Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
The time has come for me to pass the torch, as it was passed to me.
I am happy to announce that Adimurti will be taking over the Colosseum
along with the original Colosseum Mule, Torches_Of_Nero.

Thank you everyone who has contributed in making these years such
an adventure. I have met so many wonderful people here... and I will
not be a stranger, nor am I leaving!

I hereby officially pass the Torch!

User Image

..........The [Poetry] Colosseum IV..........
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

.....................................................................................................................................Welcome!
Hello, and welcome to the Colosseum! Here, poets test their lyrical mettle by betting their own items/gold against each other in duels of poetic skill.
*The Colosseum is always open for bloodshed!* twisted

Duels will be conducted in The Colosseum IV Duelling Grounds

..................................................................................................................Colosseum Chronicles
September, 2005 - The Original Collosseum Main Where!
September, 2005 - See pages 90 - 93 if you can stand hysterics without p***** yourself!
September, 2005 - The Original Dueling Grounds!
May, 2006.......... - Colosseum II
May, 2006.......... - Colosseum II Dueling Grounds
April, 2008.......... - Poetry Colosseum III
April, 2008.......... - Colosseum III Dueling
May, 2010 - ........- The Passing of the Torch to Adimurti.

........................................................................................................................Table of Contents
1st post: Welcome / Colosseum Chronicles / Table of Contents
2nd post: Pules and Procedures / Duelling Forms - [Torches_Of_Nero]
3rd post: Prizes and Bonus Winnings / Donations and Generosity - [Vaylle]
4th Post: Worthy of Posterity / Announcements - [Vaylle]
5th Post: Judge Central
6th Post: Duelling History
7th Post: WW&CCFoundation
8th Post: Useful Links and Resources
9th Post: Notes to Self
10th Post: Reserved
..................................................................................................................Rules & Procedures
ɯǝɥʇ ʍoןןoɟ---

Penden
Here you can challenge other poets to a friendly or not so friendly duel. It will be like sports, or like tigers defending their turf: there will be the defenders (the home team) and challengers. Defenders put out a challenge to the whole forum but depend on a challenger to take them up on it. And just like defenders in the wild, you must take on every challenger that comes at you, otherwise your territory is taken over by default.

Duelling in Seven Easy Steps

1. Defender posts their listing.
  2. Challenger posts a Challenge.
    • This is done by filling out the form below.
  3. Defender posts an acceptance.
    • There's a form below for this as well. ~_^
  4. Judge posts the Enguarde! in both the Dueling Grounds and the Main Where (this one).
    • An Enguarde! is a post listing the names of the Duellists, the amount of their bet and the terms of the duel. The duel poems may not be posted until the Enguarde! is up. Think of it as a Judge's Acceptance.
  5. Duellists send bets to the Judge.
    • Judge fees will be paid by Torches_Of_Nero, the Colosseum Agent.
    • NOTA BENE! - This can be done any time after the Defender has Accepted the terms of the duel.
  6. Duellists post battle poems.
    • Even if your poem is much better than your opponent's in terms of quality, it must abide by the terms of the duel or you might lose by being disqualified.
  7. Judge posts judgment and/or critique, and sends the bet items/gold to the winner.

At each step in the process, you may PM the other person to let them know they have been Challenged, Accepted, hired as a Judge, etc. This will help speed things up, as not everyone visits the Colosseum every day!

Duel Types

There are five main Duel Types. More may be added later.

1. Regular Duel; Defender posts. Anyone (who then becomes the Challenger) may accept.
  2. Flash Duel; Defender posts. Anyone (who then becomes the Challenger) may accept. Flash Duels are conditional - bound by time limits and availability of all parties, including the Judge.
  3. Call-Out Duel; Defender posts, naming a specific Challenger. Only the person being called out may accept. Call-Outs may be either Regular or Flash, whichever is agreed upon by both parties.
  4. Grudge Match; Have a bone to pick with someone? Have they bested you too often? Want another chance to prove your worth? Name your opponent! Only the named opponent may accept a Grudge Match.
  5. Double-Barrelled Duel; Both Duellists must submit both a first draft and an edited version. In addition to judging between the two poets, the Judge must also decide which version of each poet's piece is better. The default double-barreled Judging fee is twice the regular fee, either with crit or without.

Duelling Forms

Any one may become a Defender by filling out this form and posting it in the where:

Defender Name: *Your Username Goes Here*
Judge I Prefer: *The Username of the Judge You'd Prefer Goes Here*
Form: *The Form the Duel Poem Should Be In, Goes Here*
Context: *The Context the Duel Poem Should Be In, Goes Here*
The Bet: *The Amount You're Offering as a Bet Goes Here*

Faded Titles:
[b][color=#c00c0c]D[/color][color=#a80b0b]e[/color][color=#900909]f[/color][color=#780808]e[/color][color=#600606]n[/color][color=#480505]d[/color][color=#300303]e[/color][color=#180202]r[/color] Name:[/b] *Your Username Goes Here*
[b][color=#8e00e6]J[/color][color=#7200b8]u[/color][color=#55008a]d[/color][color=#39005c]g[/color][color=#1c002e]e[/color] I Prefer:[/b] *The Username of the Judge You'd Prefer Goes Here*
[b]Form:[/b] *The Form the Duel Poem Should Be In, Goes Here*
[b]Context:[/b] *The Context the Duel Poem Should Be In, Goes Here*
[b]The Bet:[/b] *The Amount You're Offering as a Bet Goes Here*

Simplified:
[b][color=#ff1421]Defender[/color] Name:[/b] *Your Username Goes Here*
[b][color=#6500c2]Judge[/color] I Prefer:[/b] *The Username of the Judge You'd Prefer Goes Here*

Anyone may become a Challenger by filling out this form and posting in the main where:

Defender Name: *Defender's Username Goes Here*
Challenger Name: *Accepting Challenger's Username Goes Here*
Form: *The Form the Duel Poem Should Be In, Goes Here*
Context: *The Context the Duel Poem Should Be In, Goes Here*
The Bet: *The Amount You're Offering as a Bet Goes Here*

Faded Titles:
[b][color=#c00c0c]D[/color][color=#a80b0b]e[/color][color=#900909]f[/color][color=#780808]e[/color][color=#600606]n[/color][color=#480505]d[/color][color=#300303]e[/color][color=#180202]r[/color] Name:[/b] *Defender's Username Goes Here*
[b][color=#1c68ca]C[/color][color=#195eb6]h[/color][color=#1653a2]a[/color][color=#14498d]l[/color][color=#113e79]l[/color][color=#0e3465]e[/color][color=#0b2a51]n[/color][color=#081f3d]g[/color][color=#061528]e[/color][color=#030a14]r[/color] Name:[/b] *Accepting Challenger's Username Goes Here*
[b][color=#8e00e6]J[/color][color=#7200b8]u[/color][color=#55008a]d[/color][color=#39005c]g[/color][color=#1c002e]e[/color] I Prefer:[/b] *The Username of the Judge You'd Prefer Goes Here*

Simplified:
[b][color=#ff1421]Defender[/color] Name:[/b] *Defender's Username Goes Here*
[b][color=#007aff]Challenger[/color] Name:[/b] *The Accepting Challenger's Username Goes Here*
[b][color=#6500c2]Judge[/color] I Prefer:[/b] *The Username of the Judge You'd Prefer Goes Here*

Challenger and Defender must decide on the Criteria and Terms for their duel. For instance, what sort of poem are you going to write? What can't you do? What are you going for? A duel will only happen when the Criteria and Terms and the Judge can be agreed upon.

Miscellaneous Rules

• Anyone may Challenge a Defender.
  • A duel may begin once the Criteria and Terms are agreed upon and the Judge has posted the Enguarde!.
  • You may fight more than one duel at a time.
  • Each poem should be clearly marked to show which duel it is for.

Dedicated Dabbler

3,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
............................................................................................................Prizes/Bonus Winnings
ɯǝɥʇ ʇuɐʍ noʎ---

Why do we give Bonuses?

Prizefighters have their belts, professional athletes have their trophies, gladiators walked away with their hides mostly intact--we here at the Colosseum have the Prevailing Poet, Most Frequent Duelist, and Critique of the Week awards.

• These Bonus Prizes are awarded every TEN completed duels, or once a month, whichever has the most duels.
  • Each prize is 1000 gold or equivalent items.
  • Prevailing Duelist prizes will be awarded based on number of wins. The duelist with the highest number of wins gets the prize.
  • Most Frequent Duelist prizes will be awarded based on number of duels. The duelist with the highest number of duels gets the prize.
    • Judges critiques posted during the same time period will be based on content, timeliness, and effort expended.

Results will be posted as follows:

PC
Prevailing Poet:
Name:
# of Wins:
[url of a noteworthy post]

PC
Most Frequent Duelist:
Name:
# of Duels:
[url of a noteworthy post]

PC
Critique of the Week:
Name:
Critique: [url of the prizewinning critique]

A record of these awards will be kept in the Dueling Grounds.

In the event of a tie, winners will duel each other--they choose format, judge. and criteria. 3nodding

DISCLAIMER
Please note that all items have been liquidated and that
all Prizes and Awards will be in GOLD, unless specifically
stated otherwise, or I just decide to throw in something extra!
What a load off my mind!

Prices subject to change. Please check market values/store prices.
ID required. Eligibility requirements may apply..
Employees must wash their hands. For Customer Service, please go
HERE
You may visit the Complaint Department HERE.

.....................................................................................................................Awarded Bonuses
ɯǝɥʇ ʇuǝs ǝʌ,ǝʍ---

Torches_Of_Nero
The Lieder Board

Shakespeare
If you have any music that may not be heard,
Pray, to't again!

Top Winner - January 15, 2009 (Opening of Colosseum IV) through March 16, 2009.
3-20-2009
Prevailing Poet:
Name: Zero the last decepticon
Name: The Love Mutt / Clarice
# of Wins: 2 each!

Top Fighters - January 15, 2009 (Opening of Colosseum IV) through March 16, 2009.
3-20-2009
Most Frequent Duelist:
Name: Zero the last decepticon
Name: caffine / Whoppers
Name: The Love Mutt / Clarice
# of Duels: 3 each!!!

Top Critic - January 15, 2009 (Opening of Colosseum IV) through March 16, 2009.
3-20-2009
Most Active Critic:
Name: Adimurti
# of Critiques: 6
Comments: Always going above and beyond the call of duty, Adimurti was instrumental in getting Colosseum IV off the ground and running. His critiques are carefully thought out, constructive, and sensitive to the needs of each Poet. Adimurti is better than intuitive. Thank you, Chris! kiss

Special Mentions - Critics - January 15, 2009 (Opening of Colosseum IV) through March 16, 2009.
3-20-2009
Other Critic[al] Mentions:
Name: Zero, Ash, Gambol, and Knight,
# of Critiques: 7 total.
Comments: These first Glory Days for the Colosseum were so important to everyone. All of the Judges stepped into their jobs with enthusiasm, care, and devotion I thank you each and every one!

.......................................................................................................Donations and Generosity
ɯǝɥʇ ǝʌoן---

LongTimeListener - The Colosseum Itself and the Grounds
LongTimeListener - Torches of Nero
LongTimeListener - 25,000 gold in Items

Akashya Inoue - 1,000,000 gold

Dedicated Dabbler

3,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
...................................................................................................................Worthy of Posterity
ɯǝɥʇ pǝǝɥ ןן,noʎ---

THE DEMA AFFAIR
demagoguery Calls Out: E V E R Y O N E ! ! !
Form/Style: To Each Defender's Own and Best!
Information: WAR DECLARED!!!
Read These RULES or DIE!

THE WOLF'S HOWL
Wolven Poet (The Love Mutt/Clarice) Calls Out: E V E R Y O N E ! ! !
Form/Style: To be discussed per individual Duel
Judge: Gambol [w/crit]

THE TENNESSEE STOMP
triplenegative Calls Out: E V E R Y O N E ! ! !
Form/Style: FREE STYLE - Individual Duel Subjects to be discussed.
Judge: demagoguery w/crit
It all began when...

May God Have Mercy on Your Souls...

..........................................................................................................................Announcements
ɯǝɥʇ pɐǝɹ---

nothing to report, yet...

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
..........................................................................................................................Judge Central
ɯǝɥʇ dıɥsɹoʍ---

User Image

...................................................................................................................knight_of_chivalry - Ed
User Image
Heeey all of ye, my username's knight_of_chivalry, but feel free to call me Ed.
I’m mainly a WC reg, with the occasional trip to the OP/L. I'm in my first year of University, use sugarhighs to get me through the day, and crash by roughly 9. This'll be my first time as an official colosseum judge, though I've had experience judging before as a guest judge and also by running a contest with a mini-colosseum running within it (besides critting in the OP/L).
If you want to know more about me, lemme know, if there’s one thing on this earth I know how to do is talk continuously.
Cheers!

...............................................................................................................................Seraphly - Sera

User Image
Name: Seraphly
Alias: None, but you can call her Sera.

Seraphly is a young, aspiring lawyer with the ability to find one's weakness and exploit
it in the most brutal sense. Her love of poetry was discovered by accident when reading
a young adult's novel written by Janet McNaughton, named The Secret Under My Skin.
The author's use of John Milton's sonnet, On His Blindness, to advance deepen
the themes within a seemingly simple novel inspired Sera to find meaning
and brilliance through the art of literary imagery.

At 17, her poem "What it is to Fly" won a provincial writing contest. Seraphly thanked
her peers and critics on Gaiaonline, as it was there where that the poem was constantly
torn down and rebuilt from the advice of many site members.

Since then, Seraphly has frequented the forum, where she continues to grow in both her
writing and ability to critique poetry. She is a firm believer that poetry has helped in all aspects
of her life, but especially applying the elements of poetry to all other writing styles.
Seraphly enjoys poetry that is full of concrete imagery, regardless of form. But, she also
believes that a poem should have a point.
Prose poetry, as well as substantiated freeverse are among her favourite forms,
but Sera has an appreciation for all literary images.

..............................................................................................................................Adimurti - Chris

User Image
Hello! I'm Adimurti (or Adi, or Chris), twenty-two years of age, and hate writing intros (seriously, who knows what to put in these things?).
I left college with qualifications in a few things, but my main subjects were British and European History, Social Science, and 'Pre-Teaching'. I'm the captain of the Acumen, and have experience from critiquing there, and in the OP/L. I love finding out about new forms of poetry, and equally love trying my hand at them, although not always being left with the desired quality. I hate repetition, and any form based on it. Hate. I've been writing for a good seven years - okay, the first couple were awful in quality, but still.
Anyways - that's all I can think of that could be seen as remotely interesting about me, so yeah.
Happy duelling!

............................................................................................................................Sin Apophis - Ash

User Image

I'll try to make this quick, to spare you all the suffering. (No one really reads those wall-of-text posts that go on and on about everything one ever did in his or her life.)

You can call me Sin or Ash, depending on whether you want the intimate or internet approach. I'm in college studying Psychology with a minor in Creative Writing. I plan to get my Ph.D.
In the meantime, I'm an editor for my school's literary magazine, and I judge a few contests on Gaia, as well. I turn 20 in May.

Thanks for reading.

...................................................................................................................................................Zeo

User Image

I take your submissions seriously and hope that you do as well. If you should ask for my critique: I don’t sugarcoat my critiques, because true art takes work to craft well. I’m a Virgo, so you’ll get a Virgo critique--thorough and nit-picky (grammar, punctuation, line break placements, use of poetic devices). I’m also interested in how a poem communicates to the reader and how effectively it does so. A poem should speak for itself,
so if I feel it is not doing so I will tell you. I prefer free verse and/or prose poetry to forms, but I'll judge/critique form poems as well. I give long, detailed critiques, so be prepared for a novel-length analysis should you seek my insight.

.............................................................................................................................................Gambol
˙ollǝɥ
User Image
zzz.
User Image
hello.
the name's gambol.

User Image

i'm a very laid-back person. i try to be easy-going. i even look pretty absent-minded.
aw, shucks. i am.
but!
if there's one thing i'm serious about, it's some good poetry, and
encouraging other writers in the writing of poetry.
i tailor my critiques to help you take your duel entry to the next level.
unfortunately, i don't quite have the free time that
i would like to have--but i am usually more than willing to
help you out with poetry and such later.
i am the most interested in imagery in poetry--and
how that forms a foundation for a poem.

stuff i'm writing these days: actually, i've become a prose writer,
after six long years of focusing exclusively on poetry.
and, go figure, i am most known for my imagery in my prose. ha!

˙ǝɯıʇ oʇ ǝɯıʇ ɯoɹɟ ʇxǝʇ uʍop-ǝpısdn ɥʇıʍ
ǝsɐɔɹǝʍol uı ǝdʎʇ oslɐ ı

User Image
i am also fond of using Chrono Trigger sprites,
so if you have character preferences, feel free to include that.

................................................................................................................zero the last decepticon
Regular and Flash Duels Only!
The name says it all. I'm the last of my kind, and I'm all about it.
I won't argue, and I won't nitpick. I'll be brutally honest, open, and crass.
I'm fair, but I'm not the one to run to for worthless praise. I like to write, and I enjoy reading good writing.
Anything less deserves the short end of a plasma cannon.
I don't take bribes, but I enjoy tips. wink In short: Don't pick me for a judge,
unless you want to stand in front of a large crowd naked.
But if you have what it takes, then I'm all for helping out.

.......................................................................................................................................................

User Image

Jewel
One Woman's Opinion

(Written as a prelude for a past critique. Please read carefully, JUDGES, and please DO offer feedback.)

Before I give you both my critique and judgment, I would like to say a few things about the way I judge in general and with sestinas in particular (which I will address in my actual
critique/judgment post).

I look at poetry as a personal medium, open to a wide range and variety of acceptance, approval, liking, and opinion. Many critics find themselves locked into a narrow view, based solely on their own preferences and criteria regarding what they see as good poetry. I find this to be a mistake for many reasons.

Poetry, unlike other forms of writing, has a wider diversity of style, form, and expression--often leaving the reader in one of several states. You may show one poem to ten people and receive ten different interpretations or affect resulting in reactions including approval, disapproval, disgust, understanding, perplexity, anger, joy, melancholy, revulsion, etc.

There are two ways to approach an opinion about anything: head (intellectual) or heart (emotional). While we are all affected on an emotional level by anything we read, when it comes to evaluations, I prefer to take a more clinical approach.

While it does matter to me what a poet is trying to say to some degree (especially if I have been given some helpfully insightful explanation), I let the poem speak to me as an individual reader. Who can really know or understand what any given poet is saying? No two people are alike in background, life experience, ideals, spirituality, and other life-molding matters. Matters that will naturally have an impact on what they write and how they write it.

One example I will give of a personal preference in poetic style: capitalization.

I went to the store | I went to the store | I went to the store.
To get apples | to get apples | To get apples.
Because I was | because I was | Because I was.
Hungry. | hungry. | Hungry.

Of course there are many poems that have a universal audience and are clearly understood (we think). There are famous, and accepted as expert, poets whose work is rarely questioned. It may be dissected and explored in various situations but it is rarely accused of being rubbish.

All of that being said, I just wanted to let you know that I base my critiques on technical criteria (and even so am loathe to be harsh regarding any writer's choice of punctuation, grammar, or form unless it is a formal one, unless such things are glaringly unappealing, or unless it is an obvious mistake) more than emotional ones, even though a bit of that may be thrown in based on my own likes and dislikes. Remarks made about a poem may be valid to the writer or not; may validate the intended message, or frustrate the writer by making him feel misunderstood or maligned.

Poetry is more than words on paper. Poetry is a powerful, dynamic, and potentially life-changing experience. If everyone was satisfied by the same styles, content, phraseology, and the like, there would not be so many writers, in any category of writing. Prosody is one thing, enjoyment another.

There is nothing more painful than to be told a poem was "disappointing", "tripe", "unmoving" or any other negative, narrow-sighted opinion. One person's disappointment may be another's applauded surprise. One person's tripe may be another's grateful acknowledgement that there is someone else in the world who relates to a personal circumstance. What may not move me may move you.

Skill and talent are so very much matters of perception, perspective, and are so dependent on a reader's individuality that they defy any concrete evaluation. The most we can hope to achieve is to assist a writer to re-examine his work, think more carefully about such things as word choice, correctness (when dealing with any particular form), structure, and other technicalities, while at the same time encouraging whatever emotional or intellectual message is being conveyed.

Nothing disturbs me more than accusing a poet of omitting details, explanation, or imagery! Fill in the blanks for yourselves! Ohsure, sometimes something has to be said if it's called for, but not in each and every poem read! Some poetry, like prose, may be minimalist. See it for what it is, interpret it as you will, and leave the poor writer free of rude remarks based on that -alone-.

Yes, of course there is the blatantly poor poetry that we all recognize, but even so, the poet may be gently guided to improve, practice, and hone any possible aforementioned skill and talent, whatever his age or experience. Encourage. Do not belittle.

There may be a time and place for brutal opinion, but it must be seen for just that, understood and accepted by both writer and reader, and not used irresponsibly. "I did not like it" is not a valid critique, even when long and tedious reasons are given. If you like it, great. If you do not, critique from your head. Be honest. Be specific. Be clear. Do not expect your little hand will be held as you read. Dead poets do not do that for you, and neither should any living ones.

Ohsure, discussion and exchange of ideas are nice. Welcomed. Learned from. But look at the big picture and remember one thing: In the end, only kindness matters. (Jewel)

HP
Hawkeye: I will not carry a gun, Frank. When I got into this war I had a very clear understanding
with the Pentagon. No guns. I'll carry your books, I'll carry a torch, I'll carry a tune, I'll carry on, carry over,
carry forward, Cary Grant, cash and carry, carry me back to old Virginie, I'll even hari-kari if you show me how,
but I will not carry a gun!

Mahayr
Thank you Ni Che, for finding this for me again!
kiss

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
.................................................................................................................Duelling History
ɯǝɥʇ ƃoן ǝʍ---

Current Duels

Awaiting Entries

Defender Name: Viktor Kishka
Challenger Name: Fanciful Cerberus
Judge I Prefer: Zeo
Duel Type: Regular
Form: Free Verse
Context: Photosynthesis
The Bet: 200 gold

Awaiting: Entries and Judgment.

Defender Name: Mistress Lunacy
Challenger Name: Akashya Inoue
Duel Type: Regular Call-Out
Form: Italian Sonnet
Context: Death
The Bet: 3,000 gold

Defender Name: il faut
Challenger Name: knight_of_chivalry
Judge I Prefer: Adimurti
Form: Verse Libre
Context: Madness

Defender Name: ViewerDiscretionsAdvised
Challenger Name: Aphrodite F l y t r a p
Form: Haibun
Context: Open

Awaiting Confirmation

Defender Name: TheAmberShrew
Challenger Name: Calviness
Duel Type: Flash-Duel
Form: Open
Context: Unfinished Rooms
The Bet: 50,000 gold

Awaiting: Flash Duel Restrictions Confirmation, Bets, Enguard!, Entries and Judgment.

Awaiting Judge and/or Participants

Judge I Prefer: Open
Duel Type: Flash Duel
Form: Villanelle
The Bet: 10,000 gold

Awaiting: Judge, Bets, Enguard!, Entries and Judgment.

Defender Name: Adimurti
Challenger Name: Open
Duel Type: Regular Duel
Form: Free-Verse
Context: Religion

Awaiting: Challenger, Judge, Bets, Enguard!, Entries and Judgment.

Defender Name: Calviness
Duel Type: Flash Call Out
Form: Free-Verse
The Bet: 4,000 gold

Awaiting: Judge, Bets, Enguard!, Entries and Judgment.

Completed Duels

Defender Name: isis79
Challenger Name: Vespertine
Judge I Prefer: zero the last decepticon
Winner: Vespertine [O]

Defender Name: SPYdrmn_Bishop_O_Darkness
Challenger Name: SemiSuicidal
Winner: SPYdrmn_Bishop_O_Darkness [O]

Defender Name: Whoopers
Challenger Name: zero the last decepticon
Judge I Prefer: knight_of_chivalry
Winner: zero the last decepticon [O]

Defender Name: zero the last decepticon
Challenger Name: cafebrulot
Judge I Prefer: Sin Apophis
Winner: cafebrulot [O]

Defender Name: SemiSuicidal
Challenger Name: Mahayr
Winner: Mahayr [O]

Defender Name: Whoopers
Challenger Name: Mahayr

Defender Name: Trysse
Challenger Name: isis79
Winner: isis79 [O]

Defender Name: The Love Mutt
Winner: knight_of_chivalry [O]

Defender Name: zero the last decepticon
Challenger Name: cafebrulot

Defender Name: The Love Mutt
Challenger Name: Whoopers
Winner: The Love Mutt [O]

Defender Name: Mahayr
Judge I Prefer: Gambol

Defender Name: enFrancais
Challenger Name: Wicked Alyce
Judge I Prefer: Gambol
Winner: enFrancais [O]

Defender Name: cafebrulot
Challenger Name: The Love Mutt
Judge I Prefer: Adimurt

Defender Name: d e s d e m o n o
Challenger Name: cat4452
Winner: d e s d e m o n o [O]

Defender Name: Adimurti
Winner: Adimurti [O]

Defender Name: Kiria Delusional Kitty
Challenger Name: Azula_89
Winner: Kiria Dilusional Kitty [O]

Defender Name: cafebrulot

Defender Name: Akashya Inoue

Judge I Prefer: Toxic Aparadoxaclypse (Guest)

Judge I Prefer:
Lovers Never Tell (Guest)
Winner: TheAmberShrew [O]

Challenger Name: Adimurti
Winner: Adimurti [O]

Defender Name: Fanciful Cerberus
Challenger Name: Kiria Dilusional Kitty

Defender Name: knight_of_chivalry

Challenger Name: Kiria Dilusional Kitty

Defender Name: Kjarlon
Winner: Kjralon [O]

Defender Name: Dancing Armadillo Mage
Challenger Name: zero the last decepticon

Defender Name: Dancing Armadillo Mage
Winner: Akashya Inoue [O]

Defender Name: *Defender's Username Goes Here*
Challenger Name: *Accepting Challenger's Username Goes Here*
Winner: *The Username of the Duel Winner Goes Here* [O]

Keeping Track

Vespertine prevailed in poetic battle against isis79 - zero the last decepticon (wage paid)
SPYdrmn_Bishop_O_Darkness prevailed in poetic battle against SemiSuicidal - Adimurti (wage paid)
zero the last decepticon prevailed in poetic battle against Whoopers - knight_of_chivalry (wage paid)
cafebrulot prevailed in poetic battle against zero the last decepticon - Sin Apophis (wage paid)
Mahayr prevailed in poetic battle against SemiSuicidal - Adimurti (wage paid)
Mahayr prevailed in poetic battle against Whoopers - Adimurti (wage paid)
isis79 prevailed in poetic battle against Trysse - Sin Apophis (wage paid)
knight_of_chivalry prevailed in poetic battle against The Love Mutt - Adimurti (wage paid)
zero the last decepticon prevailed in poetic battle against cafebrulot - Sin Apophis (wage paid)
The Love Mutt prevailed in poetic battle against Whoopers - Adimurti (wage paid)
Mahayr prevailed in poetic battle against knight_of_chivalry - Gambol (wage paid)
enFrancais prevailed in poetic battle against Wicked Alyce - Gambol (wage paid)
The Love Mutt prevailed in poetic battle against cafebrulot - Adimurt (wage paid)

___ exclaim Mar 20, 2009 - The Lieder Board Was Updated, and Awards Sent Out

d e s d e m o n o prevailed in poetic battle against cat4452 - Sin Apophis (wage paid)
Adimurti prevailed in poetic battle against knight_of_chivalry - zero the last decepticon (wage paid)
Kiria Delusional Kitty prevailed in poetic battle against Azula_89 - Sin Apophis (wage paid)
knight_of_chivalry prevailed in poetic battle against cafebrulot - Zeo (wage paid)
knight_of_chivalry prevailed in poetic battle against Akashya Inoue - Adimurti (wage paid)
The Love Mutt prevailed in poetic battle against Akashay Inoue - Toxic Aparadoxaclypse (Guest) (wage paid)
TheAmberShrew prevailed in poetic battle against Akashya Inoue - Lovers Never Tell (Guest) (wage paid)
Adimurti prevailed in poetic battle against Akashya Inoue - Zeo(wage paid)
Kiria Dilusional Kitty prevailed in poetic battle against Fanciful Cerberus - Adimurti (wage paid)
knight_of_chivalry prevailed in poetic battle against The Love Mutt - Adimurti (wage paid)
Kiria Dilusional Kitty prevailed in poetic battle against TheAmberShrew - zero the last decepticon (wage paid)
Kjarlon prevailed in poetic battle against Akashya Inoue - Adimurti (wage paid)
zero the last decepticon prevailed in poetic battle against Dancing Armadillo Mage - Zeo (wage paid)
Akashya Inoue prevailed in poetic battle against Dancing Armadillo Mage - Zeo (wage paid)

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
..........................................................................................................WW&CCFoundation
ɯǝɥʇ pǝǝu noʎ ǝsɐɔ uı---

1. Postcards, stamps, real handwritten notes!
You may also just post in the where! Messages, pictures, greetings.

THE POSTCARD CLUB!!!

2. Need a Grant for a contest
you do not have enough gold or prizes to sponsor alone?
Apply for one from the
WW&CCF Foundation stickied in the WC forum.

3. Get to know your fellows. Chat, discuss, joke, and stay informed in the
FOUNDATION HEADQUARTERS WHERE

Kindest regards always...

Mahayr
WW&CCF

[ Foundation Staff ]

S`qarr - Owner - Admiral
Mahayr - Partner / Hostess - First Mate
HelterSkelterX (Vince) - Partner - Captain
GrantOrg - The Original - Torch Bearer
Major Domo - Foundation / Treasury Agent - Boatswain
Torches Of Nero - Colosseum Agent - Midshipman

And of course, do join our Guild, The Pillar of Worlds.

User Image User Image User Image User Image

-Writing Contests, Charity, Grants, Guild

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
........................................................................................Useful Links and Resources
ɯǝɥʇ ǝsn---

Dictionary.com - Dictionary & Thesaurus
RhymeZone.com - Rhyming Dictionary
READ ALL OF THIS! The Art of Poetry - clarion

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
....................................................................................................Notes to MySweetSelf
oʇɥƃıɹ ˙˙˙ʇɐɥʇ llɐ puɐ 'dn ƃuıdǝǝʞ 'op oʇ---

Pages - in the Grounds / Pages - in Main.

I am posting this just to let you all know where I am in terms of updating/keeping up. PLEASE LET ME KNOW if there are in inaccuracies.

Quote:
QUESTIONS

A note about fees. Fees will be uniform for each judge. 100 for just a decision and short reason, 250 with a critique. FEES will be paid by Torches_Of_Nero.

Quote:
What I need for each Duel:

A copy of each duel particulars - when challenger and defender have made their decisions, the Judge has accepted, and the ENGUARDE! has been posted.
Upon completion of Duel - page numbers of poems and decision.

Information will be posted in its proper place and updated (moved) in a timely manner (to the best of my ability).

Quote:
Procedures to be followed:

1. Someone posts wishing to duel.
2. Someone accepts.
3. Bet is decided.
4. Form is decided.
5. Subject is decided.
6. Judge is decided and informed.
7. Judge accepts.
8. Bets are sent to Judge.
9. Judge posts ENGUARDE! (Main and Grounds). If the duel is a Flash, Judge also posts times (ENGUARDE!, end due at).
10. Duel commences per requirements (regular, flash, double-barrel, etc.).
11. Judge judges and posts results.
12. Judge sends bets to winner.
13. Mahayr and her beloved Cronies try to keep up.
14. Mahayr (eventually) updates Duel History post on page one of both the Main where and the Grounds.

ALWAYS subject to edit.

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Vaylle
You may now POST AT WILL!
PLEASE MESSAGE ME if you have any comments, questions, or suggestions!

JUDGE Positions Filled, BUT!

If interested, feel free to message me, especially if
you have been a regular here and already shown commitment,
and all that!

We have requirements and a process.
Commitment is required.
Responsibility is a must.

Thank you...
Mahayr

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
...and overkill on the reserving. Ha.
Mistress dear I am so glad you have revamped this little thread ^^

lets all hope for a very happy 2009 with lots of dueling and enguarding and whatnot

to the writing desk I say!

Aged Seeker

10,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Yes! I am going to be visiting a few poetry contests and looking for local Judges.
The colosseum is back!!! eek

YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas