Welcome to Gaia! ::

Peaceful Lunatic

Gopacksand

My username is: Ysavvryl
I prefer to be called: Ysa. But it always makes me smile when someone manages to spell the whole thing right without reference!
A little on who I am: I'm a writing addict, pretty much. I'm a cat person, because most dogs scare me at least a little. Most of the time, I write fantasy, but I play around in other genres often. And there is a good chance that I may be putting extra writing restrictions on myself. I write a lot, so I always feel like I need to play fair and limit myself.

And if anyone wants a proofread or critique, I'll be happy to do so. I promise I'll give lots of help even to fellow contest participants, because I like to see others improve and be at their best.
Ysavvryl

Welcome Ysavvryl! Glad to have you here! What kind of writing do you... well, write? xp

Gopacksand

Good night/afternoon/morning, where ever you may be.

I shall depart soon enough as well!

Peaceful Lunatic

Darkstarzz

Welcome Ysavvryl! Glad to have you here! What kind of writing do you... well, write? xp

Hi, and thanks!

My main focus is mostly novels, but I do lots of short stories as writing exercises. I've been told that my larger works are a kind of modern-age magepunk. Like steampunk technology, but instead of steam running machines, it's magic running machines.

But really, just about anything. I also write a lot of fanfics. What about you?
Ysavvryl

Magepunk, huh? That sounds pretty interesting!

I stopped writing larger pieces of writing a while back when I started getting swamped by work. Nowadays, I just write little short stories to relieve stress. I write mostly fantasy, and have been getting into the darker areas of such; magic wielding assassins, necromancy, etc.

I roleplay a variety of things as well, from Naruto to Hetalia to Harry Potter to Skyrim!

And I must bid you good night as well, Ysavvryl! Just had surgery, and I just took some narcotics and pain killers. I doubt I'll be awake any longer! Talk you you tomorrow!

Peaceful Lunatic

Darkstarzz
Ysavvryl

Magepunk, huh? That sounds pretty interesting!

I stopped writing larger pieces of writing a while back when I started getting swamped by work. Nowadays, I just write little short stories to relieve stress. I write mostly fantasy, and have been getting into the darker areas of such; magic wielding assassins, necromancy, etc.

I roleplay a variety of things as well, from Naruto to Hetalia to Harry Potter to Skyrim!

And I must bid you good night as well, Ysavvryl! Just had surgery, and I just took some narcotics and pain killers. I doubt I'll be awake any longer! Talk you you tomorrow!

Kay, good night!
Gopacksand

xD Yes.. I actually have to watch it lol. Financial Aid stuffs.. The s**t you have to go through to get out of suspension lol.

Ugh. Video has always seemed like the worst possible way to convey a bunch of boring information. I mean, if it's densely packed information (and instructions are!) then, why on earth wouldn't you give it to someone in paper-form where you can go back and re-read bits without fumbling around rewinding and fast-forwarding. Sorry to hear you're stuck with that.

Quote:

Ah, that's too bad, I have heard that sailors are some of the best dancers in the world, especially when they are spontaneous!

Lies. Terrible, bald-faced lies. But very useful lies, since it motivates people to compose things about sailors dancing which sound awesome.
So how are you guys :3?

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Lahrette

I've got a few friends who are interested in Psychology. It gets ever so confusing and they keep having to stop to explain Freud and stuff like that. I'm terrible at poetry... You've done NaNo? I'd love to do that, but November's not a good time. July would be great, as would August. Yay for returning to writing smile

There's always Camp NaNoWriMo, which takes place in July AND August. =P No pressure, or anything. haha. The first year I tried NaNo, it was in the middle of midterms, the production of the musical I was helping with, jobjobjob hours, and other s**t. I only got about halfway that time. xD This year, though, I was freaking determined. I'm working full time, but I used my three days off to write as much as I possible could. I ended up writing just about 13K words on the final day. I'm planning on being a Co-ML next year, so that was a HUGE motivation for me.

I rarely explain Freud or any of that stuff. I'm far more into the experience of working with clients than the research behind it xD.

Gopacksand
The Love Mutt

Wow, an undergraduate? Congratulations on making it through college! :] And the best of luck in grad school.

I personally think that everyone feels that they should write more then they do.. I know I do. It's cool to see someone that's good at poetry, I know that several of us in here have stated that it's not our strong point xD. It's always interesting to see the difference in writers :]

I've seen Wing McCallister's Anything Goes contest. It seems really interesting, though I'm a bit confused on some parts of it admittedly. Like, for instance, the concept of NaNoWriMo. It's a little confusing to me..

Well, we all have your back here! We'll get you back into writing, even if its kicking and screaming razz Lol
But seriously, Welcome to Pass The Muse :] I hope you like it enough here and stay a while lol

Heh, thanks. If you have any questions about Wing's contest, let me know. I've been a lurker/participant of his thread for a couple of years now, so I know the ropes fairly well. The NaNo thing was a totally different thing for his thread. Normally the basics are: you enter SOMETHING (anything), and at the end of the month, he does an audio recording (the link's in the first page, somewhere) with the results.

The addition of the league gets kind of confusing, but I wouldn't even worry about that until you get used to the contest itself. xD

Timid Seeker

6,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Gopacksand

That's really neat. surprised Lets see how things go then~!

Your call. smile I'll warn you though, it can get pretty boring sometimes.

Lahrette

That's always fun really. xd : I have lots of old papers with really terrible stories put up in a box somewhere myself.
Oh boy I bet that teacher really loved that! smile

I do the same thing. During college classes I'm always doodling something when I've got time. (Also keeps my hands busy so I don't bite my nails.... stare )

Hey if that's what you like to do, why not? lol

Aged Millionaire

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Gopacksand

My username is: Rannchan
I prefer to be called: Rannchan or Rann. Please do not call me Ran. It's a pet-peeve of mine.
A little on who I am: I'm turning 24 in April and am currently engaged to someone not on Gaia. I made him an avatar and put it on my profile though. =P

I enjoyed writing a lot when I was young and now only do it occasionally when the muse strikes me. Most of my writing in the past few years have all been in, around, and for my Guild. Starting with a game and fueled by a reminder that responses need not always be short, I started a trend for a little while where our responses to little games turned into short stories. It was a glorious time and this contest may just get that spark back enough for me to try and re-start my little spurts of short fiction.

Want to know anything in particular about me? Just ask! I never truly know what to write in introductions. I either don't say enough, or I go on way too long and say too much.

Questionable Codger

8,600 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Timid 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Gopacksand

Heh, no worries, a lot of people get confused.

Aww sad I'm sure it'll all work out smile

I've only played XIII and XIV and didn't really like XIII... too many linear corridors and it kind of felt like a film which grudgingly let me push buttons every so often. A very confusing film which let me push buttons every so often. I had little idea of what was going on really redface

Ah, that's understandable. Winter is cold, wet and miserable, so no-one really wants to do anything...except take a holiday to somewhere warm smile

The Love Mutt

Is that the same as NaNo? I might have to take a look, thanks smile I'd never try to do it if I had that much going on - I can see why you'd only get half-way through, I'm not sure I'd even get that far. Though 13k on the final day? That's awesome!

Ah. I think the research is interesting, but there were other things I found more interesting and I didn't really like the teachers, so I dropped it for other things.

Crochet Hearts

Yup, even funnier is when I point this out to someone who doesn't write. You generally get a "why do you keep it if you dislike it so much?" reaction.

I think my teachers have caught onto it though, as much as I try to hide it. Either that or the last three times I've done it in maths have just been coincidences - the subject gets changed with an "I can see I'm boring some people...". That said, I'm not the only one who does it - the girl on my left will chew her pen and daydream while the guy on my right will also doodle and there're othersn who do various things.

Heh, the easier the better wink

Darkstarzz

Unless you've been on the Draenor, Thunderhorn or Aerie Peak EU I wouldn't, sorry sad

Though, if you have then my main's Ellenette (Draenor/Thunderhorn) and my alts are Tahlila (AP), Deschia (AP) and Pyxi (TH). I haven't played in ages though...

troldtog

Though dancing sailors DO sound awesome...

Ysavvryl

*Waves*. I've seen you around the WF/WC before... I'm now trying to figure out where... razz

Peaceful Lunatic

Lahrette

*Waves*. I've seen you around the WF/WC before... I'm now trying to figure out where... razz

I drop in and say something every once and a while. If it was during NaNoWriMo, I ran the Winner's thread here on Gaia and was a cheerleader for many people. I'm also in the Fantasyland contest (but that one is so freaking huge... I thought I'd give myself an April deadline to finish, but I don't know).

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Gopacksand

My username is: Catherine_de_Silver
I prefer to be called: Cat
A little on who I am: I'm a theatre major with a degree. I enjoy writing thetare related stories and have fun with the same characters each time. I'm single and enjoy watching old movies - mostly black and white's. I've been writing for a few years now (getting into trouble during class for doing so). I read when not writing and play the piano when not reading. When not doing any of those I'm working as a chaffeur/sectary/cook/trainer/assistant to an old lady. I'm constantly looking for new writing contest to keep my writing up and fresh. Like every self-respecting person around, I'm working on a novel (so far for ten years). Ta-Dah!

Shameless Lunatic

Bait-kun

I've been rather good, and yourself? :]

7,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Gopacksand

My username is: Joripple
I prefer to be called: Jo
A little on who I am: Name's Joanne and I'm nearly 17. I have written for pleasure for a long time, but I never considered/called myself a writer. I tend to get easily distracted and drift off topic, so it’s not unusual for me to spend more time on a character's background story than the actual plot. I also develop obsessions easily (esp on characters from tv show or books; real life people are not excluded) and they take over my time. As for reading, I am a fan of realism books, but I could also say that YA genre is my guilty pleasure (not all of it, obviously). I like twists and weird pairing when it comes to romance. I'm a procrastinator and an insomniac, so I waste my sleepless nights browsing the web for fanfiction and role-plays.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff