Welcome to Gaia! ::

I’m facing a bit of writers block. So, for this monumental happening I’m hosting a challenge in hopes of getting my gears spinning once again.

Rules and Guidelines:

Proper grammar punctuation and English please. A few here and there won’t kill me but if it’s every other sentence I’ll probably not consider the entry worthy of a prize, sorry.

Please no plagiarizing of any kind c:

Short stories or poems I have no word limit. I don’t want a book, mind you, but if inspiration hits you while you’re writing and you end up with a whole lot of story submit it anyway.

Be descriptive! Use adjectives! This is where I’m having my own problem <3

Send your story to me via pm. I don’t want your work to influence anyone else.

Up to three entry's per person. Only one entry can win per person, however.

If you have a question or would like feedback on your work for constructive criticism pm me or post here.

Prizes:

First Place: choice of Lethe Rose, Ginga Acceleration, or 700mil

Second Place: choice of Princess of the World, A New Year, or 300mil

Third Place: choice of La Belle Chanteuse, Devil’s Spice or 100mil

(You only get one of the items listed for reach place)

(I’m going off lowest market price for the items as of 5/28 )

Date:

This Contest will end June 10th or when I have a substantial amount of entrys.

Hints and Tips:

I’m drawn to dark stories or slash (follow the tos if you chose that route though).

I don’t like happy endings unless it’s really moving.

I prefer male characters over female characters, action over romance, and realistic over fantasy.

Dark depressing things in general.

An emotionally moving story line

If you, however, do not like those things please don’t think you can’t enter and try and win. I do like other things and you will still have a chance.

A few Prompts:

You don’t have to do these, this is just to help the writing juices flowing within your bodies.

- Write about something ugly –war, fear, hate, cruelty- but find the beauty (silver lining) in it.
- And you thought dragons didn't exist
- Write about nature. Include the following words: hard drive, stapler, phone, car, and billboard.
- Write a poem about one or all of the four seasons. (Some ideas for brainstorming: What does the season look, feel, and smell like? What memories do you associate with that season?).
- Write a poem about something that happened to someone you know. Write about it as if it had happened to you.
- Write a poem about your shadow.

That’s all I have for you! Have fun and happy writing!! redface
Ladies and Gentlemen! I have completed the judging process! Reading though all of your creative story's and poems was a wonderful experience 3nodding Picking a winner was truly hard as I really enjoyed all of them.

However, I had to make a conclusion to the end of the story. Least I left it without the final chapter.

The Winners are as follows!

Third Place: Ginger Rose-Chan
Second Place: Kitty_Cappuccino
First: InkAddiction

Honorable Mention: XxGoldfish567xX

Thank you all for your exceptional writings. I hope to host another contest similar to this in the future! Keep an eye out c:

Dapper Dabbler

I'm going to work on this today. We share similar taste. If you click on the picture in my sig, I've got a writing contest up that might inspire you (although I seriously need to update the prizes..)
X - B R i G - X
I'm going to work on this today. We share similar taste. If you click on the picture in my sig, I've got a writing contest up that might inspire you (although I seriously need to update the prizes..)

Oh my, I might just enter redface The prompt is really interesting. Thank you 3nodding I also look forward to your entry c:

Dapper Lunatic

4,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Millionaire 200
Will probs enter. Sounds cool... I like the shadow idea... hmm...
littletempest
Will probs enter. Sounds cool... I like the shadow idea... hmm...

Yay emotion_kirakira Go for it <3 Id enjoy reading what you come up with 3nodding

Dangerous Prophet

7,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
NunuSama

Sounds fun, but I have a few questions.

Can I modify something I have written previously (not for Gaia, though)?
Also, 700-1000 words is really hard(!), if I keep it under 2k, does that count as a not-book?
How "complete" would a short story have to be? Does it have to have an entirely enclosed and linear plot (ie. beginning, middle, end), or can it be more ephemeral (again, owing to word restrictions and your penchant for description, I find it unlikely that I'll be able to fully develop characters alongside a full plot)?

I'll definitely enter, though, just curious.
Kiyene
NunuSama

Sounds fun, but I have a few questions.

Can I modify something I have written previously (not for Gaia, though)?
Also, 700-1000 words is really hard(!), if I keep it under 2k, does that count as a not-book?
How "complete" would a short story have to be? Does it have to have an entirely enclosed and linear plot (ie. beginning, middle, end), or can it be more ephemeral (again, owing to word restrictions and your penchant for description, I find it unlikely that I'll be able to fully develop characters alongside a full plot)?

I'll definitely enter, though, just curious.

Oh my redface My word limit is flexible, if you have something longer you would like to give its fine, when inspiration strikes it strikes! and I hate putting limits on imaginations 3nodding and its fine if its something you've previously written. How complete is up to you. Its your story :3 i'm simply the reader. It could be a snippet of something or a full developed part, i'll leave that up to you. whee

Roy Alexis's Queen

No Sex Symbol

18,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
I may join this only because you said you don't like happy endings.
I don't either. So I might just throw something your way, if I end up with something good.
Yutora
I may join this only because you said you don't like happy endings.
I don't either. So I might just throw something your way, if I end up with something good.

Oh jes, feel free to join <3

Beloved Fatcat

Hi there! I'm going to send you a poem I wrote, but I have a story you might really like too. The only problem is that its 3500 words. Would you still be up to consider it for the contest?
Kittie_Cappuccino
Hi there! I'm going to send you a poem I wrote, but I have a story you might really like too. The only problem is that its 3500 words. Would you still be up to consider it for the contest?

I will still consider it <3 thank you for your entry! redface

Beloved Fatcat

NunuSama
Kittie_Cappuccino

I will still consider it <3 thank you for your entry! redface

Thank you! I'll send it right to you C: And no problem! I love writing dark stuff, and its nice to find others who appreciate it biggrin

Tipsy Shoujo

Suffering a bit of writer's block myself at the moment actually XD I'll submit an old work though :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff