Welcome to Gaia! ::

After the Judging, who's stories should be added to the thread?

All the Stories! 0.41379310344828 41.4% [ 12 ]
Only the Winers! 0.27586206896552 27.6% [ 8 ]
Only the top three, minus the judges's coice and OC stories 0.13793103448276 13.8% [ 4 ]
Only the OC Stories 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Cookies. :3 0.17241379310345 17.2% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 29 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

User Image

Welcome one an all to Mary and Abby's prompt contest!
I am Mary (Or Prinzzez_Kitten) and my co-host is Abby (Abbylee95).
This is our first story contest, but we are eager to read some stories and give away gold. I mean, why else would you be here? GOLD! And we are willing to give it away!

Your prompts will all be images. Unless you know what Paradichlorobenzene is and you are inspired by that.

There is also a special kind of twist to the idea. If you can add our OCs to your story, even if but a moment, you will also have a picture from inside your story drawn for you.
NOTE: Just because you have an OC in your story does not automatically mean you are going to win

1st Place: Anonacci 50K and a fully detailed picture.

2nd Place:Syncopal 30 K and a moderately detailed picture

3rd Place: It is not about me 10 K and a character picture.

Honorable Mention: None? Did I miss your story? If I did please tell me or Abby and we'll fix this.

Judge's Choice: Rotsab M. Hyolf

A note! Technically Rotsab M. Hyolf won the story contest, but at the same time he was the only one to put our characters in, so we gave him the Judge's Choice award, with a raised prize amount of 100K and a fully detailed picture.
User Image

{1} Follow Gaia ToS
{2} Absolutely no plagiarizing. Be it famous works or by a fellow Gaian.
{3} Be respectful to myself and Abby
{4} If you would like to join post here or PM Abby or I.
{5} When your story is complete PM me or Abby.
{6} Please do not quote full posts.
{7} Please use your very best spelling and grammar.
{8} You may send us the full story in PMs or post in either the Gaia journal or a third party website such a Fictionpress or Tumblr.
{9} Do not post your story in the thread until the contest is over. Winners will be posted by us, and then everyone else may post their stories to be rated by fellow Gaians.
{10} All stories are due September 20th (If needed we will extend time one week.) And winners will be announced September 30th, unless we extend time.
{11} Critiques will be offered upon request.
{12} You may write up to 3 stories.

Gaia Name:
Story Name:
Story Length:
Prompt(s):
Prompts:

User Image
Princess

User Image
Fantastic Tree

User Image
Centaur

User Image
Gothic Castle

User Image
City Life

User Image
Wolf Hunt

User Image
Fox Girl

User Image
Grave Yard

User Image
Amazing Fire
Original Characters:

Prinzzez_Kitten's Characters: Clara and Ira Delgado

Name:Clara Marie Delgado
Appearance: Very white skin, blue eyes, short black hair almost to her shoulders. Not athletic, but not totally unhealthy. Most likely to wear a green hoodie and black belle bottoms.

Setting/time period: Modern.
Brief history: Clara and Ira (See below) are twins who's parents were murdered when they were but days old. So they were raised by their Aunt and Uncle in a small town in New England. On their fourteenth birthday they are given keys to a magic kingdom filled with mythical creatures, and they become the masters of the kingdom. Now they juggle life and their kingdom.
Most influential person in their life: It's a tie between her late Great Uncle Waylon, who uses magic means to reach them, and her brother.

Personality in general: Clara may not be the brightest girl in the world, but she makes up for it by being kind and outgoing. She may not be athletic, but she is full of energy and is always off running erands for her kingdom.
Pers. in three words of your choosing: Bubbly, Energetic, Outgoing.
Pers. in three words of the OC's choosing: Awesome, Fun, Cool.

Likes: The color green is her favorite color. She loves to eat and pick on her brother. Humor, magic, kindness, honesty, loyalty, bravery.
Dislikes: A particular boy who has a crush on her. Evil, dark magic, anger, darkness, owls.

Animal that best represents them: A red panda. As long as the creatures frolics and scurries.
Item you own that best represents them: Giant Asian Fan/Stuffed Tiger
Weather that best represents them: Sunny day of moderate warmth.

Name: Ira Waylon Delgado
Appearance: Very white skin, with short and well kept black hair. Blue eyes and glasses. When his glasses are off to see the creatures in his kingdom, they turn ice blue. Most likely to wear a vest, tie, and black pants. Quite thin.

Setting/time period: Modern
Brief history: Ira is Clara's twin brother. Their parents were murdered when the twins were only a few days old, and they were raised by their Aunt and Uncle in a small New England town. Upon their fourteenth birthday they were gifted a mythical kingdom, and Ira took charge of less adventures inquires of their kingdom than Clara.
Most influential person in their life: His great uncle Waylon, or perhaps Einstein.

Personality in general: Ira is much more well mannered than Clara. He is calm, collected and very smart. He makes up for the smartness that Clara lacks. While he may seem sweet, which he can be, he is rather aloof and mysteriously cunning, but not exactly evil.
Pers. in three words of your choosing: Calm, collect, smart.
Pers. in three words of the OC's choosing: Smart, well mannered, cold.

Likes: Books, learning, calmness, delicate things, his kingdom and sister.
Dislikes: Hyper-ness, over bubbly school girls, gossip, over bubbly school guys, stereotypical teenagers.

Animal that best represents them: The wise of Owl.
Item you own that best represents them: Sherlock Holmes Book/Candles
Weather that best represents them: Mid winter with a light and fluffy snow.

Abbylee95 Characters:
Name: Ezekiel AKA Zeke
Sex: Female
Appearance: She’s about 6’ 3” She has short pure white hair that goes over her right eye at all times. She always wears a long-sleeved purple shirt. She sometimes wears a black winter hat when she’s bored. She has two black fox ears and a white tail with black markings. She can turn into a white fox with black markings.

Setting/time period: Modern.
Brief history: Zeke’s mother was a fox god that fell deeply in love with a human; which is why she has fox features. She lived with her father until she was 10, He died of an illness that was incurable by humans at the time. So she went off by herself, Getting into fights and learning how to live on her own but she sometimes had her mother’s help. She now is a wandering artist.
Most influential person in their life: Her father and a few others that helped her with fights and such.

Personality in general: Distant, Loner, Loving when she gets to know someone

Dislikes: Most dogs, To much heat, bright things
Animal that best represents them: Fox~
OPEN

User Image

News:

August 10th: 5K added to reward of Judge's Choice

Beloved Lightbringer

34,775 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Huh. The writing forum's rather slow lately. : / But I like your contest; so I shall be the first one to express interest. ^_^ Now to decide which prompt to use...
Can we use more than one of the pictures?
Kage_no_Taren
Can we use more than one of the pictures?

Of course! We encourage it! Just make sure you say you used more than one 3nodding
Reed Meroe
Huh. The writing forum's rather slow lately. : / But I like your contest; so I shall be the first one to express interest. ^_^ Now to decide which prompt to use...

Why thank you! Good luck! Quite fun, since I'm also joined in your contest. Hehehe.

Distinct Vampire

5,400 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Full closet 200
  • First step to fame 200
I am also interested. Count me in.
littlewonder2
I am also interested. Count me in.

Awesome! We can't wait to read it! mrgreen
I am also intrigued... Count me in as well. mrgreen
I'm in as well!

Edit: hey, would it be okay if I nicked Clara/Ira's premise (& characters)? --of course, if you've built a universe for them, I would just be playing around outside that, nothing resembling what their actual story is.
lyrisx
I'm in as well!

Edit: hey, would it be okay if I nicked Clara/Ira's premise (& characters)? --of course, if you've built a universe for them, I would just be playing around outside that, nothing resembling what their actual story is.

Well I'm not totally sure what you're asking. XD If you wish not to use them, you don't have to. But if you want to use them, it's your story. They need not be in the world I built for them. I just ask they have the same personalities I've given them.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces