I have alot of time to participate
I join yesh owo)/

Finally a participant! heart
Can't wait to see your story! ^^

If you have any queries, do ask me!

My computer is broken but i still have my tab
But what should the story about?

Oh so are you still gonna participate? emotion_kirakira
Well, the story can be about anything! Just capture a certain moment that your character would experience in the story! Just nothing lusty that's all. It's quite open ended.
The story doesn't need to be long winded.

Mewling Kitten

Naturally Feline
IVIarru
Hurmm thats hard
I dont have my computer for now
Its broken ; v ;
Gl to people who participate

Ehhh?! O.O

I will participate hehes
But its hard to type using tab ..not pro at it
But i will do my best x3

Mewling Kitten

Naturally Feline
IVIarru
Naturally Feline
IVIarru
Wow interesting
I join yesh owo)/

Well, the story can be about anything! Just capture a certain moment that your character would experience in the story! Just nothing lusty that's all. It's quite open ended.

Yes i will hehes
Like a story about our avi?? x3

Peaceful Lunatic

Naturally Feline
Ysavvryl
Hey there! Seems pretty interesting, and quite generous with the prizes. Although, I really can't participate due to the deadline. It's much too close, especially with NaNoWriMo taking up the attention of a lot of writers for the month of November. If the deadline was change to sometime mid-December, I'd give this another thought.

Also, the writing contest forum is pretty slow. A bump a day would do the trick just fine.

Good luck finding participants!

Ah that's such a shame. :/
For this contest, the deadline shall stay as it is.
But, I'll have an upcoming writing contest right after this too!
Which I'll probably drag the deadline long enough past mid december. ^^

NaNoWriMo? What was hosted? O.o

Ah ok! Thanks for the info!
Is there anyway I could gain people's attention about my contest? .-.

NaNoWriMo is a challenge to write 50 thousand words of a novel in 30 days. Hence why there isn't time to work on something else and edit it into contest worthy state.

Can't think of what else to do for attention, sorry. Most get by with signature advertisements.

Hilarious Shapeshifter

5,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Market Browser 100
Ima try this!! blaugh

Hilarious Shapeshifter

5,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Market Browser 100
This is a cool contest, I'm sure that you will get more participants! ^w^

Generous Fatcat

10,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Threadmaster 200
IVIarru
Naturally Feline
IVIarru
Naturally Feline
IVIarru
Wow interesting
I join yesh owo)/

Yes i will hehes

Well it doesn't have to be gaia related.
It's your choice! You're the writer!
It could be a cat, a monster, an elf, anything!

Generous Fatcat

10,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Threadmaster 200
memeyouyou2

I hope to round up a minimum of 5 people for the competition. ><

Hilarious Shapeshifter

5,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Market Browser 100
Naturally Feline
memeyouyou2

I hope to round up a minimum of 5 people for the competition. ><

Good Luck >w<

Inutaiyo's Husbando

Vermillion Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Married 100
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Timid 100
Naturally Feline
PARTICIPANTS:

1. Memeyouyou2
2. |V|arru

I'd like to join. cat_smile

Inutaiyo's Husbando

Vermillion Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Married 100
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Timid 100
Naturally Feline

Well, here's my entry with a grand word count of 1,426. Enjoy?

“Has anyone heard of Albert Fish?” There was silence in the lecture hall, the eyes of all present focused on the speaker. “No one? Not even a guess?” the instructor coaxed. A hesitant hand rose from the sea of bodies. “Yes, Mr. Malkovich?”

“He was a serial killer and cannibal,” the young man answered. “He was also a rapist.”

“Correct.” The instructor turned to face the screen behind him. Using a remote to project the killer’s face. “Hamilton Howard Albert Fish. The Boogeyman. The Grey Man. The Brooklyn Vampire. A man who drove spikes into his own pelvis and beat himself with a paddle full of nails.” The professor glanced quickly at the watch on his wrist. Shoving his hands into his pockets, he concluded, “I want all of you to study Mr. Fish and write a hypothetical report on why his victims were children and why he chose to injure himself. Use psychological facts, double space; you know know the drill by now, people. It’s due next Tuesday. No exceptions or extensions!”

With permission to leave, the students began to pack their belongings and exit the hall, the silence replaced by a chorus of conversations. At the farthest end of the room, a young man closed a sketchbook and slid it into his bag. Standing, he began walking towards the door when the professor called out to him. “Wade.”

The young man turned. “Yes, Sir?”

The teacher waved to him. “Come here for a minute.”

Wade paused before making his way down to where the man was waiting for him. “Is something wrong, Dr. Vasquez?” Wade asked, a little nervous.

