Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Meushi
Anabaena
All I can say is: Kickass female character plz

I love kickass female characters. It's even better when they physically kick stupid people.

I wish I could write! emo

What Zabby42 said!

No one is a Shakespeare, especially in the beginning! And it's nice to have lovely editors who will help you along the way. You'd be so surprise at how well they help. Not only do they help correct spelling errors but sometimes they help with ideas and the flow of a plot! Editors are like super heroes for writers!! heart
I think in the future we should consider hving an editor's bank--where people (who aren't judging) offer editing/advice for our writers. They could be writers themselves, or just folks who want to edit.

I think it would be nice.

Lavish Lunatic

I know to make it better you just have to start, but I must say, it's not one of my priorities right now. xd

I am taking a free online course about scientific writing right now! So I'm sort of working on my writing.. rofl

Alien Sweetheart

Anabaena
I know to make it better you just have to start, but I must say, it's not one of my priorities right now. xd

I am taking a free online course about scientific writing right now! So I'm sort of working on my writing.. rofl

...oh my god...you poor thing.........you poor poor thing.

Well...say goodbye to whatever English you understand now! xd

Alien Sweetheart

Yeata Zi
Meushi
Anabaena
All I can say is: Kickass female character plz

I love kickass female characters. It's even better when they physically kick stupid people.

I wish I could write! emo

What Zabby42 said!

No one is a Shakespeare, especially in the beginning! And it's nice to have lovely editors who will help you along the way. You'd be so surprise at how well they help. Not only do they help correct spelling errors but sometimes they help with ideas and the flow of a plot! Editors are like super heroes for writers!! heart
I think in the future we should consider hving an editor's bank--where people (who aren't judging) offer editing/advice for our writers. They could be writers themselves, or just folks who want to edit.

I think it would be nice.

I think that's a wonderful idea. I know there are people out there who hate to write but love to edit, so that is a very cool like to have a list of people who would be willing to help!

Lavish Lunatic

Meushi

Thing is, scientific writing skills is something I really need for my career. So I signed up for a free course by Stanford uni on Coursera. emotion_dowant
I just got an e-mail that 20.000 people had signed up for it.. rofl

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Anabaena
Meushi

Thing is, scientific writing skills is something I really need for my career. So I signed up for a free course by Stanford uni on Coursera. emotion_dowant
Oooooh

I scientific write.... and it makes me a rather poor creative writer because in scientific writing you do your best to get the point out there with as little embellishments as possible.

Therefore, I cannot write otherwise. :/

Alien Sweetheart

Anabaena
Meushi

Oh I'm sure it is! It's just so......very science-y... sweatdrop

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
OH! CHANGES HAS FIVE! I'M CLOSING THE POLL!

Results:

Of the stories nominated, choose your favorite:
"Words in Silence" 11.8% [ 2 ]
"Wish it Wasn't an Ordinary Day 17.6% [ 3 ]
"The Task" 17.6% [ 3 ]
"Blind Faith" 23.5% [ 4 ]
"Changes" 29.4% [ 5 ]
Total Votes: [ 17 ]

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
In other news.... I think I'm going to go ahead and make a donation thread for new contest.

Lavish Lunatic

Yeata Zi
Oooooh

I scientific write.... and it makes me a rather poor creative writer because in scientific writing you do your best to get the point out there with as little embellishments as possible.

Therefore, I cannot write otherwise. :/
That makes total sense! Up until now I've always learned (at school and stuff) that for a report you have to be to the point, but still describe everything that's relevant. Which easily makes it difficult to read.

But according to the lecturer, she wants us to learn how to properly write scientifically, without making it a horrible read.. wink

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
New donation thread. Link is in Signature.

Alien Sweetheart

PARTY OVER HEEEERE!
I say, Is there a party going on in here?
The new Contest is all set up and ready to go! Go check it out!

THE CONTEST!

Fashionable Sex Symbol

12,200 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Yeata Zi

Is the contest still open?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff