Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Gekko

I'll join<3

But I don't write Horror much, so no promises. ^^

Lunatic

C a r a h R o s e

I'd be happy to have you as an entrant. And the important thing is that you try, right? ^_^

BLStoner's Kouhai

Eloquent Codger

My goal: don't involve a child or infant in the story.

I always do that, and I want to try to step outside the comfort zone. Or, if I come up with nothing, I may expand a flash fiction piece I have about cannibalism.

Augh, I'm so predictable.
I'll try, but a combo of work (1st job, and they're working me to the bone biggrin ) and writer's block might do me in... but this sounds like fun, so I'm definitely going to try!

Sparkly Genius

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Team Edward 100
Going to start working on mine tonight.

Familiar Businesswoman

Quote:
"Seretti" heart

I have a couple of questions:

1.Can the story be just a chapter in the story?
2.Can I submit said chapter of a story in another contest?

Lunatic

Yume The Loving creature

I would prefer if it was a full story, since it can be very difficult to fully understand and properly review incomplete work. ^_^ But if you feel like the chapter can stand on it's own, then go for it smile

You are allowed to submit your story to other contests if you wish. 3nodding

Friendly Dabbler

I'll try to write something c:

Sparkly Genius

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Team Edward 100
Seretti

So I just had this awesome thought in my head, but i'm not sure how I can tailor it how I want and still have it be in your parameters (as far as word count)....

SO

I was wondering do you accept firsts in a series?

Lunatic

lightkeeper

Do you think that it will be much longer than 10k words? If it's like 100 words or less over the limit, I can let it slide...

If you think that the following parts aren't needed for the story to make sense, I can accept just the first part. ^_^

Sparkly Genius

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Team Edward 100
Okie dokie. I only asked because when I write I get lost in my writing. You dont know how many times I have wanted to send a story to a publisher and its over their word limit for a certain genre. I just wanted to make sure before I start writing and it ends up going over lol. Im not really good at writing short stories. Im a novelist mrgreen

Invisible Friend

This sounds like an awesome contest, and I love that you're giving a GOOD prize, as opposed to how so many of the contests on here are. I really appreciate that, and it makes me really want to try with this one.

So hmmm... have to think up a story... I'll probably start on it as soon as I finish up this story I'm gonna be writing for another contest. These contests are getting me past my writer's block, so they're quite the blessing. wink Thank you for running this!

Greedy Fatcat

I squee'd. Literally. This is absolutely perfect! I'm in!

King Eggbert's Waifu

Blessed Lunatic

Seretti
Can we enter more than one story?

Lunatic

lightkeeper

Oh, lucky you! I have the opposite problem; I can write short stories but when it comes to novels... man, they are just too hard whee

Reincarnated_Alphonse

Aww... You're very welcome! I'm a writer myself and I know how hard it can be to write something. This is why I want to have somewhat worthy prizes... 3nodding

SiobhanDeStele

I'm glad that you found it interesting. I'm looking forward to your entry ^_^

mythological irony

Only one entry per person, please. ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items