“I was hoping you could tell me,” he said, shuffling some papers that lay on the podium. “Your grade is fine. You’re still one of my top students, but,” he looked square in Wade’s eyes, “you don’t seem to be really into this.”

Wade’s brow furrowed. “I... I don’t understand.”

“In layman’s terms, I don’t think this is the major you want to be in. You sit way back in the corner every time you come in here, and even though I can’t see what you’re doing, I know it doesn’t have anything to do with what’s going on in this room.”

Wade was silent. He twisted his mouth as he thought of an answer. “This is what I want to do,” he said, his words sounding empty, “but the people we learn about...”

“You're studying to be a criminal profiler, Mr. Doyle. There are people like this,” he gestured back at the projected image, “out there as you and I speak. What I was trying to say was that I don’t think this is the path for you. You aren’t interested in it and are just wasting your time studying something you don’t have an interest in. Criminal Psychology is something that you have to have a passion for, and I don’t see that passion in you.”

“Are you kicking me out of this class?” Wade was clearly nervous. He shifted from one foot to the other and gripped the strap of his bag a little tighter.

Dr. Vasquez sighed and placed a comforting hand on his student’s shoulder. “No, Wade, I’m not kicking you out of my class. I’m trying to get you to open up to me. I know you’re not here because you want to be. You don’t have to do something you don’t want to do.”

Wade shrugged off Dr. Vasquez’s hand and backed away. “I’m sorry, Sir, but you’re wrong about that,” he said before quickly leaving the classroom.

“What did you learn about today?” The man who spoke had a deep, gruff voice. Smoke from his cigar fell out of his mouth in a heavy, toxic cloud. He took another drag, let the poison sit in his lungs for a moment, and then released it from his chest.

Wade stood in front of the man, but could not see him clearly. He was merely a shadow in the dark room, sitting behind a large, old desk with his feet propped on top of it. Smoke heavy in the air, and it took everything Wade had not to choke on the toxic smog. “We learned about Albert Fish today, Sir...,” he answered, his voice cracking from of the smoke.

“Speak up, Wade,” the voice commanded coolly.

Wade cleared his throat and repeated, “We learned about Albert Fish, the Boogeyman, Sir.”

The man’s chair squeaked as he removed his feet from the desk and stood. Wade resisted backing away as the large, burly shadow of a man approaching him, his feet thumping loudly against the wood floor. “That man was very, very sick, Wade,” he said. “Psychologists can label him anything they want, but they will never know what really made him do the things he did.” Wade could feel the man’s eyes staring at him in the dark. Not even the lit tip of the cigar that hung out of the giant’s mouth could illuminate any of his features. “Do you know what drove him to do those things, Wade?”

It took everything Wade had not to shake like a stray cat in the rain. Diverting some of this energy to ensure he spoke clearly, he answered, “A shade.”

“What is a shade?” the man asked.

“A shade is a spirit. It possesses weak humans and forces them to inflict harm on themselves and others.”

The giant, shadowed man leaned in close to Wade’s face. Smoke from the cigar surrounded the young man’s face, making his eyes water. “Tell me, Wade, are you weak?”

“No..., Sir,” he answered, his voice catching in his throat.

“Are you weak!” the giant shouted, making Wade jump.

“No, Sir!” he cried, his heart pounding.

The large man straightened. There was an unnerving moment of silence as Wade felt himself being closely examined. “I don’t believe you.”

The man grabbed Wade’s hair in one of his massive, meaty hands and began to drag him towards a door. “No, please! I swear! I’m not weak! I’m not weak!” Wade cried, holding on uselessly to the man’s wrist in an attempt to lessen the pain of having his hair pulled on.

“You’re unfit to be my son,” the man replied coldly, opening the door that lead to sheer darkness.

“Dad, please!” Wade begged, digging his heels into the wood of the floor, staring fearfully at the abyss of darkness before them.

It was no use. His father threw him into the darkness. Wade fell, letting out a helpless cry before hitting the concrete floor one story below. He was in the basement now. Gasping for air, he watched as the small bit of light from his father’s office receded into nothing as the door closed. He reached out towards it, but was soon consumed in darkness.

Wade jolted awake, taking in large gulps of air as he held his chest. It took him a moment before he realized that he was in the present time, safe in his bed at an old inn. Wiping the sweat from his brow, he heard a woman inquire, “Another nightmare?”

He turned towards a young lady sitting at the table next to the window. She was studying his sketchbook, but paused to look at Wade with concern. He gave her a little smile, scratching at the stubble on his face. “I was just remembering my dear ol’ dad, that’s all,” he answered calmly. “Sometimes, he visits me and reminds me why I’m here.”

“You really hate doing this, don’t you?”

Wade looked away, a scowl on his face. “No, Sara, I’m not at all happy to be risking my life being the little soldier against the Unseelie Court that my father raised me to be. Thank you for noticing that.”

Sara moved from the table, bringing Wade’s leather bound sketchbook with her. “I’m the one who does all the fighting,” she said, resting the open book in his lap. Pointing at one of his sketches of a black, snarling dog, she continued, “You do the recording.”

“You do a marvelous job destroying these creatures. I forgot to mention that,” he said before closing the book. “Are we after more Black Hounds today?”

“No, Dullahan,” his companion replied.

Wade groaned. “We do have some gold, right?”

Mewling Kitten

Naturally Feline
IVIarru
Naturally Feline
IVIarru
Naturally Feline
IVIarru
Wow interesting
I join yesh owo)/

Yes i will hehes

Oh my god i think there the pro..im the junior cry

Demonic Hellraiser

Naturally Feline
Ysavvryl
Hey there! Seems pretty interesting, and quite generous with the prizes. Although, I really can't participate due to the deadline. It's much too close, especially with NaNoWriMo taking up the attention of a lot of writers for the month of November. If the deadline was change to sometime mid-December, I'd give this another thought.

Also, the writing contest forum is pretty slow. A bump a day would do the trick just fine.

Good luck finding participants!

Ah that's such a shame. :/
For this contest, the deadline shall stay as it is.
But, I'll have an upcoming writing contest right after this too!
Which I'll probably drag the deadline long enough past mid december. ^^

NaNoWriMo? What was hosted? O.o

Ah ok! Thanks for the info!
Is there anyway I could gain people's attention about my contest? .-.

why not put the contest to damn xmas for deadline. and you could go to towns and towens 2 and personally advertises your page here just copy paste the adress bar of it into towns and towns 2 chats if you find any willing participient then?

Generous Fatcat

10,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Threadmaster 200
Xalute
Naturally Feline

Well, here's my entry with a grand word count of 1,426. Enjoy?

“Has anyone heard of Albert Fish?” There was silence in the lecture hall, the eyes of all present focused on the speaker. “No one? Not even a guess?” the instructor coaxed. A hesitant hand rose from the sea of bodies. “Yes, Mr. Malkovich?”

“He was a serial killer and cannibal,” the young man answered. “He was also a rapist.”

“Correct.” The instructor turned to face the screen behind him. Using a remote to project the killer’s face. “Hamilton Howard Albert Fish. The Boogeyman. The Grey Man. The Brooklyn Vampire. A man who drove spikes into his own pelvis and beat himself with a paddle full of nails.” The professor glanced quickly at the watch on his wrist. Shoving his hands into his pockets, he concluded, “I want all of you to study Mr. Fish and write a hypothetical report on why his victims were children and why he chose to injure himself. Use psychological facts, double space; you know know the drill by now, people. It’s due next Tuesday. No exceptions or extensions!”

With permission to leave, the students began to pack their belongings and exit the hall, the silence replaced by a chorus of conversations. At the farthest end of the room, a young man closed a sketchbook and slid it into his bag. Standing, he began walking towards the door when the professor called out to him. “Wade.”

The young man turned. “Yes, Sir?”

The teacher waved to him. “Come here for a minute.”

Wade paused before making his way down to where the man was waiting for him. “Is something wrong, Dr. Vasquez?” Wade asked, a little nervous.

“I was hoping you could tell me,” he said, shuffling some papers that lay on the podium. “Your grade is fine. You’re still one of my top students, but,” he looked square in Wade’s eyes, “you don’t seem to be really into this.”

Wade’s brow furrowed. “I... I don’t understand.”

“In layman’s terms, I don’t think this is the major you want to be in. You sit way back in the corner every time you come in here, and even though I can’t see what you’re doing, I know it doesn’t have anything to do with what’s going on in this room.”

Wade was silent. He twisted his mouth as he thought of an answer. “This is what I want to do,” he said, his words sounding empty, “but the people we learn about...”

“You're studying to be a criminal profiler, Mr. Doyle. There are people like this,” he gestured back at the projected image, “out there as you and I speak. What I was trying to say was that I don’t think this is the path for you. You aren’t interested in it and are just wasting your time studying something you don’t have an interest in. Criminal Psychology is something that you have to have a passion for, and I don’t see that passion in you.”

“Are you kicking me out of this class?” Wade was clearly nervous. He shifted from one foot to the other and gripped the strap of his bag a little tighter.

Dr. Vasquez sighed and placed a comforting hand on his student’s shoulder. “No, Wade, I’m not kicking you out of my class. I’m trying to get you to open up to me. I know you’re not here because you want to be. You don’t have to do something you don’t want to do.”

Wade shrugged off Dr. Vasquez’s hand and backed away. “I’m sorry, Sir, but you’re wrong about that,” he said before quickly leaving the classroom.

“What did you learn about today?” The man who spoke had a deep, gruff voice. Smoke from his cigar fell out of his mouth in a heavy, toxic cloud. He took another drag, let the poison sit in his lungs for a moment, and then released it from his chest.

Wade stood in front of the man, but could not see him clearly. He was merely a shadow in the dark room, sitting behind a large, old desk with his feet propped on top of it. Smoke heavy in the air, and it took everything Wade had not to choke on the toxic smog. “We learned about Albert Fish today, Sir...,” he answered, his voice cracking from of the smoke.

“Speak up, Wade,” the voice commanded coolly.

Wade cleared his throat and repeated, “We learned about Albert Fish, the Boogeyman, Sir.”

The man’s chair squeaked as he removed his feet from the desk and stood. Wade resisted backing away as the large, burly shadow of a man approaching him, his feet thumping loudly against the wood floor. “That man was very, very sick, Wade,” he said. “Psychologists can label him anything they want, but they will never know what really made him do the things he did.” Wade could feel the man’s eyes staring at him in the dark. Not even the lit tip of the cigar that hung out of the giant’s mouth could illuminate any of his features. “Do you know what drove him to do those things, Wade?”

It took everything Wade had not to shake like a stray cat in the rain. Diverting some of this energy to ensure he spoke clearly, he answered, “A shade.”

“What is a shade?” the man asked.

“A shade is a spirit. It possesses weak humans and forces them to inflict harm on themselves and others.”

The giant, shadowed man leaned in close to Wade’s face. Smoke from the cigar surrounded the young man’s face, making his eyes water. “Tell me, Wade, are you weak?”

“No..., Sir,” he answered, his voice catching in his throat.

“Are you weak!” the giant shouted, making Wade jump.

“No, Sir!” he cried, his heart pounding.

The large man straightened. There was an unnerving moment of silence as Wade felt himself being closely examined. “I don’t believe you.”

The man grabbed Wade’s hair in one of his massive, meaty hands and began to drag him towards a door. “No, please! I swear! I’m not weak! I’m not weak!” Wade cried, holding on uselessly to the man’s wrist in an attempt to lessen the pain of having his hair pulled on.

“You’re unfit to be my son,” the man replied coldly, opening the door that lead to sheer darkness.

“Dad, please!” Wade begged, digging his heels into the wood of the floor, staring fearfully at the abyss of darkness before them.

It was no use. His father threw him into the darkness. Wade fell, letting out a helpless cry before hitting the concrete floor one story below. He was in the basement now. Gasping for air, he watched as the small bit of light from his father’s office receded into nothing as the door closed. He reached out towards it, but was soon consumed in darkness.

Wade jolted awake, taking in large gulps of air as he held his chest. It took him a moment before he realized that he was in the present time, safe in his bed at an old inn. Wiping the sweat from his brow, he heard a woman inquire, “Another nightmare?”

He turned towards a young lady sitting at the table next to the window. She was studying his sketchbook, but paused to look at Wade with concern. He gave her a little smile, scratching at the stubble on his face. “I was just remembering my dear ol’ dad, that’s all,” he answered calmly. “Sometimes, he visits me and reminds me why I’m here.”

“You really hate doing this, don’t you?”

Wade looked away, a scowl on his face. “No, Sara, I’m not at all happy to be risking my life being the little soldier against the Unseelie Court that my father raised me to be. Thank you for noticing that.”

Sara moved from the table, bringing Wade’s leather bound sketchbook with her. “I’m the one who does all the fighting,” she said, resting the open book in his lap. Pointing at one of his sketches of a black, snarling dog, she continued, “You do the recording.”

“You do a marvelous job destroying these creatures. I forgot to mention that,” he said before closing the book. “Are we after more Black Hounds today?”

“No, Dullahan,” his companion replied.

Wade groaned. “We do have some gold, right?”

Oo, interesting!

Your username is added to the list! Thanks for participating!
You'll be notified when the results are out!
Or if you like, you could always write an extra submission. XD

Generous Fatcat

10,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Threadmaster 200
IVIarru
Naturally Feline
IVIarru
Naturally Feline
IVIarru

Yes i will hehes

Oh my god i think there the pro..im the junior cry

Just try your best! Who knows you are actually quite creative. wink

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas