Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,800 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
InvisableMuffins
OK, this is my first time entering a contest, so I'll probably loose. I'M IN THO! When's the deadline? Maybe I just missed it.

I just posted the Deadline I hope you have fun wink

4,800 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Sailors Mermaid
Do you have to use the videos or could i just take the lyrics out of context to better fit my idea? it would still go with the theme.

Lyrics sounds better but do what you wish

Bashful Fairy

KuroHime_07
Sailors Mermaid
Do you have to use the videos or could i just take the lyrics out of context to better fit my idea? it would still go with the theme.

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry, I completely forgot about all this.. Could you please take me off the contestant list? I don't have the time, I'm sorry.

5,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Give me 24 hours.

OMG! I've found my new fave catchprase.
Anyways ... I'm entering, it'll be hopefully done in an hours time, if not expect it tomorrow. x

4,800 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
BCherri28
Give me 24 hours.

OMG! I've found my new fave catchprase.
Anyways ... I'm entering, it'll be hopefully done in an hours time, if not expect it tomorrow. x

Oh wow so soon I'm glad, can't wait to read smile

4,800 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Sailors Mermaid
KuroHime_07
Sailors Mermaid

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry, I completely forgot about all this.. Could you please take me off the contestant list? I don't have the time, I'm sorry.

Sure thing

4,800 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Festive Cutesmasher

9,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
I have the perfect story! Count me in!

4,800 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PandorasJackinthebox
I have the perfect story! Count me in!

Okay you're in

4,800 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
No Poetry Peoples that means nothing Poetically related
I really do love poetry but this is a story writing contest people so if you must write some poetry just make sure it's in the story and the deadline is closing in so hurry and submit

Invisible Fatcat

6,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Seven in Counting

Your Name:MsSunnyMuffins or Kayla
Prompt #: 4, Thinking of you
Submitted date: 4-15-12
Length in pages: 12 on ms word
Length in words:5,356

Nikki was now on forty three. She’d been walking beside Victor for the past minute and he hadn’t said a word, hardly even took the time to notice her. It was the forty-third time he’d done that and Nikki was sick of it. Victor and Nikki had been going out for the past seven months. Everything had been going great in the beginning; dates, talking at school, laughing together, all of it but, recently, not so much.
“Victor, you OK. You’ve seemed kind of,” she paused, “Distant recently.”
“Ya.” Ya. That’s all I get? Nikki thought. With just that ya, Victor turned onto a separate hall. When he got there, Selena walked up to him and he burst into conversation. Before the pitiful girl had to twirl her hair, talk about sports, and then show off her too-short short shorts to even get a speck Vic’s attention. Now, Victor was putty in her hand. Nikki had never before been worried about Victor and all his girl friends. She was his girlfriend, no space in between girl and friend; one word, one relationship. Victor was quite the looker and she still didn’t worry. He had even, slightly pale skin, dark black and silky hair, and he was tall and lean. Victor was however, beginning to worry her. Because Victor was taken, most smart people just went after his identical twin, Dawn. Nikki began to steer in his direction.
“Hey Dawn, you know what’s up with Victor recently?” Nikki asked. Dawn looked around nervously. He knew exactly what was wrong with Victor and he wanted to tell Nikki more than anything. He wanted to tell Nikki. Maybe then she and Victor would break up. Oh how he wanted to tell Nikki, but he didn’t have the guts. It took a lot of skill to not only break a girls heart but patch it up again with one phrase. Not only that, Dawn cared to much about his best friend to tell her the truth.
“No, I- I haven’t noticed any difference,” Dawn stated blankly. Nikki knew Dawn well and she knew for a fact that he was a horrible liar. He scratched, stuttered, and wouldn’t look you straight in the eye when he lied.
“Dawn, I can handle it. Whatever it is, Vic and I can work it out,” Nikki grabbed Dawn’s arm and hugged up against him. She batted her lashes in the cutest way she could manage. She even pulled out an old nickname she used on Dawn. “Please Sunny, just this once, OK?” Dawn seemed to be at war with himself. His expression said it all. He wanted to tell Nikki because she’d asked so nicely but he also wanted to keep it in because of some unknown reason. Nikki paused to hear his final verdict.
“It’s you.” This time, Dawn showed no signs of lying. His deep green eyes pierced Nikki’s soul as he’d said it. Nikki’s chest tightened and her stomach got bubbly.
“He wants to break up with you but can’t find a time to do it.” Dawn looked hurt as he said those words, but, surely, he didn’t look as hurt as Nikki. Nikki was beyond hurt, she was miserable. Her heart had fallen straight through to the smoky depths of hell. Her entire body became heated. Nikki was once a bland person. She had no interest in boys, or even friends for that matter. She focused her entire life on her studies. She started out as a tutor but soon, Victor was able to show her how to have fun, how to live, how to be the real Nikki. Nikki loved Victor with all she had, and now, he wanted to toss her to the side like old garbage and run off on a never ending adventure with Selena. Nicole AnMealson’s heart felt cold, colder than it had before. Life itself no longer had meaning. She had become numb all over. Nikki began the agonizing walk to her next period. She sat next to Victor.

Nikki and Victor took their seats. Victor said the first hello this time and Nikki seemed to be in a trance. She didn’t respond only because she hadn’t heard him. Nikki was too caught up in her own thoughts to hear anyone anymore.
Victor, he, Victor wants to break up with me? Her thoughts were blurred in meaning even to her. Victor minus Nikki equaled inaccurate question. There was no answer to that problem in Nikki’s mind because she and would always be together, always.
Always, apparently wasn’t that long of a time. Victor had been wobbling his pencil back and forth for the last minute or two and finally passed Nikki the note. Can we talk after class? Nikki had no intentions of talking however, whether or not it was after this class, it would come. Nikki had thought about it the entire period, and it only made her feel worse and worse. When it was finally time, Nikki was ready to drop dead.
“Nikki, I want to break up,” were the first words that came out of Victor’s mouth. Nikki stared at him for a bit. Her body began to heat up. She knew that’s what he’d say, but, she just didn’t think it would hurt as much as it did to hear it. Suddenly, Nikki couldn’t stop herself. Lips began trembling, lumps built up, and before Victor could even get out the next word, Nikki’s eyes were begging to water.
“Nikki, I still like you but the thing is, it’s been getting less and less lately. Recently, I’ve dreaded you even talking to me,” Victor said. His face was emotionless, as thought he’d practiced tearing Nikki’s heart into smithereens. The words seemed to be like axes in the back.
“So, I think this is the end of the line for us,” Victor concluded. Nikki took a moment to process this. End of the line? Lines are never ending. Kendal and Romeo, they had a line segment. Mitch and Vanessa, they had a nice circle or pain, but Victor and Nikki, no, they had a line. A never ending, forever lasting line!
Nikki didn’t really care about anything anymore. She didn’t care about the line, or all the people in the hallway, she didn’t care to go to her classes and she didn’t care to stop herself from bursting into tears as soon as Victor walked away. Dawn happened to be passing and saw the crime scene. He ran over to Nikki.
“It’s OK,” he’d said to her. Nikki seemed to have lost half sight of what was happening around her. All she felt was a warm body and all she saw was Dawn’s white shirt.
It’s not OK, it’s anything BUT OK.

Sun shining, green grass swaying gently in the wind, large, empty field, and Nikki in his arms; just Dawn’s type of day. Dawn thought back to that morning. He was worried about Nikki, so he went over to her place; when he got to her room she wasn’t crying but she looked absolutely pitiful.
“Nikki,” he’d said, “you’re, well, it’s OK! You’ve had to get over lots of break ups, I’m sure just one with Viccy is fine.” Nikki didn’t respond, nor did she look up at Dawn.
“Nikki-“
“Victor is different. We had a connection. I’ve never been that serious about a guy.” Nikki said. When Dawn asked her how she felt, she slowly got off her bed and walked over to Dawn. She hugged him, just barely at first but then her grasp tightened and she could feel a lump building in her.
“Ni-“ She fell to her knees. It was at that point Dawn took her out here. Nikki had been lying there with Dawn completely motionless for the past half hour. Nikki had been so still because she felt, good. She could just lie there in Dawn’s warm body and she didn’t have to waste time thinking about Victor. Nikki took a big breath, Dawn smelled like the cement after a rainy day, the smell that Nikki liked to go to sleep to. Whenever it rained at night she’d open her windows to get the sent in her room. Nikki was so relaxed there, sitting with Dawn that she fell asleep; right in his arms.
The darkness cleared and Nikki was welcomed back to civilization with Dawn’s cunning smile.
“Good morning,” he said. Nikki smiled. It was the first time she’d done so since the break up. Dawn offered to take Nikki out to lunch and, who was she to deny him. His Honda soon pulled up at TGI Fridays. When their meals were served, they both dug in. TGI was their favorite restaurant. Nikki ate a fry and then thanked Dawn for helping her.
“What, should I have just walked away instead?” He asked. Nikki laughed and then reached over onto his plate to snag a chicken tender.
“Hey!” Dawn sneered. The two laughed again. Their table turned into the one table everyone kept looking at because they were laughing so much. Memories of Victor and his dumping Nikki quickly faded from her mind. Just a little bit of fun with Dawn won’t kill me now will it? Nikki thought.
“Dawn, what should I do?” Nikki asked? She and dawn where sitting in the meadow again. She had forgotten about Victor while they were having fun but now, his disappointing remembrances had crept back into her skull.
“Nothing. Don’t do anything. Just trust me. You trust me, don’t you,” Dawn asked. Nikki felt an all to familiar lump build up in her throat
“Of course I trust you,” she’d said back, “You’re my best friend, the only shoulder I have to cry on right now. I know I can count on you Sunny.” Dawn couldn’t help but smile at that. Suddenly, Nikki started to cry. “Why,” she thought, “why now, I’m here with Dawn. I don’t need Vic…Victor anymore!” Nikki didn’t want to cry over this anymore but she couldn’t stop.
“You know,” she’d said, “Just a week before we broke up Victor said the darnedest thing to me. It was too cute!” Dawn paused to ponder that. He figured that if she had something more romantic said to her than whatever Victor came up with, she might feel better. He asked Nikki what he said.
“He handed me nine roses and one fake one. He said he’d love me till the last rose died. I still have two real ones left and he’s already broken that promise,” Nikki sobbed. Victor really was an amazing boyfriend. Nikki had loved him so much that she nearly died when she realized the tenth rose in the bunch was fake. His love was never supposed to die out, so why, why had he left Nikki behind?
“Nikki,” Dawn had said, “Last night, I was looking up into the stars, counting them off. For each star I thought of one good quality of you. You’re funny, you’re undyingly cute; I mean, I was doing great till I ran out of stars.” The whole world seemed to stop for Nikki at that moment. Her heart was beating so fast she was sure Dawn could hear it. Nikki tucked her ruddy face into Dawn’s chest. She still had many Victor tears to cry but suddenly, she couldn’t.
“Dawn-“
“Well, did that help?” Dawn asked. Nikki paused to process the question, and then busted out in laughter. How could she possibly think Dawn was being serious! The two were best friends and nothing would ever change that, not even something a romantic as what Dawn had just said. She rolled around in the daisies laughing and crying at the same time.

School. It was a cursed word in Nikki’s mind. Surely over the weekend everyone hand found out about the break up. Not only that but Victor was Nikki’s chemistry partner for the next three weeks. Nikki ducked into her locker when she saw Victor walk by but, she felt a tap on the shoulder and turned around to face him. He smiled boldly. Nikki’s eyes widened and she held her breath. There was an odd silence and a few passers stopped to see what was going on with the exes.
“It’s me,” he’d said, “Dawn.” Nikki felt her shoulders sag. Thank god!
“Mornin,” she said. It seemed like every day Dawn and Victor grew to look more and more alike and acted more and more oppositely. In the past, the only way to tell the difference between the twins was their voices but now, thanks to puberty, Nikki had no way to tell who was who. She could have been dating Dawn for all these years as far as she could tell.
“Well, let’s go. Class is gonna start and if we don’t worry you might end up in your normal seat next to Vic,” Dawn warned. Nikki and Dawn then clacked their way right into Mr.Debold’s algebra six lesson. Thankfully, there were two open seats on the other side of the room Victor was on. Class after class, lunch after connections, Nikki spent her time avoiding Victor and hanging close to Dawn.
After school, Dawn, decided to take Nikki out on a date; He told her it would definitely make her forget Victor for a while. They went to a carnival. They spent the afternoon riding everything possible. Nikki liked going on the rides with big falls, which terrified Dawn. Dawn liked the rides with just about everything else, loops, spins, dips, and turns. That terrified Nikki. They seemed to spend the whole day on and off scaring each other. It was night now and so, Dawn and Nikki went to the top of a large hill behind the park.
“Dawn, what do you want to do now?” Nikki asked, wanting more.
“I don’t know, what about you?” He questioned. Nikki wanted to do so many things but, she couldn’t stop herself from saying,
“I want to just sit here forever, with you and the starts, and watch all my problems fade into the sunset.” Dawn glanced at Nikki. She had a glisten in her eyes as though this was the best night of her life. Dawn felt as if he couldn’t hold back from her anymore. Her ocean of blue eyes looked good enough to dive into and her long beautiful hair fell on her back perfectly. Dawn pulled a picture line form the photo booth out of his pocket and scribbled on the back of the three images. He scooted closer to Nikki and showed her the front of the card, with their smiles plastered on it.
“They say a picture says a thousand words but, I only see three.” Dawn said. He flipped over the pictures and showed Nikki the words he scribbled on the back. He couldn’t bare to look at her an turned to glance at the grass. Nikki felt her heart skip a beat. He stomach had a familiar feeling as if the butterflies had gone insane and flew in rapid circles. She felt her face burning. She looked again at the words written. On the back of each of the three pictures was a word. It read…
I Love You.
“Scream it to the world if you really do Dawn,” Nikki said. She wanted to believe his words but, he could’ve been joking. Dawn leaned in and whispered into Nikki’s ear,
“’Nikki, I love you.”
“Why’d you tell me?” Nikki asked.
“Because,” said Dawn, “you are my world.” Nikki could tell that Dawn meant every word of it. Her heart beat began to pick up and the calmed butterflies started to run through flight patterns in her stomach.
“Dawn,” Nikki said. Dawn turned to look at her. He was about to ask what she wanted but it was too late. Before he knew it, he was indulged into a sweet kiss. Then, came another, and another; before long Dawn was rolling all in the grass with Nikki kissing her passionately. His body heated up and he stopped kissing Nikki and just held her.
“I could keep you here forever if you like,” he’d said. Nikki placed her hand on top of Dawn’s and began to cry softly.

Victor’s stomach growled as he stared at his ceiling fan. He glanced at the alarm clock on his bedside table. It was two fifty seven am. Dawn still hadn’t come home and last Victor had seen, he was leaving school with Nicole. It didn’t take Victor long to realize that he should’ve been worried about Dawn. He totally wasn’t. His body wouldn’t let him fall asleep until he knew why Dawn had spent so much time out; and if he spent that time with Nikki.
Ever since he’d broken things off with Nikki, she and Dawn had spent every waking moment together. They sat with each other in classes, talked in the halls, ate together at lunch, and every time Dawn came home, if Victor asked were he’d been the answer was always the same; with Nikki, Victor’s Nikki.
Victor rested his hands on his chest, it made him remember a date from a while ago with Nikki. They had plans to go to Mimi’s Café. When Victor walked out of the house, Nikki just stared at him. He began to wonder if the tight shirt was a mistake. He wanted to wear it because he liked his body. He and Dawn were born lean; Victor wanted to be buff, even if only slightly more than Dawn, he wanted some difference to be between them. He constantly asked Nikki what was wrong and then, she finally said,
“Since when were you so buff?” Victor went the masculine route because he thought he’d attract more women. He was beginning to wonder if going lean, like Dawn, was a better idea.
It was when Victor thought this that he began to realize something. He’d thought this whole time that he was mad at his brother for going out with his ex so soon after the breakup, but now, he knew. Victor was still in love with Nikki. He thought back to the reason he broke up with Nikki. Victor wasn’t really planning to leave her, it was more or less his friend Donny’s idea. How irrational of him to trust Donny when he knew Donny had a crush on Nikki! He could remember it all clearly.
He had gone on a date with Nikki and felt bored. He could tell by Nikki’s bold smile that she was having fun but, for some reason he was uninterested. He came home and told one person he felt he could trust, Donny, about this problem. Donny said it meant he was probably losing interest in Nikki and so, Victor decided to see. He scheduled two more dates and felt tired and bored during them as well, so, he took Donny’s advice and broke up with Nikki. Now, Victor understood why he was so bored. Recently, he’d been taking some pills his personal trainer had recommended. Victor pulled the bottle out of his bottom drawer and just as he feared, one of the symptoms was long term laziness.
Victor had broken up with the love of his life because of a bottle of pills and his manipulative friend. Victor was sad enough to cry, angry enough to spontaneously combust; he felt like a total fool; the biggest dummy who ever lived! Victor went to the basement with plans to take his anger out on the punching bag instead of himself.

Nicole totally didn’t see it coming. She was shocked, the teachers were shocked, the whole hall was shocked when Victor asked if she wanted to get back together with him; the first period bell rung.
“We’ll talk after school,” Nikki said nonchalantly. With that, she sauntered off feeling satisfied at the way she handled the situation. With Dawn being gone till after school for a band concert, Nikki guessed that’s what he’d wanted her to do, leave with confidence.
Then end of the day came all too soon. As soon as Nikki noticed Victor walking up to her, everything she remembered to say fluttered out of her head. The two walked to the butterfly shaped garden in the back of the school and sat down at a bench. Nikki began the talking.
“Why the sudden change in mind V?” she’d asked. Victor took none but a second to respond.
“I realized how big of a mistake I made.”
“Why’d you break up with me anyways?” Nikki asked. That was one detail she failed to pick up on this whole time.
“I- well,” Victor paused and scratched, “I was confused.”
“The truth please,” Nikki said, “If you even want me to consider getting back together with you after all the pain I felt when we broke up, I’m gonna need to hear something a little better than confused!” Victor gaped at her and then began to explain.
“I’ve been on these pills that make you feel drowsy and bored. I took them a lot without knowing that and so on our dates I felt bored and thought it was because our relationship’s spark was gone and I was losing interest.” Nikki was infuriated to hear that. She exploded in Victor’s face scream and yelling things that didn’t even make sense. She had to go through all that hurt because Victor can’t read the drug facts?! Victor was very patient.
“Tell me everything you felt when we broke up,” he requested when Nikki calmed down.
“I was shocked, and devastated. I couldn’t believe that after all that time you would just leave me,” Nikki said. She felt a knot build in her throat. She didn’t quite understand why.
“and how you felt about a day after,” Victor continued.
“Terrible. I didn’t want to move, eat, do anything really. I probably would’ve sat in bed and decayed into nothingness it if weren’t for Dawn’s kindness towards me.” Nikki began to get butterflies in her stomach
“If Dawn wasn’t there, where do you think you’d be now?” Victor asked. Nikki knew she’d still be terribly sad. She’d feel like dying if Dawn weren’t there. Her eyes began to water, too fast for her to stop. Victor proceeded to look forward at the wall even though he knew Nikki was crying.
“You’re very emotional Nikki. You have a terrible poker face and your feelings can tell you anything. What are they saying now?” Nikki paused to ponder Victor’s words. It was bright and clear what this meant. Nikki couldn’t even have a conversation with Victor without getting depressed and in this case, crying. It meant that she still wanted him.
“Let’s get back together then,” Nikki stated. When she did, a ten thousand pound weight lifted off her and she felt incredibly relived. Victor put his arm around her and Nikki felt the same comforting warmth she once knew. This is where I belong she thought, right in Victor’s arms.

As Dawn took his seat in the back corner of French II, he couldn’t help but notice how Nikky wasn’t there that day. He listened for his name in the roll call.
“Edwin Corble.”
“Here!”
“Dawn Dawling”
“Here,” he called out to Mr.Hanns.
“Victor Dawling”
“Here,” Victor stated blankly. The list went on and on with odd bumps in the road for the absent students. Finally, Mr.Hanns got down to the H’s.
“Nicole Hider,” he called out. Dawn was expecting another odd bump, but, instead he heard,
“Here.” Dawn glanced in the direction of the voice to find Nikki with her hand raised high, sitting right next to Victor. All he could do was stare, and he did. He pinned her down and stared deep into her soul, until Mr.Hanns got down to Austin Yule and class started. One thing that was commonly done in French II was note passing. Students tossed notes from desk to desk whenever Mr.Hanns was turned towards the board, wich was nearly the whole class. A white sheet of folded up paper landed on Dawn’s desk. He stared at it for a while before opening it. It read,
“Nikki’s such a bumper jumper! Tally under yes if you agree.” Bumper jumper, it was a word used in this school. Dawn knew just what it meant. A girl who went from person to person, jumping around from guy to guy was a jumper and a girl who went from guy to guy only to get bounced back the first one was a bumper jumper. It seemed to make perfect sense. First, she was with Victor, then she hung close to Donny for about an hour, then, for two weeks she’s supposedly in love with Dawn, and finally, she ends up sitting right smack dab next to Victor.
Dawn looked under yes, there were 18 tallies; only two under no. He marked a thick tally under yes and tossed it on to the next desk. Nikki was such a traitor. Dawn finally got her right where he wanted her, was about to ask her to be his girlfriend and everything, and she let one nasty car’s bumper knock her right back into café de la Victor!
After class was over and done, Dawn pulled Nikki aside for some questioning.
“Nikki, what up, why’d you sit with Vic today?” was his opening frame.
“We got back together-“ Nikki said. There was more after “together” but Dawn was totally lost. How could she go back to him after all he’d dome for her? It was like being stabbed in the stomach with an arrow; a slow and painful death.
“But, what about us,” Dawn asked, half in a dase.
“Well,” Nikki said,” I was thinking about that last night and, I think I only went with you because you reminded me so much of Victor. You two were so similar as far as looks go, I just let you scoop me up and take me away.” Dawn spent the next couple seconds trying to pick his jaw up out of the core of the earth.
“Of course we look alike! We’re twins for heaven’s sake!” he called out. The whole hall stopped to look and Nikki just took a deep breath and continued.
“I’m meant to be with Victor. Even if you are twins, you’re not the same person,” she said. Dawn wished he was stronger. He wished he was strong enough to pick up the whole school and throw it into a ditch. He wished he was then strong enough to save his brother and let back stabbing Nikki die in the debris. Rejection, hurt.

Dinner, a movie, the night with Victor was winding down perfectly. It was Nikki’s third date with him and had been just as spectacular as the previous two. Nikki sa in the passenger seat of her Honda civic, letting Vic drive. She drummed on the dashboard to her favorite Katy Perry song to pass the time.
When they arrived at the house, Victor was about ready to go but Nikki asked if he’d come inside.
“What about, you know, your parents and siblings?”
“Oh, don’t worry about them. They left to eat out tonight,” With that, Victor agreed to go inside. The two of them headed upstairs and down the narrow hall in Nikki’s room. The two of them weren’t planning to do anything, just talk a little longer. The date had gone so well and neither one wanted to end it now. When they got up there, they talked, laughed, joked around, and had fun. Victor looked around the room and noticed a vase of flowers on Nikki’s windowsill.
When Victor picked them up and strolled over to the mirror, Nikki remembered the small party they had when it was her birthday. Her father had gotten her the roses. A week later Victor left Nikki. Nikki pranced over to the mirror.
“One, two, three, four,” Victor said counting the flowers. He looked at Nikki by her reflection.
“I’m now looking at five of the most beautiful things in the world.” Nikki laughed at the corniness of the saying but was actually embarrassed to hear it. She smiled sincerely.
“Victor-“Nikki started but without warning Victor grabbed her by the waist, picked her up, and slammed her down on the dresser. Victor leaned in to kiss her. The kiss was familiar to Nikki. It wasn’t the feel of Victor’s forever remembered kiss, but, something different. It hit Nikki that the kiss belonged to none other than Dawn. It seemed just like the kiss they shared at the carnival. Victor encircled his masculine arms around Nikki. Instead of feeling a small, comforting squeeze on both sides like she should’ve, Nikki felt like the pages that fit perfectly in a warm book. She was remembering the way she could scoot right into Dawn’s arms and feel like a pea in a pod.

It was Monday and Dawn was talking to Nikki outside of third period.
“Sorry I got so mad at you. It’s obvious to me now why you like Vicky so much.” Nikki laughed at the use of Victor’s old nickname.
“Thanks for understanding Sunny,” she said before hopping off to lunch; she’d been waiting all day to grab a seat next to Victor and scarf down the inadequate cafeteria food. Just after lunch Victor and Nikki had gone into the garden and a small chat had soon turned into a make out session. Nikki began to feel a strangely familiar Dawn tingle in her spine. She pushed Victor away. He stared at her confused.
“Vic, I’m confused and I have no clue what to do about it, so, I’m just going to tell you. All week, when something bad happens I’m OK with it being your fault, when it’s something good, or when I’m with you, I’m always thinking of Dawn.” Victor failed to hide the shock in his face. He was obviously flabbergasted to hear this.
“Comparisons are easily made between you and Dawn, I mean, ad twins you two look the same, but,” she paused to form her words carefully, “I’m here with you, but, I’m not thinking of you . I mean, I want to be with you, deep down I know it’s true but on the surface I’m confused!”Victor continued to stare at her wide eyed. Nikki felt a whirpool of emotions build. This happened to her whenever she thought about both Victor and Dawn. She seemed to be so happy with both of them, she just didn’t understand anymore.
“I love you more than anything Victor, but, I just can’t, I mean,” Nikki hated how stupid she sounded.
“Dawn is like a 108F day in the middle of winter. He’s something that’s there but definitely doesn’t belong.”
“You’re very naive Nikki. Can’t you see it? Dawn does belong. I’m the one that doesn’t. I messed up, all too much, and my brother was able to woo you more than I ever could. This time, I’ve lost Nikki.” Nikki was now the one who got to stare.
“It’s like putting a pot on the stove and trying to take it off when it’s boiling. All I did her was burn myself.”
“Victor, no, Dawn finally began to except us as who we are. Why do we have to waste what love we have Vic?”
“You’re the best, and, I will regret letting you go, but, you belong with my brother now.” Victor turned and walked off without another word.

Six in counting; this was the sixth time Nikki had heard it. I love you.
“I love you too,” she stated with a warm smile. She leaned to the side and sunk down into his side. He pulled his arm around her and squeezed slightly then, he kissed Nikki softly on the forehead as though she were his own child.
“I really do love you Nikki” he said. and that makes seven over seven Nikki thought. She sat up and kissed her boyfriend. When she pulled away, she said,

“I love you too, Dawn.”

Seven in Counting

Your Name:MsSunnyMuffins or Kayla
Prompt #: 4, Thinking of you
Submitted date: 4-16-12 (it's 3:40AM)
Length in pages: 12 on ms word
Length in words:5,356

4,800 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
All entries are due tomorrow April 17th 8:00 A.M. Montana time

4,800 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
((This was a hard choice to make even though I had only two entries which were very wonderful and greatly written, but it all boils down ...."

Winner

First place: PandorasJackintheBox
Runner up: invisableMuffins

Prizes are awaiting your trade request answer.
Indeed, Nickelback does inspire pain...

Invisible Fatcat

6,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
KuroHime_07
((This was a hard choice to make even though I had only two entries which were very wonderful and greatly written, but it all boils down ...."

Winner

First place: PandorasJackintheBox
Runner up: invisableMuffins

Prizes are awaiting your trade request answer.

OMG I WON...well...second. Thank you so much! Was there anything you didn't like? I was kinda iffy about the end? How'd u feel abt it?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff