Welcome to Gaia! ::

hello! The beginning is already started. To win, you just have to finish the rest.
All entries get 100k
1st place gets 20million
there may be 2nd and 3rd place.

This is a short story I don't plan on reading whole page-fulls of entries

So: North Korea had successfully shot a missile to Hawaii, declaring war with the United States. Reina is a bystander in this, however had lost her parents to Korean soldiers. (They were shot to death)

This is how it starts:

September 18, 2025

Bombs were dropped. Buildings shook. Children were left abandoned on the bloody and crumbled streets of Seattle. Wails echoed throughout every corner. Sirens hollered and flashed. I was constantly rubbing the dust forming in my eyes and trying my best not to choke on the intoxicating smoke polluting the air.

Inaqtuk's Wife

Salty Sweetheart

comment to find later. c:

Sarcastic Nymph

Not Novv
hello! The beginning is already started. To win, you just have to finish the rest.
All entries get 100k
1st place gets 20million
there may be 2nd and 3rd place.

This is a short story I don't plan on reading whole page-fulls of entries

Should this still be open to entries, what is the cap? And the wanted style of ending for said character..?

Romantic Conversationalist

7,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
    Bombs were dropped. Buildings shook. Children were left abandoned on the bloody and crumbled streets of Seattle. Wails echoed throughout every corner. Sirens hollered and flashed. I was constantly rubbing the dust forming in my eyes and trying my best not to choke on the intoxicating smoke polluting the air. It was hard though, and soon the dust was mixing in with my tears, painting my face grey. I would be unrecognisable soon. I knew I had to hide, yet, my feet wouldn’t let me move! Finding some inner courage, I quickly scamper away from the scene, blowing one last kiss to my parent’s dead bodies. I can feel the pain brewing in my chest and bite back sobs. I have to be strong though, I have to make it out.

I can hear the sirens running behind me, their piercing sounds filling the air mixing in with the shouts and the footsteps. They were coming after me, I was a witness and they couldn’t let me leave. Can’t they see I’m only 13! Why do they want me!

They’re getting closer, and I hurry up my pace. Faster I tell my feet, we have to go faster. Up ahead I can see what might be a salvation. A small storm drain, one that I could slide into easy. I risk a glance back and can see them not even 50 metres away. The tears are running down my face in full force now. I can’t give up though. The drain is just ahead, I can see it clearly. Jumping forward I quickly duck underneath the way, and push myself down through the hole. I land with a thud on the ground, and pain shoots up my lower back. I didn’t realise the fall would be this big. The sobbing I’ve been holding for so long finally starts. Why is this happening to me! What do these scary men want from me!

I freeze, their voices are right above me, talking in a tongue I can’t understand. Why can’t they leave me alone? Curl up into a ball; that seems like the best option. Maybe they won’t be able to see me. They might let me live then. I cough loudly, before covering my mouth at realising what I had done. They’ll find me for sure now. I wait for them to come, but, the voices grow further away. Maybe they decided I wasn’t worth it! Maybe they saw me curled on the ground and thought the fall killed me. I laugh with giddy relief, a foreign sound when compared to where I am. A filthy sewer, with war raging above me. I push myself up, and move to rest against a wall.

Maybe I can make it through this. Maybe I’ll live. I slowly close my eyes, these thoughts of making it out of here filling my head. My name is Reina, and my parents were killed by soldiers, but I escaped. I’m sure I’m not the only one, there has to be others like me. Maybe I can help them fight, who knows? But at least I know, I survived for one night, and I can do it for many more.

[[ It's 533 words long, and I kind of took a happy ending because I thought it'd make the most sense. I wasn't sure about the word count, but 500 seemed like enough to me! Hope you enjoy. ]]

Valiant Conqueror

13,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Bombs were dropped. Buildings shook. Children were left abandoned on the bloody and crumbled streets of Seattle. Wails echoed throughout every corner. Sirens hollered and flashed. I was constantly rubbing the dust forming in my eyes and trying my best not to choke on the intoxicating smoke polluting the air. The fact that the sun was almost completely blocked did nothing to help, as I clambered over bodies in search of a place to stay. I did not know the time, but I knew it was getting close to sunset soon, and I needed somewhere to sleep for the night.

Cursing under my breath, I forced myself to not be disgusted by the stench being given off by the corpses lying around my feet. I was alone in all of this. No allies, no companions, no family members. Had it just been a coincidence that the missile came into contact with this country on my birthday? Today had been the day I had been waiting for, for several years. A glorious, beautiful 18. But I no longer felt the excitement of it. Not when there was hell all around me in all directions.

A hand suddenly grabbed onto my leg, causing me to topple forwards onto the ground. I turned around to stare into the face of a half-burnt woman and unknowingly let out a horrified shriek. Not caring that she was still alive, I managed to use my free leg to knee her in the nose and scrambled away. Survival of the fittest had always been my motto in times like these.

Thankfully, no other strangers tried to attack me as I continued down the road in search of a safe place to set up camp. Buildings and homes had all been crushed and destroyed, to my utter dismay, so I was forced to keep on walking for what must’ve been ages before I came upon a tiny, empty shed. I quickly glanced around at my surroundings before entering what I now deemed heaven. There wasn’t any food or a bed inside, but it was better than having to be outside in the cold. I noticed a lock on the work shed behind me and used it to shut the door, worried that someone would try and kill me in my sleep. I’d seen enough movies and books to know that chances of those were quite high.

After clearing away the junk on the ground, I took out my almost dead flashlight and made myself comfortable on the ground. Compared to the other people I had seen wandering around like zombies, I was probably one of the lucky survivors. With a sigh, I was about to close my eyes and go to sleep when I heard a voice from behind me. “Hey, old lady. Move it, will you?”

Nearly jumping out of my skin, I aimed the flashlight at the owner of the mysterious voice, who recoiled back in surprise due to the bright glare. I was almost shocked to see that it was only a boy, still probably in his 6th grade of primary school or something. He probably meant me no harm, but I still had the need to grab ahold of the knife in my backpack, just for good measure. “Who are you?” Was my reply as I tried to get a good look at him and see if he was wielding any weapons.

“What? Who are you?” He demanded, glaring at me with sleepy eyes. I pushed away the temptation to punch him and instead responded with, “I’m Reina. I thought this shed was empty so I came in here to stay the night. Your turn now.” He said nothing for a while until he finally decided that I wasn’t going to do anything to him. Best that he didn’t know I had a knife. “The name’s V.”

“V? Really?” I doubted that was his real one, seeing as how ridiculous it sounded. What sort of person would name their own child ‘V’ anyway? Well, certainly not mine’s, that was. “Well, duh! As if I would tell a stranger my real name!” V sniggered rudely, not seeming to care or even notice that I was older than him by at least 6 or 7 years. Once again, I resisted the desire to punch him and let out a shaky laugh. I was about to tell him off for acting that way towards an older person, but he was already conked out, snoring loudly and everything. That meant I would have to do it tomorrow then. Sighing in irritation, I leant back and closed my eyes. It wasn’t long before I was also in dreamland, all thoughts about the destruction outside long gone from my tired mind.

(( 791 words. I hope I'm not too late... ))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff