Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Lunatic

User Image

Welcome to Pass The Muse: A Writing Competition. I'm your host, Sand. :]

Let me explain the basics for you. This is a competition with rounds and everything. There will be 5 rounds total, with X amount of people 'going home' each round. The first round, I will judge the entries and decide who I'll have to be eliminating.

What about the other rounds you ask? Well, there's the catch dears. You will be the judges then. For those that do not enter the contest, they have to opportunity to read the entries and vote on your favorite ones. You only get two votes each though, so choose wisely :].

The ultimate winner of the competition will receive the pool. The pool is the current amount of gold that it going towards to grand prize.

The pool starts at: 1.5 mill
Information on how to donate to the pool will be later explained in the "Pool" post. (How original, right?)

So what are you waiting for?! Sign up! Join the competition and write for your chance at good lump of Gaia Gold :]

User Image

Welcome | Rules | Prompts | Contestants | Second-Chance | Pool | About | Know Each Other | Links | Open

Shameless Lunatic

User Image

User Image

Follow Gaia ToS. Duh.

No plagiarizing. This really should be a given. I'll be looking into all stories entered and if I find it somewhere else under a different name, I'll report you. Posting your story somewhere else is fine, just tell me so I know.

Be literate. I will tell you this right now: If you submit a piece of work with short cut words like "u" instead of "you", no punctuation, and/or no paragraph breaks; you will not get very far in this competition. No one enjoys reading what they don't understand.

Cursing. I don't care if you have a few swear words here and there, but please do not make it a sailors convention.

Please post entry in the thread. My PM box can not hold and organize over 25 or so stories, that I'm sure of. It'll be less likely for me to misplace someones entry if they are all kept in one place. I will provide a forum for your entries in a later post along with more instructions. Please pay attention to them!

No page stretching. Keep quoted conversations to two or three quotes per post please. ~ I understand that the entries will stretch the page, and that's okay.

Do not quote the first page. It's a simple rule. Quoting the first page causes page stretching and that isn't allowed here. It's really not that hard to follow!

No spamming, flamming, trolling or just flat out being an arse. I'll report you without a moments hesitation. Everyone in here worked hard to create their writing, they don't need your destructive criticism. Constructive is okay, but only if they ask for it.

Be kind. It really is such an easy and effortless thing to do. Everyone is welcome here, so lets try to keep that mood in the atmosphere, shall we?

I am God here. What I say goes. It's as simple as that.

I reserve all rights to add rules as I see fit.

Feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns you may have :]

Have fun! :] And enjoy your time here.

Welcome | Rules | Prompts | Contestants | Second-Chance | Pool | About | Know Each Other | Links | Open

Shameless Lunatic

User Image

User Image

There are some general regulations that will apply to every contest, so please pay attention. If you fail to do so, it is highly possible your entry may be over-looked.
There are no maximum or minimum word requirement.
However, I will say this; don't make it a short "thrown together in an hour because I'm just trying to get a chance at easy gold" entry. The prize is so high because I expect everyone to put some real hard work behind their pieces.
Post your entry in this thread in the Document post style.
I give you a month to write your entry. Use it. Kind of like the icon says "Edit. Edit. Edit. Panic. Research. Edit. WRITE." That's how you get a really good written piece. Editing, researching, more editing, more researching and of course writing.
If you do not wish to post your entry in the thread, your more then welcome to post it on an outside site like Deviant Art or FictionPress. The only requirement is, I want a date stamp on the piece. If the piece is dated last week or a month ago then you'll be disqualified. Also, no plagiarism. That really should be a given.
Be original and have fun :]

Round 1
------- Okay! First round everyone. Are we excited? I am :] The prompt for this one has a kind of over-used theme (in movies and such at least) to it but that's just the thing. I want you to put a twist on it that you don't commonly see. Ready for the prompt? Here you go:

-------For some reason or another (which you are to tell me about), your character ends up stranded in the middle of nowhere. So, having no choice they go and stay at the hotel in a near-by town. But, there seems to be something... off about this small township that the locals seem to avoid the topic of. Curiosity takes over and since your character is pretty much stuck there for a while, they decide to preform their own investigation on the secrets of the towns people. However, the truth turns out to be a bit more then they can handle...
Due Date: March 9th
Small extension given. New Due Date: March 14th

-------I know that this has the lay out to a horror/suspense/twisted kind of story, but that's just the thing. It doesn't have to be. You can make this humorous (maybe their hiding something they don't want others to know because they are ashamed of the stupidity of it) or you can make it a sad story. Make it whatever you want and in whichever time era you'd like. But keep it original.
-------What I'm looking for in this story is character development and detail. I don't care how outlandish the reality of the story may be, make it believable. Make the characters relate-able. Put details into it. Don't just say s/he laughed, how did they laugh? Was it a loud, throaty kind of laugh, or a soft chuckle?
-------Most importantly, have fun with it.

Round 2
-------

Round 3
-------

Round 4
-------

Round 5
-------

Pass The Muse || Round One Entries

Shameless Lunatic

User Image

User Image
Shiro Mezidoria || The Black Lady || Round One [ ]
The Passing of Time || Entry Title || Awaiting Entry
xXLapineGalloiseXx || Entry Title || Awaiting Entry
assassinine || Entry Title || Awaiting Entry
Crochet Hearts || Entry Title || Awaiting Entry
Lahrette || Untitled || Round One [ ]
Darkstarzz || Entry Title || Round One [ ]
The Love Mutt || Entry Title || Awaiting Entry
craziiloop || Entry Title || Awaiting Entry
Doppler Effect || Entry Title || Awaiting Entry
A Writing Mule || Entry Title || Awaiting Entry
bossBEARS || Entry Title || Awaiting Entry
Ysavvryl || Top Hat and Coat || Round One [ ]
Rannchan || Entry Title || Awaiting Entry
Catherine_de_Silver || A Town Of It's Own || Round One [ ]
Joripple || Entry Title || Awaiting Entry
Wahnsinn und Hass || Misericordia || Round One [ ]
Zoyce || Entry Title || Awaiting Entry
Masten December || Entry Title || Awaiting Entry
RADI0 Mouse || Entry Title || Awaiting Entry
iDatenshi || Entry Title || Awaiting Entry
Sky Rhapsody || Entry Title || Awaiting Entry
The Markees Stradivarius || Entry Title || Awaiting Entry

Shameless Lunatic

User Image

User Image
This is a bit of a surprise twist that will be announced and cleared up after the first round. :]

Shameless Lunatic

User Image

User Image
This is the 'pool'. The pool is the current amount of gold collected for the grand prize.
It starts at 1.5 mill of my own personal gold and as I get more from zOMG and varies other things, so does the pool.

Donations are always appreciated, however. :] If you are interested in donating all you have to do is send in a trade to Gopacksand labeled "A Dip In The Pool" and I will make sure that it is added to the contest funds :] The button below will open a trade request with Sand.

User Image

Thank you so much for you help and support! :]
The more people that support this contest, the better I'll be able to make it. And hopefully if it's a big enough hit this 5 months, I'll come back next year or so..

Current Pool Amount: 1.5 mill

Shameless Lunatic

User Image

User Image

I figure, if you stay for the whole time, we've got at least a good 5 month or so of being around one another so, why not introduce myself? :]

My name is Mandy, for the most part. Lol. But around here, people call me Sand. I'd really prefer if you called me Sand until you get to know me a little bit more.

I'm 19 years old, I'll be 20 on March 24th. I currently have my own apartment with a friend of about 4 years. I've only lived there for 2 and half months, give or take. But I do love it. However, my roommate has cats and they have been a problem lately. Spraying and ripping up the carpet... Really irks me. She refuses to declaw them. Anyways, I'm sure I'll rant about that at some point in time, so I won't make you listen to it twice! Lol.

I work at a hotel as the Guest Service Representative. Which is just a fancy way to say that I'm that one chick that checks you in when your arrive and out when you leave. My job allows me to get on the internet so, don't be surprised if you see me around here and I say I'm working. I'm allowed to do that. =P

I'm happily taken by Jake (Runaway Shinobi003). We've been together for 1 year and 7 months now. It's been quit a while, at least for me. It's a pretty stable relationship I believe. We have our problems just like any other couple, but we know how to work through them. Which I think gives us our edge. :]

I'm running this writing contest and a Quest to Charity thread, plus whatever holiday event I may or may not decide to throw. I love doing things like that, if you can't tell... Lol.

Writing is a great passion of mine. I have several different journals at home, each with at least four or five different stories going on in each of them. I'm not very good at sticking with writings that have a long run, however. That is my weakness. Short stories I can write just fine but give me a novel project and I more then promise that I'll struggle to keep interest. I've no idea why I'm like that. It's something I've been working on.

If writing is my greatest passion, then reading would defiantly have to be my second. I read just about everything. Fiction to non-fiction, if it sparks my interest it's either already been in my hands or is on it's way. So, with both passions in mind, it's pretty much self-explanatory why I started this contest right?

Yes, I know you don't recognize me from this forum, but that's because, honestly, I've never been in this forum all too much. For starters, I didn't even really know it was here and secondly, life has been so crazy that I've been on and off Gaia for the past two years or so. But I'm back now, or else I wouldn't take the time to start this :]. I'm hoping that this gets enough attention for me to be able to do it traditionally. I believe that would be rather enjoyable.

Now hun, I do believe it is your turn! If you are interested in joining please fill out this forum and tell me a little about yourself :]. This way, we can all be introduced to one another and I get a taste of what kind of style to expect from you. Even in your most lazy, rushed, and error-filled writings, there is always a piece of who you are attached.

[Quote="Gopacksand"][/quote]

[color=indigo]➸[/color] [color=limegreen]My username is:[/color] [Username]
[color=indigo]❧[/color] [color=limegreen]I prefer to be called:[/color] [Nickname]
[color=indigo]✐[/color] [color=limegreen]A little on who I am:[/color] [About yourself]

Shameless Lunatic

User Image

After some brainstorming and getting to know some of the lovely people signing up, something hit me right between the eyes. The 'Writing Contest' forum is a very silent and non-sociable community. So, I think it's best if everyone got to know each other. No more of this anti-social attitudes. We're writers, not robots people. I promise that it is okay to have fun, talk, and make new friends while competing in a contest.

Here I will be posting all forums filled out by the individuals that are signing up. Each person has told a little bit of something about themselves. Please, use this information to talk to one another. This thread doesn't have to be nothing but sign up forums, story entries and bumps. It's not against the rules to have a conversation while in the midst of a contest. I know, I've looked.

Shiro Mezidoria
My username is: Shiro Mezidoria
I prefer to be called: Shiro
A little on who I am: I am a passionate writer who can't complete short stories no matter how hard I try. Everything I write gets so detailed, it has to be a novel. However, I can't seem to finish them either. My birthday is two days after Sand's and I'll be 23. I'm interested in this little contest, but my trouble will be remembering it's here. I don't really like saying too much about myself online, so I'll cut it off here.

The Passing of Time
My username is: The Passing of Time
I prefer to be called: Time
A little on who I am: I'm 15 (ah, I feel so young!) and I love writing. There's hardly anything to do where I live and generally I'm far too anxious to do anything else anyway, so I spend a lot of time writing or reading. C: I've got several projects on the go but none of my longer pieces ever seem to get finished... A lack of motivation, probably, and a tendency to ramble. But I'm alright with short stories, generally. biggrin
I like to think I'm a nice person, so feel free to talk as I'm probably way too shy to actually start up a conversation, even over the internet. whee
Also, this sounds like a really fun contest! I can't wait for it to start. wink
I'm also going to stop before I start rambling again, because I really do do that a lot. XD
Ha ha, do do!

xXLapineGalloiseXx
My username is: xXLapineGalloiseXx
I prefer to be called: Lapine, Lap, or Meg
A little on who I am: My name is Megan. I'm 13 years old. I've lived in three different countries, and 11 different houses; 1 house in France, 2 house in Italy and 9 houses in England. I have a cat and a dog; the dog is called Valentine Cairo, but Cairo for short, and my cat is called Charlie. I enjoy reading and writing, and when I'm in university I want to get a PhD in Criminology 3nodding

assassinine
My username is: assassinine
I prefer to be called: assassin or nine. or ine. or assassinine. I don't really care. You could call me "a**" if it weren't censored.
A little on who I am: I'm a college student who enjoys writing. I've considered myself a writer since I was a wee little tyke. Inspiration as of late has come few and far in between though, which is why I find myself on this forum, and jumping on this contest opportunity. Erm, I tend to be honest and sarcastic, which is sometimes present in my writing. I emphasize sometimes because there are times in which my work is completely devoid of sarcasm, though it is usually always honest. I'm up to any challenge with writing though - always looking to expand my horizons into different genres and styles.

Bait-kun
My username is: Bait-kun
I prefer to be called: Bait
A little on who I am: I'm 15 year old aspiring writer.I've been in a commited relationship with the girl of my dreams for a year 02/16/2012. I also am diagnosed with ADD so it's hard for me to concentrate on reading for very long. So I typically read short stories and poems and I also write them. And, that's about it.

Lahrette
My username is: Lahrette
I prefer to be called: Anything at all. Honestly, I've heard it all...
A little on who I am: I'm a slightly insane English girl who has been described (rather accurately by a visiting maths lecturer) as "a loner who's away with the fairies". I'm currently studying Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Politics at Sixth Form in a view to doing microbiology at uni and have been told by quite a few confused people that I should've done English. I wish I had, but I can't swap out Maths for English sad

I write mostly odd bits of fantasy, but I can do romance, action, historical and some others too. I have never tried sci-fi or horror and I'm terrible at comedy (but I'll give it a go). I have been told by various people that my writing reminds them of various authors, some good and some bad. My writing got a little darker last year after one particular comment I was insulted by - my friend didn't mean it as an insult, I just hate said author.

I'm also a gamer. I'm an ex-WoW player and I love pretty much anything from Little Big Planet to Dead Space. I dislike CoD (and most shooters...). I used to play keyboard, but then my tutoring stopped and I forgot how to play. I'm not good with sport, but I love long walks - I do around 7.5 miles most days. I also enjoy cooking - especially with chocolate and alcohol - and oddly enough I don't mind washing up.

Despite my comment about cooking with alcohol, I'm not actually eighteen yet, but that's fine because in England you're allowed to drink - with parents' permission - from the age of five. I'm just glad I'll be able to start driving lessons in 7 months time.

I've gone on too long. Well... that's me...

Crochet Hearts
My username is: Crochet Hearts
I prefer to be called: Wuvu
A little on who I am:
I'll be twenty-three years old on March 7th. I've been living with my current husband for four to five years, we've been married for (nearly) two years. I also have a six month old girl who loves attention to care for....so I'm often busy. xd But I'll do my best to keep up in the competition!

I enjoy writing though my stories always feel like they're missing something, and I can finish a short story but I can never seem to get half-way through a full novel. I'm also a terrible poet. smile

I also enjoy drawing quite a bit as well and am trying to learn a few new things concerning it. I'm best at drawing animals in realism for the most part.

If I'm not doing much else, I'm possibly playing first person shooter type games, Sims and racing games(Mario Kart Wii as one specific choice lol.) I can't really say if I'm really a gamer. I play to play and don't really care about being the best at everything, but I do enjoy friendly competition every so often!

Darkstarzz
My username is: Darkstarzz
I prefer to be called: You can call me Dark, or Jay!
A little on who I am: Well, let's see here! I am of the awesome age of seventeen, and I was born on September 22nd. My sister was born on July 22nd exactly 22 months after I was born, so it gives the number '22' (to me at least) a special meaning!

Like many of those out there (in this forum) I enjoy writing fantasy, and creating my own forms of magic, energy manipulation, or whathaveyou.

Uh, I am intending to major in Computer Science! To be honest, I feel that programming is like writing stories. I have a language (java or something) and I can write whatever I want however I want. Sure there are limitations and colloquialisms (like text-speak) but, I just feel that I want my career to have to do with writing. Combined with my affection with math and sciences, Computer Science seems the way to go!

I also think it's amazing that you, Sand, and all the other contestants are actually responding to each other. Nothing creeps me out like an empty forum!

The Love Mutt
My username is: thelovemutt
I prefer to be called: TLM usually works.
A little on who I am: Hmm. What to say? I got my undergraduate degree in Psychology last May, and I'm hoping to go to grad school come fall for Expressive Therapies (namely focusing on drama therapy and writing therapy). I've been writing creatively for who knows how long, but I got more serious about my writing in middle school, and have written ever since. My biggest regret is that I don't write more often. I'm mostly a poetry person, but I have taken a course on writing prose (and do so when the mood hits me) as well as Playwriting. I also participated in NaNoWriMo the past two years and won this year. I've been a WC regular since... oh boy... 2005? I used to hang out in the WW&CCF threads (HQ and the Colisseum), but since those faded away, you can usually find me around Wing McCallister's Anything Goes contest. I'm entering this contest in an attempt to get myself writing again. Here's hoping!

craziiloop
My username is: craziiloop
I prefer to be called: Socii or any derivation of my current username (which will probably be changed soon - I'll make sure I'll let you know if it does, though)
A little on who I am: I am an English student, but at a French university. This mean that, instead of classes such as Creative Writing, we have Phonetics and Translation classes. We do study Literature, but since about 98% of the students are not native English speakers (only anglophiles) the level is a lot lower than an English program in an anglophone country.

As for my writing career, I've been writing on and off for many years. I had troubles getting anything finished though (whether it be short or long stories) and took a break of a couple of years from all writing. Then, two things happened. One, I started a long-term collaboration with my beta (HP fanfiction, we've been discussing and working on it for over a year now). Two, I found the writing shop subforum on Gaia during the summer and set up a shop. Needless to say, inspiration just came flooding in and I've basically been writing nonstop (commissions, personal projects and the collab) ever since. It's incredibly satisfying finishing a story and I don't see myself stopping writing anymore. I'm branching out instead, entering more contests, joining critique-oriented sites and considering opening up for RL commissions.

I've only started writing again since July (or so) but I felt that my writing has improved drastically ^^

Doppler Effect
My username is: Doppler Effect
I prefer to be called: Fahrielle. She's actually also my old main on Gaia, but zOMG glitched on there.
A little on who I am: I'm in my first year studying electrical engineering, and my first semester taking on a maximum course load, so obviously instead of doing all/any of my assignments I'm procrastinating. sweatdrop

My writing is a bit of everything but mostly fiction, and usually short. I used to write fantasy stories (superpowers, alternate universes), but I've been writing more realistic stories these days. They tend to be rather morbid though.

Not really sure what else to say about me... I'm addicted to Tim Hortons right now? I eat almost every single meal there, ever since I realized they served lasagna. gonk So not healthy.

A Writing Mule
My username is: A Writing Mule
I prefer to be called: Mule is fine.
A little on who I am: I'm not very good at talking about myself, so this will be rather short. I live in Canada and I'm currently studying archaeology in university. Writing is a passion of mine, among other things. I'm also a big gamer. As far as writing is concerned, I tend to write science-fiction and horror. I have quite a few short stories that I should probably upload to FictionPress.

That's about it, really. If there's anything else you would like to know, feel free to ask. I consider myself a rather easy person to get along with.

bossBEARS
My username is: bossBEARS
I prefer to be called: bossBEARS
A little on who I am: 13/Single/Minnesota/Female/African American
Bitchy
Sarcastic
Nice
Bubbly
Crazy
Random
Fun
Cocky
Determined
Sushi Lover
Vote Whore
Lazy (sometimes)
Thoughtful
Caring
I love Writing!
Indivisual
Childish
Immature ^.^
Anything Else? Contact!

troldtog
My username is:Troldtog
I prefer to be called:Trold for short, I guess?
A little on who I am:Mathematician. Warren Zevon fan. Forum troll. That about covers it, really.
Quote:
➸ Cursing. I don't care if you have a few swear words here and there, but please do not make it a sailors convention.

I'm now going to have to put at least one literal convention of sailors in my story somewhere

Ysavvryl
My username is: Ysavvryl
I prefer to be called: Ysa. But it always makes me smile when someone manages to spell the whole thing right without reference!
A little on who I am: I'm a writing addict, pretty much. I'm a cat person, because most dogs scare me at least a little. Most of the time, I write fantasy, but I play around in other genres often. And there is a good chance that I may be putting extra writing restrictions on myself. I write a lot, so I always feel like I need to play fair and limit myself.

And if anyone wants a proofread or critique, I'll be happy to do so. I promise I'll give lots of help even to fellow contest participants, because I like to see others improve and be at their best.

Rannchan
My username is: Rannchan
I prefer to be called: Rannchan or Rann. Please do not call me Ran. It's a pet-peeve of mine.
A little on who I am: I'm turning 24 in April and am currently engaged to someone not on Gaia. I made him an avatar and put it on my profile though. =P

I enjoyed writing a lot when I was young and now only do it occasionally when the muse strikes me. Most of my writing in the past few years have all been in, around, and for my Guild. Starting with a game and fueled by a reminder that responses need not always be short, I started a trend for a little while where our responses to little games turned into short stories. It was a glorious time and this contest may just get that spark back enough for me to try and re-start my little spurts of short fiction.

Want to know anything in particular about me? Just ask! I never truly know what to write in introductions. I either don't say enough, or I go on way too long and say too much.

Catherine_de_Silver
My username is: Catherine_de_Silver
I prefer to be called: Cat
A little on who I am: I'm a theatre major with a degree. I enjoy writing thetare related stories and have fun with the same characters each time. I'm single and enjoy watching old movies - mostly black and white's. I've been writing for a few years now (getting into trouble during class for doing so). I read when not writing and play the piano when not reading. When not doing any of those I'm working as a chaffeur/sectary/cook/trainer/assistant to an old lady. I'm constantly looking for new writing contest to keep my writing up and fresh. Like every self-respecting person around, I'm working on a novel (so far for ten years). Ta-Dah!

Joripple
My username is: Joripple
I prefer to be called: Jo
A little on who I am: Name's Joanne and I'm nearly 17. I have written for pleasure for a long time, but I never considered/called myself a writer. I tend to get easily distracted and drift off topic, so it’s not unusual for me to spend more time on a character's background story than the actual plot. I also develop obsessions easily (esp on characters from tv show or books; real life people are not excluded) and they take over my time. As for reading, I am a fan of realism books, but I could also say that YA genre is my guilty pleasure (not all of it, obviously). I like twists and weird pairing when it comes to romance. I'm a procrastinator and an insomniac, so I waste my sleepless nights browsing the web for fanfiction and role-plays.

wahnsinn und hass
My username is: Wahnsinn und Hass
I prefer to be called: Wahnsinn or Sinny
A little on who I am: I am 18 years old. I'm a generally nice person, but I can sometimes write some pretty twisted stuff. I really love anything with aliens or sentient dolls/robots. I believe in love, so a lot of my work features m/m or f/f. I've only finished one full-length story. My strength is short stories, which is depressing because I'd like to have a book published someday... I like comics and gaming, and I'm trying to make a webcomic. Oh! And I'm a horrible, horrible speller.

Zoyce
My username is: Zoyce
I prefer to be called: Loyce (which is my real name)
A little on who I am: Well, where do I begin? I am a relatively young girl with an interesting past and an even more interesting future to follow. Within my brain swirl a lot of odd things that would shock even the wildest deviants. (Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration. But it would shock you, surely.) I float in and out of various sites that are similar to Gaia, as well as MMORPG's and the such. I have a tendency to detach myself from reality for long periods of time, and the result is a mass production of fleeting creativity. Writing is one of my many passionate outlets for the creativity, even if I often find myself without a muse when I finally convince myself to move the mouse far enough to type up some words. In short, I am a fairly imbalanced and stable, odd and benign girl who is willing to try almost anything once.

Masten December
My username is: Masten December
I prefer to be called: Masten or Dec
A little on who I am: I'm pretty young, comparatively. I might be a boy or I might be a girl. I err on the side of tactlessness. I excel in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, but art and creative writing is where my interests truly lie. I like to think that I'm enigmatic, but I could potentially only be fooling myself.

Also, I swear and use emoticons. A lot. :C Like a text-based emotional sailor, basically.

RADI0 Mouse
My username is: RADI0 Mouse
I prefer to be called: Radio, Mouse, Mousey - whichever you like.
A little on who I am: I'm a University student studying Bilingual Commerce (French and English) in Canada. I'm a hobby writer and artist with a serious passion for both. I love to write shorts now and again, and am continuously working on several larger projects. Never finished a long project, but I enjoy the process - I tend to get lost in the characters' backstories and the research my pieces force me to do, but I enjoy it wholeheartedly. I'm drawn to a more sarcastic, dark and, sometimes, humorous style.

iDatenshi
My username is: iDatenshi
I prefer to be called: Daten
A little on who I am: I am a human being who happens to enjoy a multitude of things, writing being one. I don't consider myself terrible, but I guess I wouldn't be good either. I change the details about myself far to often to get into. I am me.

Sky Rhapsody
My username is: [Sky Rhapsody]
I prefer to be called: [Sky]
A little on who I am: [I'm a poor high school student who's soon going to be a poor college student. As long as I can remember, I've always had stories to tell. There's characters just walking through my mind, chatting with one another and telling me there stories and demanding I write them down. And I couldn't be happier.]

The Markees Stradivarius
My username is: The Markees Stradivarius
I prefer to be called: Juri
A little on who I am: I am a student artist and starting college in the fall. I am a fan of anime and manga. I like to dress in plain t-shirts and baggy pants. I like music, especially acoustic covers, jazz, instrumentals, and Korean ballad. Nice to meet you.

Shameless Lunatic

User Image

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/writing-contests/t.77654907/][img]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff256/lovemyrock/Writing Contest/PassTheMuse88x31.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/writing-contests/t.77654907/][img]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff256/lovemyrock/Writing Contest/PassTheMuse200x40.jpg[/img][/url]

——————————————————————————————————

If you want to be an affiliation, please PM your banners to Gopacksand.
Failure to do so will result in your request being ignored.
Also, Please have us as an affiliation as well!
I check links every now and again. If you thread has been closed, I will remove your link.
I also remove dead links or deleted pictures.
So make sure you keep your affiliations up-to-date with what you are doing.
Only 88x31 and 200x40 please or dangerously close to it

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image User Image User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image
User Image User Image User Image

Shameless Lunatic

User Image

Shameless Lunatic

And it's open :]

Come one, come all! biggrin Lol

But I need to go home... So, I'll add all new contests tomorrow.

(Hopefully there will be some! biggrin )

1,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Statustician 100
Gopacksand

A little on who I am: I am a passionate writer who can't complete short stories no matter how hard I try. Everything I write gets so detailed, it has to be a novel. However, I can't seem to finish them either. My birthday is two days after Sand's and I'll be 23. I'm interested in this little contest, but my trouble will be remembering it's here. I don't really like saying too much about myself online, so I'll cut it off here.

6,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Gopacksand

A little on who I am: I'm 15 (ah, I feel so young!) and I love writing. There's hardly anything to do where I live and generally I'm far too anxious to do anything else anyway, so I spend a lot of time writing or reading. C: I've got several projects on the go but none of my longer pieces ever seem to get finished... A lack of motivation, probably, and a tendency to ramble. But I'm alright with short stories, generally. biggrin
I like to think I'm a nice person, so feel free to talk as I'm probably way too shy to actually start up a conversation, even over the internet. whee
I'm also going to stop before I start rambling again, because I really do do that a lot. XD
Ha ha, do do!

Shameless Lunatic

Shiro Mezidoria

Well hello Shiro! biggrin
Welcome to the competition!
Two days after mine? That's cool lol. I have a friend who's birthday is right after mine. So, I guess now that's three birthdays in a row. biggrin
And funny enough, I'm still the youngest. Lol.

Anyways! I do hope you enjoy your time here and find the contest itself fun. :]

Shameless Lunatic

The Passing of Time

Ha ha, do do!

Hello Time biggrin
And Welcome!
Oh, you are young! Lol. But that's okay, that just means you have more time ahead of you :]
My sister is 15 as well, and she's a darn good writer if I may say so myself, so age is nothing but a number around here :]

I ramble a lot too. I think that may be one of my problems with my writings as well. So much to say in too little words.
I'm glad you think it sounds fun! biggrin Took some brain storming and my roommate helped me a bit with some of the ideas lol.

I hope you enjoy your time here! biggrin
Tell your friends about it. The sooner people sign up, to soon we can get started wink

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff