Hello! Welcome to Novus2! This is my 12th writing contest on Gaia, one of my previous ones being Novus. Novus was rather successful and I've decided to run Novus again, though hopefully with more awards this time around~. I'll create more prizes dependent on funds.
The rules/guidelines to Novus2 are pretty simple. - Post to enter, you can enter as many times as you like. - Poetry only! There is some quality control, so, please make sure you spell check everything. - All forms and themes are welcome. - People are automatically shuffled into the junior/senior categories at my discretion. - Please say in your entry post, if you're using one of the prompts!
Erm. That's about it, I think! I can add some later if I need to.
Oh! If you would like to see a new section up, or have a song/text prompt you want to see written, feel free to sponsor a section ^^ Admitably, you cannot enter it if you've sponsored it.
Novus2 runs from January 10th until March 20th. Judging dates will be later released, dependent on entry numbers.
The Love Mutt
Song Prompt Awards -> Jethro Tull - "Thick as a Brick" - 3,000g Bob Dylan - "Positively 4th Street" - 3,000g Jethro Tull - "Bouree" - 3,000g
Text Prompt Awards -> "The Last Five Years" - (Musical) - 3,000g "NHK ni Youkoso!" (Welcome to the NHK!) - (Anime) - 3,000g
Novelties ~> A prize for the best meaning of the acronym WAFFLES. A prize for the first poem posted on page 50. A prize for being awesome in general. A prize for posting intelligibly without using the letter "e".
Prize total - Currently 180K Other Spare Gold - 45K (judges and extra awards and stuff.)
1. Skyhawk the 2nd - "Six Feet Deep in Love" - Page 1 2. Skyhawk the 2nd - "Termination" - Page 2 3. zero the last decepticon - "An outline of why the curious Kitten got what was coming" - Page 2 4. Astaire - "Bible Burning" - Page 3 5. Completely Obvious - "No 'e's" - Page 6 6. Completely Obvious - "No 'a's" - Page 6 7. Completely Obvious - "No 'i's" - Page 6 8. Eruden Ki - "Story Time" - Page 6 9. Eruden Ki - "New Years Tradition" - Page 6 10. c00ki3 - "Teacup Storm" - Page 7 11. Inaudible - "Your voice is a Mexican Bell Choir." - Page 7 12. zero the last decepticon - "Ribbon (pt.1)" - Page 8 13. al_batross - Untitled - Page 9 14. Skyhawk the 2nd - "If You See God (Or Your Lover) in the Flesh, Kill Them" - Page 20 15. Nitzce - "Veneral Disease" - Page 22 16. Symphonica - "Under the Trees" - Page 25 17. Symphonica - "the street" - Page 25 18. bohemian_lover_boy - "Cleansing" - Page 29 19. bohemian_lover_boy - "Death of a Teacher" - Page 29 20. bohemian_lover_boy - "Christian" - Page 29 21. This Cat is a Landmine - "You'll be someone you wouldn't understand" - Page 33 22. This Cat is a Landmine - "Quiet kisses are so hardcore" - Page 33 23. Astaire - "The tree will fall anyhow" - Page 34 24. The Love Mutt - "Whore" - Page 35
1. lylas919 - "The Umbrageous Lass" - Page 1 2. zephryl - "The House" - Page 1
3. amaya-enchanted - "Utter Nonsense" - Page 2 4. amaya-enchanted - "Smile For Me" - Page 2 5. Tourniquet Trick - "Breathe No More" - Page 2 6. Ricochetra - Untitled - Page 2 7. Fasie - "All That I Know is Nothing" - Page 2 8. Madding - "Animals" - Page 2 9. sakeXbrat - "My Song" - Page 2
10. meteorshower08 - "My Heart" - Page 3 - Disqualified for plagiarism. 11. Teh_9 - Perfume - Page 3 12. Yxara - "The Tower" - Page 3 13. Nano_Quill - "Silver Linings" - Page 3 14. cecebabes - "Today" - Page 3 15. 0Yuri0 - "Near the fire I sit" - Page 3
66. DreamsWhisper - "A post" (No E's) - Page 14 67. Vic83 - Untitled - Page 14 68. Vic83 - "Celestial Spell" - Page 14 69. Apple Toast - "Carnivorous Carnival" - Page 14 70. Apple Toast - Untitled (No E's) - Page 14 71. Apple Toast - "Her" - Page 14 72. Apple Toast - "Silver Blade" - Page 14 73. Apple Toast - "We" - Page 14 74. Apple Toast - "Is What" - Page 14 75. Apple Toast - "The Disillustionment Song" - Page 14
