Welcome to Gaia! ::

Clarification time! Please remember that the story must be from the point of view of the deceased, not the mourner. You (the narrator, fictional or not) are dead. Thank you!

Cluttered Nerd

16,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Two quick questions: First, is swearing okay or should I #$%#^ it out? Second, midnight what time zone? And what day - before or after Saturday? I've seen people put it both ways, so I thought I'd check.

Edit: Third question: does it have to be at the funeral/general thing of mourning/celebration or could it be when an individual is still ... let's go with "mourning" later?
AnimeMadchen110101100
Two quick questions: First, is swearing okay or should I #$%#^ it out? Second, midnight what time zone? And what day - before or after Saturday? I've seen people put it both ways, so I thought I'd check.

Edit: Third question: does it have to be at the funeral/general thing of mourning/celebration or could it be when an individual is still ... let's go with "mourning" later?

Ha, sorry. It's midnight Pacific time. And it's midnight ON Saturday. So finish up Friday night.

Swearing is fine, no need to bother bleeping it.

You can include later mourning, but I do want to see some sort of ceremony included in there. So you could start with the funeral/wake/party and then follow a mourner from there. The ceremony just needs to be somehow included. That's part of the creativity I'd like to see. smile

Dapper Dabbler

9,425 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Party Animal 100
I'm thinking of giving this a go.
I have a character in mind but I'll have to see if I can actually get a plot going for it...
I hope you will!

4,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
I would like to do this...may i?
If you can get it done in time, please do!

4,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
Username: Purple Dark Fairy
Story Title:Nothing To Gain
Word Count:1848
Do you want to me to give constructive criticism? Yes

4,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Hygienic 200
Username: sarafurter
Story Title: Rain
Word Count: 1,044
Do you want to me to give constructive criticism? Y/N: Sure!

Obsessive Lunatic

20,415 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Ack! Why do I always find contests that I'm interested in with little or no time to spare?! I'll see if I can get something in!
Good luck! Even a rushed entry is better than no entry at all. smile
Hmm. Would you consider a story based off "Ordeal by Cheque" (a fairly common writing exercise wherein someone is expected to write a story based off a series of cheques) too close to plagiarism for your contest?
I think that would be alright. It's still your work.
All right then, here it is.

Username: Avitas
Story Title: Heartache By The Dollar
Word Count: 1982
Do you want to me to give constructive criticism? Yes!
If you read the rules, I've asked for you to submit the entry form on the thread and PM the story to me. Thank you!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff