Welcome to Gaia! ::

In light of the bountiful success of my previous Contest (Nature Poetry Contest, 8/19-9/19, 20k), and due to my continued vain attempts to discover a decent poetry contest to enter these days, I am holding another contest!

As you might have guessed by the forum topic, this is a "Futuristic Poetry Contest"

what does that mean??!?!?

Well, it means poetry about the future, of course.

Still a little hazy?

Okay, here's the deal: I want you to write poetry about anything futuristic. I don't want some silly drivel about robots or time travel, but if you can make it cathartic and still involve those things, then please go right ahead. That's the point, to write something about the future that is perhaps surreal, but still evocative. I'm kind of leaning towards a technologically advanced or apocalyptic future, not really what your own hopes and aspirations for the immediate future are. That isn't exclusive by any means, so please don't give me crap about it. This really opens the playing field for emotions that you can experience. Surprise me, and if you have questions, ask. Is this new and crazy and different? Yes. But so was Butter sculpturing and look where that... well you get my point. I still want something meaningful, but I don't want it to be about the world as it is in this time period.

Oh yes... there will be GOLD!

Send an entry fee of 100 gold to DOLEON MULE

Then, you might get some back. I think the prize divisions of last time worked out just dandy, so I'm keeping them.

First place gets 15,000
Second Place gets 10,500
Third Place gets 4,500

And if I want to makes some honorable mentions, it is completely my prerogative mrgreen

Your entry fee covers ONE poem. You may enter up to two, but an entry fee must be sent in for each.

This contest will run until it has 15 entrants. If the 15th entrant, enters in 2008, then so be it.

Aren't you excited? I'm excited. I can't wait to read your stuff. Good luck to all.

Thanks once more to the bountiful and gracious generosity of the WW&CCF, there has been a significant increase in the prize pool. An increase to the tune of 25,000 gold!!!! heart

User Image
Entrants!

1. Legendary Neko ~ Weary Wasteland 4laugh
2. Demonic Posession ~ Necropolis Apocalyptica 4laugh
3. Caeluma ~ Walking No More 4laugh
4. Ostrich Sex and Tequila ~ Misdirection, Static 4laugh
5. Naiya Kel ~ Child Without Wings 4laugh
6. Knight727 ~ Polyester Puppets 4laugh
7. Nucleotide ~ I Couldn't Cry 4laugh
8. Gildreon ~ The Future 4laugh
9. Mr. Deception ~ Splitter-Ender 4laugh
10. Serenity_Kaiba ~ Gone With the Shadows 4laugh
11. RebalRose ~ Sorry Mr. President, but the future has come 4laugh
12. Rootbeer_boobiegirl ~ Futura 4laugh
13. Kuroi_meimu_sasayaki ~ Or So As It Decrees 4laugh
14. Solarflare Sundae ~ The Rugburn Philosophy 4laugh
15. Skui ~ swinging biggrin

xd Paid
biggrin Entered
4laugh Paid AND Entered
heart Donated!!!!!!

I love donations!
I'll enter.

On time.

With a poem that I didn't rush.

I PROMISE. scream
Panthino the Moth
I'll enter.

On time.

With a poem that I didn't rush.

I PROMISE. scream

YAY!!!!!
So. When do these poems need to be in, by?
[ Arbitrary.Ink ]
So. When do these poems need to be in, by?

...I'd tell you to see the first post, but I'm feeling generous, and I do suppose it wasn't spelled out blatantly: Your post needs to be in in a timely fashion such that fifteen other contestants don't rob you of a spot. The bit in pink near the end of the first post elucidates exactly when this contest is to end.
Since I enjoyed your previous contest so much, I am returning to give this one a try. I will send my gold in just as soon as I get a decent piece written up.
Doleon

...I'd tell you to see the first post, but I'm feeling generous...

Yes, well, it wasn't actually in the first post. You just said that it would run until fifteen entrants were in.
I wasn't sure about whether or not there was a deadline on entering the poetry itself - a vast majority of competitions do have them, and often I've been involved in ones where poems weren't to be posted until all fifteen entrants were selected.

(: Thanks for clarifying, though, I appreciate it.
neko_chan13
Since I enjoyed your previous contest so much, I am returning to give this one a try. I will send my gold in just as soon as I get a decent piece written up.

YAY! I look forward to it!

@ arbitrary ink - yeh, sorry for being flippant, I understand, and am glad that cleared it up.
let the bumping begin!
Bump to the top of the page.

Come on! I know it's a tough topic... but I also know there's talent out there!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff