Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lunatic

Lunatic

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I had so much fun reading the amazing stories in my previous contest, that I decided to make another one. ^_^
This time around, I will be looking for entries in the horror/thriller genre, and hope that I will get as good response as I did the last time.
The word count will stay the same, meaning that all entries should be between 1-10k words.

To sum it up in a simple way:
Genre: Horror/Thriller
Word Count: 1,ooo - 1o,ooo words
Try to keep it PG-13

As usual, I want you to read the rules so that we can avoid unpleasant situations.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, or quote me with your question(s).

Deadline: September 1st, 2o12

Good luck! heart

Note: I will be absent for couple of weeks, starting August 1st, due to a surgical procedure.
This does NOT mean that this contest is closed. All it really means is that I will not be able to update the front page or answer any questions you might have.
I would also ask entrants to wait with sending their entries until I've returned. This is because Gaia seems to save Outbox messages for only two weeks and I do not want to miss anyone's submission. Thank you for understanding!
heart

I would like to give special thanks to The Benefactor, who generously donated 600k for this contest!

Graphics by: The Wicked Elagabalus

Lunatic

o1. Obey the Gaia ToS and contest rules
                                                  xx Do I really need to explain this?.
                                                  o2. Don't plagiarize
                                                  xx If you break this rule, you will be disqualified.
                                                  o3. No spamming, trolling or being rude
                                                  xx Unpleasant behaviour will get you reported. No exceptions.
                                                  o4. Be at least semi-literate
                                                  xx You won't get good ratings if the judges can't understand what they're reading.
                                                  o5. Be kind and respectful
                                                  xx Be nice towards people and give constructive criticism only when asked for it. Destructive criticism is not welcome.
                                                  o6. Do not quote the front page
                                                  xx This will cause the page to stretch and I really do not like that.
                                                  o7. Do not stretch the page
                                                  xx Keep quote trees to a maximum of three, and don't quote the front page.
                                                  o8. PM all entries to me
                                                  xx This is self-explanatory. Put "Nothing to Lose" as subject!
                                                  o9. I reserve all rights to change/add rules
                                                  xx I'm the Queen and rule over this thread.
                                                  1o. Questions and concerns
                                                  xx These should be asked by either quoting me or sent in a PM.

Lunatic

All entries will be judged by the following:

• How the story flows
                                                  • If it hooks people in
                                                  • How well it’s written
                                                  • The plot
                                                  • The characters

Judges:

• Seretti
                                                  • Wounded Huntress

Lunatic

1st place: User Image 400,000 700,000 gold

2nd place: User Image 200,000 400,000 gold

3rd place: User Image 100,000 200,000 gold

Honorable Mention x 2: User Image 75,000 gold each

All other participants will receive 5,ooo - 25,ooo gold depending on how much the judges liked your story.

Lunatic

o1. Knight of Disorder - Two Sides
                                                  o2. yosoydame - Paradise in the Tropics
                                                  o3. The Wicked Elagabalus - Together
                                                  o4. lukstar - Lock
                                                  o5.
                                                  o6.
                                                  o7.
                                                  o8.
                                                  o9.
                                                  1o.
                                                  2o.

Lunatic

07/26/12 - The Benefactor donated 600k to the prize pot!
                                                  07/23/12 - Contest is OPEN!
                                                  07/22/12 - Started working on the contest thread

Lunatic

Coming soon

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games