Rules ~ Judging
Reserved for Winners
This contest is very simple. Grab the biggest book that is nearest to you right now and flip to page 123. Read the first sentence in the first paragraph. That line of text is your inspiration for this contest. It doesn't have to be quoted nor the main piece of the story but there must be a direct relation to the inspiring sentence from page 123. Use your imagination.
PROSE ONLY PLEASE! I WILL NOT ACCEPT POETRY!
NO ENTRY FEE!!
Monday, March 3, 2008 is the deadline. All entries should be posted by midnight on Sunday, March 2, 2008.
1. Follow the Gaia TOS at all times
2. Constructive Criticism is allowed but not rude or thoughtless comments
3. Please keep the swearing to a minimum
4. Anyone found to be a plagiarist will be reported immediately. It is not a joke, it's a crime!
5. All entries should be posted in this thread
6. Under no circumstances should you quote the first page
7. If the thread falls from the first page, feel free to bump
8. One entry per person only
9. Use proper English in this thread or risk angering the hostess
10. Don't PM asking if you can enter. Just post your entry here. Everyone is welcome!
11. Entries should be at least 500 words. There is no maximum.
12. When submitting your entry please state the book title and sentence from which you are getting your inspiration.
13.If you say that your entry sucks, then it does. If you're going to enter something that you're unhappy with or just like admonishing yourself then don't enter at all.
14. You may edit entries until the deadline but please advise the hostess as I tend to start marking entries prior to the close of the thread.
The judging criteria is as follows:
Plot & Character Development: 40%
Use of inspiring sentence: 40%
Grammar and Spelling: 20%
I am the sole judge. If anyone would like to co-judge (And has a good understanding of the judging criteria) then please send me a PM stating why you would be a good judge.