Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello wayward travelers, welcome to my humble abode. Please take a seat by the warm fire and enjoy a cup of hot chocolate. There are some cookies if you so desire to have some. I shall provide you a warm place to stay with everything you need. The price you have to pay is very simple tell me about your story.

Deadline: August 23, 2014 This is not set in stone. If I have to, I will extend the time.

What you are to do: I will give you a list of prompts you can choose from. With those prompts you are to construct your story.

Rules: 1.) Regular Gaia rules apply.
2.) Correct spelling and grammar. A couple mistake here and there okay since we all make them, but if they are all over the place your writing will be rejected.
3.) No bashing or flaming others. You can read others work and comment on them.
4.) No plagiarizing, it will not be tolerated.

Length: The minimum is to have at least 2K, but there is no maximum word limit. That means you can make the story as long as you please.

Number of people who can join: At this precise moment in time it will be ten, but this number will be flexible so expect it to increase.

Application Requirement: Fill this out and post it along with your story.
Tilte:
Prompt:
Words:
Example:
Title: Cross-bone Desires
Prompt: Number 6 or just 6
Words: 4,288

Prompts: 1.) User Image

2.) User Image

3.) User Image

4.) User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

5.) User Image

6.) User Image

7.) User Image

8.) User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

9.) User Image

10.) User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

11.) User Image

12.) User Image

13.) User Image

14.) User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Prizes: First place receives 520K, second place will get 420K and third shall have 320K. Everyone who participates will receive 1K. NOTE: An additional 10K will be added to the prizes for every story that is submitted.

If you have any question do not be afraid to ask. Are you comfortable now? Yes, then do please tell your story; I await to hear the adventure.

Quick Note: You may enter more than once.
Wayward traveling occupants:

Note: To receive your 1K in gold for participating you must first submit your story. Once it is submitted you will find this symbol [#] next to your name indicating that you have received your gold. In addition, winners will have this symbol {***} next to their name.

1.) My Last Wish [#]
2.) Le Ninja [#]
3.) vampireluvr97 [#] {***}
4.) Amoeba Dreamer [#] {***}
5.) Faded pictures[#] {***}
6.) awesomegal2 [#]

WINNERS
In first place we have Faded Pictures with her piece from prompt 6 titled The Game of Fate, and a total of 4,738 words.

Second placed is reserved for Amoeba Dreamer with her piece from prompt 10 titled Alone, and a total of 2,236 words.

Third place is Vampireluvr97 with her piece from prompt 1 titled The Unsuspecting Gift, and a total of 2,036 words.

GltchdCodex's Honey Bun

Anxious Bunny

10,150 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
A passageway to a future unknown
Prompt #1
1,602 words (short story)

….He pointed toward the opening in the tree. “ I’m sure you’ll be pleased. It’s surprisingly large once you’re inside.” The mysterious man said to me in a almost seemingly delusional fashion.
He hurried me along with his frail hands which caressed the back of my shoulders as he pushed me closer and closer to the opening in the tree.

“But sir, I’m not quite sure where I am going,” I said as I became more frightened by the luminous darkness that dwelled several feet in front of me.

He paused for a moment as if he was thinking of something very precise and detailed. When he had finished thinking his eyes grew wide and a smile spread across his gritty unshaven face. He stepped in front of me and stared at me. I was taller than he was by a great deal. Possibly by a foot or two. He curled his finger back and forth motioning me to come closer to him. I did as he instructed.

“My little darling, no one knows where they are going. Ever. We only think we know but in reality my child, were walking into a word full of unknowns,” He said to me in a rhythmic tone.

I ponder for a moment a take stride of his words. I look at him in amazement. He was completely correct. I mean sure we know that we have to cross the road to get to the other side but who knows what could happen. Maybe the ground could crumble right beneath our feet. It’s the unexpected that we are never expecting because we are walking into a world full of questions and worries and have no idea what could happen at any given moment. So, why wait around. Why not explore.

I stood tall and the man pushed me closer to the opening. He smiled devilishly and laughed. “Oh my child, the fun has only begun," and he pushed me into the piercing darkness.

It wasn’t what I expected. I landed on solid ground immediately. I thought I would just fall down a hole of some sort.

I could still see the man but it seemed as if he could not see me. How peculiar. I placed my pale white arms out in front of me and I tried to leave this tree but my hands stopped. I pushed and pushed but I could not place my hands outside this tree.

“My child, I forgot to tell you one little thing. Sometimes the unexpected is expected by others. And sadly you have fallen a victim to this. The only way out is to travel deeper and deeper into the darkness until you find your way out,” He said boldly.

He began to step away from the tree but he was still facing me. No, this cant be happening. It cant be I need to go home to my parents, my brother, my dog.

“Little man, COME BACK!” I shouted hoping at least my voice could puncture through this invisible barrier.

He did not respond. He did not hear my cry for help. I was now alone in the opening. The only way out is through the other side. I turned around and looked and all I could see was blackness. I began to walk forward into something unknown. I can not turn back now I have no choice. I was forced into the unexpected. This is life, and it sucks. I walked down into the darkness feeling the wooden inside of the tree. This is no ordinary tree for no ordinary tree would venture on this far. I continued walking feeling my way through the darkness. I felt cold metal hinges and chains and I became even more frightened by this whole situation. Why had this happened to me? What had I done to the little man?

“You have done nothing wrong Aurora,”
A disturbing voice echoed in this never ending pathway to freedom.

“How did you know I was thinking about something like that?,” I ask the mystery person.

“Well this is no longer your world, you have crossed over into a different dimension. I can read your mind and you can control whatever you want as long as you try to think about what you want hard enough,” The voice said as I heard footsteps inch closer towards me.

I thought that kind of stuff only existed in fairy tales,” I said curiously.

Well, then consider yourself in a fairy tale cause everything that’s happening Is real darling,” The voice said calmly.

Unbelievable, one moment I am talking to a little man about unexpected things in life then this happens, what are the odds,” I mumble in a scared tone. The darkness what getting to me and I needed light otherwise I would go insane.

“Just think about light and it will come to you,” The ominous voice said to me assuringly.

I thought about a oil kerosene lamp burning brightly in my window at home as I wrote a poem at my bedside looking out at the stars. Suddenly, there was a lamp at my feet and I could make out a mans feet as well. I picked up the lamp and I brought the lamp to the face and I saw who the voice was coming from…. A regular person.

“I don’t understand you’re not a demon or little elf or some magical creature. How can you read my mind?” I asked questionably.

The same way you were able to conjure up a light source everyone here is human like you and has a different ability,” He states in a honest tone of voice.

So if I think about a way out I will get freedom?” I ask him curiously and anxiously.

“Yes, but it wont be back in your world it will be in this world just out of the tree cave,” He says to me as he examines me.

I think about the entrance I came from and how I tried to leave only this time I actually got through. I opened my eyes and I was only a few steps from a new world. I looked around for the man and he was right next to me.

“This is Titania a land of magic and many other things that you’ll find out eventually,” He whispers as if it’s a secret.

“Wow its beautiful,” I state truthfully.

There were pine trees that reached right into the red and pink sky, the smell of pine and earthy moss swept into my nostrils and it burned and my face cringed. My golden locks of hair where covered in dirt and grime and I grimaced at the sight of it. My clothes were filthy as well. I looked around more closely and saw a bustling little village. Hundreds on people crowded the streets from our view it looked amazing. I looked up at him and just as I was about to ask for his name he tells me

“Norman,” and I shake my head in amazement. Its going to take a while for me to get used to his mind reading.

“Norman, will I ever get back home,” I ask in a seemingly unsightly tone. He sighs and he grabs my hand and leads me into a field full of what seems to be…..weeds?

They are not weeds Aurora, they are medicinal herbs,” He says rashly.

“Sorry,” I say honestly. He leads me to a purple and blue herb that’s called Prunella Vulgaris. Its bright pigments of blue and deeps shades of purple contrast nice against each other and I stare in awe.

“This may have a different use in your world but here it’s the gravestone of our powers whoever eats this loses there power and can longer stay here and is forced back home through a secret passage only our queen knows of,” He whispers in my ear. He picks it and gives it to me but I just stare at it.

“I don’t want to do it, I think I might want to stay here and live amongst you all,” I tell him truthfully and he stares at me in shock. He grabs my hand and pulls me into him and gives me a breath taking hug.

Thank goodness, I was really hoping you wouldn’t go back,” he says loudly.

And whys that?,” I ask him wondering why.

To be honest Aurora, the little man from before brought you here to be a bride….for me,” He says to me seriously.

I cant believe my ears. I am not mad for some reason when was in the cave all I wanted was to get out and go home but now I wish to stay. I look at him his face is unshaven and his eyes shine a deep sea blue and his eyes pierce into mine and my heart melts. If I am to live here I might as well have someone to look after me.

“I agree to this arrangement, however you must promise not to leave my side ever,” I say boldly and proudly.

He nods his head and smiles and props me onto his back and carries me into town. I hold on tightly not letting go and tightening my grip around him so I do not slip. I look back at the opening and realize it was such an unexpected event but it turned out beautifully in the end. It was a passageway to a future unknown. But now my future is set with the man who helped me realize the unexpected can be good in many many ways.

My first real entry sorry if it sucks ~ My Last Wish
My Last Wish

It doesn't suck; I found the story to be pleasant.

GltchdCodex's Honey Bun

Anxious Bunny

10,150 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Saline Everwood
My Last Wish

Thank you, I plan on doing another one because I think I could have put more in like more details because it was at least 1 am here when I wrote that and I had school in the morning. so is it alright if I do another?

Muscular Man-Lover

9,150 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Can we choose the prompts? If so, #5 looks like a intrigue story...

GltchdCodex's Honey Bun

Anxious Bunny

10,150 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
The Coincidence of Markham & June word count; 2,652 prompt #5

“It’s not wise to let someone like that know your name,” A cumbersome voice sputtered from behind me.

I jumped up in a fright and goose bumps trickled up my arms and legs. The hair on the back of my neck stood tall and I turned around to see a person in a jet black hoodie that concealed their face in a shadowy darkness. I tried to look at the persons face but I couldn’t make out any feature except lips which didn’t help much. The person stood there in silence and I froze up. I became frightened by this situation.

“Why did you tell him your name?” The dreary person quavered.
“Because he is my friend, and who are you exactly?” I questioned in curiosity.

The persons head moved up and I could see who it was perfectly from the street lights overhead. Molly Stripe one of the most mysterious people I have yet to meet so far in my first few months here.

“He’s bad news you shouldn’t have told him your name,” She piped in melodramatically.

“No, he is not. He is a good guy and good person I don’t know why you can’t see that Molly,” I argued intensely.
“I don’t understand why you can’t see past his lies,” She stated fiercely.

I shook my head and walk passed her. My brown curls bounced against my shoulders and I could hear my angry heel click against the pavement. I walked to Rose Water County Public Park and sat on the bench and sighed. Today was a very long day, I hung out with Markham and danced and drank until I couldn’t hold back any more shots. I placed my elbows onto my thighs and rested my head in my palms and closed my eyes. I thought back to a moment ago, about what Molly had said. What if something she said had truth to it? What if I begging for more than I could possibly chew. I shook the thought away and opened my eyes up and jumped up off of the bench. I clapped my hands together and collected myself and sighed once more.

“Stop kidding yourself June, everything is fine he could never do anything wrong right?” I utter to myself reassuringly.

I grab my cellphone from my navy blue denim jean pocket and check the time. Already 11pm. I need to get home otherwise my father is going to kick my… Before I could finish that thought I hear a loud scream and I whip my head over my shoulder and I see a women and a tall fit man arguing. He has his hand raised over her and I realized he struck her. My eyebrows furrow and I storm over there like an angry mother.

“Did you just hit her?” I ask the despicable guy in front of me.

He turns his head towards me and his faces cringes.
“Does it matter, this isn’t your problem so but out you noisy brat,” He responds in a deceitful tone.

“You are the lowest kind of scum, how dare you raise your hand to a women you should be locked up,” I barked back in fury.

He let his hand fall to his side and he turns to face me. The young girl scurries behind me and trembles in fear. I stand up tall and keep my guard regardless that I know I am about to be smacked or worse beat to a pulp. He looks into my eyes and he almost seemingly growls at me. He grabs my wrists but I throw his hands away. He smacks me but I smack him back. It’s like a fight between a brother and a sister and it’s pretty unsettling. After continuous repeated assaults he grabs my hair and pulls my hair and wraps it around his broad hand and pulls my face to his mouth.

“I’m getting a little tired of your crap you brat,” He mumbles aggressively. I screech in pain and he smiles and pulls tighter and tighter until I feel the pulls loosen on my hair and he slowly backs away from me. I shake in fear and discontent. I turn to see what he is backing away from and…. it’s my father.

“You better get out of here son, If I ever see you around anywhere in town I will hurt you ten times as much as you did to my daughter,” My father states straightforward and viciously. I look at the man and he has his hands up in the hair and I realize why. My father has his gun.

“Daddy, put that away you are going to hurt someone,” I shout in shock.
He looks at me and places the gun into his gun holder and uses his hands to motion me to his side. I run to his said hastily and hide behind him. I look over and I notice the man has now vanished and imp safe and so is the girl. I look over and see her sitting on the bench and I run over to her and see that she is completely horrified and she is crying profusely. I embrace her in a tight hug and I soothe her back with my hand. I sit next to her and I hug her. We didn’t get home until 1am.

When we got home my father lectured me and said that if I want to stop any violence or abuse to call him immediately and wait for him to arrive. He may be a cop but there is a limit to his power of discipline and control. I went upstairs and lie in bed and stared at my galaxy mural on my ceiling and there my arms out and sighed. I lie in bed for a while but I eventually got up and went to the bathroom to check my face for any wounds. I had a long extensive scratch down my cheek which had tiny little specks of blood slowly finding their way out to slip down my flush cheeks. I lightly touched the small wound and I grimaced as the sting made the right side of my face sting. My sea blue eyes peered back at me from the mirror and I just thought about how good the day was going to how terrible it ended. I examined my wrists and realized my bracelets had dug into my wrist and circulation marks covered my wrists along with scratches from my bracelet charms. My hair was perfectly curled before but now my left side of hair was a rat’s nest of auburn brown hair. I caressed my head as I felt the throbbing in my head from where that man had pulled my hair. But, it was worth it. To stop the constant abuse on that woman I had to take some myself.

Although, I like helping others. This was the most extreme situation I have been in since I was five but that happened years ago and I vowed to leave it behind me for the rest of my life. I shut the bathroom light off and I staggered my wall into my bedroom and I landed face first into my pillows and fell asleep.

I awoke in excruciating pain. My head my viciously throbbing, my face stung like a belt struck my face, and my wrists ached. Now I feel dumb for every butting in but at the same time I don’t. I hear a knock at my door and I yell for whomever to come in. It’s Markham.

“Hey,” He whispers quietly.

I laugh slightly and nod my head.

“Hey, and you don’t need to whisper Mark,” I reassured. He smiled and sat on my bed and pulled out my headphones from his black shiny leather jacket pocket.

“You left them at Deans party and I decided to bring them back and to see how you where after the incident last night,” He recalled intently.

I smile and grab the headphones and our fingertips touch briefly and I feel my face become hot and I put my head down and thank him.

“You’re welcome June,” He says happily. He hugs me and I smile and I wrap my arms around his broad stature and place my head on his chest and sigh.

“Thank you for last…,” Before I could finish my sentence he interjects “Listen, I’m sorry for last night if I would have walked you home things might of turned out differently,” He says in a guilty tone.

I stop hugging him and look him straight in the eyes and pinch his cheeks. He cringes and I laugh at his weird face.

“Hey I’m alive right and I’m still abusive as always right?” I reassure him jokingly.

He laughs and shakes his head in agreement and hugs me again. Then Molly pops in my head and I have the sudden urge to ask him about it.

“Umm…I ran into Molly Stripe last night right after you left me down the street from the park,” I mumble in his chest and he quickly releases me and holds my shoulders and peers at me.

“What did she say to you,” He asks nervously.

“She asked me why I told you my name and told me you were bad news,” I say truthfully.

His eyebrows furrow deep and his breathing deepens as his anger rises.

“Listen, me and Molly had a fling and she’s mad at me. Please believe me when I tell you I’m not bad and I would never hurt you,” He tells me seriously.

I nod my head and he lets out a sigh of relief and smiles. I smile back because I really have nothing to mad about. I’m just a little spiteful of Molly. I move over in my bed and I go under the cover while he says above and I fall asleep in his arms peacefully and content.

I wake up once again and it’s nearly 2 in the afternoon. My door is open and I’m pretty sure my dad saw us sleeping together. But, I really didn’t care it’s not like we did anything. I sit up and look down at Markham sleeping he’s like a little kid. He’s curled up in a little ball and I can’t help but laugh a little. I never really had the chance to examine him this close up and I examine him. His face has a five o’clock shadow and he has his long hair very straight today and his muscle peek through his t-shirt and just like every other adolescent teen I have the urge to touch it but I don’t want to wake him up so just slide out of bed carefully and walk over to the open door and peek my head out to look into my father’s office. He’s not home? That’s odd he I always home for lunch around 1:30 and gets ready to leave around 2:00pm. I shrug my shoulders and turn around and Markham is sitting up in bed watching me.

“Sorry, did I wake you up?” I ask innocently.

He rubs his eyes and yawns and looks at the bright red letters on my digital alarm clock then at me.

“Nope, just woke up regularly. He states casually.

I go to my windows and open up the white silk curtains and open my window to let some air and light in and Markham hisses like a snake. I turn around and laugh.

“Someone’s not a morning, well afternoon person,” I exclaimed happily.

He laughs and grabs my wrists and I draw back in pain.

“I’m sorry June, I didn’t know your wrists were hurt,” he bawled out.

“It’s okay, now you know,” I muse affectionately making him feel better I hope.

He grabs my arms and hugs me and I can’t help but smile. This time I’m bold and I kiss his cheek and he smiles brightly. He kisses my forehead and I nearly melt in his arms. I can’t believe out of all girls I’m the one he kisses on the forehead. It’s a dream come true for me at least. I smile and I stop hugging him and walk out of my room and walk downstairs to make something to eat. Markham follows but I think he gets lost because he is no longer behind me. I turn around and walk to the bottom of the stairs and call out him name, no response.

“Markham, are you lost or something,” I holler and I get a response back.
“No, I’m just in your father’s office,” He yells back.

I open my eyes wide in shock. I run upstairs and round a corner and I run into my father’s study and see Markham looking out my father’s bay window and his face looks…sad. I walk over quietly and hug him from behind. He sort of jumps and I feel him laugh slightly.

“Why do you seem sad Markham?” I ask curiously.
He sighs and holds my hands lightly and I see him look over his shoulder at me.
“Because I don’t want to hurt you,” He says emotionally.

I feel so short next to him and I stand on my tippy toes to feel a little more dominant. But Markham interprets it wrong and kisses me. I open my eyes widely and I feel the heat illuminating from his mouth and I blush deeply. I kiss him back. I have no reason to turn it down. His caresses my left cheek with his thumb and we break apart our lips and he props me up on his shoulders. I laugh and he carries me all around the house until we reach the kitchen and I hear the phone ring and he sets me down to answer it. I rush to grab the phone but I’m too late to answer it. The phone flashes green and I dial the house number to listen to a message on the phone. I listen intently.

“You are messing with fire June, Its Molly you have most likely already guessed. Listen I’m sorry for telling you that stuff before I was just…jealous. I wanted Markham to myself. Two weeks ago me and him had a one night fling and I just couldn’t control myself. I hope you accept my apologies but when I say you’re messing with fire I mean it. Make sure he truly loves you otherwise you’ll be his one night stand too,”

The message ends and I’m moved yet angered. Why does she tell me this now? Why wait until I fall for him and even kiss him. I erase the message and look over at Markham. He smiles but I don’t smile back. He looks at me and his smile disappears.
“What’s wrong June?” he asks me curiously.

“Tell me now please Markham, Are you planning for me to be your one night fling cause if you are then you can just leave now,” I say with a scratchy voice.

He walks over to me with a concerned face and he hugs me tightly and I hug him back.

“There is no way I would do that to you June, I love you,” He reveals in my ear.
I smile and we kiss and as things get intense he takes me upstairs and we don’t leave my bedroom for at least 2 hours. I have heard such terrible things about Markham and yet only experienced such nice and memorable things with him. I love him there’s no doubt about it and I plan to stay with him for a very long time and hopefully he feels the same way. My father came home and we told him about us and he gladly accepted the relationship that’s when I knew we were meant for each other.

(didn't have time to put conversations in italics :/ )

GltchdCodex's Honey Bun

Anxious Bunny

10,150 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Annabel the Cannibal

yes, you get to choose the prompt heart
My Last Wish
Saline Everwood
My Last Wish

Thank you, I plan on doing another one because I think I could have put more in like more details because it was at least 1 am here when I wrote that and I had school in the morning. so is it alright if I do another?

Go right ahead, I don't mind. I look forward to reading your next entry.
My Last Wish
Annabel the Cannibal

yes, you get to choose the prompt heart

If you see a prompt that intrigues you then go for it. Then if you feel like doing another one, go right ahead. The choice is yours.

Demonic Bookworm

8,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
((I can't see the prompts. crying ))
TheNameless18
((I can't see the prompts. crying ))

Did you try clicking on the little policeman icon?

Angelic Rogue

9,000 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
I choose prompt number six.
Asuna Arkenstone
I choose prompt number six.

I look forward to see your story.

Fluffy Bunny

19,750 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100