76. shalorn - "To the crippled lover who could not see," - Page 15 77. Ricochetra - Untitled - Page 15 78. Ryiel - Untitled - Page 15 79. Ryiel - Untitled - Page 15 80. angelilight - "My Mother Was My Inspiration" - Page 15
81. angelilight - "Happy Wedding" - Page 16 82. Sealan - "I'm lacking an 'E'..." (No E's) - Page 16 82. Vivicas_Diary - "Lovers in Old Age" - Page 16
83. animemewmew1 - "The Bells" - Page 17 84. The Donation Fairy Queen - "A World of Corpses" - Page 17 85. The Donation Fairy Queen - "Afraid of Love" - Page 17 86. The Donation Fairy Queen - "Be Happy or you Die" - Page 17 87. luvinghim - "Softly, Slowly, Sweetly" - Page 17 88. wakeofbeauty - "The Queen: Somewhere Between the Darkness And Here" - Page 17
148. Xirapha - "Regret" - Page 30 149. BS Ha - "The Rocking Horse That Broke My Heart" - Page 30 150. Angel Black Heart - "The Guardian's Curse" - Page 30 151. -Autophobic-April- - "Pawns" - Page 30 152. BS Ha - "For whatever, for whoever" - Page 30 153. BS Ha - "Where the heart is" - Page 30 154. BS Ha - "A Careless Angel" - Page 30 155. Myzeri - "Trying to Forget" - Page 30 156. DeathByGrammar - "The Emotion" - Page 30
157. batzmahogany - "Shattered" - Page 31 158. -Autophobic-April- - "Control" - Page 31 159. D a n c i n g D u c k y - "No Hope To Fly" - Page 31 160. D a n c i n g D u c k y - "Shackled And Bound" - Page 31 161. D a n c i n g D u c k y - "Mother is a title earned, not given" - Page 31 162. D a n c i n g D u c k y - "Here I am" - Page 31 163. D a n c i n g D u c k y - "Take me" - Page 31 164. D a n c i n g D u c k y - "No one is near" - Page 31 165. D a n c i n g D u c k y - "Killing Miss Elizabeth" - Page 31 166. Navysteel - "Lord Jesus! Dear Jesus!" - Page 31 167. Darkness in Zero - DiZ - "Queen of spades" - Page 31 168. Open Your Songbook - Untitled - Page 31 169. Vita est somnium (No e's) - "War" - Page 31
170. Navysteel - "The Wisdom of the Civil Life" - Page 32 171. Devil Muffin - "Secret Window\" - Page 32 172. LunaGurl90 - "In the Darkness of the Night" - Page 32 173. LunaGurl90 - "Pendant" - Page 32 174. Moonlight_shadow23 - "Autumn" - Page 32 175. Moonlight_shadow23 - "The Sea" - Page 32 176. Navysteel - "Homeless Angel" - Page 32 177. LupEND - "Death Penalty" - Page 32 178. This Cat is a Landmine - "Music ate my insides out" - Page 32 179. LupEND - "Think" - Page 32 180. The Irish Mortician - "Lingering Melody" - Page 32
181. Rei0chan - "We are just humans" - Page 33 182. Lunaria Canis - "In Love With Death" - Page 33 183. harpsdesire - "I'm Real" - Page 33 184. harpsdesire - "Velveteen" - Page 33 185. harpsdesire - "Here's to Life" - Page 33 186. -Autophobic-April- - "The War" - Page 33 187. -Autophobic-April- - "Cry to Me; Sing to Me." - Page 33 188. Panthera Zephyrus - "Olivia" - Page 33 189. Panthera Zephyrusp - "fluorescence" - Page 33 190. Panthera Zephyrus - "confetti" - Page 33
191. DeathByGrammar - "The heaven and hell of art" - Page 34 192. Moonlight_shadow23 - "The Bird Flies Today" - Page 34 193. kiwee buu - "Spring Rain" - Page 34
NinjaKittiMeowMeow Women's Association Fighting For Lots more European Sex-Gods Warning Aerosol Fueled Ferocious Lamposts are Eating Senior citizens Winking And Flirting Ferociously Leaves Emotional Scars
sakeXbrat Wonderful, Another Frenzy of Freaky Lemon-heads, Eavesdroping and Snooping around! Washington Association For First Literate Entering System Worldwide Act Forming Front Lines, Earth Security
Kainel Withholding Acorns From Farsighted Little Egotistical Squirrels. Warrants Attention From Frugal Lebanese Energizer Corp. Shareholders. Where All the Fresh Furballs Like Erudite Sophisticates.
highvoltageshock Whilst All Fathers Fail, Lonely Erica Sobs.
DreamsWhisper Waffling At Former Fears Laughably Eases Shrieks. Wagering Artifact Fallbacks For Loud Echoes Stupendously. When Announcing to Fruitless Flock of Layoffs, Escape Swiftly.
wakeofbeauty When All Freaks Form Lollypop Eating Sporks.
angelilight when angels fear for lovers especially sophisticated ones.
Sealan Watch Above you For Falling Lethal Elephants!
Vivicas_Diary Walking Allies Fighting For Less Eggplant Sales.
aria_in_full Women Always Foraging For Lovely Emo Studs
The Donation Fairy Queen Warm And Fluffy Food Lovable Especially with Syrup Wicked And Foul Food Let's Eradicate Some
Contagious Laughter What AFunny Finger, Let's Eat Some Wonderful Apples For Ferocious Ladies Every Sunday We Are Frollicking Foolishly Like Everyone Should
Nitzce When Arid Flour Fails Leavening Even Sourdough.
The_Queenie_Roses Wiggly Apple Fritters Frying up Lactose Eating Snails
Korei Kiragone William Appleger Fears Felicia, Lex and Especially Sarah.
The Jethro does look promising. I'll probably do it.
Six Feet Deep in Love
I'm putting my foot into your buried grievances
and hoping to God that I'll kick your coffin.
Before the embalming, before
Lenin had his yearly chemical bath
I wanted to rub fertile soil raw in c** and
dance with your body; still in my arms.
It would be the last niggard night where
I could live in phallic dreams; caress coagulated
blood without any emitted shame from those remaining
few who'd scold me down in separated infrequency.
Scattered between these fine lines of thought are white
irrigations; meaningless transmutations of television hell.
I can see you there; a cunnilingus creation made only
for me to be connected with. An autopsy of arousing licks.
You were a banker before. A Nurse before. A woman before.
I don't care anymore.
I search the channels for you and
kick open your coffin,
all for you.
All I know
is I want you to feel
me in your afterlife, feel my longing
being buried with the earth rooms and the dirt,
feel my love in the hallowed eyes of lampposts,
feel my life and death bondage at twilight noon.
I'm imagining my corpse rotting with you
and we're alive and breathing and ******** and
Awoken by the drumming eruption
Awoken by the screams
She’s risen from the vestiges
She’s hidden in your dreams
Unmoving in the crepuscule
Unmoving, oh so still
The way her eyes are ablazed
The way they send a chill
Why is the window bedewed with blood?
Why is the world so offed?
What happened in the seclusion?
What happened when she bled?
Across the narrow hallway
Across the darkened tunnel
The candles blew with no wind rushing
The hope shoved down a funnel
The enthralling mess of tangled ebony
The taste of revenge and power
However bleak the room seemed be
No matter if you saw her
The feeling was so bitter
The feeling of a mauling
But deep, deep down you knew
That she was death, a’calling
The splintered ridge upon her nose
The sparing cloud of hate
Oh, the sentence on her brow
Said “It is long too late”
Embellished by the crushing might
Embellished by the feigned disposition
Radiant ensnare of her cold heart
Radiant be the need of procession
A crying from the manor
A crying of pain and rigid hopes
The frightened look upon her face
The way that her heart mopes
Ahuh, yes zero, you're still allowed to enter ^^;
And this one has lots of smaller prizes rather than a few big ones, so, if you did win a prize again, you're going to be one of 22+ people winning them. This contest is going to be sharing it around generally, in the prizes ^^
*Looks up at the novelty section*
WAFFLES, anyone? ^^
My Entry is something I did for English Class rofl It's in the Point of view of the Character 'Old Bill' from the Book 'The Simple Gift'
I sit here,
on the verandah of their house,
My Wife and My Jessie,
As the despair comes I take a gulp of beer,
the warmth of the alcohol chasing the nostalgia away.
I come here every month,
and every month it's the same.
I stagger drunkenly to my feet,
holding the rails to stay upright.
I force myself away from the cursed House,
The House that means everything and nothing to me,
and back to the Benderat Hilton,
where I'm safe from the pain of my memories.