Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unholy Knight

22,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Hero 100
Zabby42
Woah, I come on and the thread's exploded. User Image At least half the explosion appears to be creative planning for next time, so that's good. ^^ But anyone calling it a waste of time, well, if you don't feel you've accomplished something with what you wrote, how did you expect to win? It's a contest not a challenge, limited people are going to get things and it was sweet of Zi to give us anything (the ribbons were cute).

Actually, the Twilight comment leaves me feeling a little embarrassed because if anyone's story was similar, it was mine, what with the setting and writing style. ^^; That wasn't intentional at all - I'd originally planned to write in third person but then I was like "No! NPCs are there for the user! I want the user in my story!" so first person was the best way to do that since I could just say "you" and leave it at that. But the judges didn't pick mine so maybe that person was confused?

Congrats to the winners! I'm so happy that my first and second choices got prizes (3rd & 1st), your stories are great! And everyone's stories at least had something interesting in them, so please don't feel like it was a waste of time (not that they'll necessarily come back...I should probably stop babbling... User Image).

You were my vote for readers choice, I thought your story was lots of fun to read, it just endeared itself to me.

I got what you meant when you used 'you' you wanted the reader to be the person she was thinking of, I really liked that. I'm only so so at writing fist person, so I really enjoy anyone who can do it well.

Caring Scrooge

14,750 Points
  • Fluff Reclamation 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
LabTech Kestin
Isn't "NPC" one of the things the system doesn't let you put in a username?
I didn't think of that. Probably, huh?
VKiera
You were my vote for readers choice, I thought your story was lots of fun to read, it just endeared itself to me.

I got what you meant when you used 'you' you wanted the reader to be the person she was thinking of, I really liked that. I'm only so so at writing fist person, so I really enjoy anyone who can do it well.
Thanks! I felt a little silly since I'm not used to writing in first person and I wasn't sure if everything would make sense, but I listed all the NPCs in the story on the form so I figured people would probably get it.

I really liked your story too. So much, in fact, that I had to ban myself from the computer for a while to stop from signing into a mule and voting a second time. For me it was really a tie between yours and Reed's but "Changes" was behind when I voted so I went with that. ^^; I loved your take on both characters and even though I could totally see the end coming, the description of the Sandman looking in the window made it extra enjoyable for me. With the frost on the glass as an extra symbol of Jack's recent presence just before she takes her blindfold away, the picture it creates is stunning. I almost want to draw that moment (but I'm lazy and already procrastinating way too much when I should be studying).

Unholy Knight

22,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Hero 100
Zabby42
LabTech Kestin
Isn't "NPC" one of the things the system doesn't let you put in a username?
I didn't think of that. Probably, huh?
VKiera

Thanks! I felt a little silly since I'm not used to writing in first person and I wasn't sure if everything would make sense, but I listed all the NPCs in the story on the form so I figured people would probably get it.

I really liked your story too. So much, in fact, that I had to ban myself from the computer for a while to stop from signing into a mule and voting a second time. For me it was really a tie between yours and Reed's but "Changes" was behind when I voted so I went with that. ^^; I loved your take on both characters and even though I could totally see the end coming, the description of the Sandman looking in the window made it extra enjoyable for me. With the frost on the glass as an extra symbol of Jack's recent presence just before she takes her blindfold away, the picture it creates is stunning. I almost want to draw that moment (but I'm lazy and already procrastinating way too much when I should be studying).

Thank you, it's lovely to hear what someone's take on it was.

The end itself wasn't suppose to be a big surprise to the reader, so much a surprise to the Sandman, to me what was important about that story is she learned that if you can put just a little faith in people they can surprise you. Thus "Blind Faith"

She'd still so kick his a** if they ever meet again though, lol.

Ha, I'd love to do some sketching myself, but I've got a giant pile of unfinished art work I need to finish first before starting anything new and a website to build. eh, o.e I kinda miss school at least it was predicable.

Caring Scrooge

14,750 Points
  • Fluff Reclamation 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
I know what you mean. It was way easier having deadlines and schedules without having to make them up for yourself. Now I'm just going "I will get through to 40% of this textbook by the end of this weekend! ...why am I still only at 26%?"

Magical Cutie-Pie

BUH! I'm still trying to figure out a name for the mule so I haven't made one yet. sweatdrop I know! I suck. I just don't want to make one and then have to change the name later with a crap ton of money. I'm not sure if that makes me lazy or not............. ninja

Magical Cutie-Pie

Well since I'm being lazy torn about the name, let's talk about ideas for the next contest!

Seems spooky/horror/October theme idea is a good idea? I was thinking it shouldn't just be horror since some people can't/don't like to write it but that thriller/ spooky feel, like a ghost story mix could work too? If it were me, I would write about something spooky but silly...I have thing about humor. sweatdrop

Also I've seen some ideas for names, any others?

Loyal Gaian

16,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Firestarter 200
We still have a tie on the poll. :/ We'll give it a bit more time.

Loyal Gaian

16,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Firestarter 200
Meushi
Well since I'm being lazy torn about the name, let's talk about ideas for the next contest!

Seems spooky/horror/October theme idea is a good idea? I was thinking it shouldn't just be horror since some people can't/don't like to write it but that thriller/ spooky feel, like a ghost story mix could work too? If it were me, I would write about something spooky but silly...I have thing about humor. sweatdrop

I'd probably write a scooby-doo mystery story XD

Unholy Knight

22,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Hero 100
Meushi

You could throw in suspense/thriller into it, or mystery, along with the scary/horror aspect.

Lavish Lunatic

All I can say is: Kickass female character plz

I love kickass female characters. It's even better when they physically kick stupid people.

I wish I could write! emo

Caring Scrooge

14,750 Points
  • Fluff Reclamation 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
Don't wish; just do. You seem capable of typing at least, and don't most people make up junk sometimes? Pen it down, type it up, whatever, and there, you've written. If you think it's no good, edit it. If no one else likes it, ignore them as long as you like it. Unless you're talking about lack of time in which case I echo your sentiments.

Magical Cutie-Pie

Yeata Zi
Meushi

I'd probably write a scooby-doo mystery story XD

LOL Same.......And now I have a plot bunnies. THANK YOU!

Magical Cutie-Pie

VKiera
Meushi

You could throw in suspense/thriller into it, or mystery, along with the scary/horror aspect.

You know I'd be happy if a story followed any of those themes LOL It would certainly work for a Halloween-y feel or at least that kind of spooky feel I like.

WOO I really want this to be the next contest LOL

Magical Cutie-Pie

Anabaena
All I can say is: Kickass female character plz

I love kickass female characters. It's even better when they physically kick stupid people.

I wish I could write! emo

What Zabby42 said!

No one is a Shakespeare, especially in the beginning! And it's nice to have lovely editors who will help you along the way. You'd be so surprise at how well they help. Not only do they help correct spelling errors but sometimes they help with ideas and the flow of a plot! Editors are like super heroes for writers!! heart

Loyal Gaian

16,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Firestarter 200
STILL NO CLEAR WINNER! MEH!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers