Devoted Friend

10,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Hardcore Uvula
Snowblazer

You can title it anywhere you want.

Also, I suggest putting the banner up in the guild somewhere so people can use it if they wanna. ^^ That's just my suggestion, though.

I'll put the link up right away.
okie dokie!

Well, i thought I had already done that lol. I have a Take a link, Leave a link, in my other guild. I dont know why I dont have one in this one...ill have to get to it tomorrow after work.

Eloquent Gekko

14,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
...Added a new rule about advertizing in my thread. That's really rude.

Beloved Bloodsucker

Hardcore Uvula
Lifeless-Angelkiss
If you've already entered here,there's no reason not to check out this thread . It's still brand new and has no entries yet.(Also needs donators for prizes)

I thought about being a littler person and in turn advertizing in your thread, but instead I'm simply going to ask you not do this sort of thing again. If you want to advertize, ask the person first. Swap banners. Don't just barge in and slap your ad onto the page. It's rude and unsightly.

Oh my!I'm sorry!I've never read had a thread that I wanted to advertise before so I've never had this problem before.I'm very sorry and I didn't know.I'll delete the post straight away.

Eloquent Gekko

14,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Lifeless-Angelkiss
Hardcore Uvula
Lifeless-Angelkiss
If you've already entered here,there's no reason not to check out this thread . It's still brand new and has no entries yet.(Also needs donators for prizes)

I thought about being a littler person and in turn advertizing in your thread, but instead I'm simply going to ask you not do this sort of thing again. If you want to advertize, ask the person first. Swap banners. Don't just barge in and slap your ad onto the page. It's rude and unsightly.

Oh my!I'm sorry!I've never read had a thread that I wanted to advertise before so I've never had this problem before.I'm very sorry and I didn't know.I'll delete the post straight away.

^^;; I figured that you might be new at this. Would you like me to put a link to your contest in my Links Out section, hon?

Dedicated Lunatic

11,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Over Easy 100
Hardcore Uvula
XxRainflowerxX
Hardcore Uvula
XxRainflowerxX
Hmm...i'm not sure about entering this or not :/
It seems like a lovely writing contest, but I tend to forget things sometimes, so I don't want to leave empty promises or joining or anything

Anyway, my question is: if we are entering, do we send you the entries by private message? Or do we post it in this thread?

Post it in the thread please. ^^

But what if some other members see it and copy it?

Of the contest? If you post it first, and they post it second, then they obviously copied it.

Oh, well I was thinking along the lines of someone seeing your entry and getting ideas from that and then incorporating these ideas into their own words...oh well, guess I'm just paranoid.

Beloved Bloodsucker

Hardcore Uvula
Lifeless-Angelkiss
Hardcore Uvula
Lifeless-Angelkiss

^^;; I figured that you might be new at this. Would you like me to put a link to your contest in my Links Out section, hon?

That would be wonderful!Sorry we started on a rough foot. I really like your avatar,though!I love Corvus birds.Your Avi reminds me vaguely of a raven I once heard of who flew into someone's room and perched itself upon a bust of Pallis just above their chamber door!Can you imagine?Apparently someone wrote a poem about it too!

Eloquent Gekko

14,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
XxRainflowerxX
Hardcore Uvula
XxRainflowerxX
Hardcore Uvula
XxRainflowerxX
Hmm...i'm not sure about entering this or not :/
It seems like a lovely writing contest, but I tend to forget things sometimes, so I don't want to leave empty promises or joining or anything

Anyway, my question is: if we are entering, do we send you the entries by private message? Or do we post it in this thread?

Post it in the thread please. ^^

But what if some other members see it and copy it?

Of the contest? If you post it first, and they post it second, then they obviously copied it.

Oh, well I was thinking along the lines of someone seeing your entry and getting ideas from that and then incorporating these ideas into their own words...oh well, guess I'm just paranoid.

I'd like people to be able to see what people wrote and see why I chose them for whatever place I did. However, if you're really, really worried about someone taking your stuff, you can PM it to me.

Though I would like to remind you (and I hope you don't find this rude) that getting inspiration from another writer's work isn't a bad thing. They say there are only 11 story lines, if I'm remembering correctly. At least for me, sharing my work is one of the things that is the best about contests.

However, I understand the worry. I am a little protective of my work as well. Not as much now as I used to be, but the niggling worries do crop up occasionally.

Eloquent Gekko

14,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Lifeless-Angelkiss
Hardcore Uvula
Lifeless-Angelkiss
Hardcore Uvula
Lifeless-Angelkiss

That would be wonderful!Sorry we started on a rough foot. I really like your avatar,though!I love Corvus birds.Your Avi reminds me vaguely of a raven I once heard of who flew into someone's room and perched itself upon a bust of Pallis just above their chamber door!Can you imagine?Apparently someone wrote a poem about it too!

Haha that's awesome. Don't worry, I have no hard feelings. I have to admit I was peeved, but that's all water under the bridge now. Good luck with your contest!

Beloved Bloodsucker

Hardcore Uvula
Lifeless-Angelkiss
Hardcore Uvula
Lifeless-Angelkiss
Hardcore Uvula
Lifeless-Angelkiss

Haha that's awesome. Don't worry, I have no hard feelings. I have to admit I was peeved, but that's all water under the bridge now. Good luck with your contest!
Thanks and likewise to you.I must depart I'm afraid.Goodnight.

Devoted Friend

10,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
”Hardcore Uvula”

Entry Form

I don't know if the end qualifies as a wrap up. But here ya go.

Username: Snowblazer
Title: Prelude to Disaster.
Word Count: Well, word says its 1,164
Entry:
3rd Day of February, 2007

So, this is the first time I have ever used a Diary. Osiris said it would make me more girly. He is soooo cute! I just love my little brother. He got me this cute pink Diary for my twenty-third birthday. He was blushing the whole time! Oh, my dear little eighteen year old brother. How quickly you have grown. Soon, you shall have your familiar.
I remember when I got my familiar. I was nineteen. Lynx is her name. She is a very beautiful cat. Golden Fur with Ruby eyes. She is the best! She is teaching me so much about magic. My spells have gotten stronger!
Anyways, I can’t wait to see what kind of familiar you get Osiris. I know you’ll get something powerful. Maybe even a dragon! Wouldn’t that be something! The first member to get a dragon since great-great grandmother. As long as it’s not Razbunare, NEVER take a covenant under Razbunare. No familiar is worth your life.
Uncle is calling us for dinner. I guess I shall write again later. Good night!

4th Day of February, 2007

Not much to write about. Today, like all days, was boring and slow. Still no word from mother or father. It is not like them to disappear for months on end. Worse yet, foul words are brewing with our brother clan. Uncle says it is nothing to worry about, however. I had a dream last night. A terrible dream. Father and mother standing in front of a burning house, laughing. I do hope it is just a dream and not one of Lynx’s visions. It didn’t seem like a vision, still.
I shouldn’t say such things about mother and father. They raised us to belive in our family and friends. They would never betray us. Right?

5th Day of February 2007

Another boring day. Helped with some chores and dinner. Lynx taught me a new healing spell. It is for dispelling pain from burns. I hope I never need to use it.
I hear your Familiar Discovery will happen soon! I hope you get something good. Something powerful. You always protect everyone. A dragon would be spectacular!! As long as it is not Razbunare. Please Osiris, DON”T take a covenant for the Familiar Eater. I do not wish to lose my brother at such a young age.
I know you will get a dragon. Just don’t befriend Razbunare! Please! I beg you! I hope my silent prayers are reaching the Gods.
Hey! If you get a dragon, teach me some offensive spells, not a lot just a few, in case, and I will teach you some healing spells! Sound good!

7th Day of February 2007

Yesterday was so hectic! A battle with one of our enemy clans turned out in victory, but at what cost. I spent all day healing and comforting. I am tired. I have today off, from everything. I guess when you collapse from healing, you get a day off.
But don’t worry brother! I am feeling fine! I little drained but fine none the less. Oh, it just started raining! I love rain! Don’t you little brother? Lynx hates it, course, she is a cat. When you get your dragon, will you take me flying? I have always wanted to soar above the clouds!
Sister Celeste said something to me today. She said “Some things must happen the way they do. Sometimes what happens has to happen.” Does that mean we can’t try to stop it from happening? Do we warn them and let them decide what to do? Or do we let it happen as Fate deems it so?
Such a heavy burden Future Sight is. Sometimes, I wish I didn’t have it.

8th Day of February 2007

Still no word from mother and father or our brother clan. I do hope all is well. Mimzy has a fear of fire you know. Poor Mimzy.
I think, I will keep all to myself. No matter what I see, the end is always the same. I guess Fate deems it so.

9th Day of February 2007

The days seem to be growing shorter. I know they are in fact growing longer. I wish time would stop. Why? I don’t understand. It is not fair. It never has been. Our fate. Their fate. Every ones fate. All tied together by a thick flammable thread. One spark is all it would take.

The sun dries up the rain as soon as it ends.

10th Day of February 2007

Your Familiar Discovery is in four days! Oh how I wish mother and father could be here to see it! Maybe they will return with good news!
Although we are still exchanging foul words, no. War is inevitable. No hope can save us now little brother. Don’t take a covenant with Razbunare okay? No idea is worth your life. Please Osiris!
Maybe we will have another festival like they held for Dane! He got a Wyrm and a huge party! Just imagine the party when you get your Dragon!
Four days and counting

11th Day of February 2007

Oh my!
Dane proposed to me today! I said yes! Even though
So! What shall we eat for your celebratory dinner? Shall I make your favorite? Maybe we can have a large dinner! A buffet with everyone! How fun would that be?
I don’t say it very often, I wish I did, I truly do love you little brother. I was so happy when I found out I was getting a little brother. These last eighteen years have flown by. I remember how you would cry when I got in trouble. You always protected me little brother. Remember when you stole a cookie and mother found out? I told her it was me. You stepped up with crumbs in your hand saying “It wasn’t her ma, it was me!” We both got whipped for that!
I know reminiscing about the past will only hurt. I can’t help it really. I like remembering, even if it hurts. Never take your memories for granted. Soon, only they will prove our existence.
It hasn’t rained in two days. That does not bode well.
Three days.

13th Day of February 2007

One more day. I have tomorrow off, maybe I will get up early and write.
More foul words. I hear they will start a war if we do not back down. Knowing the Elders, that will never happen. I told them we should. To prevent war. They laughed and said “We are far more powerful then they! If they wish to great the Grim Reaper, then so be it!”
I have only had this journal for ten days. I didn’t fill it very well. I am truly sorry brother. I do have my other ones though. If they survive, you may read them. I don’t mind.
Don’t take a covenant under Razbunare!

14th Day of February 2007

Let the fire burn.
Let the innocents run.
Let the guilty one’s perish.
And let the Sins fly on the wind

Ashes to Ashes.
Dust to Dust.
Farewell to our clan.

Now, it is my turn to protect you little brother.
Do not take a covenant under Razbunare! I will haunt you from the afterlife!

I love you. Goodbye.

Gracious Stalker

14,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
I'd like to enter,
if I come up with something before the deadline.

Eloquent Gekko

14,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Yutora
I'd like to enter,
if I come up with something before the deadline.

Alright!

Good luck. =3

Gracious Stalker

14,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
Hardcore Uvula

Thank you!

Gosh your name is super familiar,
have I talked to you before? o:

Quick Reply