoW player and I love pretty much anything from Little Big Planet to Dead Space. I dislike CoD (and most shooters...). I used to play keyboard, but then my tutoring stopped and I forgot how to play. I'm not good with sport, but I love long walks - I do around 7.5 miles most days. I also enjoy cooking - especially with chocolate and alcohol - and oddly enough I don't mind washing up.

Despite my comment about cooking with alcohol, I'm not actually eighteen yet, but that's fine because in England you're allowed to drink - with parents' permission - from the age of five. I'm just glad I'll be able to start driving lessons in 7 months time.

I've gone on too long. Well... that's me...

Oh the amusement lecturer's provide. One once told me that I should be a doctor; "You already have the illegible signature down. What more is there?"
I love Chemistry. I was actually going for my Associates In Science. But then.. Things happened. I changed my mind, and now I'm afraid that I'm on financial aid suspension. Oh the joys of life. When I can go back though, I'm not sure if I want to go to a Police Academy or be a Nurse... Life choices. Lol. Which brings me to your dilemma, why can't you switch Maths for English? If that's where you want to be, forcing yourself in one direction will only make you resent it.

Anywho, you should't let insults to your writing get to you. It only means that the person was too childish to offer words of encouragement or self-improvement. That, or they just don't have such big words in their vocabulary.
As for the friend thing, it's a bit funny when thought about. But, I'm sorry you didn't like to author. Whomever they were.

Video games are amazing. And I have to agree with you on the likes and dislikes of everything you formally mentioned. Though, I admittedly do like some shooters.
Lol the alcohol thing made me chuckle. A lot of things in your post made me chuckle, honestly.

Welcome to the contest :]
I hope you enjoy your time here, and I hope to get to know you and your writings a bit better as well.

Oi, so many English people tonight lol

Timid Seeker

6,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Gopacksand

My username is: Crochet Hearts
I prefer to be called: Wuvu
A little on who I am:
I'll be twenty-three years old on March 7th. I've been living with my current husband for four to five years, we've been married for (nearly) two years. I also have a six month old girl who loves attention to care for....so I'm often busy. xd But I'll do my best to keep up in the competition!

I enjoy writing though my stories always feel like they're missing something, and I can finish a short story but I can never seem to get half-way through a full novel. I'm also a terrible poet. smile

I also enjoy drawing quite a bit as well and am trying to learn a few new things concerning it. I'm best at drawing animals in realism for the most part.

If I'm not doing much else, I'm possibly playing first person shooter type games, Sims and racing games(Mario Kart Wii as one specific choice lol.) I can't really say if I'm really a gamer. I play to play and don't really care about being the best at everything, but I do enjoy friendly competition every so often!

Shameless Lunatic

Crochet Hearts

My username is: Crochet Hearts
I prefer to be called: Wuvu
A little on who I am:
I'll be twenty-three years old on March 7th. I've been living with my current husband for four to five years, we've been married for (nearly) two years. I also have a six month old girl who loves attention to care for....so I'm often busy. xd But I'll do my best to keep up in the competition!

I enjoy writing though my stories always feel like they're missing something, and I can finish a short story but I can never seem to get half-way through a full novel. I'm also a terrible poet. smile

I also enjoy drawing quite a bit as well and am trying to learn a few new things concerning it. I'm best at drawing animals in realism for the most part.

If I'm not doing much else, I'm possibly playing first person shooter type games, Sims and racing games(Mario Kart Wii as one specific choice lol.) I can't really say if I'm really a gamer. I play to play and don't really care about being the best at everything, but I do enjoy friendly competition every so often!

Welcome Wuvu :]
I hope you enjoy your time here!

March 7th? Lol. I have two friends that both have a birthday on March 7th as well lol. Same age and everything. So, you can imagine I find this very amusing.
Late congratulations on your marriage! biggrin And your child, who sounds adorable. But then again, every child sounds adorable to me. I wish I worked in a Day Care still...

Anyways~ :] I'm a terrible poet too, so no worries lol. Luckly, this isn't a poetry contest. Lol.

I've yet to play Sims, thought apparently it's God-Sent. From what my friends tell me at least lol.

It's great meeting you! And i hope to get to know more about you and your writing biggrin Lol
Gopacksand

My username is: Darkstarzz
I prefer to be called: You can call me Dark, or Jay!
A little on who I am: Well, let's see here! I am of the awesome age of seventeen, and I was born on September 22nd. My sister was born on July 22nd exactly 22 months after I was born, so it gives the number '22' (to me at least) a special meaning!

Like many of those out there (in this forum) I enjoy writing fantasy, and creating my own forms of magic, energy manipulation, or whathaveyou.

Uh, I am intending to major in Computer Science! To be honest, I feel that programming is like writing stories. I have a language (java or something) and I can write whatever I want however I want. Sure there are limitations and colloquialisms (like text-speak) but, I just feel that I want my career to have to do with writing. Combined with my affection with math and sciences, Computer Science seems the way to go!

I also think it's amazing that you, Sand, and all the other contestants are actually responding to each other. Nothing creeps me out like an empty forum!

Shameless Lunatic

Darkstarzz

My username is: Darkstarzz
I prefer to be called: You can call me Dark, or Jay!
A little on who I am: Well, let's see here! I am of the awesome age of seventeen, and I was born on September 22nd. My sister was born on July 22nd exactly 22 months after I was born, so it gives the number '22' (to me at least) a special meaning!

Like many of those out there (in this forum) I enjoy writing fantasy, and creating my own forms of magic, energy manipulation, or whathaveyou.

Uh, I am intending to major in Computer Science! To be honest, I feel that programming is like writing stories. I have a language (java or something) and I can write whatever I want however I want. Sure there are limitations and colloquialisms (like text-speak) but, I just feel that I want my career to have to do with writing. Combined with my affection with math and sciences, Computer Science seems the way to go!

I also think it's amazing that you, Sand, and all the other contestants are actually responding to each other. Nothing creeps me out like an empty forum!

Well geez, I'd say that 22 was special! Lol. That can't be a coincidence.. Lol. So I take it that you're close with your sister? :] That's really awesome. I'm close with mine too. We're 5 years apart but she's my best friend.

'Whathaveyou', defiantly an interesting way to say things. Lol. I always find pleasure in finding new non-words. :]

Wow, that is one way to combine everything. I commend you for your love of Math, I honestly can't stand it. I prefer letters or numbers. Not both, and defiantly not mixed in with symbols. Which is rather ironic when you think about the fact that I completely adore science. I don't know much about programming, sorry. My dad does though. But we don't talk much lol.

Well thank you! :] Yeah, I hate empty forums too. I don't see why, just because it's a contest, people can't talk as well. It's good to get to know the people around you. Know who and what your up against. And not only that, but in a good community, competing or not, it's always nice to help each other. I'm not saying write someones story for them, but it's always nice to have someone in a struggle of any kind, even if it's writers block.
Plus, I hate empty forums too. Makes me wonder if the contest is still going or not. And then when you put in your two cents that you'll join, you don't even get a response from the host. It's rather dishearting.

But anyways, welcome! biggrin
I do hope you enjoy your time here. And maybe even make a few new friends.
We all will be seeing a lot of each other over the next couple of months after all :]

Shameless Lunatic

I've added a 'Know Each Other' post to the front page.
I think it'll do everyone good :] At least, I hope so...
Anyways, take a look at it okay? It doesn't bite I promise :]

On that note, I'm going home everyone. I've been off work for about 2 hours now.. Just been hanging around in this thread. Lol.
Goodnight/Good Morning/Good Evening/Good Afternoon. Whichever it may be for you :]
I'll see you all tomorrow evening (for me). I'll respond to all new posts then ^_^

And early in advance Welcome! To everyone new coming in and signing up. Sorry I couldn't be here when you did. But I promise to be back tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff